Ou Team

Dragonite@weaknesspolicy

nature adamant

252atk 252spe 4hp

-dragon claw

-iron tail

-extreme speed

-dragon dance

While in previous generations Dragonite was often overlooked in favor of the much faster Salamence, Multiscale gives it a major boost that puts it on the forefront of Dragon Dance sweeping. With Multiscale, provided that Stealth Rock is off the field, Dragonite is the only Dragon-type that can claim to have a guaranteed turn of setup, which rivals Salamence and Haxorus only wish they could have. It can even set up on and KO Starmie and Latias, both of which would otherwise have their way with slower Dragon-types. Once set up, very few Pokemon in OU can take on the menace that is boosted Dragonite, allowing it to rip apart teams if left unchecked.

Rotom-w@leftovers

nature bold

252hp 200def 56Sdef

-hydro pump

-volt switch

-thunder wave

-will-o-wisp

This set sacrifices power for bulk. It is able to tank powerful Water attacks from Pokemon such as Politoed and Starmie, which the bulky attacker cannot do as reliably, serving as an awesome anti-rain Pokemon with lots of utility. Volt Switch is a standard move on Rotom-W, and for good reason, as it prevents it from being set up on, which is a problem many defensive Pokemon face, and lets it act as a useful pivot. It also deals decent damage due to STAB and provides coverage against Water- and Flying-types. Hydro Pump hits hard even without investment and is Rotom-W's main way of dealing damage and hurting Pokemon such as Landorus-T, Heatran, and Terrakion. Thunder Wave is a useful move to cripple Pokemon that Rotom-W checks or that would want to switch into Rotom-W, such as Latios, Keldeo, Venusaur, and many offensive Pokemon, while Will-O-Wisp lets Rotom-W patch up its uninvested physical side by neutralizing many physical attackers such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Breloom.

scizor@scizorite

nature adamant

252hp 252atk 4Sdef

-roost

-bullet punch

-u-turn

-persuit

Because of its typing and movepool, Scizor is naturally able to switch in and take on the Psychic- and Ghost-type threats of OU. This set capitalizes on this very aspect, and is designed specifically to allow Scizor to switch in and eliminate them from play easily. Although the Choice Band set does this job as well, using Life Orb instead means Scizor won't become setup bait for dangerous sweepers that would normally take advantage of it being locked into Pursuit. The heavy investment in special bulk, in combination with Roost, also makes Scizor surprisingly durable by allowing it to tank and recover from Psyshock, Psychic, Draco Meteor, Shadow Ball, and other coverage moves repeatedly. Keep in mind, however, that this set lacks the overall power and coverage of the Choice Band set, so use this set only if your team desperately need threats such as Alakazam, Latios, Latias, Espeon, and Gengar out of the way. Outside of its trapping role, Scizor still does its usual duties with Bullet Punch, a reasonably strong priority that picks off weakened threats, and U-turn, which helps maintain offensive momentum and compensate for Scizor's lack of coverage.

greninja@focus sash

nature timid

252ats 252spe 4hp

-dark pulse

-scald

-ice beam

-grass knot

This is a full-on attacking set. Scald is a solid Water-type STAB attack, and despite the slight nerf is still pretty deadly. Ice Beam is necessary in order to take out pesky Grass- and Dragon-types. The third moveslot features Dark Pulse, which is useful both as a reliable secondary STAB attack and to give Starmie a world of pain. Not to mention it does some solid damage to Tentacruel. This Greninja in particular is generally most effective mid-game to late-game and is focused on putting pressure on the opposing team by spamming its Protean-made STAB attacks.

goodra@assoultvest

nature bold

252hp 252def 4Sdef

-fire blast

-dragon pulse

-ice beam

-sludgebomb

Goodra has a really good coverage movepool but shame about its base 80 speed. Still, it has some nice defences, and I think in the lower tiers it can really shine as a bulky sweeper. Gotta watch out for Jynx though. I think Goodra can actually do without STAB Dragon Pulse, because Sludge Bomb and Ice Beam will give much better coverage. And Sludge Bomb will cover Fairy weakness. Fire Blast for bonus coverage!

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hey, first off before I rate; you might want to include your abilities in future posts. Obviously it isn't a huge deal in this one but it might be in the future. A good tip is to go into your teambuilder in Showdown and just click the Import/Export page which will let you copy and paste your team with all stats and EVs included. For your team however:

Dragonite: I think that Lum Berry, Dragon Dance might work better for you since after Rocks, Dragonite becomes quite frail and most attacks that would trigger Weakness Policy will kill it anyway. As for the moveset, I would switch Iron Tail for Fire Punch. I get that Iron Tail is for Fairies but without Fire Punch Dragonite is completely walled by Steel types; which are way more common than Fairies at the moment.

Rotom-W: Good set, the only thing I would change is Thunder Wave to Pain Split since Rotom doesn't really need two status moves.

Scizor: Possibly switch out Pursuit for Superpower since, without it, you are completely walled by Heatran who is very common right now. Most Psychic types won't switch on Scizor anyway (and you already have U-Turn) so the only thing that Pursuit would be useful for is an anti-lead against Deoxys-D and S and of course for ghosts. I guess you just have to choose whether or not your team needs to counter Aegislash or Heatran more though, so up to you.

Greninja: Looks fine.

Goodra: Switch out Fire Blast for Earthquake, much more reliable against Steel types. Also you will never see Jynx in OU so don't worry about that.

And..... You are missing a 6th Pokemon, might want to fix that.

^What Genesisboi7 said about the abilities and the 6th poke. Mods will lock this up if you only have 5. Anyway, here are some suggestions.
  • Dragonite- Move those 4 HP EVs to Def or SDef to minimize Stealth Rock damage. WP Dragonite isn't bad and has its perks over Lum Berry (Lum Berry helps setting up though). I suggest running Earthquake / Fire Punch > Iron Tail. Fire Punch deals with Steels like Ferrothorn and Skarmory. EQ does the same but exchanges the ability to hit Skarm for the ability to KO Heatran.
  • Scizor- I recommend a spread of 252 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SDef and an Adamant Nature. The spread gives you enough special bulk to setup on special attackers like 252+ Aegislash. Avoid Fire types though lol. Pursuit is great choice. I do recommend trying out Knock Off > Pursuit as it has more BP especially when foes have an item.
  • Greninja- Life Orb / Expert Belt > Focus Sash. Sash is a better choice if you run Spikes. Other than that, Greninja needs all the power it can muster to turn those chance OHKOs to guaranteed OHKOs.
  • You lack a Defogger / Spinner. I suggest putting Excadrill in that 6th slot. Excadrill removes SR that could break Dnite's Multiscale (assuming you run Multiscale > Inner Focus lol).
    Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Rock Slide
    - Rapid Spin
Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)