Other OU Teambuilding Competition Round 5 [Entries OPEN See Post #294]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
My favorite team other than mine, of course is Knight of Cydonia. The team has a lot of synergy and just seems to be the most effective of the entries.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
ShootingStarmie (although Lum Berry Bisharp was almost a dealbreaker [seriously, what burns this that it doesn't kill?...])

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Knight of Cydonia in my opinion made the best team this round, although I think U-Ralph and Seevea also made solid teams. My vote goes to Knight

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
I really liked Shootingstarmie's team, as I really liked his teambuilding choices, particularly Keldeo, which I feel synergizes incredibly well with this core

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ShootingStarmie made a team that was very similar to the one I made (which is why I didn't post it), so he has my vote. Also Keldeo is a great partner for this core.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
U-Ralph's team is pretty solid and I think he built really well around the given core. My vote goes to him.

U-Ralph, as his team has the best overall synergy without being overly dependent on each other to the point of a breakdown if one of the wheels comes off of the track.

I vote to U-ralph team but use hp fly on keldeo better
A bit late to take your point in consideration, but i will think about that by testing it. Anyway, thanks for your props but don't forget the bold tool,i'm not sure it will be counted other way.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Round 2 Voting is now over!

I apologize for the wait, I was a pretty busy last night so I wasn't able to end the round. Good thing I didn't though, because it seems like a lot of people hadn't voted yet anyway. Here are the results:

U-Ralph: 9
ShootingStarmie: 5
Knight of Cydonia: 6
Acestriker19: 1
Rob.: 1

And with that, U-Ralph is the winner of Round 2! The value of his vote will be doubled and his team enters the hall of fame, congratulations to him!

Thank you to everyone who voted and submitted a team.

The core for the third round of OUTC will be:

Manaphy and Dragonite

+

Manaphy is arguably one of the most dangerous sweepers in all of OU because of its access to the almighty and coveted Tail Glow, which boosts its Special Attack by a whopping three stages in just one turn of setup. It has useful coverage moves such as Ice Beam, Energy Ball, and Psychic to get around Pokemon that would commonly give it trouble, such as bulky Water-types or Mega Venusaur. Chansey is one of the only reliable safe counters to this thing, because other than that, Mega Venusaur has to watch out for the Psychic variants. Its solid 100/100/100 bulk gives it many opportunities to setup and its lone Water-type is great defensively, giving it only two weaknesses. All in all, Manaphy is a terrifying sweeper that has the ability to rip apart nearly any team lacking a solid check or two to it.

Dragonite is an amazing sweeper in OU, and it always has been ever since it was given the ability Multiscale last generation, which halves the damage of every move as long as it's at full health. As long as Multiscale is intact, Dragonite is almost guaranteed a free Dragon Dance, and thanks to its useful resistances , decent bulk, and access to Roost, keeping it healthy isn't that difficult as long as you have something to remove Stealth Rock. On top of its massive bulk, Dragonite also has an incredible movepool that allows it to be extremely versatile and unpredictable. ExtremeSpeed heavily makes up for Dragonite's mediocre Speed stat, and it's a very powerful priority move that can easily pick apart many offensive Pokemon at +1. Its decent Special Attack lets it abuse its massive special movepool, which includes moves such as Hurricane, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor, Thunder, Surf, and more! Although Dragonite struggles to break through most physical walls with its bread and butter Dragon Dance set, once these threats are removed, a sweep comes very easily.

Entries are due Saturday, March 1st.

Discussion on the core is welcome and highly encouraged. Good luck to every and have fun.

Well, Manaphy has two sets, one far more anti-meta than the other, and dnite has a ton of sets to work with from band to special... However, I think I've got an idea. Unfortunately, it isn't stall :(

Making stall with random cores seems interesting, but this core is so inviting otherwise I can't run stall on it. I'm guessing the core needs some electric counters (or wacan berry manaphy), as well as probably needing a good defensive steel pivot. Ice/Elec is kind of an odd resist pattern having only a few dedicated pokes that resist the legendary boltbeam attack combo. Grass 4x resist Dnite and Ice 2x resist manaphy is probably the main focus of their own individual interactions. Manaphy wallbreaking/early game sweeping for Dnite late game could work, as manaphy's coverage takes a ton of pokemon, including garchomp/lando-t leads that could mess with Dnite late game.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.

Ah, the classic rain dance team.

Here's the team description:
Politoed (Or Anti-lead, or so they say)
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpDef/252 Def, 4 SpAtk
Nature: Calm
- Scald
- Encore
- Hypnosis/Toxic
- Ice Beam

Okay, so does EVERY rain dance team need one of these? I think so. Here we have the anti-lead, and the one pokemon that makes it rain better than Lil Wayne. With the ability drizzle, one switch in will turn the battlefield into a rainy climate, which sets the mood for the rest of the team. The first move here is Scald, which not only has a small boost in rain, but also has a decent chance to burn the target. Thus being said, you'll want to use it to get a burn on most physical attackers, notably machamp or Iron Fist conkeldurr. Once you get a burn, it's good at helping cripple the foe. The main "anti-lead" move that this fella has got is encore. Aside from smeargle, most leads are rather slow. Once your opponent has an entry hazard up, mess up their plan with a nice encore. They'll be locked into something like Spikes, and will be forced to switch out. Encore got nerved to a mere 3 turns of being locked in a move, but it still can hurt if used incorrectly on something such as a thunderbolt. Hypnosis and toxic fight for the place here, but each have different causes. Hypnosis puts your opponent asleep, but it isn't as important due to the fact that Politoed doesn't need to set up anything. However, Politoed will get a free switch, and that says it all. Toxic is only good at crippling foes, if you didn't get the burn from scald. Ice beam, lastly is only meant for doing damage to a foe. It will do acknowledgeable damage if it is super effective, however.

Manaphy (Or "Don't let that bitch set up!")
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 HP, 4 Speed
Nature: Modest
- Substitute
- Calm Mind/Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice beam/Energy Ball

You got rain? I got rain. And this pokemon NEEDS it. Hydration prevents your darling Manaphy from getting crippled by a Burn or Poison. This lets you calmly set up a substitute while politely flipping the world's biggest middle finger. After you get a substitute up, start Calm Minding, and don't hesitate to stop until your substitute broken, as your HP EVs make 101 HP subs. After you've gotten a decent amount of Calm Mind's up, start sweeping with your two offensive moves. You've got Hydro Pump, and that is an extremely damaging attack in the rain. Hydro Pump in the rain 2HKO's a 252 HP Abomasnow. Your second offensive move is either Ice Beam or Energy Ball. Ice Beam is a good move, but Politoed already has it and so does Goodra. Energy ball hard-hits Water type pokemon, and gets rid of one of the world's best stallers - quagsire. Your choice, but I recommend energy ball.

Magnezone (Or, "The fuck just happened?")
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull/Sturdy
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Nature: Timid
- Thunder
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Volt switch

This bad boy has a usage set, except it packs thunder, over thunderbolt. Why? Because in the rain, Thunder hits a perfect 100. This does extreme damage, regardless of the typing. (Except the ground type, hehe). With a choice scarf, Magnezone can outspeed most threats, and give a nice, warmed, heart-loved thunder straight to that bitch's face. Volt Switch, arguably the best Choice Scarf move, is literally just there to do damage, or finish off a foe. Hidden Power Fighting is chosen over Hidden Power Fire due to the fact of the damage halfed for Fire in the rain. Flash Cannon does what it always does - simple damage.

Goodra (Or episode 4 of Stall Wars: No more hope)
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP, 176 Spdef, 76 SpAtk
Nature: Calm
- Rain Dance
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

It kinda stalls, but not as much as I said it does. I just wanted to make that joke, I know, I'm lame. This pokemon is your second access to rain, in case Politoed faints. (Which it shouldn't!). You've got Hydration, like manaphy, but you get to use it better, due to your IMMENSE bulk. After getting Rain up, Toxic your opponent. This will wear them down, slowly but painfully. After all this, cripple them with 100% accuracy thunders, and ice beams. That's pretty much all there is to it, folks.

Toxicroack (Or, "The greatest story ever told!")
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch

This pokemon is all about being frail, but gaining health. With a Dry Skin, Toxicroak gains health every turn, and combined with Leftovers, he gains 1/8 of his health each turn. The strategy shown is to substitute, then start bulking up. With a Jolly Nature, Toxicroak should outspeed more threats than magnezone. Although you already have good enough forms of recovery already, you can still use drain punch to gain an amazing amount of health after a couple of Bulk Ups. Poison Jab also counters fairies, which is a nice addition.

Dragonite (Or, "The Star of The Show!")Item: Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spd
Nature: Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Fuck this thing is dangerous. With Multiscale, and max HP, Dragonite will take any first hit like a monster. After taking that first hit, he can set up a dragon dance. Then, he'll take another fucking hit, and set up another dragon dance. Then you're going to outrage his whole team, and eat your lum berry, and outrage again! In all seriousness, this set literally states that Dragonite can potentially sweep a whole team with outrage. Waterfall does get a boost in the rain, and sure is terrifying after a few dragon dances. After a few dragon dances, all three of dragonites moves will be terrifying. Due to the fact that Max HP and Multiscale guarantee that dragonite survives at least one hit, you'll always get a DD in. Lum Berry is helpful as well, as not only does it cure Outrage confusion, but it allows you to safely set up and take one status problem.

Here are some calcs:
Politoed

252 SpA Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Politoed: 186-218 (48.4 - 56.7%) -- 89.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Politoed: 186-222 (48.4 - 57.8%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Politoed: 198-234 (51.5 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Arcanine Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Politoed: 244-288 (63.5 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Politoed: 234-276 (60.9 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Manaphy

252+ SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp in Rain: 232-274 (64.8 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dusknoir in Rain: 118-141 (40.1 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle in Rain: 158-188 (64.7 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Rain: 344-408 (85.1 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Magnezone

252 SpA Magnezone Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Blastoise: 276-326 (76.2 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Magnezone Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 217-256 (65.5 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Magnezone Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 169-201 (55.5 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle: 102-122 (41.8 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recover

252 SpA Magnezone Thunder vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Aggron: 216-255 (62.7 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Goodra

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra: 135-161 (35.1 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Porygon-Z Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra: 164-194 (42.7 - 50.5%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Glaceon Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra: 158-188 (41.1 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra: 282-332 (73.4 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Toxicroak

252+ Atk Toxicroak Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 342-404 (95 - 112.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Toxicroak Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Carbink: 132-156 (43.4 - 51.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Toxicroak Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 390-462 (104.2 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Dragonite

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Salamence: 882-1040 (266.4 - 314.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 690-812 (192.7 - 226.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 560-662 (156.4 - 184.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Showdown Matches with this team:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)