Project OU Teambuilding Competition V8 (Round 24: Building: Post #721 Page 29: Mega Latias + Togekiss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs

Well to be honest, this core basically mandates spike stacking, and many of the teams have similar concepts, which is something to be expected from the core. I chose support ttar with irs stnadard set. Klefki was immediately added to help offense as well as to get up Spikes and act as a safety net vs the majority of set up sweepers. Next up is talonflame. He is our bisharp counter with TauntWisp to help keep hazards up. Excadrill was added for some speed and hazard control. Air balloon Excadrill was almost needed to help vs opposing Excadrill offense. Lastly, we have Mega Manectric. He was added due to suggestion of AM, and he helps with speed control as well as gives us momentum to help keep hazards up. Magnet rise Manectric was added to help vs many a EQ users such as Lando or Garchomp who think they can tank an HP ice and kill you. It gives a ton of momentum to the user. Overall, I think this is a very difficult team to play but nonetheless solid.

annie are u okay? (Tyranitar) (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

mouth to mouth (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Recover
- Hex

sign on da window (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

blood stains (Talonflame) (M)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 112 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Roost

clear the area (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

crescendo's sound (Manectric) (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Magnet Rise
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-293789546 vs SunnyOras (I won if I remembered to change tflames ability)

E: Skarmory is better, changed​

Last edited:

Classic Gen 5 core warrants a classic Gen 5 Skarm HO. Custap Skarm being the lead usually gets up at least SR + 1 layer of Spikes before going down. Max Spe Taunt lets it beat opposing Taunters like Mew. Brave Bird lets it suicide against opposing hazard removers and go into Ttar to KO them. Min bulk with Hasty investment ensures Skarmory be brought down to Custap range instead of hanging hanging at 40% or something. Scarf Tyranitar beats opposing hazard removers like Latios, Zapdos and Starmie after Skarmory suicides into them while Jellicent deals with the ones which Ttar cannot handle, such as Scizor, Skarmory and Excadrill. EV-ed to speed creep standard Skarmory to Taunt it before it can Defog. Sitrus Berry lets it check Excadrill better. Loss of Lefties doesn't matter much because Jellicent has reliable recovery, and many of the things it check happen to run Knock Off very frequently. Even though Scald has 74% burn rate, the 1% more that WoW has makes a difference sometimes, and Toxic has 50% accuracy so WoW is far more reliable anyway. Bisharp is handy in the case where I was unable to predict and double switch to Ttar or Jellicent against a Defogger; wins games at +2 and deals with Clefable who is a real pain. Keldeo on the other hand simply breaks stuff hard, especially with SR and Spikes up; also has good synergy with Ttar who traps stuff for Keldeo. Alakazam mainly exists for its speed, dealing with opposing weather teams, as well as cleaning up really well late game with hazards up.

Typically, lead with Skarmory unless opponent has a Sableye (then lead with Keldeo). Use SR or Taunt depending on matchup, then spam Spikes until in Custap range. If facing a hazard remover when at Custap range, suicide into them with Brave Bird to dodge the Defog/Spin. Tyranitar or Jellicent should be able to beat them or at least pressure them to switch out without removing hazards. From there, break stuff with Keldeo and Pursuit trap with Ttar when necessary. Bisharp does Bisharp stuff. Alakazam deals with anything too fast to handle, and cleans easily if it traces a good ability.
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch

Jellicent @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 208 HP / 216 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Last edited:
Reactions: AM

This week's Ttar + Jellicent core screamed hazard stack, so that's the direction I headed in. Skarmory was my pick over other spikers cause I wanted something that could check both Mega Lopunny and Excadrill. A physically defensive spread was chosen to better check the two as well as handle other physical goons. Next, I wanted a cleaner and it was a pretty easy Excadrill. Went with Balloon SD+Spin to improve my match up to grounds, opposing Excadrill, and opposing spike stack teams while still having some breaking potential. I was looking weak to a few things here, namely Scizor (SD Knock or Offensive SD) and waters (Manaphy Rotom-W etc).

Heatran being one of the best Scizor checks in the game earned it a spot on my squad. The dream was to go Power Herb Solar Beam Tran to kill two birds (Rotom/water + Scizor) with one stone, but unfortunately beams power is halved in sand, and in practice, sand would be up most of the time. dot cri. I brainstormed a bit and it came to me: BW Sunny Day Tran. I was skeptical at first, but after testing it out, the set really put in work. Sunny Daying on the water switch lets Tran wall and severely damage it in most cases (bar maybe Keldeo, EQ Gyara, and few others). To ensure I could get up Sunny Day, especially if I'm put in a situation where I can't switch or don't want to (say, on Manaphy, Azumarill, Starmie, or Rotom-W) I slapped a Passho Berry on Tran. DPP/BW sets stay winnin'.

Here I wanted a fast mon that was resilient to water since that was still a major concern. Mega Sceptile looked nice so I went with it. One important reason why I chose Scep here was the synergy it had with its teammates, the biggest one being Heatran. Once Sceptile is M-evo'd, 99% of the time, your opponents Rotom is not clicking Volt Switch which lets Tran do it's Sunny Day thang. On top of this, outspeeding nearly everything on offense, biggest one being M-Lop, means I won't be overly reliant on Excadrill for speed. Moreover, All-out-attacker Scep, the set I chose to run, does a good job at weakening stuff for Drill in addition to giving little wiggle room to otherwise decent checks such as Raikou, Ferrothorn, and Sdef Heatran. With all the pieces put in place, it was time to seal a few holes. Gengar and Mega Zam were huge which made me run Chople Ttar + Sdef Jellicent to consistently beat the two. That should've been it except for the fact that Bisharp 6-0d me lmao. So after finding out such a disheartening fact, I dropped Earth Power for Will-O-Wisp on Heatran. This coupled with Rh Skarm should amount to counter play- no, it MUST amount to counter play. That's pretty much it.
Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Heatran @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.

I'm not exactly sure what this is supposed to be but it seems kinda cool. I took a different approach to TTar and wanted to use its CB set because its so fun to use and its coverage just makes it ridiculously hard to switch into. Jellicent is standard Sdef and covers a bunch of stuff that annoys TTar, including Water types. I initially chose SD U-turn MegaZor on the basis that this was gonna be a hazard stacking team and being able to grab momentum easily sounded quite appealing but the way this build turned out, I didn't bother running Spikes because I couldn't fit them on, but MegaZor helps with annoying shit like Weavile and Bisharp while also functioning as the main Fairy switch in on this team. The team felt really slow and easily overwhelmed by Manaphy, so I went with Latios. Defog Latios is boring, so I chose CM instead to act as a wincon and also a Latios set that doesn't get stalled out by SpD Gliscor and is also capable of overloading Mega Sableye because its threatening too. Lando-T brings SR, a Sand check, and Zard X check, and another Ground immunity. At this point Serperior screws this team over badly, so Amoonguss was a decent fit as it also checks Electrics pretty well. idk what threatens this team, but I ironed most issues through BreakMyTeam, but Talonflame can pressure the team after TTar and Lando-T are weakened. Also nobody wanted to test with me so yeah.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Punch

EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Recover
- Taunt

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 44 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP 80 Def 180 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Iron Head
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 144 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 24 Def / 240 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

kind of basic team built mostly around the core, but with mag easily being the most important part of the team. toxic-stall gliscor is hard-stopped by skarm/scizor much like dd alt is, and mag killing skarm/sciz lets alt/gliscor shine.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Round 12 building stage is now over so let's begin voting. Please note the general timeframe when building closes as I had to just delete a post for a team for not being aware of it. There's no specific time because irl takes priority but the last half hour / hour mark I put up before this comment is valid so take that into consideration for anyone who plans on participating. Anyways 14 teams, thanks again everyone, and let voting commence.

Team 1

This is a fun hazard stacking team that I built around the use of jellicent's spinblocking abilities in conjunction with Tyranitar's ablilty to trap common hazard removers, namely the lati twins with several mons knowing taunt added to the team to prevent opposing mons from defogging away my hazards. Since this was going to be more of a hazard stacking build, I added Ferrothorn as a secondary water type check, a manaphy "counter", and a mon that generally has pretty good supporting capabilities overall and is an excellent glue mon for this team. Talonflame is my primary check to special attackers that ttar can't handle, and it is a really good check to mons that threaten bulkier playstyles such as Serperior, Keldeo, and Mega Heracross while also providing a solid wincon with the team with bulk up+taunt. Next up, I definitely needed a mon to clear opposing hazards as my team has many passive members that allow others to get hazards up, and I have a Talonflame who is 4x weak to rocks, so I thought that Excadrill would be a really cool mon to add, and its ability to sweep later in the game with sand rush as a result of Ttar's sand stream. Lastly, I needed a switch into edgequake users like eplate landorus as well as another electric check, so I added bulky CM Mega Latias as a good mon to check these threats while setting up later in the game to help beat down unprepared teams, and hitting decently hard with its STAB stored power after only a couple boosts. Overall, I'm pretty proud of this build, and it looks pretty good to me.
Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Taunt/Will-O-Wisp

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide/Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Substitute/Reflect Type/Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Stored Power
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-292951357 - vs Hoopa-U volturn
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-292954285 - vs Rain Team, but with hax from both sides
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-293351540 - Fun battle vs bludz where I may have made a few misplays, but still pulled out the win.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-293362744 - It may be a low ladder battle, but the opponent had all viable mons, and it shows talonflame putting in work.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-293445206 - Cool battle vs stall/semi-stall.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-293702763 - Fun battle vs Wheezer showing Mega Latias' potency vs slower teams.
Team 2

So I started with a support Ttar set with the intention of building a balance squad. SR/Pursuit/SE are all mandatory, but I chose Fire Blast in the last slot for Scizor and Ferro. Lefties is the item of choice given that I am not running an Excadrill. Next, I opted for a Defensive Jellicent set to check Keld and Scizor and such. The set is pretty self explanatory, with Scald being reliable STAB with added burn chance and Recover/Toxic/Taunt to stall out slower teams. With this pair in mind, I wanted a solid check to Weavile, Bish, and Fairies. M-Scizor fit well, so I chose a bulky SD set with Superpower. Next, I wanted a breaker and electric check, so Kyu-B was added. Next, I wanted something that could clean up and still beat fairies like Twave Clef, so I added BU Talon because I was a bit weak to stall. The spread is weird, but it gives Talon a bit of bulk while still being able to outpace base 110s. With running Talon and Kyu-B, I was very weak to SR, so the last slot was dedicated to removal. I opted for standard Latios so that I have a secondary answer to Keldeo other than Jellicent.
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Taunt

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

Talonflame
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 128 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog
Team 3

Support Tyranitar + Stallbreaker Jellicent is pretty cool. Excadrill was pretty much a given for the team considering there was a Tyranitar in the team. I decided to go with Rapid Spin + Swords Dance and its STABs, because it was basically a free slot that didn't necessitate another who team member to remove hazards. Mega Charizard was added next to create a dual weather core with TTar. It also helps out Jellicent and Clefable by decimating key components of today's stall, Mega Sableye and Gothitelle. Celebi was added to combat opposing weather, namely Sand since Ttar would give Excadrill and Mega Chomp free Sand turns. I went with NP + BP to give Charizard the possibility of sweeping slower teams. Clefable was my final addition because I was a bit weak to Dragons in general (mostly Garchomp) and Mega Gyarados does a number against this team. Overall it's a fun team
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solarbeam
- Roost
- Focus Blast

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
Team 4

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 80 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Fairy Lock
- Play Rough

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Flame Charge
- Focus Blast

Serperior @ Coba Berry
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Giga Drain
So this team is quite similar to the one by KidMagic above, but I think that's quite natural as CharY and Exca work so well with this core, however with flame charge and Serperior this takes a more offensive approach. The team is based on applying immediate offensive pressure with multiple powerful wincons in CharY, Serperior and Excadrill, supported by a strong defensive backbone in Klefki, Ttar and Jellicent, which also dominate the hazard war as Jellicent spinblocks, Ttar pursuit traps common hazard setters in Latis and Starmie, Klefki sets spikes and Exca spins. The team has a decent match-up against all playstyles - Jellicent with taunt along with CharY and Serperior can break stall, CharY, Exca and Serperior can all wreck balance especially with Klefki's spikes support, and Klefki, Excadrill, and CharY (courtesy of flame charge) tear offence a new one.

In terms of set specifics - 12 Atk on Ttar guarantees the KO on offensive Starmie with pursuit, ice beam helps vs Chomp, Lando etc. Trapping Latis helps CharY by removing its most common checks. Fairy Lock on Klefki gives CharY, Serp or Exca a free turn of set-up. Play rough to hurt M-Sab on the switch and to damage fighting types. Air balloon & jolly on Exca to help vs opposing sand, mitigate a common ground weakness and because life orb + rapid spin is a bad combo imo especially when removing rocks is so important on this team. Jellicent provides a vital water immunity on a team with 3 water weaknesses, taunt to help vs stall & will-o-wisp + max Def to cripple physical attackers. Flame charge on CharY is just retarded and at +1 can easily sweep most balance/offensive teams once resists have been taken care of, timid to outspeed scarf Lando, also works great with Tar+Exca as they reset each others' weathers. Serperior is a great partner for CharY as it takes out bulky waters and grounds, helps the rain matchup, coba berry HP rock lures Talonflame which can be a problem if Ttar goes down, giga drain to prolong a sweep.
Team 5

Tyranitar: I choose to run the support sand rush set as I wanted excadrill to be a partner for the core the usual set with not much to change here and there, set can be changed to the ice beam on to check things like gliscor or land or I didn't really see that as that big of a problem

Jellicent: The other half of the core, jellicent synergized with tyranitar a lot so it was much of a surprise why it was the partner, being able to check mons like keld is nice for t-tar as the support set cant touch keld whatsoever.

Excadrill: T-Tar's partner in crim, sporting that high attack with that dank ability sand rush makes this thing wanna call t-tar is dad, this is just here as it synergizes with t-tar(kinda) but on a whole benefits from T-tars presence

Brelooooooooooooooooom The opposing sand check, originally this was chesnaught spot, but so far this team be looking mighty offensive so I just replaced it with this thing to keep the momentum rolling, opposing sand if it wins the speed tie with exca at plows through me so this thing serves as a check to it, chesnaught all in all is a better defensive check but as I said offense was looking like this thing.

SmogonBird: Look at the team, how do I hit grass types? Yh this things serves as that serp+venu check which otherwise without sand up rips the team to shreds and aint nobody wants that so I got this thing to act as a revenge killer to those thing, stallbreaker set can be run over this to check stall I guess.

Latias-Fatlord: I'm running tflame, I have no way to remove rocks,tflame hates rocks, I have no mega, It would be odd without a mega tbh, other than fatstoise what else would I use? latios-mega? na this thing just seemed to fit right into that last spot getting them rocks away and checking a few last threat that I saw
Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 192 SpA / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Seed Bomb
- Facade

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
Team 6

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Roost
k so this core just mandates spikestacking sigh. after having a nice chat with arifeen, i tried using specs jellicent as a wallbreaker but i couldnt justify using it over manaphy. dd ttar enjoys spikes support a lot, and is part of the core, so i went with that. hippo + skarm provides hazard support, and provides a solid defensive core for the spike stacking team. i had ww skarm as well to take advantage of spikes, but i like the double taunt on spikestacking teams. whirlwind is definitely a very good option though, and stops you from getting 6-0ed by mega gyarados. added starmie to spin. tbolt hits gyara. added cb talon to revenge kill stuff, strong priority, and momentum a la u-turn. i dont care about stall since it is apparently not a relevant playstyle in tours, but you could run stallbreaker talon to help with that (lol toxic sable). replaced hippo with mamo after some testing because i got dicked by thundurus. edit2: hp fire latios to not autolose to manaphy and help with ferro
Team 7

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
In my opinion, Jellicent = hazard stacking. So I began with Ferrothorn. It checks Water-types and Altaria-Mega lacking Fire Blast, and is an excellent glue to my team. I chose a specially defensive spread to take Hyper Voice + Focus Blast of Gardevoir-Mega which is a huge threat to my team. Next I wanted a Fire-type, so I could complete the FWG core. Enter Camerupt-Mega. Why this Pokemon ? Just because Talonflame / Zard need hazard remover, and Rapid Spin users don't have really good synergy with the initial core. Heatran added a lot of weakness against Fighting-types. Camerupt-Mega is not very very good, but it sets up SR which is very important, checks Electric-types like Manectric-Mega or Raikou. Its power is often underestimated and really likes Pursuit support of Tyranitar because Latios checks it. Finally, Latios and Clefable finish the team. Latios is CM, so I can lure opponents' Clefables. Tyranitar is Choice Scarf, checking Bisharp and adding some speed to the team. Overall a pretty nice hazard stacking.
Team 8

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Lunar Dance

Diancie @ Mental Herb
Ability: Clear Body
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Diamond Storm

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed

Dragalge @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
So trick room came to mind when using Jellicent, since it's a decent setter of it. Ttar is nice too because Talonflame is always a threat to trick room. I chose defensive jellicent since its reasonably bulky, can recover, can wisp things that are annoying for this team (m-sciz) and scald, making it a consistent TR setter. Colbur berry is so that dark spam doesnt wipe through my TR setters. Ttar has nice synergy with jellicent and a life orb max atk adamant set gets the job done with raw power. Ttar actually helps a lot with Trick room's stall matchup which can be rough sometimes, since it can trap gothitelle and doesnt mind too much having a scarf. Nets a lot of nice kills since its nice and slow and is a real monster in TR conditions. Next up was Cress, basically mandatory for any trick room team since it gets lunar dance. Standard physdef spread allows it to be obscenely bulky and set TR, while ice beam catches Lando-Ts and Garchomps for good damage. Cress is a solid glue that can check a lot of random threats and give a TR abuser a second chance at sweeping. Mental herb for taunt. regular diancie w/mental hurb gets past taunt users (big threat to TR) is my rocks setter. sets TRs consistently, and explodes for damage/momentum. Next up was the mega. I initially chose Mega-Camerupt, but it just got walled by a lot of bulky waters that bothered Ttar anyway, so I chose mega-hera instead. Mega-hera is actually very crucial in terms of offensive synergy for this team, since it can break a lot of steels that can give dragalge and tyranitar trouble. Dragalge in the final slot as a special TR sweeper, hits really really hard, and HP fire is so that i dont autolose to m-sciz. Item on Cress is variable, you can run another colbur for matchup purposes, or even red card (although that isnt as beneficial as mherb/colbur imo). Overall, a pretty nice trick room build that can check common threats and hit pretty hard with three TR abusers.

Note: I know hazard stack is the more traditional route with this core, but i don't care much for jellicent as a spinblocker this gen. Mostly because it cant spinblock excadrill well:
252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Jellicent: 216-255 (53.4 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Team 9

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Recover
- Hex

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
So what I made here is a pretty solid sand balance team. And unlike most balance teams, this one has a great match up against goth stall thanks to the fat shit jellicent. Jellicent gives me a great match up against most balance and bulkier teams along with talonflame, allowing the team to work pretty well. The team is obviously hazard based with ferrothorn and hippo for hazard, and jelli and tflame can taunt defoggers, while jelli can spin block. I also have an excadrill of my own to keep hazards off my side of the field and to revenge powerful threats that may break threw like zard x, torn-t, etc. The goal of the team is really to just slowly weaken my opponent with hazards, sand damage, burns, and leech seed damage, until excadrill can run through the team or I just slowly kill shit either way works. The team obviously has weaknesses as kyu-b, weavile, and mamo are huge weaknesses, but the team possesses ways to play around them with the use of playing smart with all the members and keeping hazards on the field.
Team 10

Well to be honest, this core basically mandates spike stacking, and many of the teams have similar concepts, which is something to be expected from the core. I chose support ttar with irs stnadard set. Klefki was immediately added to help offense as well as to get up Spikes and act as a safety net vs the majority of set up sweepers. Next up is talonflame. He is our bisharp counter with TauntWisp to help keep hazards up. Excadrill was added for some speed and hazard control. Air balloon Excadrill was almost needed to help vs opposing Excadrill offense. Lastly, we have Mega Manectric. He was added due to suggestion of AM, and he helps with speed control as well as gives us momentum to help keep hazards up. Magnet rise Manectric was added to help vs many a EQ users such as Lando or Garchomp who think they can tank an HP ice and kill you. It gives a ton of momentum to the user. Overall, I think this is a very difficult team to play but nonetheless solid.
annie are u okay? (Tyranitar) (M) @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

mouth to mouth (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Recover
- Hex

sign on da window (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Hp / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

blood stains (Talonflame) (M)
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 112 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Roost

clear the area (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

crescendo's sound (Manectric) (M) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Magnet Rise
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-293789546 vs SunnyOras (I won if I remembered to change tflames ability)
Team 11

Classic Gen 5 core warrants a classic Gen 5 Skarm HO. Custap Skarm being the lead usually gets up at least SR + 1 layer of Spikes before going down. Max Spe Taunt lets it beat opposing Taunters like Mew. Brave Bird lets it suicide against opposing hazard removers and go into Ttar to KO them. Min bulk with Hasty investment ensures Skarmory be brought down to Custap range instead of hanging hanging at 40% or something. Scarf Tyranitar beats opposing hazard removers like Latios, Zapdos and Starmie after Skarmory suicides into them while Jellicent deals with the ones which Ttar cannot handle, such as Scizor, Skarmory and Excadrill. EV-ed to speed creep standard Skarmory to Taunt it before it can Defog. Sitrus Berry lets it check Excadrill better. Loss of Lefties doesn't matter much because Jellicent has reliable recovery, and many of the things it check happen to run Knock Off very frequently. Even though Scald has 74% burn rate, the 1% more that WoW has makes a difference sometimes, and Toxic has 50% accuracy so WoW is far more reliable anyway. Bisharp is handy in the case where I was unable to predict and double switch to Ttar or Jellicent against a Defogger; wins games at +2 and deals with Clefable who is a real pain. Keldeo on the other hand simply breaks stuff hard, especially with SR and Spikes up; also has good synergy with Ttar who traps stuff for Keldeo. Alakazam mainly exists for its speed, dealing with opposing weather teams, as well as cleaning up really well late game with hazards up.

Typically, lead with Skarmory unless opponent has a Sableye (then lead with Keldeo). Use SR or Taunt depending on matchup, then spam Spikes until in Custap range. If facing a hazard remover when at Custap range, suicide into them with Brave Bird to dodge the Defog/Spin. Tyranitar or Jellicent should be able to beat them or at least pressure them to switch out without removing hazards. From there, break stuff with Keldeo and Pursuit trap with Ttar when necessary. Bisharp does Bisharp stuff. Alakazam deals with anything too fast to handle, and cleans easily if it traces a good ability.
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch

Jellicent @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 208 HP / 216 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Alakazam @ Alakazite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
Team 12

This week's Ttar + Jellicent core screamed hazard stack, so that's the direction I headed in. Skarmory was my pick over other spikers cause I wanted something that could check both Mega Lopunny and Excadrill. A physically defensive spread was chosen to better check the two as well as handle other physical goons. Next, I wanted a cleaner and it was a pretty easy Excadrill. Went with Balloon SD+Spin to improve my match up to grounds, opposing Excadrill, and opposing spike stack teams while still having some breaking potential. I was looking weak to a few things here, namely Scizor (SD Knock or Offensive SD) and waters (Manaphy Rotom-W etc).

Heatran being one of the best Scizor checks in the game earned it a spot on my squad. The dream was to go Power Herb Solar Beam Tran to kill two birds (Rotom/water + Scizor) with one stone, but unfortunately beams power is halved in sand, and in practice, sand would be up most of the time. dot cri. I brainstormed a bit and it came to me: BW Sunny Day Tran. I was skeptical at first, but after testing it out, the set really put in work. Sunny Daying on the water switch lets Tran wall and severely damage it in most cases (bar maybe Keldeo, EQ Gyara, and few others). To ensure I could get up Sunny Day, especially if I'm put in a situation where I can't switch or don't want to (say, on Manaphy, Azumarill, Starmie, or Rotom-W) I slapped a Passho Berry on Tran. DPP/BW sets stay winnin'.

Here I wanted a fast mon that was resilient to water since that was still a major concern. Mega Sceptile looked nice so I went with it. One important reason why I chose Scep here was the synergy it had with its teammates, the biggest one being Heatran. Once Sceptile is M-evo'd, 99% of the time, your opponents Rotom is not clicking Volt Switch which lets Tran do it's Sunny Day thang. On top of this, outspeeding nearly everything on offense, biggest one being M-Lop, means I won't be overly reliant on Excadrill for speed. Moreover, All-out-attacker Scep, the set I chose to run, does a good job at weakening stuff for Drill in addition to giving little wiggle room to otherwise decent checks such as Raikou, Ferrothorn, and Sdef Heatran. With all the pieces put in place, it was time to seal a few holes. Gengar and Mega Zam were huge which made me run Chople Ttar + Sdef Jellicent to consistently beat the two. That should've been it except for the fact that Bisharp 6-0d me lmao. So after finding out such a disheartening fact, I dropped Earth Power for Will-O-Wisp on Heatran. This coupled with Rh Skarm should amount to counter play- no, it MUST amount to counter play. That's pretty much it.
Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Impish Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Heatran @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day

EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
Team 13

I'm not exactly sure what this is supposed to be but it seems kinda cool. I took a different approach to TTar and wanted to use its CB set because its so fun to use and its coverage just makes it ridiculously hard to switch into. Jellicent is standard Sdef and covers a bunch of stuff that annoys TTar, including Water types. I initially chose SD U-turn MegaZor on the basis that this was gonna be a hazard stacking team and being able to grab momentum easily sounded quite appealing but the way this build turned out, I didn't bother running Spikes because I couldn't fit them on, but MegaZor helps with annoying shit like Weavile and Bisharp while also functioning as the main Fairy switch in on this team. The team felt really slow and easily overwhelmed by Manaphy, so I went with Latios. Defog Latios is boring, so I chose CM instead to act as a wincon and also a Latios set that doesn't get stalled out by SpD Gliscor and is also capable of overloading Mega Sableye because its threatening too. Lando-T brings SR, a Sand check, and Zard X check, and another Ground immunity. At this point Serperior screws this team over badly, so Amoonguss was a decent fit as it also checks Electrics pretty well. idk what threatens this team, but I ironed most issues through BreakMyTeam, but Talonflame can pressure the team after TTar and Lando-T are weakened. Also nobody wanted to test with me so yeah.
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Punch

EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Recover
- Taunt

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 44 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
Team 14

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP 80 Def 180 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Iron Head
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 144 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 24 Def / 240 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect
kind of basic team built mostly around the core, but with mag easily being the most important part of the team. toxic-stall gliscor is hard-stopped by skarm/scizor much like dd alt is, and mag killing skarm/sciz lets alt/gliscor shine.

Team 1

Really like this team. Honestly Semi stalls pretty hot right now and mega latias is really underrated as a whole on more defensive teams with the metagame changing and all.

Looking through the teams and trying to analyse the threats to each team, I feel like teams 2, 5, 6 and 9 are the most well-rounded, having checks/counterplay to most things (so many teams weak to mega chomp lol - including mine tho :/ Out of those, team 2 seems to have the most reliable wincons & also looks most fun to use IMO. So my vote goes to:

Team 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)