Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

why are so many of these teams so weak to stall .-.
Because the original core isn't exactly effective vs stall, and personally, when i built my team i didn't care much to beat it at all. Does my team pretty much autolose to it? Yes. Put taunt on heatran if u really care, but if i'm not building something for the ladder or an opponent known to bring stall, I tend to not actively consider it (I may temporarily modify a team for these settings though). That doesn't mean that all my teams end up stall weak, just that on certain builds, I don't feel like sacrificing general quality to be better vs stall if the team doesn't develop naturally to combat stall pretty well (this is often affected by the starting point of a build, and also heavily influenced by the direction you choose to take on a build). I have other variants of that team which are very similar and better combat stall, but this round was for zam + zor, and i felt like such a team won't really naturally develop to combat stall well unless you dedicate slots/sets to actively deal with it better, which to me, is not worth it when it sacrifices general effectiveness. An example would be TDK's zard-x hyper offense: if you get the team from him, he will explicitly say to use taunt bisharp and roost zard if you plan to use it on the ladder. Why? Because it makes the team more effective against stall. In other settings, however, he prefers the original as it is generally more effective. In a tier like ORAS where it is practically impossible to cover everything, I think its better for a team to be good vs most things and accept being poor vs a little, rather than being middling vs most things. This is just my opinion though, so I can't speak for everyone obviously and i've noticed you tend to consider stall when you build much more than I do, but this is just my thought process behind the issue, and I welcome any counterarguments as to why I should consider stall more.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Team 3 by H.M.N.I.P has won this teambuilding round! Congratulations, will be added to the hall of fame shorty!

With that being said, lets move on to the next round to be honest.

Round 38:

+

Rather obscure, huh? Well, you wont expect anything too standard from me :D Anyways, dragalge puts inmense pressure on like every azumarill check and of course our dear beloved water bunny would take advantage of that, they could even overwhelm common checks in steel types and what not. Dragalge is cool, etc.

Round ends on thursday at 10:00 PM GMT -5 (Central time). Have fun!

MegaStarUniverse

Banned deucer.

Time to Shine (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Easter Egg Hunt (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

magical glory (Dragalge) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast

Rough Fissure (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 27 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- U-turn

Keys Open Doors (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise

Mayweather (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Bullet Seed

Azumarill and Dragalge made me think of making a offense team structured around M-Alakazam with hazard stacking. We have the core Azumarill and dragalge, Azumarill is Banded to hit hard and break though walls and put pressure on the other persons team while having good priority with aqua jet making it be able to pick off weakned mons. Dragalge supports Azumarill by putting pressure on every Azumarill check and putting toxic spikes down to wear down the other team. Then we have this cool Landorus-t set earth plate smack down which has a lots of power being able to hit ferrothorn and skarmory which this team otherwise would have trouble with. this also provides rocks for the team and has u-turn to give us momentum. Klefki is our steel type being able to put on spikes and switch into hard hitters like Latios, M-Gard, Alakazam etc and spread the yellow color. and finally breloom puts more pressure for teams, has good match up vs sand, rain and can put non-grass types to sleep and can potentially clean late game.

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 104 Def / 108 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Roost

Breloom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Focus Punch

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

With this core I decided the first thing to do was add a pursuit trapper. Mega scizor fit the bill, giving me a switchin to latis and check to faries like mega diancie and mega gardevoir. After that i added a bisharp and fat water check in breloom, as i was lacking one beforehand. I added volcanion after that as its a scald switchin, fat grass breaker, and a wisp absorber, three things my team desperately needed. Finally, i added lando to give myself a rocker, zardx check, and talonflame check. I didnt really want spd dragalge on this build but it was important as it takes a ton of pressure off of azu to handle a variety of pokemon like keldeo, volcanion, zardy, etc.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
THERE HAS BEEN AN INTERVENTION!

I actually fucked up on the voting count and there is actually a tie between Team 2 by FlamingVictini and Team 3 by H.M.N.I.P so in order to solve my mistake, and because fuck having ties, I have decided to make a groupchat in PS and vote for the team that wins a "First to 3" coinflip!

And...

H.M.N.I.P team still wins this round!

Now we can proceed with this round as expected. Really nice submissions so far :)

darn i wanted 5-time hall of fame... who coinflips for this >_>

also dragalge is dong, I built two differently styled teams for this but not happy with either except for the occasional kill dragalge can get on the offensive one. I'll edit in my submission to this post if can get one of the teams to work better.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
THERE HAS BEEN AN INTERVENTION!

I actually fucked up on the voting count and there is actually a tie between Team 2 by FlamingVictini and Team 3 by H.M.N.I.P so in order to solve my mistake, and because fuck having ties, I have decided to make a groupchat in PS and vote for the team that wins a "First to 3" coinflip!

And...

H.M.N.I.P team still wins this round!

Now we can proceed with this round as expected. Really nice submissions so far :)

Dragalge TSpikes and Scald to try some burning and Belly Drum Azumarill.
Magma Storm Heatran is a solid (75% reliable) stallbreaker, helping against Mega Venusaur, the main counter of Azumarill.
Landorus-T is the required immunity to Ground, sand chek and SRocks rules, Toxic is interesting against Rotom-W, Zapdos and other Landorus-T.
Something to help against ofense and chek Tornadus-T, Manectric great speed and volt-turn core Intimidate with Landorus-T.
Finally, something to clear the field and finish the game, Lucario can handle against Bisharp (since Intimidate core makes Bisharp a threat) and Weavile, plus the extra priority.
Yes, unfortunately switch in Volcanion is not easy, depending a lot on Dragalge, so a faster version of Landorus-T would be feasible to press offensively.

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers / Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Toxic

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

hnng

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

hnng
when your taunt talonflame counter is the x button

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Dragalge @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Scald

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Aqua Tail

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 56 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Yeah, okay, the team looks really, really strange on paper, but it actually kind of works. Somehow.
I started with Azumarill and Dragalge, since, y'know, I kind of had to. I chose Banded Azu because that's the set I'm most comfortable with, so it seemed like a good place to start. Originally I had a Toxic Spikes Dragalge, but I didn't like it. Between steel types, flying types, levitatiors, and the occasional poison type, I never really had a reason to click T-Spikes instead of going for an attack. So I went for AV Dragalge. It still hits really hard thanks to Adaptability, and it can take on crazy things like Serperior without a problem due to its increased special bulk.

Magneton traps the steel types that trouble the core, obviously. I went with Ton and not Zone because the extra speed helps me beat Talonflame, Weavile, Torn-T, and +1 Gyarados, among other things. I found this to be more valuable than Zone's slight power increase, so I stuck with it.

Aerodactyl was actually just a whim because I wanted a Flying type that could clean up weakened teams. I didn't want to use Talonflame, but I found that its ability to take slightly less rocks damage valuable, since I have no hazard removal. It also has better bulk, a higher speed tier for using non-Flying moves, and Aqua Tail, which is super important because it lets Aero 1v1 Landorus and Gliscor (but mostly Landorus).

Weavile provides Knock Off and priority spam with Azumarill. Between Weavile, Aerodactyl, and Magneton, I nearly always have a way to clean up offensive teams once Dragalge and Azumarill have punched their holes. Low Kick makes me less weak to Heatran, which is great because my steel-trapper loses to it.

I finished the team with a TankChomp because I still needed rocks. Chomp also serves as a way to further weaken offensive teams through Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin in conjunction with Dragon Tail + Rocks. There's not much else to say, it just does what Tank Chomp does best.

Last edited:

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 176 HP / 136 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

The main goal of this team is to facilitate a Mega Gyarados sweep. Azumarill and Dragalge are natural partners to it, since the former can weaken or remove Mega Gyarados' checks and the latter can use Toxic Spikes to wear out things like Keldeo, Chesnaught and Azumarill while using its Adaptability Sludge Wave to take out Clefable. Toxic Spikes particularly pairs well with SubDD, as Gyarados can use Substitute until the opponent is within KO range. Latios can use Defog to keep Stealth Rock away from Gyarados while baiting out and severely damaging Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn with HP Fire. It also has excellent defensive synergy with Gyarados. Jirachi acts as the team's revenge killer and primary Mega Gardevoir check, and can use Healing Wish to give Gyarados a second chance at a sweep. Finally, Landorus-T was added as a Stealth Rock setter and check to assorted physical threats. Yache Berry is used as this team doesn't particularly like dealing with Electric types, and this allows Landorus-T to lure out and remove them early on so Mega Gyarados has one less thing to potentially stop it.

The team is rather offensive overall. While it has a defensive backbone due to its palette of resistances, it has no recovery outside of Jirachi's Healing Wish and so you'll need to play somewhat aggressively with it. Don't be too afraid to utilise Gyarados in the early to mid-game, as you have the potential to bring it back to full health even if it's been severely weakened. Also don't try to set up Toxic Spikes too early on, as you'll want to be using Defog to keep rocks away from Gyarados if necessary.

Breezy

formerly Quaze
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Focus Blast

EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

I started to build around band azumarill and dragalge. Just because the both don't take eqs and ground type moves so well I thought to add Landorus-Theian Physical defensive with srocks and with the best item in europe,, kek. The team was still weak to Mega Scizor and to Bisharp, that's the reason because I put mega houndoom in the team. Mega Houndoom is fast, strong and he's got wow and nasty plot. Manaphy and water types in general give me lot of problem and so I thought to add specs Raikou, wich creates a volt turn core too. Raikou is fast and outspeeds Manaphy and 1HKOs him with specs tbolt and destroys bird spams . Klefki was good in general in this team. It's a good switch in to Latios, Weavile ect. etc. and paralyzes fast pikes. He also pressures the opponent team with the hazards.

I don't know how to give a title to the spoilers lol.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
Speaking of titles, time to vote for this teambuilding round!

Team 1

Time to Shine (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Easter Egg Hunt (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

magical glory (Dragalge) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast

Rough Fissure (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 27 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- U-turn

Keys Open Doors (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise

Mayweather (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
Azumarill and Dragalge made me think of making a offense team structured around M-Alakazam with hazard stacking. We have the core Azumarill and dragalge, Azumarill is Banded to hit hard and break though walls and put pressure on the other persons team while having good priority with aqua jet making it be able to pick off weakned mons. Dragalge supports Azumarill by putting pressure on every Azumarill check and putting toxic spikes down to wear down the other team. Then we have this cool Landorus-t set earth plate smack down which has a lots of power being able to hit ferrothorn and skarmory which this team otherwise would have trouble with. this also provides rocks for the team and has u-turn to give us momentum. Klefki is our steel type being able to put on spikes and switch into hard hitters like Latios, M-Gard, Alakazam etc and spread the yellow color. and finally breloom puts more pressure for teams, has good match up vs sand, rain and can put non-grass types to sleep and can potentially clean late game.

Team 2

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 104 Def / 108 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Roost

Breloom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Focus Punch

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
With this core I decided the first thing to do was add a pursuit trapper. Mega scizor fit the bill, giving me a switchin to latis and check to faries like mega diancie and mega gardevoir. After that i added a bisharp and fat water check in breloom, as i was lacking one beforehand. I added volcanion after that as its a scald switchin, fat grass breaker, and a wisp absorber, three things my team desperately needed. Finally, i added lando to give myself a rocker, zardx check, and talonflame check. I didnt really want spd dragalge on this build but it was important as it takes a ton of pressure off of azu to handle a variety of pokemon like keldeo, volcanion, zardy, etc.

Team 3

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers / Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Toxic

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch
Dragalge TSpikes and Scald to try some burning and Belly Drum Azumarill.
Magma Storm Heatran is a solid (75% reliable) stallbreaker, helping against Mega Venusaur, the main counter of Azumarill.
Landorus-T is the required immunity to Ground, sand chek and SRocks rules, Toxic is interesting against Rotom-W, Zapdos and other Landorus-T.
Something to help against ofense and chek Tornadus-T, Manectric great speed and volt-turn core Intimidate with Landorus-T.
Finally, something to clear the field and finish the game, Lucario can handle against Bisharp (since Intimidate core makes Bisharp a threat) and Weavile, plus the extra priority.
Yes, unfortunately switch in Volcanion is not easy, depending a lot on Dragalge, so a faster version of Landorus-T would be feasible to press offensively.

Team 4

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
hnng

Team 5

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Dragalge @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Scald

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Aqua Tail

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 56 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
Yeah, okay, the team looks really, really strange on paper, but it actually kind of works. Somehow.
I started with Azumarill and Dragalge, since, y'know, I kind of had to. I chose Banded Azu because that's the set I'm most comfortable with, so it seemed like a good place to start. Originally I had a Toxic Spikes Dragalge, but I didn't like it. Between steel types, flying types, levitatiors, and the occasional poison type, I never really had a reason to click T-Spikes instead of going for an attack. So I went for AV Dragalge. It still hits really hard thanks to Adaptability, and it can take on crazy things like Serperior without a problem due to its increased special bulk.

Magneton traps the steel types that trouble the core, obviously. I went with Ton and not Zone because the extra speed helps me beat Talonflame, Weavile, Torn-T, and +1 Gyarados, among other things. I found this to be more valuable than Zone's slight power increase, so I stuck with it.

Aerodactyl was actually just a whim because I wanted a Flying type that could clean up weakened teams. I didn't want to use Talonflame, but I found that its ability to take slightly less rocks damage valuable, since I have no hazard removal. It also has better bulk, a higher speed tier for using non-Flying moves, and Aqua Tail, which is super important because it lets Aero 1v1 Landorus and Gliscor (but mostly Landorus).

Weavile provides Knock Off and priority spam with Azumarill. Between Weavile, Aerodactyl, and Magneton, I nearly always have a way to clean up offensive teams once Dragalge and Azumarill have punched their holes. Low Kick makes me less weak to Heatran, which is great because my steel-trapper loses to it.

I finished the team with a TankChomp because I still needed rocks. Chomp also serves as a way to further weaken offensive teams through Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin in conjunction with Dragon Tail + Rocks. There's not much else to say, it just does what Tank Chomp does best.

Team 6

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 176 HP / 136 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
The main goal of this team is to facilitate a Mega Gyarados sweep. Azumarill and Dragalge are natural partners to it, since the former can weaken or remove Mega Gyarados' checks and the latter can use Toxic Spikes to wear out things like Keldeo, Chesnaught and Azumarill while using its Adaptability Sludge Wave to take out Clefable. Toxic Spikes particularly pairs well with SubDD, as Gyarados can use Substitute until the opponent is within KO range. Latios can use Defog to keep Stealth Rock away from Gyarados while baiting out and severely damaging Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn with HP Fire. It also has excellent defensive synergy with Gyarados. Jirachi acts as the team's revenge killer and primary Mega Gardevoir check, and can use Healing Wish to give Gyarados a second chance at a sweep. Finally, Landorus-T was added as a Stealth Rock setter and check to assorted physical threats. Yache Berry is used as this team doesn't particularly like dealing with Electric types, and this allows Landorus-T to lure out and remove them early on so Mega Gyarados has one less thing to potentially stop it.

The team is rather offensive overall. While it has a defensive backbone due to its palette of resistances, it has no recovery outside of Jirachi's Healing Wish and so you'll need to play somewhat aggressively with it. Don't be too afraid to utilise Gyarados in the early to mid-game, as you have the potential to bring it back to full health even if it's been severely weakened. Also don't try to set up Toxic Spikes too early on, as you'll want to be using Defog to keep rocks away from Gyarados if necessary.

Team 7

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Focus Blast

EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play
I started to build around band azumarill and dragalge. Just because the both don't take eqs and ground type moves so well I thought to add Landorus-Theian Physical defensive with srocks and with the best item in europe,, kek. The team was still weak to Mega Scizor and to Bisharp, that's the reason because I put mega houndoom in the team. Mega Houndoom is fast, strong and he's got wow and nasty plot. Manaphy and water types in general give me lot of problem and so I thought to add specs Raikou, wich creates a volt turn core too. Raikou is fast and outspeeds Manaphy and 1HKOs him with specs tbolt and destroys bird spams . Klefki was good in general in this team. It's a good switch in to Latios, Weavile ect. etc. and paralyzes fast pikes. He also pressures the opponent team with the hazards.

Flames. Voting ends on Sunday at 9:00 GMT -5 (Central time). May the best one win tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)