Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Scarf Heracross is a set that a stole from UU and Monotype, it is a great cleaner with good speed for a scarfer and Moxie which helps gain boosts and get kills it wouldn't have picked up before. I don't really care what playstyle it becomes, but I would prefer Bulky Offense.

I would like a balance team around Mega Latias + Keldeo I think that M-Latias is very underrated and would like to see a team around it's CM set. Keldeo is chose to help deal with the dark types and also give some wallbreaking potential.

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Reflect Type/Substitute
- Stored Power/Psyshock

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

This core was taken from the Good Cores thread because I wanted to do something with Mega Diancie and found it to be the one that stuck out to me the most, and partially because I find both of these Pokemon to be rather fun to play with.

I tried making my own team around it, but it kind of sucked (for one thing, it had no good form of speed control), so I figured I could ask here instead. My original goal was to make a bulky offense team based around these two (even though Diancie isn't the bulkiest thing around), and that's the sort of team that I'd prefer, though I'll settle for another archetype if that doesn't work out.

Apologies if this core was already taken; I did search and it didn't seem to be listed.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Scarf Heracross is a set that a stole from UU and Monotype, it is a great cleaner with good speed for a scarfer and Moxie which helps gain boosts and get kills it wouldn't have picked up before. I don't really care what playstyle it becomes, but I would prefer Bulky Offense.
hi

Absol @ Absolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off / Baton Pass
- Play Rough / Baton Pass

Talonflame
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt

Absol was always a mega I wanted to build around since the XY days, but it doesn't look easy to make work. Talonflame makes a good partner in being able to revenge kill things like Keldeo and Breloom, resists everything Absol's weak to and also be a possible recipient for a Swords Dance if BP is ran. Sets and overall can be anything if others work better, don't mind what archetype either.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

I'd like to request a balanced team around TG Manaphy + Offensive T-Spikes Dragalge. Manaphy was a Pokemon I always tried to make a team around, but mostly ended up in failure. Dragalge was also something i wanted to use as while Manaphy doesn't really need Toxic Spikes support, its nice to have to wear down special walls that can stop it from sweeping. The sets can be changed around if need be and thanks in advance.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

These two form an interesting boosting pair. At +2 Offensive Mega Scizor takes on the vast majority of stops to Talonflame drawing in a few such as Rotom-W and Heatran and dispatching them both with Bug Bite after rocks and Superpower respectively.

First post here, but I appreciate what you guys are doing! I'd like to request a balance/bulky offense team with the volt/turn pivot core of AV Eelektross and CB Scizor. The core sports decent bulk and only has 1 weakness in fire. The biggest threats to this core seem to be strong fire types such as Heatran or ZardX, and Mold Breaker Excadrill could be a potential threat to Eelektross. If it makes more sense for the team makeup Scizor's set can be changed (swap Knock Off for Pursuit perhaps?). Anyway, thanks for your time and I hope someone grabs this one.

604.gif

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain

212.gif

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Pursuit

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

(of course you can change sets)

To be honest, this is a pretty simple core. Pursuit + Keldeo is pretty nice at the moment. Keldeo deals with Ground-types and Ferrothorn, when Metagross-Mega beats Venusaur-Mega, Amoonguss and in a lesser extend Clefable. I want an Hyper Offensive team.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

These two form an interesting boosting pair. At +2 Offensive Mega Scizor takes on the vast majority of stops to Talonflame drawing in a few such as Rotom-W and Heatran and dispatching them both with Bug Bite after rocks and Superpower respectively.
P sure we have Meta + Keld on a few teams already but the metagame is ever changing so why not. Taking these cores.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snatch

Bit of an unoriginal core, honestly, but it has a bit of a twist. Haven't used AV Meta very much, even when it was very much being spammed on the ladder immediately after its "discovery". Washtom is Washtom, and is still a fine pick with Lando-Ts and Chomps littering the ladder. An interesting metric I've noticed when playing with Washtom is that I've probably used Pain Split like 25 times total in the past year, in comparison to the hundreds of times I've used any of his other moves. I've even used Double Status more than I've touched Pain Split. And then Snatch happened. Tried it out on ladder and it is goddamn hilarious. Maybe not very viable, but it is so fun to mess with M-Slowbro like this. Paired AV Meta with this so I can check Fire-, Water- and Ground-types with Washtom, while stopping a fair number of Grass-types with AV Meta.

I'm looking for something that can take advantage of Snatch, eve if it's just minimally, so maybe a TSpikes team would be pretty heat. If catering to Snatch's strengths is a wholly dumb idea, then tinker with this core as you see fit. Rain, Balance, Offense, surprise me.

Also I have like fifteen teams with Kyu-B on them and I'm sick of seeing the damn thing. If you have no choice but to use it, then go ahead, but otherwise, I'd prefer not using Kyu-B with this (although it does makes a very good partner).

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Hey man i recently build a team with this core here , you can change the scizor set as the explanation said. Hope you like and enjoy !

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Diancie @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Talonflame
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

This core was taken from the Good Cores thread because I wanted to do something with Mega Diancie and found it to be the one that stuck out to me the most, and partially because I find both of these Pokemon to be rather fun to play with.

I tried making my own team around it, but it kind of sucked (for one thing, it had no good form of speed control), so I figured I could ask here instead. My original goal was to make a bulky offense team based around these two (even though Diancie isn't the bulkiest thing around), and that's the sort of team that I'd prefer, though I'll settle for another archetype if that doesn't work out.

Apologies if this core was already taken; I did search and it didn't seem to be listed.
mio

@ Galladite
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Pretty simple core; Gliscor beats M-Sableye for Gallade, and Gallade beats Mega Venusaur for Gliscor. Change the sets if you want.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@ Galladite
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Pretty simple core; Gliscor beats M-Sableye for Gallade, and Gallade beats Mega Venusaur for Gliscor. Change the sets if you want.
why mega gallade over mega medicham aside from speed tier? Megacham's double priotity ironically makes it better vs offense, and its increase in power can blow through many non-msab stall builds that lack mew with relative ease whereas gallade doesnt have enough power to go through clefable and other physdef walls on these kinda of teams.

why mega gallade over mega medicham aside from speed tier? Megacham's double priotity ironically makes it better vs offense, and its increase in power can blow through many non-msab stall builds that lack mew with relative ease whereas gallade doesnt have enough power to go through clefable and other physdef walls on these kinda of teams.
you're right, medicham would be better. but i like gallade's design more. fite me

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Requesting Mega Metagross and Nasty Plot Thundurus.

Pretty basic offensive core - these two Pokemon go hand in hand, beating each other's checks and counters. The main idea of this core is basically to have one Pokemon or the other sweep through weakened teams. Mega Metagross deals with Unaware Clefable and Quagsire, which are hard counters to Nasty Plot Thundurus. With Grass Knot, it also lures and brings down Hippowdon, the most common Thundurus answer, while beating Mega Venusaur, who can sponge even +2 hits from Thundurus easily, Latias and Latios, who are not OHKOed by +2 HP Ice but OHKO back with Draco Meteor.

In return, Thundurus handles and can set up on a number of Pokemon which are common answers to Metagross like Skarmory and Slowbro. It also beats Mega Scizor, hits defensive Landorus-T, Garchomp and Gliscor hard with HP Ice, and breaks past Jirachi with Nasty Plot.

Core is very weak to faster attackers like Mega Manectric, Mega Lopunny, Talonflame and Choice Scarf Landorus-T as I lack priority with Bullet Punch and speed control with Thunder Wave on Metagross and Thundurus, respectively.
yes.

Could someone build a core of Choice Band Victini and Belly Drum Azumarill?

This core consists of two of the most innocent and cute looking mons in the OU metagame. But there is nothing cute about the power they have together. I picked Choice Band Victini, and usually what I do is click the V-create and take chunks out of whatever switches in. It weakens/destroys all walls that Azu have trouble with, like Ferrothorn, and clears the path for an Azumarill sweep. In return, Azu beats the ground and dragon types that wall Victini.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
I chose Zen Headbutt to deal with Mega Venusaur over Brick Break since Azu can take on T-Tar and Weavile on its own.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Thanks!

I know it's a bit of a longshot since sun is pretty close to unviable, but wondered if anyone could give this a shot.

Ninetales (M) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Safeguard
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp

Speed EVs are enough to out speed the fastest Mamoswine. Safeguard is to let CharX setup without worry of status or Venusaur to come in and go ham without worry of status. The rest is pretty standard.

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Pretty standard. Idea is to setup and tear stuff up with sun boosted Flare Blitz.

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power
- Sleep Powder

Also fairly standard. Opted for Sleep Powder over Growth since sun is limited and the idea is for Venusaur to either soften stuff up for CharX or clean up after he's done.

Overall the idea of the core is to break everything with speed/power. Immediately I know Heatran is an issue. Obvious fix is Dugtrio but I'd love to see what other ideas everyone has.

Last edited:

haha poop (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch / Ice Fang
- Earthquake

however (Diggersby) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

This is a core I could never do quite right but im really fond of the bunnymons so I dont want to give up on it. It's a quite simple offensive core, Diggersby dismantles things like Ferrothorn and M-Scizor with a well delivered Fire Punch and the sash means it can survive one hit in order to properly do so. Adamant I feel is better simply for the power it brings against things and its sort of made up for by QA as well as being its saving grace against offense. LO or Sash, I dont mind. LO means you OHKO the standard defensive M-Zor/Thorn from full w/Fire Punch though. Both can run ice moves for the swarming 4x weak mons that trouble this core but its hard to fit onto any one of the two, I think. Gyara could make it work, if you'd like, use it over any of his overages. It's also good against Breloom. Thanks for considering.

also this might not be a very laughable nitpick but im not a big fan of using Ferro for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Gonna rework my request from earlier, this time I'm just gonna request a balance build around a popular choice in recent SPL Matches, Boltbeam Mega Latias

Code:
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Ice Beam
It's versatile, can check a lot of common offensive mons, just needs support against dark and fairy types. The spread isn't super important as long as it outpaces what it needs to. It has decent coverage and t-waves switch-ins and speedy mons.
Gonna take this one.

This will be my first team. Hope i can provide you guys with the most fun teams ever.

Edit: gonna take also this one

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

I'd like to request a balanced team around TG Manaphy + Offensive T-Spikes Dragalge. Manaphy was a Pokemon I always tried to make a team around, but mostly ended up in failure. Dragalge was also something i wanted to use as while Manaphy doesn't really need Toxic Spikes support, its nice to have to wear down special walls that can stop it from sweeping. The sets can be changed around if need be and thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Here's an Offensive core I thought about trying but haven't gotten around to:

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat / Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-Turn

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magacian
Evs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Psychic

MMane and Lando-T has always been a favorite core of mine. They have nice synergy and also provide dual intimidate core and also the infamous VoltTurn core. Seeing how Hoopa has a hard time coming in safely, MMane and Lando makes that a lot easier bc of VoltTurn. I went w Psychic on Hoopa bc Mega Venu gives MMane and Lando both a hard time and it also 2hko's mixed Hippo. The sets can be changed if needed and thanks beforehand.

Maloka-

Core: M-Venusaur + Hydreigon

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 160 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 176 HP / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Taunt / Thunder Wave

Keldeo-Resolute @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 104 HP / 152 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Mild Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 92 Def / 28 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Defog
The one where you mentioned you can't do anything to Char-Y but can opt to paralyze with this set.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 80 SpD / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
So yeah not a whole lot to say. I liked Thunder Wave over Taunt personally on Hydreigon for this team but feel free to choose what you like. Taunt is useful for the stuff you mentioned in your post though, like stopping Mega-Bro from Calm Minding up and winning. I threw a Life Orb on Hydreigon though, hits like a chump without it doesnt really have the cleaning capabilities on a team like this. Shuca Rocks Jirachi for rocks, alleviate pressure from M-Gard, M-Metagross, Latis, a handful of things. Thunderbolt helps with some fatter waters mostly such as Slowbro. Just a bulky M-Venusaur spread with some offense and enough speed to outpace your standard Rotom-W so it can't volt switch out freely. Thanks to TDK for Lando-T spread. Just a bulkier version of the double dance set basically. This version has Yache Berry to halve ice moves against it like Weaviles Ice Shard but you're free to try other options such as Lum Berry, Earth Plate, and Leftovers. Resttalk Keld, the rocky helm variant which I think BKC started from what I heard and then some people started using it, but w/e it's there. Double Lure Latios to help remove Heatran for M-Venusaur and HP Fire for M-Zor, Ferro, Skarmory. Teams a bit Char-Y weak. Enjoy.
Hey, sorry for the super-late answer, I just tested the team and gotta say it's amazing, I feel so comfortable with it. Better late than never.

Anyway, I wanted to make a second request if possible.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Zapdos @ Leftoves
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt/ Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic/ Heat Wave

Basically, Zard-X does Zard X things and Zapdos can defog hazards that hurt Zard X, also being able to check Mega-Pinsir and Azumarill. Toxic is there to cripple common Zard switchins such as Slowbro, Landorus, Hippowdon, etc. making it easier for Zard to setup and win.

Feel free to make any approach you want, either Offense, Balance, Stall or whatever. Also feel free to change the sets. Thanks in advance once again.

Reactions: AM

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here's an Offensive core I thought about trying but haven't gotten around to:

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat / Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-Turn

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magacian
Evs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Psychic

MMane and Lando-T has always been a favorite core of mine. They have nice synergy and also provide dual intimidate core and also the infamous VoltTurn core. Seeing how Hoopa has a hard time coming in safely, MMane and Lando makes that a lot easier bc of VoltTurn. I went w Psychic on Hoopa bc Mega Venu gives MMane and Lando both a hard time and it also 2hko's mixed Hippo. The sets can be changed if needed and thanks beforehand.
i'll take this. i may or may not end up changing some sets around but we'll see how it goes.

e: i'm assuming i can since i'm a past builder

Reactions: AM
Core: M-Lopunny + Heracross

Lopunny (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Heracross (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Facade
- Swords Dance

This is a core I've been trying to build a good team around for a while. It is essentially a fighting spam core with Guts SD Heracross being a very powerful wall breaker (KO's CM Clef and Mixed Hippowdon after a SD for example), and Lopunny being able to clean up and fare much better against offense.

I wanted to build around fighting spam because a) Lopunny is great in this offensive metagame and b) dark types are very prevalent.

Ice Punch is Lopunny's last move as Landorus-T and Garchomp are very popular, however Heracross can still weaken them to the point where they can no longer check Lopunny, so another move such as Power-Up Punch or Healing Wish fits well here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)