Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v4 (CLOSE)

Quagsire + Gyarados

Quagsire @ Binding Band
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Infestation
- Recover
- Stockpile
- Protect

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 216 HP / 184 Def / 52 SpD / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder Wave
- Roar

Seems like a strange core, but with proper entry hazards and slow-bulky hitters this combo has worked really well for teams I've made. The trouble is I don't know how to fully utilize the other four slots on my team including my mega evolution. The idea is to paralyze as many of my opponent's Pokemon as possible. Quagsire is a personal favorite that is easy to setup with stockpile, infestation, etc. Residual damage on this team is key. The more damage roar can inflict and assist Quagsire with, the better. I'm open to changing these two to different Pokemon if they play a similar style.

In a nutshell, paralyze the foe, residual damage, and slower big hitters with good defense. I'm open to weather inducers like sandstream if the team builder feels that extra damage is important. Kinda a unique core, but I think we can work with it! If this is too far out there, I can find something more mainstream to work with. Please let me know!

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Tornadus-Therian has always been one of my favorite Pokemon in OU. Particularly the Assault Vest set. The added bulk in tandem with Regenerator is just insanely good. I've been playing around with it for a while now, but I can't seem to get it to fit on a team that I am happy with. I chose to run Heat Wave over Focus Blast or Superpower on this set for two reasons. First, I feel as though the Fighting coverage option is too predictable, and second, I really like being able to smack Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Scizor for even more damage. What I'm looking for is a bulky/balanced offense team with a setup wincon. I'd prefer bulky offense to hyper offense just because I prefer having safe switches to sacking things. I tend to lack creativity when it comes to teambuilding, so I really appreciate this. Thank you very much!

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Tornadus-Therian has always been one of my favorite Pokemon in OU. Particularly the Assault Vest set. The added bulk in tandem with Regenerator is just insanely good. I've been playing around with it for a while now, but I can't seem to get it to fit on a team that I am happy with. I chose to run Heat Wave over Focus Blast or Superpower on this set for two reasons. First, I feel as though the Fighting coverage option is too predictable, and second, I really like being able to smack Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Scizor for even more damage. What I'm looking for is a bulky/balanced offense team with a setup wincon. I'd prefer bulky offense to hyper offense just because I prefer having safe switches to sacking things. I tend to lack creativity when it comes to teambuilding, so I really appreciate this. Thank you very much!
mine

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

I've wanted to use volcanion for quite some time, mainly due to super scald so it just hits hard when equipped with specs. Wearing stuff down and denting a mon severely. Fire blast as stab and breaks past bulky grasses like tang, ferro, m venu. Hidden power grass for bulky waters like gastro and seismitoad who would otherwise be v problematic for it. T tar is there to fuck over m latias by trapping it and such. Jellicent too. A cool wallbreaking core that i've been hearing about and looks pretty fun to build around.

Thanks in advance and have fun builders!
k

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Dr Ciel
Core:

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Reflect Type
- Recover

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 140 HP / 116 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw

I had never used Reflect Type Mega Latias before and I really liked using it, it really screws with a lot of the mons that normally check lati like bisharp, ferrothorn, ttar and many more. I ended up going with max speed because speed tying with other base 110's is better then the extra bulk imo. I added bandtar next because its really really good atm and it matches nicely with lati since lati checks some of the faster mons that force it out and ttar crushes some of the bulkier things lati cant beat, the speed is to outrun minimum speed Mandibuzz with the rest of the evs put into hp. Speedy Heatran is nice for checking stuff like bisharp and clefable, magma storm is great for weakening things like keld who normally switch into both tran and ttar making ttars job of breaking stuff that much easier, i went with wisp over toxic because burning bisharp is nice since the team can struggle against sd bisharp, the evs just give it some bulk while still hitting decently hard with tran. SD Defensive lando is the rocker, its nice at checking things like lop and terrak while also not being setup bait for stuff like cm clef and sd sciz since you can just sd up and scare them out, ev spread is standard lefties is an option over helmet but ive always been a fan of helmet. Zapdos is on the team to check pinsir and give defog support since hazards are lame :[ the evs allow zap to ohko full health pinsir with thunderbolt with enough speed to outspeed ada bisharp. And finally scarf kyub rounds out the team giving the team a solid late game cleaner once ttar is done wrecking havoc its also a decent revenge killer since outrage hits like a truck. I like the team i could have went with a much more boring approach to it and just build a super standard mega lati team but i decided to build something a bit different then what i would normally build i hope you like it :D.

Sorry I have no visuals, I'm on my phone.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

I'd like to have a team built around MBee and Magnezone. I haven't seen a recent MBee team in a while and I'm itching to use it. MBee is known for fast and slightly strong U-Turns. It can't do anything against Steels so Magnezone would be a natural fit to take most of them down. Knock Off on MBee is there to remove potential Shed Shells and other items so that's cool. Magnezone can be any set; the Scarf one is just a placeholder but it can go Specs, Balloon or even Scarf Magneton for Talonflame. Not much to say with this one aside from the fact it's a good Volturn core.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 132 Atk / 156 SpA / 220 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

These two provide fairly decent type coverage and boast the ability to wear down each others' checks and counters. Sadly, this core does fail hard against a few threats, such as Mamoswine, but I think it's pretty cool. Be sure to give it a try if interested.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
View attachment 60868
Jirachi @ Expert Belt
EVs: 132 Atk / 156 SpA / 220 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire

View attachment 60869

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

These two provide fairly decent type coverage and boast the ability to wear down each others' checks and counters. Sadly, this core does fail hard against a few threats, such as Mamoswine, but I think it's pretty cool. Be sure to give it a try if interested.
taking

I'd like to request a balance/bulky offense team based on kyurem-black, specifically the recent specs variant:

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Fire / Focus Blast

I tried this set and it was a lot of fun. Going all special it's not a bad idea as kyurem-b has a good special movepool. The perks of this set are some notable KOs that it gets over the more conventional LO set. Clef is 2HKOed, t-tar is OHKOed by focus blast, if HP fire is run then scizor is OHKOed on the switchin. Water types that try to take ice beam are destroyed by draco meteor, for instance slowbro is cleanly OHKOed. I'm posting a 1 pokemon "core" simply because ice typing+relatively slow speed by the standard of the meta leaves it vulnerable to threats like low kick weavile, mega metagross, latis, keldeo, medicham, mega gardevoir, scizor, etc... and there are many combinations of pokemon to choose from to cover the threats listed above.

It needs support in the form of a well-built defensive backbone, hazard removal and speedy mons that can check offensive builds; hope someone will take my request.

bludz

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to request a balance/bulky offense team based on kyurem-black, specifically the recent specs variant:

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Fire / Focus Blast

I tried this set and it was a lot of fun. Going all special it's not a bad idea as kyurem-b has a good special movepool. The perks of this set are some notable KOs that it gets over the more conventional LO set. Clef is 2HKOed, t-tar is OHKOed by focus blast, if HP fire is run then scizor is OHKOed on the switchin. Water types that try to take ice beam are destroyed by draco meteor, for instance slowbro is cleanly OHKOed. I'm posting a 1 pokemon "core" simply because ice typing+relatively slow speed by the standard of the meta leaves it vulnerable to threats like low kick weavile, mega metagross, latis, keldeo, medicham, mega gardevoir, scizor, etc... and there are many combinations of pokemon to choose from to cover the threats listed above.

It needs support in the form of a well-built defensive backbone, hazard removal and speedy mons that can check offensive builds; hope someone will take my request.
taking this too

Hi, this is a core that I feel can work in the current metagame but for some reason I can't seem to get the build right. Would like a BO team based around these two Pokemon.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute / Taunt

Breloom @ Lansat Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift

Mega Gyarados is countered by Grass-types such as Amoonguss and Tangrowth so I used a SD Breloom with Natural Gift to lure and OHKO these Pokemon. Breloom also helps to check Rotom-W and Azumarill which are very annoying for Mega Gyarados. In return, Mega Gyarados can beat up bulky Psychics such as Mew and Celebi which can neuter Breloom. It can also clean up faster Pokemon like Mega Metagross, Latios and Gengar if it gets to +1.

bludz

Core:

Camilas

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Wave

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 24 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Smack Down

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 104 Def / 92 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Superpower

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off

This is a really nice core since Volcanion obliterates steel types which would check Ttar and Ttar literally takes a bite out of any special walls that would check Volcanion. Added bonus of slaying Latis and Slowbro, of course. Personally I believe that ScarfTar is generally an easier partner to fit with Volcanion since the supplemental speed helps with checking things such as Gengar, Mega Diancie and Raikou a lot better, plus you can KO Latis/Starmie without having to eat a hit first. That said, working with the dual wallbreaker core given meant that I didn't really have to worry about too many defensive threats since I already had ways to break most of them. BTW this Tar's spread lets it outspeed basically any relevant speed creep Skarmory should be running without sacrificing too much bulk, but you can put your spread back if you want. And yeah Timid Volcanion because F Breloom

First off I knew I wanted hazard removal and something relatively fast. I'm using Latias because it takes on Volcanion and Keldeo better than Latios, plus I don't really need the wallbreaking power given what I'm working with. Recover Latias helps with electrics - which Tyranitar can check but switching into Volt Switch isn't helping anything - and Serperior while also hilariously countering AV Torn-T (a common switchin) when Stealth Rock is off the field. Next up knew I needed a "true" ground immunity and so our bread n butter slice of pie in this teamslot is Landorus-T. SpD EVs ensure living Latios Draco from full and the rest is your standard bulky stuff. Given that Talonflame is already checked by Ttar and SpD ones by Volcanion, I felt like Lando-T didn't need to be a solid bird counter. U-turn is your typical momentum grabbing move that helps get these monstrous wallbreakers free switch-ins. I opted for Smack Down since it lures Rotom-Wash which is a pain and also can pressure Skarmory without having to switch into Volcanion.

At this point the team was essentially 4-0'd by Weavile and Mega Diancie so Mega Scizor was the logical next building point. I've noticed on my other Ttar + Volc builds that Mega Zor has popped up since it supports them very well, especially since it can clean up after the mess they make. Superpower is the coverage move to deal with Bisharp and breaks Ferrothorn along with other Steel-types. For the last slot I wanted a reliable way to KO bulky waters (pls) outside of pressuring them with Volcanion and Tyranitar. Thundurus fit the bill and adds some speed to the team. It also checks Torn-T and gives T-Wave support to let the slow wallbreakers do their thing. I have Knock Off in the last slot right now since it lets you lure Lati for Volc, which is a little crucial when Tyranitar is slower and can't take repeated hits.

Scizor is the crux against a lot of offensive threats like Diancie, Gardevoir, and Weavile especially. Keep it healthy at all costs if the opponent has Weavile, or you will be destroyed, lol. So yeah team's weak to Magnezone stuff, bulky waters and some other strong breakers. Offensive Grass-types like Serperior and Breloom can be a little difficult to deal with so be careful. And yeah it goes without saying that despite 3 ground immunities, Lando-T and Scizor are the only reliable counterplay to Excadrill and Scarf Ground-types. Trap Manectric/Raikou with Ttar, this is imperative to not just get Volt-Turned all over.

I could probably stand to do a little more play testing but I did a decent amount and enjoyed playing with this team. One thing I didn't end up trying out which I think may actually be better than Smack Down is Toxic on Lando-T for bulky Water switchins to alleviate that issue. Grass Knot on Thund can help with Gastrodon as well with maybe moving Knock Off to Lando-T.

Hope you enjoy!

BTW in case you were curious my ScarfTar variant of this team has Tbolt Latios > Latias and LO Torn > Thund, with SD on Lando. Had some variant with Clefable too courtesy of BlazeLatias but then you get into having to run Mixed Volc to actually break stall and I'm not really a fan of that set to be honest. Still, Blaze deserves credit for inspiring some of my builds with this core since his original one had a strong team composition

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
gogogogoatrangers

Core:

Team:

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake
- Bulk Up
- Substitute

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

EVs: 232 HP / 96 Def / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Fist Plate
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
I'm a unique individual so unlike the commoners going "gogoat isn't viable" I said to myself "wow this is one absolute booty mon you got here bro, let me make it work somehow because no one is gonna take this". After an epic battle with esteemed team rater and tutor Analytic with waves of emotions to boot I figured this would be okay consider how awful gogoat is. I think going substitute over milk drink is better because it lets you do things like set up on Serperior, block status, provide yourself a win-con of sorts granted an absolute terrible one, and with the prevalence of choice mons like TTar roaming about it shouldn't be too hard to pull off. SpDef walls seemed really annoying here so Band Kyurem-B gave myself a wall-breaker that wasn't too weak to certain electrics. I went defensive Lando-T with enough speed for Timid Volcanion, I did want to use offensive but going defensive SD helps a bit with M-Scizor. CM Fist Plate Keldeo as a wall-breaker and another set up mon to cushion up fat teams a bit more consistently. AV Metagross as the pursuit mon and Steel to check things like Clef, pursuit trap Latios, Fairy switch in for the team basically. Rotom-W is annoying if you let it in for free but it comes back to using Sub on Gogoat and pressuring it with a combination of Kyurem-B and Keldeo. If Talonflame becomes annoying Coba Berry Keldeo is an option as well. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Hi! I'd like a team built around M-Zard-X and Lando-T.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 112 HP / 236 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 32 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Here's an alternate spread if you want another SR user and a more offensively inclined Lando-T
Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry / Soft Sand / Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 92 Def / 28 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Charizard's spread allows it to avoid the 2HKO from Rotom-W most of the time and setup on it while still having enough speed to outspeed Adamant Excadrill, while Landorus-T spread allows him to avoid the 2HKO from Adamant M-Zard-X, take on Excadrill and has enough speed to outspeed Adamant Base 70's.

I don't really mind the build, whether it's stall, offense or balance, but if it were mandatory, I'd prefer a balance team if possible. Thanks in advance!

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Thundurus @ Leftovers/ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunder Wave/ Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

This core is built around M-Medicham and its massive power. Clefable, Mew gives Heatran free switch-in while Thundurus use Slowbro as set up fodder, all of whom counter M-Cham. Moreover, Heatran (lure Chansey and beat M-Sab) and Thundurus (lure Shedninja) help break common stall builds (M-Sab and Wonder Trio) while M-Cham destroy balance teams.
Thunder Wave on Thundy is used for speed control and as emergency stop to set up sweeper. HP Flying wrecks M-Lop, M-Cross, M-Cham while does good damage to whomever resists Tbolt. Heatran run max speed to checks Offensive M-Scizor who otherwise brings alot of trouble.
If you want an m-cham team with one of these as a partner that sounds fine for me but I really don't want to be using both of these alongside M-Cham and will change sets >.>

I like to request this core. :]
+

I think this core can work out really well.First of all, Volcanion can beat steel types such as Ferrothorn, Scizor, etc. Volcanion can also beat ground types that Diancie may have trouble with unless the ground type is faster than Volcanion. Also Volcanion can sponge any water type moves that Diancie doesn't like to take. Diancie can beat dragons types such as Latios, Latias, Garchomp etc that Volcanion may have hard time beating. Diancie can do a lot of damage to bulky water types such as Slowbro, Slowking, etc, so they don't start setting up calm minds vs Volcanion. Also Diancie maybe can help out by not letting spikes or rocks get up on the field so Volcanion won't have to take damage when it comes in.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Sludge Wave

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Earth Power
- Protect

Free feel to change any sets/evs spread if need be.

core:

requested by ericaroselia

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Endure
honestly, i didn't really like this core all that much. i really wanted to utilize a bulky u-turner / volt switcher to take advantage of terrakion (and clefable to an extent), but each one would either add on more stacked weaknesses or just plain not bring much to the table, meaning that the remaining 3 mons had to be mega scizor + latios + bulky ground :x. these teams were honestly really slow & boring, and while the current iteration of this team doesn't have any special sets (or a bulky volt turner), this is the version i found the most enjoyable to use, regardless of some weaknesses. anyways, the main thing i didn't like about this core was clef. while clef definitely helps with some of the stuff terrak doesn't like, i found myself wanting to use a different fairy type here. as i said before, the bulky offensive variants of this team turned out really slow, and that was in part due to clef. the more hyper offensive variants of this team (like this one) have clef sticking out like a sore thumb lol...

i started with manectric as an offensive pivot and check to talon, torn-t, and bulky waters. then i added latios to help with speedy electrics, mega venusaur, keldeo, volcanion, etc.. i went with CM because the team needs an offensive wincon. next i chose scarf jirachi as a general offensive steel glue for things like lati, tornadus-t, weavile, and fairies. healing wish support is also really nice. finally, i went with tankchomp because SR was a must, i needed an actual good talon answer, and it helps with opposing offensive grounds, bisharp, etc.. endure is needed here to check zard-x lol :3c.

this team doesn't really like azumarill and rain, but it's offense you gotta play around those. the big issue with this team is how clef is pretty slow and saps momentum & the zard-x weakness. all those boring versions of the team had answers to zard-x, but with this variant, your answer is clicking endure with tankchomp and whittling it down rofl. if you don't like this, then you can go with spdef rocks jirachi & scarf garchomp. this might catch your opponent off guard a bit more :D.

so yeah, other than the zard-x weakness, this is a fun team. hope you enjoy :3c

If you want an m-cham team with one of these as a partner that sounds fine for me but I really don't want to be using both of these alongside M-Cham and will change sets >.>
OK. Can you make a M-Cham team with Heatran then? Change the set to whatever suit you. Thank you :)

p2

Banned deucer.
sorry CrystalRam but i will be dropping mega amph because this mon is absolutely god awful and i can't make it work. overall the builds it ends up on are usually very inconsistent and just really passive too. meanwhile theres almost no reason to use this mon over mega latias which just brings more utility to the table.

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge / Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

With all of the Volcanion hype going around, I firmly believe that M-Ampharos is one of the better checks to Volcanion, with its ability to stomach its STAB's and heal off status while threatening it with its strong STAB moves, even uninvested. I would like a balance build built around M-Ampharos; the set is pretty standard, I personally prefer Discharge for its Paralysis chance and I'm not all too big a fan of being forced out against stuff that you threaten, such as Volcanion, if you ue Volt Switch, although I have absolutely no problem if you find that you prefer Volt Switch on the team. But yeah, just a strong balance team that fares well in the meta right now, I personally thought Gastrodon would be a good partner for it, but hey it's up to the builders to figure out what you guys think works best, thanks!
since p2 dropped this, i'll take it. odds are i'm gonna switch up th set, though.

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey no worries p2 , I was having similar issues, as I have been using the mon for a while but my builds are also very inconsistent with this mon specifically lol, and thank you starry blanket for taking over, I have no problems with whatever you change the set to, good luck!

Last edited:

AM

LCPL Champion
[11:08] paper dreams: is this gonna be a
[11:08] paper dreams: red team
[11:08] #AM: oh my
[11:08] paper dreams: 3 red pkmn
[11:08] #AM: that sounds like a sick concept
[11:08] #AM: I got m-cham + heatran
[11:08] #AM: then latias
[11:08] paper dreams: red
[11:09] #AM: !ds red, pursuit
Accelgor, Ariados, Bisharp, Deoxys, Druddigon, Heatmor, Krookodile, Paras, Parasect, Pawniard, Scizor, Scolipede, Shelmet, Venipede, Yanma
[11:09] @pmma is bad: shiny gyarados:}
[11:09] #AM: aaaaah bisharp
[11:09] paper dreams: aaaaa
[11:09] @pmma is bad: holy shit
[11:09] @pmma is bad: pursuit
[11:09] @pmma is bad: parasect
[11:09] #AM: lool
[11:09] paper dreams: krookodile
[11:09] paper dreams: krookodile has a cash sprite
[11:09] @pmma is bad: cant even run
[11:09] @pmma is bad: scarf spore
[11:09] #AM: I could also make the team blue
[11:09] @pmma is bad: or any of that nonsense
[11:09] #AM: with shiny medicham and shiny bisharp
[11:09] paper dreams: that too
[11:09] @pmma is bad: just like mob barley
[11:09] #AM: but he wants heatran
[11:09] #AM: so maybe
[11:09] #AM: I'll be nice
[11:09] #AM: and just give him
[11:09] #AM: a blue team
[11:09] #AM: and red team
[11:10] paper dreams: loool
[11:10] #AM: I'm gonna do that actually

Requested by: lbq

Red Core:

Red Team:
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fake Out

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Defog

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Volcanion @ Charti Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
Blue Core:

Blue Team:
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fake Out

Thundurus @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 HP / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
Jokes aside I think exploring certain concepts, in this case colors, is always cool and helps develop your teambuilding outside of the systematic this core works well with this and that etc. For example the blue offenses are famous for being weak to M-Sableye stalls or stall in general. I guess you can say the red concepts I find are a bit weak to M-Diancie. I didn't like Thundurus, Heatran, and M-Cham together on one team as I think it restricts diversity and options to an extreme amount where it wouldn't give me freedom to focus on different concepts I could think work.

Red Team: What I focused on here was trying to not be too weak to M-Diancie while giving the team an end game in either M-Cham punching holes or Bisharp sweeping. A lot of people find Latias really bad due to its general inferiority to Latios but I figured it would be easier to lure its normal switch ins easier to help the team out such as Surf for Heatran, Tbolt is for Waters like Manaphy and Keldeo. I went Sludge Wave on Volcanion so that I can focus on getting a better poison out of toxic than the regular poison associated with Sludge Bomb. Twave Rotom-W gives the team some speed control since it's a bit slow. Lum Bish I think is the best Bish set to be using and helps you set up and handle a ton of things like Clefable, not autolose to Scald burns, etc. This team is weak to Scarf Excadrill, so if the weakness becomes troublesome you can opt for Shuca on Volcanion but Charti eases some prediction games with TTar and makes the team really M-Diancie weak.

Blue Team: Just stupid brainless offense that exemplifies this generations lack of patience and necessity to end games in less than 20 turns. Idk what there is to really say other than it's electric weak and it's more of a go go go philosophy as if these teams exhibit any sort of critical thinking in the first place lol. Band Azu is for sand and general wall-breaking. Lum SD Chomp for the offensive set to apply pressure early game I think Psychic Starmie works better to hurt stuff like Rotom-W and Amoonguss more easily. Same Bisharp set same purpose. I think NP Thundurus has more potential here but you're free to try the mixed set with TBolt, HP Ice, Knock Off, Twave or w/e set you feel more comfortable with.

I decided to use the same boltbeam M-Cham set to make your Medicham less weak to Slowbro. Seems lame to have it autowalled by those when the targets of Zen are always perfectly manageable or in the case of M-Venusaur just suck in the metagame now. It's also one of my favorite sets :) Anyways enjoy and feel free to change w/e.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'd like to request a team based on this core:

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off / U-Turn / Bug Bite / etc. (I can't decide)

I love the bulky MScizor build, its general lack of type weakness, and its ability to wall things like Azumarill. I love its priority attack and reliable recovery. Just a really solid Pokemon.

Talonflame @ Liechi Berry OR Apicot Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn / Roost / Swords Dance (can't decide)
- Natural Gift (Grass or Ground, can't decide)

I moved some EVs from Speed to HP, which gives it some bulk at the cost of a speed tie with other Talons. Obviously, given MScizor as well, I'll need a Fire check. I just really love the idea of Natural Gift + Acrobatics, so that's one thing I would really love to not have changed.

I would like this to be an offensively-focused team. Also! If you're picking between a few good choices but don't know for sure what to pick, note that I really dislike the following Pokes: Heatran, Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, Rotom-W. I know those are all good common Pokemon and if they are the best fit for the team then 100% go for it. Just figured it couldn't hurt to be a little specific.

I would like to request a team that works around Mega Heracross.
Strong stallbreaker, decente coverage and isnane power.
I like Substitute because gives more security to hit. Also, Adamant nature allows 2HKO in standart Clefable with Rock Blast and safe 2HKO Skarmory after Rocks.
Mamoswine excellent offensive STAB, hit Landorus-T and other Flying type in super effective, becoming interesting against Pokémon with Intimidate (Landorus-T, Mega Manectric, Gyarados), helping Mega Heracross.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freezy-Dry

gogogogoatrangers

Core:

Team:

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake
- Bulk Up
- Substitute

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

EVs: 232 HP / 96 Def / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Fist Plate
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
I'm a unique individual so unlike the commoners going "gogoat isn't viable" I said to myself "wow this is one absolute booty mon you got here bro, let me make it work somehow because no one is gonna take this". After an epic battle with esteemed team rater and tutor Analytic with waves of emotions to boot I figured this would be okay consider how awful gogoat is. I think going substitute over milk drink is better because it lets you do things like set up on Serperior, block status, provide yourself a win-con of sorts granted an absolute terrible one, and with the prevalence of choice mons like TTar roaming about it shouldn't be too hard to pull off. SpDef walls seemed really annoying here so Band Kyurem-B gave myself a wall-breaker that wasn't too weak to certain electrics. I went defensive Lando-T with enough speed for Timid Volcanion, I did want to use offensive but going defensive SD helps a bit with M-Scizor. CM Fist Plate Keldeo as a wall-breaker and another set up mon to cushion up fat teams a bit more consistently. AV Metagross as the pursuit mon and Steel to check things like Clef, pursuit trap Latios, Fairy switch in for the team basically. Rotom-W is annoying if you let it in for free but it comes back to using Sub on Gogoat and pressuring it with a combination of Kyurem-B and Keldeo. If Talonflame becomes annoying Coba Berry Keldeo is an option as well. Enjoy.
Lol thanks! I know Gogoat isn't the best pkmn but I thought it would be hilarious to build a team around him, and I'm glad someone actually took it. How do you find baby goats crying as entertainment tho ;-;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)