Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v4 (CLOSE)

ProfessorMasterChief

Core: Meta + Hydra

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Taunt

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Hammer Arm

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 216 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Azumarill @ Assault Vest / Lum Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Iron Tail
Alright, so to get started I immediately noted that this team would be tricker to build compared to Hydreigon + Jirachi, which is a similar core but I think overall slightly better since bulky rachi doesn't mind twave clefable as much, and it provides a really solid pivot with rocks and doesn't take up the mega slot, which makes the rest of the building easier. I knew that considering this, I would want to focus on the assets of mmeta -- namely its very powerful offensive presence -- to the fullest. I decided on Rotom-W as its defensive synergy is great and its wonderful as a pivot for hydra and meta to start breaking. I chose chomp as my rocker to make my team more solid against strong physical sweepers like sciz and bish, and it also helps with stuff like lopunny which can be tough to take on. Azu fit in nicely to help me out against dragons, sab, weavile, and also provide a better keldeo answer than rotom. Torn adds some speed and builds upon the breaking potential of hydra and metagross; especially with knock off and superpower, it can really work well with hydra to break stall. I would definitely consider u-turn on it though as rotom often comes in on torn and hydra loves to use rotom to fire off a strong attack. I chose TPunch on Metagross over zen as I didn't think it would be missed too much, and hitting waters, most notably slowbro, is very valuable when breaking some teams. Definitely feel free to toy with some sets though. I'm using Iron Tail on azu so it can pressure clefable a lot, as meta doesn't want to come in on a t-wave, although taunting it with hydra can help with that as well.

Thanks a lot bro. The team looks really cool, can't wait to play around with it.

Yo! It's been a while. I'd like to request a team around MDiancie. Specifically, the Sharpen variant. (Shout-out to this guy named HailFall since he helped me find the set.)

Tina (Diancie) @ Diancite
EVs: 192 Atk / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sharpen
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Fire]

Sharpen MDiancie acts as a good lure to most of its checks, namely Clefable, Chansey and most Skarmory variants (as HF said, the spread has a good chance of 1v1-ing a Skarm at +1 after SR damage as long as it doesn't have Iron Head). That's pretty much it, really. I'm interested to take this specific variant for a spin. The choice of Earth Power or HP Fire is up to the builder; HP Fire nails Ferrothorn and Scizor while EP hits Heatran. I'd like an offense team for this since the set fits well in offense. If balance or BO needs to be considered then that's fine too.

boxofkangaroos and ericaroselia

Core: Hawlucha
Team Preview:

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Poison Jab

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock / Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Alright, so I picked Hawlucha and it was really fun to build with it. Well it is pretty frail but it has its niche so I decided to give it a shot. First of all I am using a solid defensive volt-turn core to get Hawlucha or Weavile in for free. Landorus-T is used for Stealth Rocks and dealing passive damage to physical attackers like Mega Lopunny, Excadrill or for example Scarfers with U-Turn. Rotom-W is my second ground resist! It deals with birds and especially Talonflame. It works as a soft water check and another Excadrill switch-in. Rotom-W is pretty useful in combination with Lando-T, because they have a great synergy. Both Pokemons deal with Pokemons that are nightmares for Hawlucha. That core has issues with Keldeo and Hazards in my eyes, thats why I picked Latias as my next pokemon. It is used as my solid answer for Keldeo and as my hazard control. You can decide if you want to run Psyshock or Healing Wish on your Latias. Hidden Power Fire is used for Mega Scizor because the team seems a little bit weak to it. Weavile is the second hard hitter and is used for punching holes in the opposing team. Weavile brings a lot of speed in the team, which is pretty important, since the team in general is pretty slow. The team in general is weak to fairies especially Clefable. Thats why I decided to go for Mega Scizor. First I tried Mega Metagross, but Mega Scizor gives you another defensive backbone. It helps with Mega Lopunny and a little bit with Bisharp. But the most important aspect is that it doesn't care if it gets TW'd by Clefable. For your information, the spreads are the standard PS spreads, so you can always optimate them in your favor. Personally I enjoyed using this team, I hope it works out for you, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
boxofkangaroos

Core: Hawlucha
Team Preview:

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Poison Jab

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock / Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Alright, so I picked Hawlucha and it was really fun to build with it. Well it is pretty frail but it has its niche so I decided to give it a shot. First of all I am using a solid defensive volt-turn core to get Hawlucha or Weavile in for free. Landorus-T is used for Stealth Rocks and dealing passive damage to physical attackers like Mega Lopunny, Excadrill or for example Scarfers with U-Turn. Rotom-W is my second ground resist! It deals with birds and especially Talonflame. It works as a soft water check and another Excadrill switch-in. Rotom-W is pretty useful in combination with Lando-T, because they have a great synergy. Both Pokemons deal with Pokemons that are nightmares for Hawlucha. That core has issues with Keldeo and Hazards in my eyes, thats why I picked Latias as my next pokemon. It is used as my solid answer for Keldeo and as my hazard control. You can decide if you want to run Psyshock or Healing Wish on your Latias. Hidden Power Fire is used for Mega Scizor because the team seems a little bit weak to it. Weavile is the second hard hitter and is used for punching holes in the opposing team. Weavile brings a lot of speed in the team, which is pretty important, since the team in general is pretty slow. The team in general is weak to fairies especially Clefable. Thats why I decided to go for Mega Scizor. First I tried Mega Metagross, but Mega Scizor gives you another defensive backbone. It helps with Mega Lopunny and a little bit with Bisharp. But the most important aspect is that it doesn't care if it gets TW'd by Clefable. For your information, the spreads are the standard PS spreads, so you can always optimate them in your favor. Personally I enjoyed using this team, I hope it works out for you, let me know.
Thank you so much, this is awesome!

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Close Combat

I've built birdspam twice in the past but they weren't particularly well built (iirc one of them didn't even get finished lol) and I have a craving to use this gem of a core from XY atm so I wanna see what you come up with.

I'd like to request a team involving the Special Lure Victini set shown on the damage calculator:

Victini @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Glaciate

tried this set out for myself and it was really fun, but I'm pretty bad at teambuilding so I'd like one of the builders here to incorporate it into a team if possible

sorry if I'm doing this wrong, I've never posted in this thread or a similar one before so there may be something I'm missing

CharizardX has always been one of my favorite Pokemon (like every other Charizard fanboy) and is quite pitiful to see him go down from S Rank and dropping in popularity. I've found a very good set that by itself can reliably destroy the team as long as the opponent doesn't send out a counteractive lead (which is pretty common). Unfortunately, I am not a great team builder so I request a balance team built around this set which is really easy and destructive to play with.

upload_2016-6-12_16-0-31.png

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Fire Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

The Evs are supposed to make Zard outspeed the normal neutral Kyurem set without a dragon dance and M Lopunny after a dragon dance. The rest are dumped in Hp and Def for longevity. I prefer dragon claw due to its power (and the ability to lure steel types) however, the team must be able to lure fairies. Fire Punch is weaker spam option and I recommend you shouldn't use flare blitz as the recoil is too dangerous and restricting to use. Will-o-wisp can cripple Charizard's checks and makes it easier for Charizard to sweep.

A reliable partner for Charizard (but not required) is Latias.

upload_2016-6-12_16-24-43.png

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

It's chosen because of defog and healing wish and potentially dragon spam support.

Anyways, I request that the final team would support Charizard X leading (for mega evolving and no crippling x4 stealth rock weakness and a surprise sweep), has healing wish support and has a secondary stall/wallbreaker that can lure fairies and has similar checks and counters (other than fairies) to Charizard (leading to something similar to bird spam).
Thankyou.

Last edited:
Hello! I'm a PU player mostly, but I would like to branch out into OU a bit, and as I was watching MrJamvad play Ubers with Mega Beedrill, I decided I wanted to try him out in OU. I looked through all of the sample teams and RMTs, but failed to find any. So, without further ado, I'd like to request a team built around the massive threat he is, Mega Beedrill.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off / Drill Run

Standard set in both OU and UU. Protect to get the speed boost, U-Turn for momentum, Poison Jab for strong STAB, and Knock Off for coverage and to remove items or Drill Run for better coverage. I would like to have some form of trapping on the team, any form is fine (Arena Trap, Magnet Pull, or Pursuit), and good hazard removal is a must. Free reign to the builder beyond that. Thanks!

image.gif

image.gif

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire] / earth power

Bisharp @ Black Glasses/ lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

I have been trying to build around this core for forever. I picked this core up from the good cores section, and it seems interesting. The entire point of the core is to win the hazards war and apply lots of offensive pressure while doing it. Bisharp discourages the use of defog with your opponent fearing to give bisharp a free +2. diancie can discourage people putting rocks up due to magic bounce, though if you predict wrong you most likely lose your mega since mega diancie has no defense. The core really can't do anything to m-scizor, scarf keldeo, heatran (if diancie doesn't run earth power), and some other things. Feel free to mess with the sets as much as you like.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Hidden Power Fire
- Focus Blast

Specs Kyurem is really cool, as it has higher Special Attack than Kyurem-Black, allowing it to 2HKO threats like Clefable even with a Timid nature. It seems like a great special wallbreaker due to Ice being a really nice offensive typing right now, and it has a really powerful Draco Meteor to back it up as well. However, Kyurem does have a crippling Stealth Rock weakness which prevents it from being brought in too often, and faces competition from other Dragon-type wallbreakers like Hydreigon. But it is ranked on the VR thread, so I think it could have a niche as a powerful wallbreaker. Thanks in advance builders!
Hey you can take my team from this post http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-teambuilding-workshop-v4-open.3570296/page-7#post-6810783 and replace Specs Kyurem Black with this. It would probably be a better team if you did so, since Specs Kyu-B needs to run Modest zzz it's pretty bad and doesn't make a lot of sense imo

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk?
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Taunt

Requesting either a BO or Balance team around this Regenerator core. Feel free to tweak the sets around a bit, but I'd like to keep Slowking over Slowbro if possible.
Taking

I was looking at the team archive and not a single team built in this version of the workshop has a Gengar on it. Gengar has become a lot less common since offense has become so prevalent, but it still can single handedly take fat teams apart and even weaken some offensive threats if brought in correctly. It would be cool to see what you guys could with it in this meta. Set can be changed to something less standard if that interests you!

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Last edited:
I was looking at the team archive and not a single team built in this version of the workshop has a Gengar on it. Gengar has become a lot less common since offense has become so prevalent, but it still can single handedly take fat teams apart and even weaken some offensive threats if brought in correctly. It would be cool to see what you guys could with it in this meta.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
If its of interest, I'm currently working on a bisharp gar team with the same set, so this request is somewhat redundant. Its a shame you guys aren't going for anything different like subsplit or even hexgar though (who gives af about sableye). :(

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sounds pretty heat at first but the idea is to cripple switch-ins with glare while also being able to use sub to annoy teams. Sub can be taken off if it turns out to be complete shit. Ideas I had for partners were things that appreciated Torn and Tran being para'd I.E. Megacross and Megazor but alas I am shit at teambuilding so I couldn't make work of much. Good luck and thanks if you spare my suffering in ORAS with a squad I can be at least semi-proud of.

This is a challenge to DennisEG , build a team with DD Chesto Berry Gyarados + Heatran.
+

Gyarados @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 72 HP / 188 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Rest

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Solar Beam

Chesto variants have seen some use here and there and make effective use of normal Gyarados due to the added staying power Rest + Chesto provides. Gyarados often find itself being worn down and placed in range to be revenge killed, and having Rest + Chesto to make this less of an issue/increase your number of setup opportunities is very helpful. This core was featured in this RMT, albeit with different EVs and moves on Heatran (who can be customized to your liking depending on your team). Gyarados' main obstacle is primarily Rotom-W, who Heatran lures effectively with Solar Beam. From there, Gyarados has an easier time sweeping. Heatran further helps by luring other nuisances like Quagsire and threatening the likes of Ferrothorn. In addition, Heatran draws in several things Gyarados can take advantage of to grab some DDs, such as ground types and choice-locked threats like Keldeo. These two possess nice typing/offensive synergy overall and work together nicely to pave the way for a Gyarados sweep.

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Core:

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 60 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Hey FireMonkeyGamer! I ended up putting Bullet Punch in the final slot as Mega Diancie was really annoying to face and it also helps out with Weavile and faster stuff late game. I added Heatran to help Metagross with fat Grass types like Defensive Tangrowth, provide Stealth Rocks, and also use Toxic to cripple stuff like Mega Slowbro. EV spread allows it to hit 264 speed to outspeed base 70's like Breloom and Bisharp while the rest was put into HP and SpD to give it some special bulk. Next I added Rotom-Wash to help out with Sand Offense as well as offensive Grounds (Garchomp and Lando-T). Rotom-Wash could also get Heatran and Metagross in for setting up rocks and wall breaking respectively. Thunder Wave is a fun option that'll let you cripple stuff that try to switch into Will-O-Wisp like Latios and Clefable, making it easier for Rotom and the rest of the team to outspeed them. Latios was added to help switch into Keldeo, Volcanion, and electric types. HP Fire lures out Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor (which Mega Metagross greatly appreciates) and Roost helps it stay healthy to avoid getting worn down too quickly from Scald burns. Dark types were a problem at this point so I added Keldeo to help out with that and also punch holes in opposing teams. Finally Lando-T was added to help revenge kill faster threats like Mega Lopunny and offensive Electric types like Mega Manectric and Thundurus.

As for threats to the team, bulky waters like Mega Slowbro and Slowking can get annoying real quickly, so it's usually best to preserve Heatran to hit em with Toxic and try to wear it down to put it in range of Thunder Punch or Knock Off. That or use Volt Switch/Draco Meteor before they set up Calm Mind(s). Curse Gastrodon is another threat as it can set up on Metagross, Rotom-Wash (if you don't run Will-O-Wisp), Keldeo locked into Scald/Hydro, and Lando-T. You'll wanna hit them with Toxic with Heatran, burn them with Rotom, and/or drop a Draco on them with Latios. If you're able to Knock Off their item with Lando-T and have them burned, you can try to PP stall out Recover with Rotom-Wash to make it easier to defeat. Mega Lopunny can also be annoying, so you can try to revenge kill it with Lando-T, or send in Metagross or Rotom as they can both handle 1 HJK if they're healthy enough. Opposing Heatran can be annoying at times as you'll need Rotom-Wash and Keldeo to switch directly into it, or Lando-T to revenge kill it. Latios can also wear it down over the course of a game with Psyshock and Draco. Finally, Mega Latias can annoying to defeat, so you'll want to save Latios to drop a Draco (and also have enough to take an Ice Beam), Lando-T to damage it with U-turn (does 39-46% against the max HP max speed variants), Rotom-Wash to burn or paralyze it, or Heatran to use Taunt + Toxic on it.

Hope you like the team :toast:

gardevoir-mega.png

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp/Taunt/Calm Mind
And a physical fighting type like Terrakion or Lucario

Hey there, requesting a team with Mega Gardevoir because it's one of my favorite megas and is a great wallbreaker, the set is self explanatory, beats stuff with Hyper Voice and has Psyshock + Focus Blast for damage, the last move is used for utility or boosting and i'd like to pair this pokemon with a physical fighting type to have the combo of sp. wallbreaker + physical sweeper/breaker, i think the best options there are SD lucario and CB terrakion, thanks in advance.

Core:

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 60 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Hey FireMonkeyGamer! I ended up putting Bullet Punch in the final slot as Mega Diancie was really annoying to face and it also helps out with Weavile and faster stuff late game. I added Heatran to help Metagross with fat Grass types like Defensive Tangrowth, provide Stealth Rocks, and also use Toxic to cripple stuff like Mega Slowbro. EV spread allows it to hit 264 speed to outspeed base 70's like Breloom and Bisharp while the rest was put into HP and SpD to give it some special bulk. Next I added Rotom-Wash to help out with Sand Offense as well as offensive Grounds (Garchomp and Lando-T). Rotom-Wash could also get Heatran and Metagross in for setting up rocks and wall breaking respectively. Thunder Wave is a fun option that'll let you cripple stuff that try to switch into Will-O-Wisp like Latios and Clefable, making it easier for Rotom and the rest of the team to outspeed them. Latios was added to help switch into Keldeo, Volcanion, and electric types. HP Fire lures out Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor (which Mega Metagross greatly appreciates) and Roost helps it stay healthy to avoid getting worn down too quickly from Scald burns. Dark types were a problem at this point so I added Keldeo to help out with that and also punch holes in opposing teams. Finally Lando-T was added to help revenge kill faster threats like Mega Lopunny and offensive Electric types like Mega Manectric and Thundurus.

As for threats to the team, bulky waters like Mega Slowbro and Slowking can get annoying real quickly, so it's usually best to preserve Heatran to hit em with Toxic and try to wear it down to put it in range of Thunder Punch or Knock Off. That or use Volt Switch/Draco Meteor before they set up Calm Mind(s). Curse Gastrodon is another threat as it can set up on Metagross, Rotom-Wash (if you don't run Will-O-Wisp), Keldeo locked into Scald/Hydro, and Lando-T. You'll wanna hit them with Toxic with Heatran, burn them with Rotom, and/or drop a Draco on them with Latios. If you're able to Knock Off their item with Lando-T and have them burned, you can try to PP stall out Recover with Rotom-Wash to make it easier to defeat. Mega Lopunny can also be annoying, so you can try to revenge kill it with Lando-T, or send in Metagross or Rotom as they can both handle 1 HJK if they're healthy enough. Opposing Heatran can be annoying at times as you'll need Rotom-Wash and Keldeo to switch directly into it, or Lando-T to revenge kill it. Latios can also wear it down over the course of a game with Psyshock and Draco. Finally, Mega Latias can annoying to defeat, so you'll want to save Latios to drop a Draco (and also have enough to take an Ice Beam), Lando-T to damage it with U-turn (does 39-46% against the max HP max speed variants), Rotom-Wash to burn or paralyze it, or Heatran to use Taunt + Toxic on it.

Hope you like the team :toast:
Thank for you making this team :] it looks solid.

Reactions: TPP

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Fire Punch

SubToxic Jirachi may be not the most common set, but I definitely like it the most. It can lure many Pokemon in, that would normally check Scarf-Jirachi like Scizor and Ferrothorn (although some Scarf Sets are also running Fire Punch on it) and can Toxic mons like Slowbro. A good partner is probably a mon that appreciates Fairy Pokemon gone and Toxic Support, maybe something like Lopunny, idk lol. Jirachi also struggles with Heatran, so maybe something that can beat Heatran would be nice. I think this Jirachi-Set would fit the most on a more offensive build probably Bulky Offense or Offense. (Sorry for potential bad english haha i'm german)

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Baton Pass

Sylveon may be a little outclassed in the defensive area, but it can at least try to make its voice heard in OU again with the Choice Specs set. I prefer HP Fire as it gets the best coverage. I imagine a good partner for it would be a mon that can help dispatch things such as Heatran. Rotom may be good at this as it can threaten it and help to get in Sylveon via Volt Switch along with faring well with most steels, but it's up to you. This set is the standard with Baton Pass able to get you out of there on the predicted switch-out into somethin more favorable. The spread helps you to outrun Skarm and 2HKO it. Thank you to anyone who accepts!

BETTER THAN DNITE (Zygarde) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Requesting an offense team with Dragon Dance Zygarde, i love this pokemon and i think that it's better than Dragon Dance Dragonite due to the freedom of running Life Orb + Adamant effectively, STAB EQ, more speed and overall it's good as a sweeper on offensive teams, after a DD its STABs are massively strong and can pick off weakened stuff with E-speed, any kind of offense build works, it's a fun Dragon Dance user and despite being considered "meh", it has redeeming qualities that helps it distinguish itself from Dragonite, Garchomp, Mega Altaria and Mega Charizard X.

I'd like to see Mixed Attacker Jirachi see some usage. I actually tried to build around one before but it was difficult. Moving on, I believe that Azumarill would appreciate having some of its checks and counters removed, but I'll go through that later. Therefore, a core consisting of Mixed Expert Belt Jirachi + Belly Drum Azumarill is something I believe should be looked at.

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 132 Atk / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Rotom-W burns Azumarill, while Unaware Quagsire stalls out Azu with Toxic + Recover. Jirachi handles them using Energy Ball. Jirachi also handles Ferrothorn and Scizor via Hidden Power Fire; Ferro and Scizor are capable of weakening Azumarill and Azu just loses to them if it can't set up Belly Drum. Additionally, Jirachi handles Physically Defensive Unaware Clefable, something Azumarill can't 2HKO.

Furthermore, Jirachi is threatened by Weavile, Heatran, Hippowdon, and Ground-types in general. Thus, Azumarill can force them out which gives Azu a free opportunity to set up Belly Drum.

Watch out for Volcanion and Mega Sceptile with Earthquake, as they smash this core. Also, Mew cripples the core using Will-O-Wisp.

Last edited:
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Scizor is one of my favorite mons, plus i think it make a pretty good volturn core with raikou. Id like to request a balance team or a BO, thanks guys.

I'd like to have a team built with Double Dance Terrakion and Bolt-Beam M-Latias. These 2 have nice synergy both defensive and offensive-wise. Terrakion muscles through everything with his decent STABs while M-Latias comes in on bulky Waters/Grounds which annoy Terrakion. Furthermore, both could be solid wincon (if Latias is CM set) which can set up vs various play style (CM Latias & SD breaks balanced while RP destroys offense). Terrakion set should be standard with LO but you can tweak M-Latias set whatever you like. I'm on mobile right now so cannot add picture, sorry about that :(
Terrakion @ Life Orb
252Atk/ 4Spd/ 252Spe+
Jolly nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Sword Dance
- Rock Polish
Mega Latias
248HP/ 8SpA/ 252Spe+
Timid nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Calm Mind/ Thunder Wave/ filler

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)