1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

OU Test team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by CrucifiEX, Aug 6, 2012.

1. CrucifiEX

CrucifiEX

Gensect @ Choice Scarf
    Naive - Downloadd
    252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpA
    - U-turn
    - Flamethrower
    - Ice Beam
    - ThunderBolt

Standard OU Genesect with a Choice Scarf lets it outspeed Dragonite,Haxorus or Gyrados set up with 1 DD, running U-turn mainly for Scout and Switch advantage. BoltBeam because they hit everything neturally. I was possibly thinking off switching Thundrbolt to Thunder cause now a days everyone is Running a rainteam. Flamethrowerfor Pests such as Ferrothorn or Scizzors.

Heatran @ LifeOrb
    Calm - FlashFire
    248 HP, 252 SpD,8 Spe
    -Lava Plume
    -Stealth Rock / Roar
    -Protect
    -Toxic / Will-O-Wisp

Base 106 defenses, immunity to Toxic, and a wide support movepool make it a powerful wall. A specially defensive set is used over a physically defensive set because Lava Plume's high burn rate enables Heatran to shrug off physical hits most of the time.Lava Plume is chosen due to its high 30% burn rate, which makes Heatran incredibly difficult to take down on the physical side. Stealth Rock makes it easier for offensive teammates to sweep the opponent's team, whereas Roar is useful for phazing out an enemy sweeper or troublesome wall.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Adamant - Intimidate
    252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpA
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

+

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
    Naive - Magnet Pull
    4 Atk, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flash Cannon
    - HP Fire
    - Explosion

Why this combo is quite nice is because one pokemon helps the other by eliminating its counters, in this case Magnezone trapping and destroying and Steel type that comes in to try and wall Salamence's attacks. Bronzong coming in on your Dragon Dance to take the Outrage? No problem, let Magnezone take the Gyro Ball and finish off Bronzong with a Thunderbolt. A Scizor coming in to revenge kill Mence while it's weak? Simply let Magnezone eat the Bullet Punch and take it from there.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Trait : Intimidate
    Evs:252Att/4Def/252Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Att,-SpA)
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Fang

Dragon Dance then just go on a killing spree. Waterfall is for those pokemon whom are vunerable too it. Waterfall is really awesome due to the fact I get STAB and after a Dragon Dance it wrecks. Earthquake is for those annoying electric pokemon, while ice fang is for breloom and those annoying dragons. Not much too explain other than the fact he just kills.

Gallade @ Choice Scarf ZE REVENGE KILLARR
    Trait : Steadfast
    Evs: 252Att/4Def/252Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Spe,-SpA)
    -ThunderPunch
    -Night Slash
    -Close Combat
    -Ice Punch

Gallade has a speed of 405 which easily outspeed all forms of Gengar, expect Choice Scarf Variants. I go in and OHKO with Night Slash. Ice Punch are for those annoying Dragons who think they are so tough. Psycho Cut is for Machamp.ThunderPunch because it lets me create the boltbeam combo. Close Combat is for Blissey and Ambipom.

Comments & Suggestion apperciated.
  2. CrucifiEX

CrucifiEX

Messed up Heatran has Leftovers not a lifeorb
  3. morningsun

morningsun

Your gallade can only have 4 moves. No psycho cut for you! Sorry, just had the urge to write that last sentence. Run a hasty Salamence instead of an adamant one. Your fire blast will do a lot more damage that way and you'll outspeed neutral base 108s. Hasty is chosen over naive because there's a greater chance of facing an ice beam or hp ice user than ice punch. If you want the extra power try a lonely nature.
  4. Relados

Relados Deuced banner.
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Thunder on Genesect may be useful for that extra power in rain, like you said. After all, water types will resist the other moves on the set. Most important question is, why are you doing max attack when most of the attacks there are special attacks? Did you mean to give 252 to SpA and 4 to Atk?

Bulky Heatran with Life Orb is strange, as it eliminates your only source of recovery (or Earthquake immunity with Air Balloon). Running Will'O'Wisp and Lava Plume is a bit redundant, I'd go Toxic mainly for those walls or special hitters who don't fear burn as much. If Heatran's going to be walling, Roar would be a better option over Stealth Rock, in my opinion, although that gets rid of the only setter you have - the option there will have to be your choice. That Heatran will have trouble against Tyranitar or in rain, with its only attacking move being a fire type. The extra speed is odd, but not unheard of.

Dragon dancing Salamence is good, I don't have anything to add to that.

Scarfing Magnezone is a risky strategy, but payoff is nice. I don't see very much utility for Explosion, because of its nerf and that Magnezone mainly will attack steels - consider switching it for Volt Switch for scouting? Explosion isn't too bad though if you suffer from Gastrodon.

Dragon Dancing Gyarados is nice. Two dragon dancers seems a bit redundant, but the mixed coverage with Salamence works nicely.

Gallade is an oddball in this group. While a good pokemon, other pokemon fit the niche of a revenge killer much better in OU. I'd suggest Terrakion instead, with both a Rock type move to hit flyers with (a type which is lacking in your current team) and a more powerful Close Combat. With X-Scissor and Earthquake, their coverage is about the same. If you truly must use Gallade, I'd suggest Justified rather than Steadfast as it's ability - when scarfed, the only thing that will be flinching you will be fake out, and it's much better to take the attack boost upon happening to switch into Dark Pulse or staying into a Pursuit.

A couple notes: You have no spinners, which isn't necessarily bad but could cause problems. You don't have much to fear from Spikes or Toxic Spikes, but Stealth Rock will definitely be an issue with Salamence and Gyarados.

Anyway, just my thoughts on your team.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)