Project OU Theorymon [Voting: Check Post #3272]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Water/Steel Caracosta: We have Empoleon for a defensive, and it also gets defog for team support, and it is too slow for SS. It doesn't really make much difference.
BD Floatzel: It's speed, BP and ability make me like this, but it's bulk means it's kinda risky. Would be a great mon for QuickPass though, I could see with screen/memento support and MLop to pass to be a very good quickpass core.

Dark Aura Spiritomb: I like this one too. Able to beat a good range of offensive pokes due to good bulk, dark aura foul play and WoW, I could see it become a big threat. Sadly it has to have rest talk to heal, or rely on a wishpasser, which does give it 4MSS. It could have good offensive and defensive sets though.
DD Glalie: Meh. Still relies on freeze dry, which isn't affected by DD, to break bulky waters, needs to suicide to beat Ferro, revenged by a good amount of scarfers, priority weak, and not particularly easy to set up. I really don't like this one.

My Verdict: Torn between Spiritomb and Floatzel, the other 2 suck IMO.

My Problem with all of these are that they are all One Hit "Somewhat" Wonders.

Water/Steel Carracosta- This does gain a little bit of bulk thanks to type but like all Shell Smashers, it only gets one chance to do so before the opponent has their check/counter. At least it finds itself with more set up opportunities.

Dragon Dance Glalie- Problem with Glalie isnt that it forces switches and wishes it had a little more power. Problem is priority kills it before it gets to even do anything. Even if it got shell smash It'll still be mediocre in my opinion. Attacking with it is difficult without killing itself, yet alone setting up.

Belly Drum Floatzel- Same boat as Glalie just faster and frailer. But hey better typing than glalie I guess. After one Belly drum which it hopes nothing kills it. And a very situational moment when it gets to actually set up. I can only seeing it set up if it tries to revenge kill, even then I'm sure the opponent will be smarter than the average bear.

Dark Aura Spiritomb- i'm shocked there aren't that many damage calcs for its defenses on what it needs to check.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Spiritomb: 188-224 (61.8 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Spiritomb: 145-172 (47.6 - 56.5%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Spiritomb: 117-138 (38.4 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Spiritomb: 99-117 (32.5 - 38.4%) -- 2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Spiritomb: 144-169 (47.3 - 55.5%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Spiritomb: 90-107 (29.6 - 35.1%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Spiritomb: 151-178 (49.6 - 58.5%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

There are many more but those are pretty impressive. With limited recovery in the form of leftovers at least this thing can do it's job better than the other slates. My vote goes Spiritomb in this round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)