Project OU Theorymon

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
May I say first that this slate is incredibly good. A job well done here. Lets look at each in detail and see why could be so good.

Doublade + Levitate: While unoriginal, (it has already been slated), any player of AAA knows how potent Levitate Doublade is. Thanks to its huge defense stat factoring Eviolite, and an excellent defensive typing, Doublade can now act as a Fantastic Counter to various physical attackers in OU such as Sand Sweeper Excadrill, Non Fire Blast Garchomp, Terrakion, Mega Medicham, Mega Pinsir, Mega Heracross, Non Fire Blast Mega Altaria, Hippowdon, Mega Metagross, Non Knock Off Landorus-T and Check Mega Diancie, Azumarill, Mega Lopunny and Dragonite. THATS ALOT OF THREATS IT COUNTERS AND CHECKS. Also it has the advantage of being part Ghost, rendering it immune to the effects of trapping, (no Magnet Pulling this guy). But it has a crap load of flaws. Its Special Defence is absolutely atrocious, making even resisted hits do dones of damage. Its also incredibly slow, usually allowing tgreats to hit it first. Its over reliance on Eviolite + its dark weakness makes it EXTREMELY weak to Knock Off (more than Chansey imo)and its relatively lackluster attack stat means it wont be doing significant damage until a couple SDs. But its still fantastic, (it aint S rank in AAA for nothing).

Mega Glalie + Ground/Ice typing and Fake Out: It has an incredibly strong Fake Out. Its neutral to SR (which is huge), and it now shits on steels instead of reverse. Major improvent. But baring what I said the buff alleviates, it still struggles against Offence due to low speed, it know gains weaknesses to Water, Grass and loses it ICE resistance in exchange for the neutrality to Rock. But most importantly, it costs a Mega slot.
Still really good.

Mismagius + Ghost/Fairy and Competitive: My bae!! I submitted a similar submission before, but while it didnt go through, Mismagius + Ghost/Fairy typing is really enough to give it a niche, giving the fact that it gains immunities to Dragon, Normal, Fighting. Competitive basically means it gets an instant +2 from Intimidate, Defog and Sticky Web, which turns in into a powerful wallbreaker. Unfortunately, lack of priority + an underwhelming speed stat makes it a walkover for offence. Its poor defence also means physical attackers generally force it out, though they must look out for WoW. Its special attack is also pretty weak without a boost especially since its STABs are both weak, and cant touch steels outside HP. Its also still very good and worthy of going through.

Xatu + Steel/Flying typing and Flash Cannon: Moar steelz!!! But Xatu got exactly what it needed. A MUCH better typing which removes 5 weaknesses in exchange for only ONE!!! Magic Bounce really puts the icing on the cake, turning it into a super supporter for teams. Its only issue is a competition for a teamslot by Skarm, which provides hazards, Taunt and a physical wall. But Xatu is good enough to warrant usuage over Skarm since they fill different niches. This is whats getting my vote.

+ Ground / Ice-typing and Fake Out

Mamoswine 2.0

Seriously, this thing looks really cool now, with a secondary STAB and a cool way to ensure Mega Evolution.

Not only that, but it has a better Speed tier than Mamoswine and access to Spikes (I actually thought Spikes Mamoswine would be a good submission but its too high on the VR :( )

With excellent dual STAB, Glalie can now threaten commob pivots in the tier, including Tornadus, Landorus-T, Garchomp, Tangrowth, Heatran and Tyranitar (just off the top of my head). The few things that can switch in on it can be fucked over by Freeze Dry, or it can take advantage of the switch to support its team with hazards. Additionally, Ground type gives Glalie a neutrality to Stealth Rocks, and an immunity to Volt Switch, giving it the ability to check choice locked electrics or even risk a switch in to them. This is a really cool submission and I applaud Jajoken.

The set I'd be using is:

Glalie @ Glalite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Spikes / Freeze Dry
- Fake Out

The first two moves are obvious. Spikes lets Glalie fill a role Greninja once possessed: Offensive Spikes. Using offensive pressure to force a switch, lay a spike, and switch out is now feasible thanks to a Stealth Rock neutrality. Freeze Dry lets Glalie hit water types like Manaphy, Rotom-W, and Slowbro for more damage than it otherwise could. Fake Out gets boosted by Aerilate, making it stronger than Ice Shard, and the turn-1 limit is mostly irrelevant, because Glalie should only ever try to revenge kill things faster than it, not actually switch in on them. Stopping the opponent from moving allows you to chip away even at Ice Resists.

A Quick Glance at the Slate

+ Levitate
Okay, I kind of get this. Take Doublade's bad ability, (No Guard), and give it another immunity, one less weakness, and the ability to switch-into Ground-Type attacks. It also is, uhh, levitating. I think that this might push Doublade into OU, however I still really don't like its Knock Off weakness, which is a common move in the OU metagame. However, I feel that this might have been created (or not) with the ability to annoy Mega-Steelix, but it no longer exists. I still like this though, but I'm not sure if I have interpreted it correctly. It also dies to any decently powered special attack. And Doublade has no reliable recovery.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

+ Ice/Ground Typing and Fake Out
Ahh, Glalie. With its 120/120/100 offenses and okay 80/80/80 defenses, and a great ability in Refrigerate, you might wonder why Glalie isn't at least UU. This is because of its hindering typing, hindering boost to its SpAtk (which it would much rather have somewhere else), a strange speed tier that leaves it outsped by many threats to it, and it takes up a mega slot. Fake Out adds a huge boost to Glalie's viability, allowing it to hit with an effective 72 BP move (Ability + STAB) off of a potential 372 attack is scary. I'm not sure I understand what the Ground typing it up with, however. I get STAB on Earthquake, but then you have 1 more weakness and the same amount of resistances? Still really like this one though.

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge / Return
- Explosion / Freeze Dry
- Earthquake / Ice Shard
- Fake Out
It also might have 4MSS.

Last two covered decently already.
I will probably vote for either Glalie or Xatu.

Last edited:
Tbh this is a very powerful stall slate. Xatu & Doublade are both very interesting and valuable for stall. See, I see people thinking Doublade is useless as a wall without knock off. This just isn't true. Even if Doublade loses Eviolite it still counters the same things, its sheer bulk and typing allows it to blanket check things like Terrakion, Heracross, Landorus-T, Excadrill, ect regardless if it has Eviolite or not. Levitate gives it another immunity and that's why its great. Possible the five best offensive types are ice, fire, ground, flying and fighting. 4/5 do nothing. It might even be too good for OU to handle. With SRs up and weakened dark/fire types this thing demolishes & sweeps team.

It might be too good. If you don't believe me, just take a lot at AAA - it's S rank.

Doublade is a solid nomination. It's not very original but it gives a good ability instead of a useless ability to a niche pokemon ! I like it ! Knock off weakness is a problem but the same can be said to Chansey !

I'm not sure that Ice/Ground typing is the best for Glalie .... The new weakness to Water (and Grass) is terrible ... It can't really counter the Water types with Freeze Dry .... Moreover, design Wise, I think it fits more Ice/Steel ... Still lose the weakness to Rock and still have an interesting stab in steel (Rock, Fairy, Ice) ... Of course Ground is a better type but the downsides are important too. With Steel type, he will be very weak against Fire/Fighting (like before) and also Ground, but it gains many useful resistances (Normal, Grass, Poison, Psychic, Fairy, Bug, Flying)

Fairy Ghost Mismagius is meh ... Of course the dual Stab are unresisted (except Pyroar I guess ?), but the stats are meh ... regular Gardevoir seems better.

Steel/Flying Xatu ... I don't know ... it will face competition with Skarmory (physical bulk / special bulk and Magic Bounce vs Hazards) ... Don't know yet

Hey, I don't want to be too proud here, but I did come up with Xatu submission a little while back. I won't defend it too much, since it's fairly obvious what it does.
I also really like Doublade. he's insanely bulky with evolite, and I think steel/ghost typing is fantastic! Just for fun, hoopa-u has a 12.5% chance to OHKO with dark pulse! I personally think it's a tad over the top, but it's certainly better than some of our past underwhelming submissions.

Fairy+ghost mismangus I was thinking of this buff too, but I didn't think it was good enough. Well, with competitive it would completely stop lat@s in their tracks, as well as all the other defoggers that come to mind. also, it has pretty decent coverage in thunder bolt.

refrigerate fake out! yeah, mega glalie would be much better, but I still think that I'd rather use other mega pokemon. his stats are mediocre at best, and his coverage (which is already tight with ice shard, etc) is more limited now. just my oppinion though.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
glalie only used eq for coverage-it has freeze dry for water types
i think glalie should run
-return
-eq
-freeze dry/explosion
-fake out/ice shard

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
you don't have to stay in on the mon you mostly either hit it on the switch or when you're faster and opp is low(politoed)

Last edited:
To everyone who's commenting on the weaknesses Glalie has gained:

Ice typing sucks. Let's face it, any mon who gains 4 weaknesses and one measly resist because of their typing is going to suck defensively. Glalie couldn't have been retyped in a way to give it a defensive backbone, so it had to be retyped offensively, and Ground/Ice has been proven as an amazing STAB combo. Not only that, but Ground was the only secondary type Glalie could use offensively while also cutting down on its Stealth Rock weakness.

Obviously Glalie can't switch into Grass and Water types now, but why would it want to? Even pure Ice Mega Glalie wouldn't want to switch into Water types, as it risks a scald burn, and its 80/80/80 bulk isnt helping it take Leaf Storms from Serperior or HP Fires from Mega Venusaur (and ofc it isnt switching into Ferrothorn). The Ground type is there to reduce Mega Glalie's rock weakness and give it a more powerful non-Ice move; and it does that spectacularly.

I may as well talk about the other slated mons while Im here:

+ Levitate

This walls like half the physical meta, as previously stated. It would make a pretty good pivot for teams weak to the threats it walls, due in part to a spikes immunity.

That said, Im not really sure what it can do back. A supereffective Gyro Ball or Shadow Sneak might do some damage, but it's moves are all weak beyond that and it needs at least 2 SDs up to threaten anything remotely bulky. Im not really feeling this, just because it looks so boring, sitting there and taking hits.

+ Ghost / Fairy typing and Competitive

Mismagius is a cool pokemon with a unique STAB combo and a way to tale advantage of the Lati twins and Intimidate. At least in theory. In practice, Latios' Psyshock does enough to OHKO after rocks, meaning its sister Latias just has to Psyshock twice and then defog. Scarf Landorus's EQ kills Mismagius, and Gyarados can just DD and KO with Waterfall (or switch out to anything remotely bulky). Scarf set you say? Yeah well, thats piss weak, with base 80 STABS coming off of base 105 attack. The best I could see Mismagius doing is a Nasty Plot Stallbreaker, but even that appreciates Levitate more to avoid Spikes and Quagsire's EQ (scald does a pittance). Slow, weak, and frail, Im gonna have to say no to this submission as well.

+ Steel / Flying typing and Flash Cannon

This is my second favorite submission, and probably the one that would have the most effect on OU. As Mega Sableye has demonstrated, a bulky Magic Bounce user is always appreciated, and whil Xatu isn't exactly bulky, its access to a fastish Roost and a great typing a welcome alternative to M-Sableye. It can pivot well with U-turn, and its now neutral to Stealth Rocks.

Its typing is really good, allowing it to take irrelevant damage from most hazards setters' attacks (bar heatran), and switch into most defensive mons really. However, it sadly doesnt have enough bulk or offensive prescence to take on most offensive pokemon who's STAB it doesn't resist. Overall, its a welcome change and my second favorite mon on the slate.

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Xatu in OU makes me hard in general so seeing it with good defensive typing great. Xatu+Diancie is already a really good stop to hazards without the buff, so by giving them complementary typing you are just making it all the better. This is a really good buff for offense, balance and stall alike, and it makes non-sab stall a lot better than it was before - although this is balanced out by the reduced potency of entry hazards due to more Magic Bounce.

Flash Canon doesn't really do much for it, as I'd still prefer to carry one of Air Slash or Night Shade on it, but regardless this is my favorite thing on the slate.

Mmmmm...xatu buff. But flash cannon? Ew. Just make baton pass and defog legal with magic bounce. Ah well.

While xatu has pretty lousy defenses, it's typing, speed and ability are going to make for a sweet support set. You have wish+uturn for pivoting. Trick for messing up opposing support. Twave and night shade.

Though it's stats are oriented toward a special attacker, it's still incredibly weak by OU standards. I suppose you could use a specs+trick set, but that seems under whelming, given the support abilities it otherwise provides. Calm mind would be a thing if baton pass was an option, but alas.

As for the other stuff in the slate, here are my initial one sentence thoughts, to be updated later.

Doublade: might single handedly bring rain/sun back over sand.

Glalie: still stinks. Why would I use this over mamo?

Mismagious: gets smacked about by intimidators; doesn't do much to defoggers;too weak to take advantage of sticky web

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
"Why would I used this over Mamo?" This thing is straight up a better Mamo lol. Refridgerate Fake Out is absolutely terrifying on its own, but also being able to use a more powerful, 100% accurate ice STAB is huge for it. It is faster, more powerful and has more utility than Mamo - which is huge.

Anyway, the set you'd be using Xatu for would be this badboy:

Xatu @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Air Slash / Night Shade

It makes the best use of Xatu's ability, stat spread and typing to consistently stop common rockers, and it has enough speed to outpace Bisharp and hit it with Thunder Wave before it can KOff.

"Why would I used this over Mamo?" This thing is straight up a better Mamo lol. Refridgerate Fake Out is absolutely terrifying on its own, but also being able to use a more powerful, 100% accurate ice STAB is huge for it. It is faster, more powerful and has more utility than Mamo - which is huge.

Anyway, the set you'd be using Xatu for would be this badboy:

Xatu @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Air Slash / Night Shade

It makes the best use of Xatu's ability, stat spread and typing to consistently stop common rockers, and it has enough speed to outpace Bisharp and hit it with Thunder Wave before it can KOff.
That maybe true, but LO mamo has a stronger earthquake, better coverage, equally powerful priority, an ability that gives it some defensive prescense AND DOES NOT REQUIRE A MEGA STONE.

Sure fakeout is nice for safe mega and revengekilling, but mamo gets those same exact revenge opportunities with ice shard.
Edit: it does revenge e-speed dragonite, so there's that.
The slight niche you can argue for is spikes+krazy explosion, but neither of those are created as a result of its ground typing.

It's still to slow and too frail to do much of worth.

As for xatu, yeah its awesome. Dual magic bounce cores for days

Doublade + Levitate: I don't like this one very much. "Boring, but blanket checks a ton of shit and can run defensive and offensive sets competently" isn't really what I look for in a slate -- kind of the opposite, really. It's almost impossible to judge what this will contribute to the meta because I suspect it will likely help define the meta. I guess, darkspam will be boosted and physical attackers are gonna be worse if they can't run good Fire or Dark coverage, which is most of them. In any case, this isn't the kind of theorymon I want (even though I adore Doublade).

Mega Glalie + Ground type + Fake Out: A Spikes lead mega is pretty cool. I won't dwell on other sets, because they're basically "Mamoswine, but more powerful", as I understand it. I'm a little bit hesitant about pushing this meta back into Spikes-stacking and strong Ice-type attackers after we just fixed that, though. And I recall being annoyed by -ate Fake Outs whenever they show up, as well, so that's another reason to hesitate. I'll put it as a 'maybe'.

Mismagius + Fairy type + Competitive: I'm gonna judge this in the hazard control category, because that seems like what it's supposed to do as a Ghost-type Competitive user? It just doesn't have the bulk and it's not quite fast enough to do that, really. Most Defog users can threaten to KO it unless it invests heavily into Defense, at which point it's not fast or strong enough to seriously threaten things at +2. Excadrill and Starmie also risk OHKOing it (the latter only on the switch). If you don't care about hazard control and just want to run some kind of offensive stallbreaker set, have fun launching 80BP STABs off of 105 Special Attack, and good luck finding room to set up Nasty Plot with that bulk. I just don't think this will make Mismagius viable.

Xatu + Steel/Flying type + Flash Cannon: Okay, I like this one decently. It still has anemic bulk, but now it has a typing it can potentially capitalize off of to switch into hazard setters and stall threats. A quick survey shows that it would likely have mixed effectiveness against hazard setters, which are often optimized to take on Skarmory already. It feels like more of a niche for Xatu than for the meta, really, since it might see play on certain teams but there will likely be competent substitutes.

I'm not too hot on this slate overall; leaning towards Mega Glalie or Xatu currently unless there are some p solid arguments in favor of Mismagius or Doublade.

Martin

I think the key problem with Doublade is that we have basically given Spikes another reason to become prominent by providing yet another solid spinblocker. Like, probably the only way that it would change the metagame in such a way that it may enhance the playing experience would be through the viability of Doublade+Jellicent double-ghost, as it would improve the viability of Mega Blastoise and Mold Breaker Driller (the latter of which is currently pure ass) due to their abilities to overwhelm the core while doubling up as hazard control 'mons, but beyond this I can only think of it having a negative effect on the metagame (Aegislash-esque overcentralisation, pushing Spikes into extreme prominence etc.).

I'm not really feeling it with Mismagius. Its speed tier and bulk simply sits too low for it to really do much with Competitive without it having any priority to fall back on like Bisharp does. While the fairy typing is cool for providing STAB on Dazzling Gleam and allowing it to switch in on Lati@s' Draco Meteor, it still struggles to handle any of the common Defog users (with it not even being able to risk coming in on Latios due to Psyshock almost always OHKOing without even having rocks support and with it being outpaced). Like, I could see it if it were ghost/steel or something instead of ghost fairy, but it doesn't really achieve its goal all that effectively at all fairy typing tbh.

Glalie is pretty simplistic. Take Mamoswine, exchange Stealth Rock for Spikes, exchange Thick Fat for Refrigerate and give it Explosion/Fake Out. Pretty straight-forward here. If you're using it for anything, it is in the role of suicide spiker, as otherwise why not just use Mamo (unless your team lacks another mega, in which case go nuts with Glalie). I like it, but it feels like it suffers from all of the exact flaws that Glalie does in standard. Fake Out is cool to guarantee a MEvo, but honestly with its two legal pre-mega abilities being borderline useless it struggles to justify its use over something else. I don't think that Fake Out was the right way to go about it, but rather to give it an ability that allows it to bolster itself before it megas (akin to Sharpedo). Not really feeling it.

Finally, we have Xatu. Akumeoy is really underselling this thing's capabilities tbh, and the key issue that it faced before (pursuit weakness compounded by the illegality of BP+Magic Bounce in combination) is completely gone. It has really nice defensive typing now, and it is able to utilise its new set of resistances to consistently discourage the use of hazards and to consistently block them when they are used. Its typing is complementary to both Sableye and Diancie - which is ideal due to the sheer pressure of two Magic Bounce users making it hard for anyone to ever get up any hazards - and I think that it would be pretty influential to teambuilding without being overcentralising. Specifically, spikes stacking teams may start to carry Magnezone much more commonly for its ability to trap and eliminate Xatu, and I can see potential builds such as Xatu+HP Fire M-Diancie+Dugtrio becoming common to surpress spikes squads, and I can see builds such as balanced VoltTurn becoming more common due to their good matchup v.s. Xatu squads (although they do have to be cautious due to Xatu's "slow" U-turn and the fact that Dugtrio can easily break cycles involving things like Raikou or Manectric). Am I overselling the effect it could have on the metagame? Probably. However, I do think that it has the potential to both be highly infuential and a healthy presence in the metagame.

Bump boys

I don't really see Doublade as an issue when considering Hazard Stacking, and certainly not as an issue to the extent that Aegislash was. Mostly this is due to Doublade's total lack of offensive presence. It simply doesn't fit onto offensive teams at all, where the combination of spinblocking and Defiant users would make hazard stacking a complete nightmare. It's much more of a defensive Pokemon, a tool for balance and stall, where Defiant mons like Bisharp, Braviary, and Entei don't fit either. Also the only real Spinner it stops is Excadrill without Mold Breaker, it doesn't want to tangle with offensive or defensive Starmie at all and Mold Breaker Drill trashes it. Doublade should be alright but it certainly won't be shifting the meta back into hazard stacking by itself.

Xatu is hot and will definitely get my vote. You've got a Pokemon which is already borderline viable right now, with its biggest flaw being its average stats and bad typing. Psychic typing has very few benefits and generally is more trouble than it's worth. Trade that in for Steel typing, and suddenly Xatu stands up a lot better against the meta, dealing with the same things that Specially Defensive Skarmory would, while also denying hazards and performing a pivoting role. This is definitely something I could see myself making use of, and it should be quite solid. (Also Flash Cannon is kinda important since the only other Steel move it gets is Steel Wing lol)

Don't have much to say about the other two, Mismagius looks like it might be good against defensive teams thanks to Nasty Plot, Taunt, and Competitive, but the generally low stats will make it a bit of a liability against offense and I don't predict this one to be particularily popular. Mega Glalie's buffs are more than enough to let me get over my gigantic hate-on for this mon in Standard.

Bump boys

I don't really see Doublade as an issue when considering Hazard Stacking, and certainly not as an issue to the extent that Aegislash was. Mostly this is due to Doublade's total lack of offensive presence. It simply doesn't fit onto offensive teams at all, where the combination of spinblocking and Defiant users would make hazard stacking a complete nightmare. It's much more of a defensive Pokemon, a tool for balance and stall, where Defiant mons like Bisharp, Braviary, and Entei don't fit either. Also the only real Spinner it stops is Excadrill without Mold Breaker, it doesn't want to tangle with offensive or defensive Starmie at all and Mold Breaker Drill trashes it. Doublade should be alright but it certainly won't be shifting the meta back into hazard stacking by itself.
110 base attack is not so bad -_- ... Of course he won't really invest in Attack, but it's steel (pun intended) decent !

Unfortunately I don't see Mega Glalie going anywhere. It seems a really good buff to begin with, given that Paralysis immunity and Fake Out remedy it's speed issues to and extend and a great secondary STAB is always nice, but upon in depth comparison I honestly don't think it is worth running over Mamoswine in most scenarios.
Refrigerate Fake Out sounds really strong initially, but realistically it actually does the just slightly less than Mamo's LO Ice Shard, so it's a trade off between Flinch and Spammability.
Obviously Refrigerate Return is notably stronger and more reliable than Mamo's Icicle crash, and Glalie's Freeze Dry is also more powerful. But Mamoswine's Earthquake has a far superior win vs Glalie's.
Mamoswine also has enough physical bulk to take roughly as much damage from a max roll as Glalie does from a min roll. Where as Glalie has an extremely minor SpD win.
So all Glalie really has as a "major" win is the 20 extra speed. But lets be real, 100 Speed is still no where near where Glalie wants to be to get things done in this meta.
So both are most effectively used for beating holes and wall breaking, in which a role the extra speed does not warrant a Mega Stone.
Obviously there will be a few cases where the team lacks any other mega and is doing fine, in which case it could very well be worth upgrading your Mamoswine slightly to a Mega Glalie, but I kind see this being considered an overly viable choice in the majority of cases.

I don't have time to discuss much else this week, but Mismagius seems in a similar boat to what Mega Glalie (and Mamoswine) are in in the current meta. They have great STABs and ways of disassembling walls, but they just aren't quite fast or bulky enough to be a consistently good pick in the currently offensively orientated meta.
Doublade confuses me, because I don't have time to think too much about it but I just have a feeling that it will either be like AAA and become top tier maybe even too much, or it'll just get worn down by all the special attackers and other things to the point where it can't set up SD vs anything and will just be unviable. One polar or the other but I'm not sure which.

Xatu is a clear winner for me. I really wanna do I write up but as I keep saying I'm super busy atm and needa go somewhere soon. Most people have covered most the cool things. I think physically defensive Xatu would make a pretty epic partner to Mega Charizard X. The two cover weaknesses really well, open up for a Steel/Dragon/Fairy Core, MB helps with Zard's SR weakness, U-Turn brings Zard in safely for set up opportunities, and with correct investment and Flash Cannon Xatu can beat lots of pokemon that give Zard problems, such as Mega Diancie.

Anyway g2g bye luv y'all <3

Hey guys, GnralLao is gonna be away, so please send submissions to the new council member, Akumeoy ! He's been submitting really awesome stuff for quite a while so give him a warm welcome! :)

Anyways, it's also time for voting, please remember to follow the procedure so it's easy to count votes, thanks everyone!
+ Levitate
+ Ground / Ice-typing and Fake Out
+ Fairy / Ghost-typing and Competitive
+ Steel / Flying-typing and Flash Cannon

Honorable mentions list (It's been quite a while since I've used this voting format o.o)
- Infernape + Prankster
- Tornadus + Competitive
- Typhlosion + Drought
- Spiritomb + Dark Aura
- Mega Tyranitar + Sand Force
- Mega Garchomp + Weak Armor
- Electric / Dark Thundurus-T
- Miltank + Ground-type
- Mesprit + Download and Judgment
- Azelf + Fairy-typing (replaces Psychic-typing) and Mold Breaker
My vote n stuff:

Doublade + Levitate
Honorable Mention:
Electric / Dark Thundurus-T

glhf all :)

You guy's are underselling Mega Glalie significantly.

Mega Glalie as a spikes lead is laiughable, why would you waste your mega slot on something when you could just use Klefki with spikes for instead. On that note, Mega Galie should run - imo.

Glalie-Mega @ Glalite
Ability @ Refrigirate
252/252 Adamamt
- Freeze dry
- Fake iut
- Frustration
- Earthquake

Fake out on Mega Glalie is massive buff. With Fake out you ensure that Mega Glalie will mega evolve freely, not ha ing to worry about faster mons. Fake out also means that Mega Glalie has a way easier time revenge killing pokemon whom it previously struggled with! Such mons include: Thundurus, Tornadus-Therian and Landerous-Therian, Latios, Serperior, Breloom, Garchomp ect. These pokemon could previously scare Glalie out but now they all drop dead after little chip damage, this is great. Glalie gets off free damage, and Glalie barely has any switch ins at all. Freeze dry, Double-edge, fake out and Earthquale significantly threaten a ton of the metagame because EVs and be tweaked.

Mega Glalie gets my vote

Honorable mention is Milbank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)