OU wifi league signups (closed. Round 1 will be posted soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

This is a simple wifi OU tournament. Signing up is done by posting your Friend code and in game name (unless that's in your signature. In that case "in" is fine)

rounds will only be extended in cases of A) a subsitute B) when you contacted me for requesting an extension, which you got with my permission.

-Evasion clause: a pokemon may not carry a move that raises it's evasion (thus no double team/minimize)

-OHKO clause: a pokemon may not carry a move that results in outright KO'ing the opponents pokemon (thus no sheer cold, horn drill, fissure, guillotine)

-Sleep clause: only one pokemon on the opposing team may be asleep at a time

-Species clause: a player may not carry 2 pokemon that share a pokedex number (example: no 2 koffing on your team)

-Baton pass clause: teams may only contain one pokemon with the move baton pass and it may not have both a way to boost it's speed stat and another stat

-Battle timeout: if a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses

-Duplicate items: allowed

-A player may not change pokemon nor items during a round

-A player may not change pokemon between rounds (changing movesets /items is allowed)

-Uber tiered pokemon are banned.

-Battle style:
-format: singles 6v6
-level: set to 50
-battles: battles are best out of 3

-battle video's must be made when you've completed your battle and must be posted when reporting your matches

-when you contact your opponent you must have you FC and IGN in your signature or post them when you've contacted your opponent

SIGNED UP
Reisuke
Shad0wBlazze
MattaPod
Abk1997
locoghoul
dialganet
Karan
Fudgeythewhale
trikx_insane
Pink Floyd
Menezjul
Janji
IckyTv
Radd
joshbh

substitutes
Fluke
Dragonrotom
Scrying Stan
Sharpedoite

Prizes
None (yet)

if you have any questions, post here. Only pm me if you want to request an extension
Approved by: Mizuhime
Tournament director: Mizuhime
Image credit: Reisuke
Co-hosted by: Abk1997
(Wifi tourney rules)http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/wi-fi-tournaments-rules.3460958/

Last edited:
I might sign up, depending on how busy I will be the coming time. Put me on the list, and I'll reply asap whetter I'll be available or not.

dialganet

Banned deucer.
Sorry guys, but I have a few of questions.

1)
A player may not change pokemon nor items in a round

-A player may not change pokemon between rounds (changing movesets is allowed)
Since it's not stated in the second sentence but only in the first, does "changing movesets is allowed" include items? In the same boat (this is kind of a moot point, but I like preventing misunderstandings from happening), changing movesets includes using two different pokemon of the same species? (e.g. on Showdown, if I want to change from a special to a physical Altaria, I can use the same Altaria and just change is nature, but on wi fi I would need to have two different Altarias) I know they are two different pokemon, but they're also two different movesets of the same pokemon.

2)about the prize for the tournament winner... I can offer things from my thread (I'm already thinking I will lose ahah), if anyone helps me clone it.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, but I have a few of questions.

1)
Since it's not stated in the second sentence but only in the first, does "changing movesets is allowed" include items? In the same boat (this is kind of a moot point, but I like preventing misunderstandings from happening), changing movesets includes using two different pokemon of the same species? (e.g. on Showdown, if I want to change from a special to a physical Altaria, I can use the same Altaria and just change is nature, but on wi fi I would need to have two different Altarias) I know they are two different pokemon, but they're also two different movesets of the same pokemon.

2)about the prize for the tournament winner... I can offer things from my thread (I'm already thinking I will lose ahah), if anyone helps me clone it.
1.1) yeah it's not in there because chaning movesets includes items but i should make that clearer.
1.2) well with pokemon i just mean species (thus the spicie altaria in this case) so yeah that's fine.
2.0) i think i should add that i'm currently busy with receiving the prizes we've (me and abk1997) agreed on from abk1997. So no that's not needed (you're the second one to ask by the way). Thanks for the offer tho

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
just to be clear, you get to pick 6 pokemon and thats it, all the way thru the whole tourney. ex: the team i use in round one must be the same team i use the whole tourney, right?

just to be clear, you get to pick 6 pokemon and thats it, all the way thru the whole tourney. ex: the team i use in round one must be the same team i use the whole tourney, right?
Yep just like abk said. But you also may change items between rounds (so 6 mons throughout the tour and between rounds you can swap items/movesets if you wish)

Yep just like abk said. But you also may change items between rounds (so 6 mons throughout the tour and between rounds you can swap items/movesets if you wish)
just to be completely clear about this, can you change the natures/EVs? Or do you have to stick to the same physical pokemon (as in don't touch anything but moves and items)? Let's say I have a Timid flawless Latios on round 1. Can I change it to a Modest HP Fire Latios on round 2 with different items/moves?

just to be completely clear about this, can you change the natures/EVs? Or do you have to stick to the same physical pokemon (as in don't touch anything but moves and items)? Let's say I have a Timid flawless Latios on round 1. Can I change it to a Modest HP Fire Latios on round 2 with different items/moves?
(If you'd have read my quote to dialganet you wouldn't have to ask this) but yes that's allowed as long as you do not swap latios with latias for example.

Thus

You may change whatever you wish on your mon between rounds BUT it just has to be the same kind of mon (thus you've picked latios as member? Well it stays latios. Doesn't matter if it's timid or modest)

Hope I didn't ask the dumbest question, but since it says ubers are banned, can we use UU and below? Or do you just want everyone to use OU mons?

Hope I didn't ask the dumbest question, but since it says ubers are banned, can we use UU and below? Or do you just want everyone to use OU mons?
Abk1997 proposed that too me before i've put it up but we agreed not to do it.

So yeah UU and below's allowed. And don't worry everyone made dumb questions at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)