[OU] WTF, no lead?!?!

[OU] Greetings Team Rating experts~

Uh...hi. This my new team that needs some work, please take a look and rate!

Suggestions are appreciated :)

But here is the team!

Pokemon:

Lead Heatran / CB Scizor / Psys Def Zapdos / Spec Def Blissey / CS Vaporeon/ Phys Atk Gliscor

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Flash Fire / Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Fire Blast
~ Earth Power
~ Explosion

Lead Heatran is a decent enough suicide lead who has the element of surprise on his side. Fire Blast/ Earth Power are a powerful STAB move and a ground move which is always helpful. Stealth Rock is a huge part of the Metagame and Heatran is here to set it up.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician / Adamant
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Superpower
~ U-turn
~ Pursuit
~ Bullet Punch

Scizor is a monster found on most OU teams which now includes mine. Technician Bullet Punch is deadly even without the STAB Scizor has and has actually swept three Pokemon from one of my teams. U-Turn gets you out before trouble gets you and does some damage before fleeing. Heatran and Magnezone run away from the strength of Superpower. Pursuit hits switching Pokemon with power. EVs are just a plain 252/252 sweeper set.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure / Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Heat Wave
~ Roost
~ Substitute

This is a standard physically defensive Zapdos. Zapdos has only two weaknesses, has Roost for healing and Pressure to PP stall which makes her a great tank. Substitute makes it easier to switch and not let Zapdos get hit with status.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure / Calm
EVs: 252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
~ Wish
~ Softboiled
~ Flamethrower
~ Toxic

This is just a standard WishBliss. You should all know the deal, Softboiled when in need of a quick heal, Wish for other team members, Flamethrower when attacking is needed and Toxic is for unsteel type Pokemon that Flamethrower won't kill.

Vaporeon @ Choice Specs
Water Absorb / Modest
EVs: 188 Def / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Hidden Power Electric
~ Signal Beam

Vaporeon is a great addition to any team and this is no exeption. Surf is STAB and one to scare off Metagross, Skarmory, Infernape, and Heatran. Ice Beam is for Salamence and decent coverage. Signal Beam is for Ludicolo who walls Surf/Ice Beam/HP Electric. Hidden Power Electric is for opposing Water types.

Gliscor @ Yache Berry
Hyper Cutter / Jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Roost

Roost is to heal damage as I Swords Dance up for a sweep. Aerial Ace is for Heracross and Machamp and Earthquake is an excellent STAB move that no one else has but Heatran has Earth Power. Stone Edge with Earthquake is good coverage as well as being a strong move.

Threat List:

Bronzong: Zapdos(Heat Wave)

Salamence: Scizor(Bullet Punch)

Gyarados: Zapdos(Thunderbolt)

Scizor: Zapdos(Heat Wave)

Lucario: Zapdos(Heat Wave)

Azelf: Scizor(Bullet Punch)

Alakazam: Scizor(Bullet Punch)

Ninjask: Scizor(Bullet Punch)

Breloom: Zapdos(Heat Wave)

Celebi: Heatran(Flamethrower)

Blissey: Scizor(Superpower)

Zapdos: Blissey(Toxic etc)

Suicune:
Vaporeon(Water Absorb, HP Electric)

Gengar:
Scizor(Bullet Punch)

Weezing: Heatran(Flamethrower, resistances)

Dugtrio: Scizor(Bullet Punch)

Skarmory: Heatran(Flamethrower)

Tyranitar: Scizor(Bullet Punch)

Heracross: Zapdos(Heat Wave)

Latias: Scizor to an extent(Bullet Punch, U-Turn)

Cresselia: Scizor to an extent(Bullet Punch, U-Turn)

Magnezone: Zapdos to an extent(Heat Wave)

Heatran:
Heatran to an extent(Earth Power) but needs to be careful of opposing Earth Power

Dusknoir:
Scizor to an extent(Pursuit)

Machamp: Scizor to an extent(Bullet Punch)

Jirachi: Vaporeon to an extent(Surf)

Swampert: None(Help!)

So, that's my new team! I need a good lead that fits with the team so please, suggest something.

Thanks for reading!

Hi there!

Scizor isn't the greatest lead for your team. CB Scizor main function is to act as a scout with U-turn, revenge killer with Pursuit and late game sweeper with Bullet Punch. You shouldn't send in Scizor that early in the match. I suggest replacing him with Metagross or Azelf. They have good lead sets that let you easily set up Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is a very important tool in battling, as battles can be won or lost through Stealth Rock. You can keep Scizor, but put him somewhere else.

Zapdos or Vaporeon may have to change their moveset to a Special sweeper. You seem to be using a balanced team and balanced teams typically have two physical sweepers, two special sweepers, a physical wall and a special wall. Two physical walls are unnessesary. Keep either Zapdos for walling or Vappy for Wish passing. Let the other send out special attacks.

Aromatherepy on WishBliss may seem good on paper, but you should know that standard sets are standard for a reason. The main reason why Toxic is used with WishBliss with Flamethrower, is because Flamethrower can roast the Steel types that resist Toxic (except Heatran). Change the set to standard WishBliss or the cleric set. Use the cleric if you want Vappy using Wish, because two Wish users is a waste of moves.

Heatran with Hidden Power Grass is a pretty interesting method to take out the bulky waters that would otherwise ruin it. But once again, standard sets are standard for a reason. People use Dragon Pulse on Scarfran because it gives it perfect neutral coverage with Fire Blast and Earth Power. You don't really see bulky waters that much these days anyway. You can also try switching Scizor and Heatran's roles. The lead Heatran set is something you can try using.

I'm not quite sure what you want to do with Gliscor. Is he a mid-game or late-game sweeper? Your EVs suggest it's a Dancing Tank, meaning you should always have Roost and replace Aerial Ace with Stone Edge or Baton Pass.

Good luck with your team.

Swampert: Zapdos(HP Grass)
You do not have HP Grass. As such, Swampert can beat this team pretty single handedly.

Have you played with this team? The illegal moveset doesn't make it seem that way (Shoddy rejects it, and there's no way you got it ingame). Your threat list is also pretty hit or miss; one unorthadox moveset or your check is out of shape and you're in trouble. The more you play, the more you'll see these problems and you should be able to fix them naturally.

Vaporeon @ Choice Specs
Water Absorb / Modest
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spd
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Hidden Power Electric
~ Signal Beam

The Vaporeon doesn't seem to know what its role is. You've put specs on it, with not a single sp atk EV, which seems odd. May i recommend:

188 Def / 252 SpA / 68 Spe

Otherwise, it looks solid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)