Out of the Loop... An RMT With a NotSoClever Title

Yeah... I haven't been on Smogon for ... jeez 10 months!!! Damn you Brawl.

This means that I am trying to write an RMT with limited knowledge of what happened over the last few months. (what? Deoxys-S is OU?)

So, this is what I (literally) dreamed up while camping this last weekend. Standard rules apply.

LEAD:
Swampert @ Leftovers

Impish ~ 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk OR Bold ~ 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp Atk idk
Stealth Rock
Roar
Waterfall/Surf
Stone Edge/Hp Electric

Standard. 'Nuff said. Runs Stone Edge/HP Electric solely for Gyarados leads

Lucario @ Life Orb

Jolly ~ 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Crunch

Not much needs to be said... except that he is the pure embodiment of awesome. I decided to run an SD/LO set because of SS immunity and the measly 3% from SR.

Azelf @ Choice Specs

Naive~36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Explosion
Psychic
Flamethrower
Grass Knot

Literally copy-paste from the Smogon text. However, I don't like Life Orb. Stacked onto common SS and SR, Azelf is laughed at...

Umbreon @ Leftovers

Calm...I think ~ 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp Def
HP Fire/Ground/Fight
Baton Pass
Toxic
Mean Look

My support. I love Umbreon, so I really don't want to take him out of the team. Trappasser with the advantage of surprising steels that try to switch in on Toxic.

Jirachi@ Leftovers

Modest~252 HP / 4 Sp Def / 252 SpA
Icy Wind
Thunderbolt
Wish
U-Turn

Wish support with dragon killing capabilities. REALLY experimental set... 2kos Salamence, and runs enough speed to guarantee the 2ko on it. Garchomp fares little better, ~80% of getting 2ko. Worse if LO or SR hits. (Scarf nullifies this)

With that said, does anyone have a Modest Icy Wind (Emerald Tutor) Jirachi with a decent Speed IV (I don't care about the rest)

Blissey @ Leftovers

Modest ~ 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SpA
Ice Beam
Siesmic Toss
Thunder Wave
Softboiled

Hard to argue that Blissey is the best, even though everyone hates her. Standard, spread-status.

The reason I am posting this RMT is to (aside from winning more battles on Shoddy) reduce the amount of work I need to do to port it to my Diamond game. All criticism is welcome. Thanks.

Interesting trivia: I use 2 pokes from every generation except the first.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Heracross is gonna be a pain in the ass to this team, being able to take out all your 3 walls, with no real physical wall in it.

I would consider a Gliscor over Umbreon for the team, I don't see Umbreon doing much with this team, and nothing much in D/P. You will lose use Wish, and you lack a Deoxys-S "counter", this is where Jirachi does an amazing job, having Wish to benefit the team, and have a pretty resistant Deoxys counter with it's handy type. With Gliscor, you should be able to take on CB Tyranitar and SD Lucario, which both this pokemon would be problems with.

Honestly, you should just go with the Sword Dance set on Lucario, it works better and Lucario can't afford to be a lead, as Gyarados will Intimidate it and set up with no problems. Blissey should be standard, with some Thunderwave possibly, to help out the team. I'm worried how you deal with Mamoswine, but seeing how you have a Defensive swampert, it would take care of it somewhat, and can be a effective lead aswell.

With the changes of this team, you become weak to MixApe, kind of rare, but is still seen. You could always try a Calm Zapdos over Blissey, which fixes up the MixApe and Gengar weaks, which can take special hits amazingly, and being a reliable RestTalker, try it over Blissey. Hope I helped, and here are the moveset for Zapdos I would recommend;

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/16 Spd/240 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost / Rest
- Light Screen / Sleep Talk

taken directly from Taylor. If you need any other movesets, feel pree to ask in the reply you make.

Okay, I will replace Lucario with a sd set. Care to suggest one?

I'll lead with Swampert and replace Avalanche with HP Electric for Gyarados.

I really don't want to replace Umbreon because he is very good IMO. I have won many battles with him, plus he is my favorite. I am, however, going to use Umby with Mean Look, Baton Pass, Toxic, and HP Fire, as a trapper and to spread status.

For Blissey, I'll run wish/Ice Beam, seismic toss, softboiled, and twave. In D/P/P, how do you get Wish Bliss?

Still, I need Gliscor somewhere...

EDIT~ Yikes! I didn't even notice Umbreon's EV spread, as that is certainly NOT what I run in Shoddy. I run max DEFENSE, not Sp Def. That would make a difference...

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
In Wi-Fi, the only way to get it is a Event, in Shoddy, it's gonna be implemented on the "Smogon University" server, not the official server, I may be wrong though.

Lucario;

Lucario @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus / Stead Fast
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Nature: Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch

I run Jolly to outspeed other Lucarios and Mamoswines, but it's just me, Adamant works very well too, and it's recommended.

Thanks a lot.

Since this is going to be a wifi team eventually, I am going to run Ice Beam over wish.

Which, sadly, leaves me without Wish support.

Can Jirachi fit in here somewhere?

Maybe Ice Punch, Wish, Zen Headbutt, U-Turn over Cress, as they both take out the dragons nicely. (Cress has levitate, but Jirachi has better typing).

Oops... wasn't paying attention with Jirachi.

Swampert will probably run EITHER special OR physical. It boils down to which does the most damage. If mixed works better, then that will be the way I go, but I would like an opinion on this.

In other words, how does Swampert stack up the best vs Bronzong, Gengar, Gyarados, and other popular leads with which set?

24 hour bump again. Is there a limit to how many times you can do this?

After testing and an interesting discussion on Shoddy on his viability in Ubers, I have decided that Empoleon would be better than Swampert. (Especially since it is outclassed by Garchomp in terms of bulkiness, but has slightly better typing and Garchomp has better things to do, Swampert doesn't.)

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Calm~252 HP/252 Sp Def/4 Sp Atk
Surf
HP Electric
Stealth Rock
Roar

0 Sp Atk Empoleon damage calcs (Key: HP/Sp Def EVs):
HP Electric-
BulkyGyara (as in analysis): 58.44% - 68.83%
0/0 Salamence: nothing... can't counter this set. Okay: 20.24% - 23.87%

Surf-
0/0 Gengar:55.17% - 64.75%
252/172 Hippowdon (Curse-set worst case): 57.38% - 67.38%
252/128 Bronzong: 26.63% - 31.36%
0/0 Tyranitar:66.86% - 78.59%
240/184 Tyranitar (Lead Tar set): 47.28% - 55.69%
The only issue with the last two calcs is that Metalkid's calculator does not factor in the SS boost to Sp Def... Which multiplies it by x1.5 (and I don't want to figure it out right now... it's a 2ko on 0/0 but a 3-4ko on the lead set)
252/252 Zapdos: 32.29% - 38.02% (not really worth it, just ask to die will you...)

Attacking Empoleon (Choice Items was not factored in, all scenarios calculated by worst-case, meaning 252 ATK +nature):
using Earthquake:
Bronzong: 55.91% - 65.86%
Tyranitar: 73.92% - 86.83%
Hippowdon: 97.85% - 115.05%
Gyarados: 70.16% - 82.80%
Salamence: 74.19% - 87.37%
Aerodactyl: 62.37% - 73.39%
Garchomp: 108.33% - 127.42%

This might warrent max Def instead of Sp Def

Other calcs (once again, assuming 252 +nature):
Gengar using Focus Blast: 46.24% - 54.30%
-using Thunderbolt: 36.83% - 43.28%
Zapdos using Thunderbolt: 53.23% - 62.63% (though, running 252 +nature is very rare)
Roserade using HP Electric (for the heck of it):26.34% - 31.18%

EDIT~ oops... didn't put in the 252 evs into SP ATK (they were still in Atk when I ran them). This is not good.

Now that I did these (feel free to ask for more), I feel that maxing Def while keeping the nature will help (there are a lot more physical leads than special leads).

Without Ice Beam, Grass types will wall it, but without a good hidden power (not fire!) or Earthquake, can't do much back. Also, Dragons lol at this set.

Let me know what you think.

EDIT~ More thoughts: There is a Defensive Zapdos set in the analysis. Should I go with that instead (if Empoleon sucks too much)?

idk how much u experimented with icy wind jirachi but i tried it awhile ago and i really liked the surprise and payoff of it, its actually pretty solid so if u were still not sure about it id say it works pretty well when in the right situation

you dont really have any special sweepers besides azelf who cant really sweep a whole team due to choice specs, yanmega kills umbreon,will beat swampert at the start, and kills azelf while getting a speed boost, it can beat most of your pokes 1 v 1 if hypnosis can hit, i guess blissey can wall it but it may get put to sleep

I apologize Taylor, I didn't realize that you couldn't bump every 24 hours.

7. [regarding bumping in the rmt rules thread] If no one at all comments on your RMT for around 24 hours, feel free to bump it. After that, do not bump it again unless you are making significant changes. "Stealth Bumps" will not be tolerated. Moderators and Administrators can see your deleted posts, so do yourself and us a favor and don't even attempt this.
An entire pokemon is a significant change.

@thechocolatebunny, yeah I know, but Choice Specs hits hard. Yanmega is done in by Honchkrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)