Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Omg I know I've been posting here a lot but I found an AMAZING video that really helped me get a better idea of the kinds of things to be keeping in mind while playing

This video has helped me a ton even just in the games I've played since watching it. The focus on positioning, asking yourself who has ult, and just really good game sense displayed has been super helpful to me. The thing about asking yourself "who has ults" especially. It's mostly an intuition thing for me, and I'm not perfect, but just thinking "x has y ult now or soon has helped me to dodge some gravitons and earth shatters.

Idk I just thought some other people might find this as helpful as I did. I think now I have a better understanding of how I should be thinking.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm steadily climbing right now, may achieve GM eventually. Ana is beyond broken, there is literally no reason not to run her on all matches. That's why I'm playing either her o Lúcio now lol

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm steadily climbing right now, may achieve GM eventually. Ana is beyond broken, there is literally no reason not to run her on all matches. That's why I'm playing either her o Lúcio now lol
Ana is literally the reason four tank exists, they can't Nerf her but they need to introduce a support for DPS what she does for tanks

Edit:
Not sure how to do that, constant damage aura would only benefit Ana comps

they can very easily nerf her because she's beyond broken

- grenade = 50% debuff, 50% buff
- less damage per shot, 8 ammo per clip
- sleep dart has higher cooldown
- less damage reduction on ult

if you do all of this she will STILL be good and not as busted.

HailFall

I think ana ult is fine right now, the speed boost removal made it a lot less ridiculous and it is an ult.

The changes to the gun and nade are ok, not sure if she really needs the damage nerf but her healing with nade is definitely too good. Less shots would give her less sustain heal power so I agree with that.

Sleep dart is fine imo 12 seconds is a fine cooldown time and she's not like keeping it on cd anyways.

I think her healing is really the crux of the issue. If she's pocketing something it's practically invincible. When you think of say, mercy, whose kit is basically heal and rez, I don't think ana who has that much more utility in her kit should be able to totally outdo her in the healing department like she does now. Hopefully nerfing ana's sustain will help give mercy some tiny little bit of viability, though I think even after that she would still need more help.

Speaking of mercy, I really wish she had like 50% damage boost. That could help to break tank meta. Some people don't like this because of 210 dmg mccree headshot and 180 dmg widow body shot but honestly with dva being so good I'm not sure it's the biggest issue.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it's slight exaggeration to run Ana full time :p Running non-Ana lineups is perfectly fine and doable, just that it requires a different approach more in line with the older metas. Anyway, Ana's overtly strong healing has become such a crutch to some players that they rely on the high heal output to sustain their overly aggressive play styles that rightfully should be punished for but Ana covers their mistakes :/ If/when Ana gets her heal rate toned done, definitely will be seeing some people dying a lot more.

they can very easily nerf her because she's beyond broken

- grenade = 50% debuff, 50% buff
- less damage per shot, 8 ammo per clip
- sleep dart has higher cooldown
- less damage reduction on ult

if you do all of this she will STILL be good and not as busted.
I quite like the most of the suggestions you mentioned. Sleep Dart is a reallyyyyy strong(est) ability though I'm not too sure if changing the CD is the best way to approach it. It makes sense though. I've seen suggestion to reduce the sleep duration. Probably one of the least to worry about but increasing CD wouldn't be bad either so Ana doesn't just randomly spam it into choke just because she knows nothing can punish her for the next 12s. It's kinda dumb in its own sense to be able to do that too. 12s CD isn't that hard to manage, so pretty justifiable.

Damage resistance does make tanks, especially D.Va pretty much next to unkillable. Probably it shouldn't stack with Armor HP and maybe that's about it ? Nano Genji is annoying cos you can't really kill them but that's also what makes Nano strong on 200HP heroes I guess. Also apparently Genji is literally unkillable when Nano Deflecting haha.

Anyhow, yes Ana is pretty ridiculous atm, definitely need some nerfing. Heck they buffed her strongest ability the grenade for whatever reason. Besides changing how her grenade works, I also would like to consider alternatives like significantly increasing the cooldown to like 15-18s ? I occasionally bait grenades just so I get that window of 5s to squeeze a Transcendence in lols. Definitely would be a cool alternative though probably not the best one. They can also revert the radius back to the original lol. You used to only be able to nade like 1-2 people even in a choke and now it just hits freaking everybody. I like its original version because it was more skillshot and less dumb. It also gives flankers more area to work with since Ana doesn't as reliably nade both of them in a 1v1 fight. Like Genji can more properly just stay the heck out of range unless Ana decides not to heal herself lols.

Ana would probably need a combination of some nerfs, hopefully soon. This is a pretty annoying meta lols. There's more viable heroes but at the cost of having an even more horrid standard meta rip :S She herself resets fights so disgustingly quickly ever since S1.

I think ana ult is fine right now, the speed boost removal made it a lot less ridiculous and it is an ult.

The changes to the gun and nade are ok, not sure if she really needs the damage nerf but her healing with nade is definitely too good. Less shots would give her less sustain heal power so I agree with that.

Sleep dart is fine imo 12 seconds is a fine cooldown time and she's not like keeping it on cd anyways.

I think her healing is really the crux of the issue. If she's pocketing something it's practically invincible. When you think of say, mercy, whose kit is basically heal and rez, I don't think ana who has that much more utility in her kit should be able to totally outdo her in the healing department like she does now. Hopefully nerfing ana's sustain will help give mercy some tiny little bit of viability, though I think even after that she would still need more help.

Speaking of mercy, I really wish she had like 50% damage boost. That could help to break tank meta. Some people don't like this because of 210 dmg mccree headshot and 180 dmg widow body shot but honestly with dva being so good I'm not sure it's the biggest issue.
It's not just her healing though, her heal block is a really huge aspect as well. Whichever Ana lands the heal block basically wins the fight most of the time. And Ana's base kit utility is >>>>>>>> Mercy's. Definitely would help Mercy shine a bit more if Ana didn't heal as ridiculously.

Also eh, a flat 50% damage amp isn't a way to break tank meta. Also it's not a good thing in general because it breaks damage numbers, McCree example yea. But even standard 120 -> 180 rockets are pretty disgusting because chip damage basically means you still mostly 1 shot things. 160 is still okay. It recently happened in PTR where Mercy got 50% damage amp for a short period of time lol and nobody liked it either. D.Va isn't really a mitigation factor here. Zen's 50% Discord was really strong for that period where he got buffed to 200HP. Anyway, damage amping is the least of Mercy's kit worries.

--

And I didn't notice we already exceeded 1k posts :O!!!!!!! edit: OMG ZEN SKIN WHAT HAVE U BECOME

edit2: Symmetra changes have hit live fsr... Lol... okay. Also headshot ding sounds seems to not work sometimes.

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I just saw a Junkrat one-trick that got a high of 4000 something. His high last season was 3.3. He was completely useless and didn't switch against a Pharah that destroyed the whole team. He said he was carrying us and that it was my job (Ana) to kill Pharah while his Soldier friend did nothing. Jesus.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You want me to take the cake? I just played with a dude who was complaining about me picking Ana as a "defensive support when she's clearly an offence support." He yelled at me all game for not healing him while I was getting ganked by Genji with no help and then called me useless with 10k healing (24% total damage). I was actually livid.

Edit:
Also only healer

Joim

Pixels matter
I love the new Symmetra. I've played several matches on my alt with her and it's so damn fun, also shield generator is kinda OP in 2cp lol. After I hit GM on my main (if Nayrz can everyone can) I'll go full Sym main :^)

HailFall

Yes omfg. Widow highlight intro is a straight 10/10. I was kind of hoping she would get a Grinch skin or something lol but this makes up for it.

I'm kind of afraid to play comp in case I get attack sym on my team lol >.> I like most of her changes but I will say the photon barrier feels kinda clunky. I'm not sure she's quite there yet. Her turrets still feel very weak to me.

Joim

Pixels matter
It's simple. Right now, with the 25 extra hp from the beginning gone, Symmetra's presence is underwhelming the first minute of the match. In defense, the time you need to get your ult up is crucial - you better use the photon shield well to protect teammates, because the offensive pressure is great and you aren't providing that much utility/damage to prevent them from advancing easily until the shield generator is up. On offense, it's much easier to spam at chokes, get ult charged in about 30 seconds, and start having strong pushes with teamwide +75hp, in which the lack of either heals or focused dps is offset by the sheer advantage of numbers. Once shield generator is rolling, in attack you always have it and you can easily snowball your offense, whereas in defense you have to defend it from flankers (mainly D.Va), build ult again which makes your team vulnerable, and be careful as you can't escape threats. Holding six turrets makes setting up the next defense point easier, though.

jesus lol they're letting everyone into gm these days
LUL

Symmetra attack is still troll tier (it might work on paper but good luck not getting flamed to hell and back for it until pros do it - solo q is tilt management!) but symm defense is enough aids to make it viable... just make sure the solo healer is competent at positioning. Or maybe she replaces 76 in the 3 tank lineup but that ditches ranged dps which is what 76 is doing there... so that leaves either going 1/2/3 or going 3 tanks with ana/symm as supports on 2cp defenses which I've seen a couple times so far. It will end up figured out because Symmetra is likely to take 2cp and turn it into a free win like Mei did pre-nerf.

Joim

Pixels matter
You're absolutely right, I won the 3 matches in which my teammates didn't tilt ("trust me, I'll change if it doesn't work", etc), lost the one in which they insta titlted and the draw was so-so.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's simple. Right now, with the 25 extra hp from the beginning gone, Symmetra's presence is underwhelming the first minute of the match. In defense, the time you need to get your ult up is crucial - you better use the photon shield well to protect teammates, because the offensive pressure is great and you aren't providing that much utility/damage to prevent them from advancing easily until the shield generator is up. On offense, it's much easier to spam at chokes, get ult charged in about 30 seconds, and start having strong pushes with teamwide +75hp, in which the lack of either heals or focused dps is offset by the sheer advantage of numbers. Once shield generator is rolling, in attack you always have it and you can easily snowball your offense, whereas in defense you have to defend it from flankers (mainly D.Va), build ult again which makes your team vulnerable, and be careful as you can't escape threats. Holding six turrets makes setting up the next defense point easier, though.
Erm rofl I have no idea where you get the impression that offense can spam choke more easily than defense. Probably people on defense playing dumb I guess that's why. Sure offensive Shield Gen positions are harder to kill probably as long as you don't get wiped, but that's about it. D.Va isn't even the main flanker to worry about as Sym rofl. She's a really easy target to punish if she goes for your Sym ult and she can't shoot while flying so you can also spare a few turrets to prevent her from doing that. Anyway D.Va really has no business flying into to find the tele/sg. If she doesn't die before reaching it, something is very wrong here. Honestly just worry about Sombra/Tracer, and maybe Genji that's all. The rest don't actually pose a threat to defensive tele/sg. Anyway, defensive Sym > offensive Sym still holds. If offense Sym gets ult first then lol the defending Sym is not worthy unless there's some serious feeding going on in defense.

LUL

Symmetra attack is still troll tier (it might work on paper but good luck not getting flamed to hell and back for it until pros do it - solo q is tilt management!) but symm defense is enough aids to make it viable... just make sure the solo healer is competent at positioning. Or maybe she replaces 76 in the 3 tank lineup but that ditches ranged dps which is what 76 is doing there... so that leaves either going 1/2/3 or going 3 tanks with ana/symm as supports on 2cp defenses which I've seen a couple times so far. It will end up figured out because Symmetra is likely to take 2cp and turn it into a free win like Mei did pre-nerf.
Wouldn't recommend ditching S76 in triple tank defense, at some maps at the least. Giving too much freedom to Pharah etc is never a good thing on defense. The easiest comparison would be to replace Mei, who does kinda take half a DPS/tank slot. Solo heal can be done, as long as Sym babysits the healer aka Ana.

--

As with PTR, shield and WM1 is still the scariest thing ever :D lmao.

Joim

Pixels matter
Defense are indeed playing dumb and stay in the choke shields up eating rmb attacks :p
D.Va can reliably get on the backlines and survive whether she fails or succeeds, but yeah, your team should be bad to allow her to do so. Are you sure you're gonna get a team able to shut D.Va down, though? :P
Genji is a non-problem, he gets melted solely by the turret nest on the shield generator. It's basically Tracer who can reliably shut down Symmetra.

HailFall

How viable do you guys think zarya is now? She's obviously not really bad but to me dva feels like generally the better pick. I've found dva's tanking capabilities to be in most situations better than zarya's, due to how she can just completely shut down a dps on the enemy team (unless you're really struggling with a roadhog or whatever else and want a counter pick ofc). She's also good against the cheese people like to run in low plat like junkrat torb and bastion. I just haven't seen much compelling reason to pick her over dva before you see what the opponent's are running.

Btw is there any way to deal with pharah that doesn't rely on dps that can aim ;-; soldiers in my elo can't aim and I find I'm having to be killing them more as ana than the actual dps. Pharah are often big issues for my teams but I'm not sure what can be done. We had mccree + soldier one game and still lost to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)