Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been lowering my sens slowly, but I used to play with like no mouse space, lol. Also I mained Scout :p Only averaged around 60% acc with scatter in MGE though, so yeah lol

Also the OW wiki generally updates with patches within a day of them going live, the sym rework etc are already up
Gosh maining Scout with that sens. At least he doesn't headshot I guess? Could get quite disorientating and a lot of discipline to not over aim haha. Lowering your sens and it's still that high haha :p might as well just take a dive and just double (half?) it.

That website though is laden with so many ads and scripts that it immediately eats like 50% CPU with just 3 tabs :( same reason I completely stopped using Gosu. Info seems about right though. Doesn't have some of those hidden mechanics like how long Zen can't shoot after alt firing though. So there's that. But w/e minor stuff.

--

COMICCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TF2 comic when?? Also hidden nuances etc in comic.

Rip pharmercy ships

Genji clearly has mercy wrapped around his blade if ya know what I mean

But does zen approve tho

On a more serious note, is Zenyatta worth learning? Right now the only healers I can play effectively are Lucio and Ana, because I hate playing mercy due to her pretty one-dimensional gameplay

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
if youre interested in learning zen go ahead. discord helps a lot for dealing with tanks. the main issue with him right now is the opportunity cost of not running ana since shes broken even after the heavy nerfs shes experienced but hes not bad or anything. Ana can also toss a nade into zen transcendence and deny the healing which kinda sucks especially if youre relying on it to live through a graviton or something.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rip pharmercy ships

Genji clearly has mercy wrapped around his blade if ya know what I mean

But does zen approve tho

On a more serious note, is Zenyatta worth learning? Right now the only healers I can play effectively are Lucio and Ana, because I hate playing mercy due to her pretty one-dimensional gameplay
Zen main ever since launch 150HP era B) Yea definitely. Anyway don't learn things just because meta and stuff. Also gosh I find Mercy more fun than Lucio lol. Wall riding is a pain literally my fingers hurt from spamming whatever happens to be my bind for jump on Lucio >_>

ANYWAY, yea Zen is definitely worth. His heal isn't really great lol but he's good that you can throw safe heals from a distance but more importantly you need to be able to deal damage with him and Discord properly. Especially with tank meta right now if the enemy team doesn't know to dive Zen then yepppppp free damage and kills everywhere. I personally don't care about meta and like to anti-meta myself by playing Zen and he can still pretty much wreck tanks if you know how to fight them and when to avoid them. Zen is a support that absolutely has to go for frags or damage to be worth running. You need to cut fights as short as possible so that your lower heal rate doesn't become a liability.

As much as opportunity cost go, most of the time it's Ana + Zen. Zen Lucio works but only for like hyper aggressive styles which tbf will never happen unless in a coordinated team. Losing speed boost on defense isn't that bad of a trade so yea. Sometimes people even run Ana Zen on offense but it's okay too. He's good in his kit wise, and also fun to play so why not :D

Anyhow I'm a very kill happy support main so Zen floats my boat, it probably does for you too. Just know that you have to 360 pretty often as Zen and keep track of flankers cos his hitbox means that he gets one-clipped very easily. As long as you have the advantage of having the initiation you have a pretty good chance. Have fun murdering tanks and stuff yep.

(Also screw Ana nade having a bigger radius for the n-th time. Also Ana was never ever nerfed tbh lol)

e: new patch notes, literally just fixing Sym building in spawn and perma Sombra hacked packs.

Last edited:
Honestly Zenyatta's Discord Orb is very good against D.va right now, so I think he is definitely worth learning :) even if Lucio / Ana are technically better atm.

HailFall

comp is progressively becoming a worse and worse experience for me. I keep getting matched with hanzo + widow duo queuers (it happened literally 3 times today) who despite always being different groups always act like complete assholes and blame everyone but themselves for losses and then teammates who decide to throw to prove some point to the widow + hanzo players and just ugh its a terrible experience. That kind of thing just makes it so that im not even really happy about it when i win, just relieved i didnt have to go though that again... Ive also started to get matched with these diamond players (whove dropped like 500 sr and arent even really diamond) that think they know better than everyone in plat and treat anyone with a plat icon like trash and just????? This has been happening for days now i honestly dont know what to do in situations like this its just fucking depressing. Gold was legitimately more enjoyable than going through this shit every few games. the toxicity level has just gone through the roof the last couple days. I try to stay positive and do my best to contribute positively to the team and get us to work together but its not that easy when you have this constant negativity surrounding you. im not even really dropping sr just dealing with that shit drives me insane
/rant

HailFall

Idk if anyone else noticed this but it made me kinda sad. You gotta wonder if widow somehow actually feels regret. It seems that even if she murdered him because of the brainwashing she still loves him. This is further supported by the interaction between her and ana where ana says "Gerard was a fool to love someone like you" and she responds "you don't know anything about him". Wonder if this is a hint that widow will be getting more lore stuff sometime soon.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You know what's a bad experience in comp? Play your best, be patient, get up over 100 SR again including a couple of lost matches. Two wins to get GM, in a 2-0 koth. All looks fine. Then, our Zarya starts afking every now and then. Match is lost. Subsequently, every match is a crush against your side due to people unable to play at the level they should be playing in high masters, getting back to slightly less SR you began the day with after 6 hours. Fuck.

How long does it usually take to rank up?

I've been playing Overwatch since Beta but I avoid comp play in season 1 and was mostly playing Skyrim during season 2, so I don't have much competitive experience. Got off to a bad start in placement matches when my controller batteries died about one minute in and my spares were dead. Ended up 3-6-1 with the majority of my losses being total massacres, where my team sometimes struggled to push out of spawn. Ended up in Silver with around 1900 points. I went 3-1 in my next four games so now I'm Gold rank. I'm shooting for platinum because it seems like a respectable rank, and I'm pretty sure I can make it.

Other than the fact it's easier to get totally trashed as a team sometimes I've really enjoyed comp. It takes way more team coordination than quick play which is a nice change of pace, even though it's usually only me or one other guy on team chat. I've seen a lot of people complain about it being super toxic but at least low rank it hasn't been too bad, although yeah sometimes I can still tell my team is going to lose from the moment we pick teams. My best hero is easily D. Va, who I bizarrely didn't use until game 9 of the placement matches, probably because I was burnt out on her from too much quick play. Otherwise I'm good with Reaper (love ganking me some healers) and Ana (no head shots means I can use her effectively lol). I've started watching pros on youtube or twitch and and it's helped me improve a lot. It's pretty crazy seeing someone use Pharah, my most played quick play hero, in ways I honestly couldn't have imagined.

bluegrass I placed 2400 season 2, shot up to 2900 pretty quickly, from there I would generally stay in a ranking range of 100 up and down for about a week or two before moving up by ~200 points and staying in that range. Currently I'm 3536 or something like that.

Really though the more you play the more you'll rise (even if it takes awhile to do so) unless you play when you're tilted / super tired or you play in a group of people who aren't very good. My biggest tip is to not worry if you drop like 150 - 200 points in a day, it's happened to me before a couple of times and I've been able to climb back up (and then some) each time.

As for D.va / Reaper / Ana they're all quite good, although Reaper becomes less good if the enemy is running D.va because of her defense matrix. D.va / Ana are both top 5 in the game rn so I think they're great comp picks. I'd recommend trying to find high-level gameplay of said heroes, or tip guides on Youtube, a lot of time you get repeated information but sometimes you learn something new which can be very helpful. I recommend Tempo Storm Overwatch for good videos on specific characters.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One time I dropped to 1400 while I was shit faced but then the next day I went up to 2200. It really is a team, mind focused, game so tilt, exhaustion, or intoxication will really fuck with you

sandshrewz

POTATO
I'm quite liking playing Pharah in this tank meta. Tanks are easy to melt though at the same time easily healed as well. I did say before I didn't quite like the Pharah changes especially the knock back but whatever I think I just got more used to just not disrupting aim with splash knock back and instead go for the first shot being a direct which still has pretty good knock back. So from splash direct splash it's more of direct splash splash, for 3HKOs anyway.

Also the only thing I fear while playing Pharah is Roadhog tbh... There's no such thing as flying away from a hook if you happen to meet him in hook range randomly, whereas I can still fight hitscans 1v1 or nope outta there. Hog simply doesn't give you the option, you just die :(

Should I consider playing Pharah in comp? I'm pretty confident and disrespect hitscan players most of the time anyway by either bombing them faster than they can kill me or I just fight outside their range. Unless they can kill me faster in 2-4s then I'd reconsider. Pharah is so fun tho :C oh but Shield Gen HP really messes with Pharah killing people that you need to double direct or triple direct the squishies >_>

And had some fun winning air fights against another Pharah. Only lost one air fight today so yay ! zere can be only one~ projectiles are just fun for me in general I guess, haha not sure if other people share the same sentiments. Partly because air shots with projectiles feel so much more rewarding?? haha. I also wish the cooldown on concussion would be lower but it could get dumb hehe but mah mobility tho.

Rocket jumps or some similar forms of it are still the most fun form of mobility. There's only Shift E, basic rocket jump, and E wall/floor jump in OW but still good enough !!

So I've noticed that a lot of high elo Ana players tend to play her more like a sniper, finding the high ground and staying far back behind her team to avoid enemy fire yet still healing her teammates. Problem for me is that I have a shitty laptop and it's hard to aim with 25 fps >.> so I end up staying just behind and pocket healing usually, using my scope only for teammates like pharah or getting off some damage behind a Reinhardt barrier. Is there an optimum way to play her? Or is what I'm doing okay? Every time I try to play the more sniper role I end up getting instaflanked and killed and I miss 90% of my shots :/ then again this is gold elo so take my words with a grain of salt.

Also to add, I sometimes have trouble deciding who to boost on my team, say we have a Reinhardt who has ultimate up but is providing a barrier for the team that is important for pushing / defending, vs a soldier who doesn't have ult. What do? I guess I just need more clear guidelines on when and who to boost.

HailFall

So I've noticed that a lot of high elo Ana players tend to play her more like a sniper, finding the high ground and staying far back behind her team to avoid enemy fire yet still healing her teammates. Problem for me is that I have a shitty laptop and it's hard to aim with 25 fps >.> so I end up staying just behind and pocket healing usually, using my scope only for teammates like pharah or getting off some damage behind a Reinhardt barrier. Is there an optimum way to play her? Or is what I'm doing okay? Every time I try to play the more sniper role I end up getting instaflanked and killed and I miss 90% of my shots :/ then again this is gold elo so take my words with a grain of salt.

Also to add, I sometimes have trouble deciding who to boost on my team, say we have a Reinhardt who has ultimate up but is providing a barrier for the team that is important for pushing / defending, vs a soldier who doesn't have ult. What do? I guess I just need more clear guidelines on when and who to boost.
I think what youre doing is fine. Playing her too far back away from your team can make you a much easier target for stuff like winston or a flanker. There are some areas where playing her further back is acceptable, but i dont think what youre doing is anything wrong.

Nano is very much something that comes down to your own judgment as an ana player, theres no exact rules of when to use it (though you should try to have a general idea of which ults youll be looking to use when you enter a team fight). I will say, though, that i wouldnt give nano to rein before hes already charged or used his ult. If he gets a nice pin but the entire enemy team starts swarming him, you can pop nano to both keep him alive and most likely win the team fight. If hes already used earthshatter, you can nano him to help confirm frags and make sure his ult was impactful. If you nano a rein when he's still far back without any clear targets to start swinging at, the opponents can just run away due to the removal of speed boost on nano so its not really effective anymore.

from my experience, these are ur nano targets

best: genji with ult, reaper (with or without ult), soldier 76 with ult, roadhog with ult, winston, and symmetra

ok: mccree with ult, pharah with ult, tracer, bastion with ult, dva, rein, zarya

dont nano: anything else

maybe you could nano molten core torb too i guess, his alt fire does a shitload of damage as it is so it would be even stronger. Havent tried it more than a couple times so idk.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

I only ult Rein if he used his ult and caught like 3 ppl he can't kill all by himself and no one else is there to immediately capitalize, or if Rein is already surrounded by enemies and they're already in his hammer range.

Other than that I save my ult until Genji, Soldier, or Roadhog ult and I give it to them. If we don't have Soldier or Roadhog then it's usually rein, dva, or a high energy zarya. If Pharah is being pocketed by Mercy and she gets a nano then a direct rocket hit does 234 dmg. Instakills any squishy and shreds tanks. that's a good thing to keep in mind.

What HailFall posted is a good guideline, but I'd never ult tracer personally unless it's overtime and she's the only one on point. Boosting Lucio to stall is also a legit thing to waste time lol, but again only if he's the only one on point.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Higher ELO Anas go to high ground alone (something I don't often agree with) because they have Soldier next to them controlling it to protect them, but it's much more common to see a deathball positioning where Ana is behind but close for fast grenades.

Also, how to tilt McCree in two steps:
1. https://clips.twitch.tv/joimow/HilariousGiraffePipeHype
2. https://clips.twitch.tv/joimow/AggressiveEchidnaFrankerZ
oh man what a retarded mccree lmao, his positioning was just awful in both clips, not to mention the first ult was absolutely terrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)