PartingVoltTurn (Peaked at 1765)

landorus.gif manectric-mega.gif rotom-wash.gif pangoro.gif scizor.gif mew.gif
So I know what you may be thinking. This team definitely doesn't look threatening enough to be used in OU, let alone against teams in the top 500. I originally made this team as a joke, I thought it would be fun to use and annoying to play against a team where every Pokemon has either U-turn, Volt Switch, or Parting Shot. The thing that makes this team so good is that you are constantly putting pressure on your opponent. They have to either predict you to stay in and risk getting knocked out or taking a lot of damage, or they can switch out and risk you gaining momentum with one of your switching moves. If you still don't believe in the power of this team, check out these replays against other players in the top 500 of the OU ladder:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-107349730
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-107415366

645.png

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
This Landorus pretty much does what Landorus does. He has a great base speed of 101, which allows him to outspeed anything in the base 100 tier, including both of the Mega Zards. He also has a good base special attack stat of 115 and base attack of 125, which are both backed by Sheer Force and Life Orb. Earth Power is his STAB move which hits like a truck on anything that isn't a pink blob or can't be hit by ground moves. Psychic is another great move for threats like Conkeldurr, Mega Venusaur, or anything that EP can't touch. Rock Slide is a decent move for killing Zard Y, Talonflame on the switch, and Mega Pinsir but I'm probably going to replace it with Sludge Wave because it doesn't do much besides that. U-turn is his switching move which is great for baiting in Latias or Latios and hitting them hard and then swapping to Scizor who can Pursuit trap them.

310-m.png

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod/Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Manectric is my team's mega evolution. I honestly don't understand why this guy is still in UU. He has a powerful base special attack of 135, which makes him just as powerful of Alakazam. He is also insanely fast with a base speed stat of 135. His ability, Intimidate, works amazingly well on this team because you can predict a physical attacker to come in, and then VoltTurn into Manectric and drop their attack. He has pretty good synergy with Scizor and Pangoro because he can bait in the pink blobs and then Volt Switch into one of the two powerful physical attackers.

479-w.png

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
Rotom-W is one of the most used Pokemon in the OU tier and he fits well on pretty much any team. He is my team's physical wall, and there's honestly not much to say about this guy because it's pretty self explanatory. He can take physical hits pretty well, cripple them with Will-O-Wisp, and Rest when he reaches low health. His main attacking move is Hydro Pump and his switching move is Volt Switch. He is also a solid counter to Talonflame and Mega Pinsir.

675.png

Pangoro @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Storm Throw
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Parting Shot
Don't underestimate this panda just because he is an endangered species. Unfortunately, since Trollfreak gave him such a low speed stat, he needs a Choice Scarf to be useful. The main appeal of Pangoro is his move Parting Shot. Fighting and Dark are two strong STAB types that can scare out the opponent so he can make use of the move. If you overpredict and the opponent stays in instead of switching out, their attack and special attack is still lowered so they won't be dealing much damage to whatever comes in. Storm Throw is another great move that always results in critical hits, which ignore stat changes, this allows him to 2HKO Umbreon no matter how many times he curses. Also, he doesn't have to worry about King's Shield from Aegislash, as his ability Scrappy allows him to Storm Throw which deals super effective damage and does up to 75% after a King's Shield. Crunch is his Dark STAB move, and Poison Jab is filler to hit Fairies, who resist both Fighting and Dark.

212.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 156 HP / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
This is pretty much your standard CB Scizor. The speed EV's allow him to outspeed Heatran to knock it out with Superpower, although I might change that because it's not too useful. One of Scizor's main jobs is to Pursuit trap, which he does very well with Technician and a Choice Band and is very easy to do on a VoltTurn team. Aside from that, U-turn is a strong STAB switching move and Bullet Punch is a powerful Technician-boosted STAB priority attack. Superpower is his filler fighting-type move.

151.png

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Def / 4 Atk / 252 HP
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
The last Pokemon on this team has the most important job: hazard control. When you're constantly switching Pokemon, hazard damage is going to constantly rack up. Defog is Mew's answer to this. He also has Stealth Rock, which is very important for teams that excel at forcing switches. U-turn is his switching move which he can utilize to lure is a defogger and spinner, and then switch into a Pokemon that can check or counter that defogger or spinner. Zen Headbutt is his STAB damaging move. Mew's EVs are dumped into Special Defense and HP because I don't have many Pokemon that can take special attacks well.

So that's the team. I'm going to work on getting some more replays that show off this team. I'm very open to constructive criticism, as this team is not perfect. Give this team a shot, it's a lot of fun to use and very threatening if you use it correctly.

Last edited:
Hey Dat_Sauce, VERY NICE team you have... Love seeing Pangoro in there ^_^

Not much I can suggest to help further your team, though I would ask why you wouldn't invert Mew and Rotom-W roles?

You can literally keep the same items and movesets, however, make Rotom-W Bold with a 252 Def Investment since his 107 Base Defense and typing can better handle Talonflame and Mew can be Careful with a 252 SpD Investment.

Tell me what you think?

Hey. I rarely post here, but I absolutely love full VoltTurn teams and this is among the best I've seen. I used a similar one a while back. They're a ton of fun to use and can be very effective in the right hands. I agree with Rafael's suggestions. Rotom simply makes a better physical wall than it does a special one. If you find yourself lacking from the specially defensive side after that, there's a really underrated Scizor set you might like to try. I've had great success with an Adamant Nature AV Scizor with 248 Hp, 112 Atk, and 148 SpD EVs. It's a perfect compliment to physically defensive Rotom-W and at the loss of some power really catches opponent off guard who try to target it's normally lower SpD or expect it to be choice locked. It handles special attackers like Gengar, Starmie, and Latias much more easily and to give you an idea of how much it can take, I believe HP Fire from Specs Magnezone fails to OHKO. Tell me what you think.

Hey Dat_Sauce, VERY NICE team you have... Love seeing Pangoro in there ^_^

Not much I can suggest to help further your team, though I would ask why you wouldn't invert Mew and Rotom-W roles?

You can literally keep the same items and movesets, however, make Rotom-W Bold with a 252 Def Investment since his 107 Base Defense and typing can better handle Talonflame and Mew can be Careful with a 252 SpD Investment.

Tell me what you think?
Great idea, I'll definitely will make that change. It'll make both Talonflame and Mega Pinsir so much easier to deal with.

Hey. I rarely post here, but I absolutely love full VoltTurn teams and this is among the best I've seen. I used a similar one a while back. They're a ton of fun to use and can be very effective in the right hands. I agree with Rafael's suggestions. Rotom simply makes a better physical wall than it does a special one. If you find yourself lacking from the specially defensive side after that, there's a really underrated Scizor set you might like to try. I've had great success with an Adamant Nature AV Scizor with 248 Hp, 112 Atk, and 148 SpD EVs. It's a perfect compliment to physically defensive Rotom-W and at the loss of some power really catches opponent off guard who try to target it's normally lower SpD or expect it to be choice locked. It handles special attackers like Gengar, Starmie, and Latias much more easily and to give you an idea of how much it can take, I believe HP Fire from Specs Magnezone fails to OHKO. Tell me what you think.
That seems like a cool Scizor set, but I really like the power of the Choice Band set. I'll definitely consider using that EV spread on a different team in the future, though. I'll just use Mew as my special wall for this team.

The team looks great and I wouldn't mind trying it myself. The only problem I see in actual play (in your replays) is properly predicting your opponent's switches and going for a full-STAB move. How do you cope with that?

The team looks great and I wouldn't mind trying it myself. The only problem I see in actual play (in your replays) is properly predicting your opponent's switches and going for a full-STAB move. How do you cope with that?
I use my STAB moves a lot actually. For example, if they have nothing on their team that can take a T-bolt from Manectric then I have no problem spamming it. With this team, usually you need to predict when your opponent is going to stay in, rather than switch out. Like in the replays when I predicted my opponent to stay in with Chansey, and I went with Superpower rather than U-turn. Usually I voltturn a lot in the beginning of the match, and then once they start expecting it, I switch it up and go all out with attacking moves.

Your team looks great but the evs on your Rotom-w are not suitable for the role you want it to play. In this case, I suggest running 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd with a bold nature. The 44 speed is there to outspeed jolly azumarill and damage it with volt switch. The rest are self explanatory since Rotom is being used as a physically defensive mon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)