SM Ubers Peak #25 Lack-two's ice

Killua kun

Pkmn/HxH
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Screenshot

This is one of my most successful teams. Did you ever happen to face weird Pokemons? Well, that's why I choose Arceus-Ice as starting mon.
Looks like no one ever used it in SM (and even in other metagames like BW2/ORAS ubers, it was clearly nonexistent), but the current ladder lacks of a true ice resist. Why? It's basically 'cause no one uses ice pokémons.
The main switchins on Arceus Ice are probably Kyogre, which can't deal with Thunder, and Magearna/Aegislash, hardly hitted by Fire Blast. The remaining mons will take an OHKO or a 2HKO.
Arceus-Ice is a nice switch-in on Zygarde 100%, offering an OHKO and the chance to troll the opposing players with its coverage.
Anyway, I built this team together with other 7 teams in December.
I remember that the starting core was Arceus Ice+ Groudon Primal, which offers a safe switch-in on Pokémons that Arceus Ice clearly dislikes and it sets up Stealth Rocks too. Then I added Yveltas as a reliable Giratina counter, offering high momentum together with Pheromosa, our revenge killer.
Magearna stops Xerneas and gains boosts, offering an useful Thunder Wave in order to slow down the opposing team and helps CBYveltal. As last slot I picked our buddy Giratina-O 'cause of Groudon... (It had TWave as first, in order to spread the para-status together with Magearna, but then i noticed Groudon was really dangerous and then I put Toxic+Hex in order to stop even the Sword Dance set safely.
This isn't the only team that allowed me to enter the Top 25, but it's the one I used more than the others and that allowed me to peak 1655 in the last match I played.

Arceus-Ice @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 32 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Recover​
it is a good switch in on zygarde 100%, judgment is the main stab, fire blast hits various mons, such as magearna/aegislash. Arceus baits kyogre, and punishes it with thunder. hps are perfect to take 24% from SR.

This spread outspeeds mega-luke

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
It is a pseudorkiller, standard coverage High jump kick is the main stab, uturn is really great with Yveltal that offers high momentum with YVeltal. Ice beam is great to beat the monster also known as mega-mance. poison jab hits hardly xern.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Hex
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor
The switch against groudon, I put Toxic+Hex in order to stop even the Sword Dance set safely.
Draco meteor Stabs hits hardly any pokemons that isn't fairy type.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Perfect coverage for it, 20 evs spe to outspeed other groudon/ho-oh/landorus/giratina-O
SEdge is here for oh-ho.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap
- Thunder Wave​
Magearna stops Xerneas and gains boosts(hearts swap), also offering an useful Thunder Wave in order to slow down the opposing team and helps CBYveltal. Fleur cannon is the main stab

Yveltal @ Choice Band
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- U-turn
I added Yveltas as a reliable Giratina/arceus-ghost counter, u turn gains momentum and other stabs are here for the worst situations(foul play against pokemon boosted, spunch against pokemon that outspeed it)

ETT
Arceus-Ice @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 32 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Recover

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Hex
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab

Yveltal @ Choice Band
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- U-turn

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:
Ciao, this build seems fairly interesting and fun to use let me give you a small rate~

Even though this balance covers most of the popular threats Xerneas, Arceus, Lunala, Solgaleo etc, it struggles pretty much against Ho-Oh as it can easily switch into nearly everything hitting really hard, unfortunately Primal Groudon isn't capable enough to check Ho-Oh due its lack of recovery which makes PDon kinda easy to wear it down leaving your team extremely weak to the firebird.

Since Arceus-Ice is the star of the team it needs the support of a Pokemon which can help it to deal with the amount of threats that can beat it, threats like the aforementioned Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon, SD Arceus etc; as for it I strongly recommend you to take out Pheromosa and use a better and potential physical attacker such as Mega Salamence. Iceceus would definitely appreciate the MMence + PDon core as this provides a better matchup against Ho-Oh! Also, Facade Mega Salamence takes advantage of the burns provoqued by Sacred Fire or Lava Plume while improves Mega Salamence's attack allowing it to break even defensive Arceus formes.
Another small suggestion is that you should consider Flash Cannon > Thunder Wave on Magearna for more consistent damage from a secondary STAB move. The Fleur Cannon drop might be annoying sometimes so is its accuracy which can also allow opposing Mega Gengar to gain momentum.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge

Hope I helped, good luck with your team!:toast:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)