[Peaked 1st]!Manaphy está quente!

[Peaked 1st]!Manaphy está quente! - A team by Manaphy and Sweet Heart / Kyoto

Hello, this is the team that I created by myself and Manaphy, and peaked 1st with it under my alt Kyoto, and some other alts on the Beta Server, and under which Manaphy is in the top 20, or was before leaving. It was designed to be very anti-metagame and currently it has about no gaping weaknesses. I guess you could call it "Bulky Offense" or something because literally everything on the team is extremely bulky and most of them can hit back hard.

Hippowdon (F) @

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Roar

- Stealth Rock

- Slack Off

This is a pretty normal Hippowdon set, unfortunately people think that Hippowdon can't work in Ubers and that is simply not the case. He has a unique advantage of being able to put up Sand against Groudon and also completely wall Groudon- which is a huge advantage that normal Tyranitar Sand teams usually struggle with. If he brings in, say Ho-Oh, I can go to Arceus-Rock, force Ho-Oh out to Groudon and immediately wall it, get Sand back up and set up Stealth Rocks. He also walls Extremekiller and can roar him out, taking only about 40% before Leftovers. It can also take outrages, once Ferrothorn is down.

Excadrill (F) @

Trait: Sand Rush

EVs: 28 HP / 208 Atk / 76 SDef / 196 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Iron Head

- Swords Dance

- Rapid Spin

Excadrill is very important to the team, serving as our sweeper, revenge killer, and Rapid Spinner all in one. Having Rapid Spin is a very important tool in Ubers that I cannot make a team without anymore because Spikestacking is so common and destructive, for example by having a Rapid Spinner a Rain team with Ferrothorn without a spinner would immediately be at a disadvantage because while we can both Spikestack, only I can Spin them away. Excadrill can also heavily damage the 3 spinblockers, it'll outright beat Giratina-O eventually, and it can beat Giratina and Arceus-Ghost if enough residual damage is present. The moveset is fairly standard; Iron Head is a new addition and it's basically a better Shadow Claw because it can outdamage Earthquake on some things and not just on Giratina-O.

Arceus (Arceus-Rock) @

Trait: Multitype

EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Judgment

- Will-O-Wisp

- Calm Mind

- Recover

If you think about all the new threats that BW2 added to Ubers, you'd get Kyurem formes, Lati@s, Regenerator Ho-Oh and Multiscale Lugia. The one Pokemon that can beat all of them is Arceus-Rock. Rocky is also a general beast and can tank pretty much every non-Super Effective attack in the game, as with the Sp. Def boost even Specs Draco Meteors fail to do anything. With Will-O-Wisp, Arceus can cripple physical attackers too, and is great for the obvious Groudon and Terrakion switches that this thing brings. We went with a Special set rather than a physical set because Burns are everywhere, Stone Edge sucks, and we couldn't tank Special Attacks even further with Calm Mind. We really couldn't resist using Arceus-Rock because this one Pokemon walls so many things in the metagame right now.

Latias (F) @

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 64 HP / 128 SAtk / 124 SDef / 192 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Dragon Pulse

- Calm Mind

- Substitute

- Recover

Latias was mandatory on this team if only for Kyogre. She is one of our two Water resists and with the very important boosts from Soul Dew can take on Kyogre quite comfortably. We choose a Substitute because Ferrothorn is a common switch-in and Latias will always beat Ferrothorn with Substitutue one-on-one, and after that they usually won't have anything to deal with a boosted Latias. Aside for Rain teams, Latias is a good way to deal with Groudon as well as being a generally good sweeper because after a Calm Mind boost it is nearly impenetrable from the Special side and Substitute helps with revenge killers like Scarf Kyurem-B.

Ferrothorn (M) @

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)

- Power Whip

- Gyro Ball

- Spikes

- Leech Seed

Ferrothorn is once again here! I usually don't have the chance to use this guy because he can't spin and I hate Tentacruel, but with Excadrill I can free up a spot for him. He's my Second Water resist which is again very very important for dealing with Kyogre. He's also very important to the team for another reason: Spikes. If you ever played high-level Ubers, you'd know that layers of Spikes will put you in a winning position quite quickly. He's also our primary Dragon wall for things like Zekrom and Lati@s. But aside from from walling Ogre and getting up some Spikes or two, Ferrothorn really isn't that important to the team and it's usually sacked later on for momentum.

Ho-Oh @

Trait: Regenerator

EVs: 208 HP / 68 Atk / 232 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Sacred Fire

- Brave Bird

- Substitute

- Recover

Ho-Oh is here, and although unusual for a Sand team he is very important for Ferrothorn and Forretress which could otherwise cause some problems. In general, like Arceus-Rock Ho-Oh is a beast, and has a huge bonus of having Sun working against you. With 101 HP Subs, Ho-Oh can set up Substitute on a multitude of things and can heavily damage just about everything that would come in and if it can't, it probably wouldn't like a Burn from Sacred Fire. Ho-Oh is also a great tool for Calm Mind Arceus formes and Lati@s; they won't like the residual damage from Burns, Sand and constant Brave Birds. Also important is that Ho-Oh walls Arceus-Grass and Arceus-Fight who in general harass Sand teams. It can also take Kyogre out if you've like SR up and 2 layer of spikes, and a substitute up ( I'm talking about the most common one, ScarfOgre. ). The Restalk versions takes only 40% from Brave Bird, but you can easily take a Scald in rain, so it's still a 2HKO With entryz.

This team might have problems with Mewtwo, which can hurt everything on the team, but Ho-oh and Rockeus can take some hits, and Specs Ogre, even if Latias walls it, is still a problem.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, this is a cool team, but while anything I do will undoubtedly alter a lot of the dynamic, I think there are a few changes you should consider. As you said, Mewtwo can 2HKO everything on your team, moreover, I noticed that your team doesn't have a spinblocker, meaning you will have a more difficult time against a stall team that can spin on Ferrothorn, Hippo, and Latias (your Latias isn't unbeatably by Stall, it still loses to Jirachi in rain and Gyro Ball + Leech Seed Ferrothorn unless you predict perfectly); a Sdef Giraina maintains your Kyogre check, provides a spinblocker, and can not be 2HKOed by any of +0 Mewtwo's moves (I realize this isn't the best, but it's more than you can say for Latias). To further help with the Mewtwo problem a physically defensive Ho-Oh could be run; about the EV, do you really need that much speed? (that looks like you're going for max Speed Adamant unboosted Excadrill). At any rate, pyhsically defensive ho-oh takes a maximum of 83% from +1 Psystrike, can attempt to burn Mewtwo with Sacred Fire, and switch out to trigger Regenerator. A physically defensive Ho-Oh will also help against Jolly Life Orb ExtremeKiller, which, has a 63.5% chance to come out on top vs Rock Arceus and can take out a weakened Hippowdon at 58.5 or below, which isn't that hard considering Hippowdon finds it difficult to maintain it's health despite reliably recovery due to its low speed (also in the case of Darkrai + LO ExtremeKiller teams choosing which Pokemon to fodder can be very difficult and letting Hippowdon take it could mean gg). Alternatively (or additionally), Excadrill could run Adamant and Life Orb to OHKO Mewtwo after Stealth Rock with Earthquake, also letting you OHKO support Dialga at +0, have a 56.25% chance to OHKO Darkrai from full HP, have a 50% chance to OHKO phys.def Bold Kyogre at +2, 86% to 64HP Choice Scarf Kyogre with +0 Life Orb Earthquake, and even 2HKO Phys.def Giratina with Earthquake even after getting burned after the first Earthquake.

I understand you appreciate the bulk on Excadrill, the Attacking power on Ho-Oh, and the offensive presence of Latias, which is why these are suggestions to try out more than anything. Good luck.

long ass rate^^^
this team is amazing-
when using it i saw a lot of trouble with Mewtwo, especially the CM set and would have to play around it and eventually try to get latias in and set up with CM or excadrill

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nice team, congrats!

A change you could make to help your SpecsOgre and Mewtwo problems is to use Specially Defensive Latias. This is the set:

name: Specially Defensive
move 1: Light Screen
move 2: Roost
move 3: Roar
move 4: Dragon Pulse
item: Soul Dew
ability: Levitate
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 148 SpD / 96 Spe

To see a description and explanation of the set go here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3469166

Oh hey, First post. Cool. This is Vega from PBC by the way, Not sure if you remember me.

Rayquaza is a big threat, So is Mewtwo. Too bad this applies to every single team in the history of forever, so no use mentionning it; You know to be careful around those 2 by now.

Alexwolf's suggestion could help, although you might want to fit Thunder Wave on the set, so you're not a sitting duck against Arceus forms and Mewtwo that could calm mind in your face for free, only fearing the roar, it would also make Ho-Oh's job a whole lot easier, and would take pretty much anyone by surprise, although changing anything would probably leave you vulnerable to something else, You can't deal with everything at once in Ubers. One more thing, Change Roar to Whirlwind on Hippowdon, just in case you run into a random Baton Pass team.
Hippowdonisbetterthantyranitarinubers.

syrim

1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1
You're pretty weak to gliscor. It can set up on a good portion of your team, and really puts you in a bad spot once it does.

You could do complicated things like switch sub on latias for refresh and change your walls evs, but changes like this simply make you weaker to other mons, like ferrothorn.

The simplest thing, and best thing, to do is replace leftovers on exca for balloon, and play very smart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)