XY OU peaked #20 - AV Kyurem-Black and SD Pass Celebi - A joint RMT

First off..proof of peak

Introduction - A team made by me(SunnyR) and Zkillerthriller.It all started off with Zkillerthriller asking me if I could help him make a very good OU team. He's not bad or anything, he just wanted to make a team with someone for good times sake, little did we know it would become this successful, though. It peaked #20 on the ladder. It also contains some really unique (yet really effective) sets. Namely and mainly: Assault Vest Kyurem-Black and Swords Dance/-Baton Pass Celebi. It was me and Zkillerthriller who made it and I happened to be the one posting it. So Zkillerthriller deserves just as much credit as I do. He also helped alot in the writing in the RMT, not only with the team. Don't forget about me, though, I did just as much. We both deserve an equal amount of credit! Anyways, there really isn't much more to say; Enjoy the RMT, here's the team at a glance!

(credits to Zkillerthriller for the artwork ^^)

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Man. You people use old stuff. Ferrothorn/M-Venusaur counter Rotom-W? Please. They all get crippled by a simple Will-o-Wisp. Now this set? This is the new meta. Baton Pass to stop any hopes you may have of stopping this behemoth with "pursuit". SD pass to anything on this team is useful. Assuming of course I call the correct switch. Which I will 90% of the time becuase, Baton Pass goes last. Letting me scout you switch and pass accordingly. Even Dry passing is useful,letting me dodge ZardY/Gengar/L@tis,and nail the with ScarfTar. And if Scarftar gets passed the +2? Something is in for a lot of pain. This guy also helps me to check Rain except for Tornadus-T throughout the game :0. Maybe a CM set would fit my team better? Breloom/Keldeo hold no fear for me...SD Celebi too strongeth.Also CM Celebi/CM Cune get donked by this guy :). Still considering a CM set.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

And so this is our based lord Scarf Tyranitar. My way of checking ZardY/Latis/Gengar. I even have Ice Beam for the predicted Landorus-T. Yes I can predict switches :). THe moveset is stadard almost excpet for the Ice Beam. Not much to say about it....uh checks Psychics and Ghosts? lol. Also my secondary Pinsir check. The Sp.Atk EVs are there to one hit K.O Landorus-t without rocks up. One annoyance is how incredibly walled and countered it is by the great threat, Bisharp. Be careful using this thing if Bisharp is around. Other than that, ain't too much to say, just a great Poké, with great STABs and typings. Maybe a few moveset changes? idk

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 200 SpD / 16 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power/HP:Fire

Now this would be new meta...if this wasn't featured on a certain someone's 2014 antimeta team. Stolen from there and patches up many of the weakness the team has like Greninja and lets me survive random stuff. Another check to ZardY. Did I mention this beast can survive LO Latias DM after SR? And Landorus Stone Edge...after SR? Yes those defensive EVs are really useful. Give me an allround Special check :). However, giving it so much bulk and special defenses cut off some of its offensive capabilities, but it still boasts an incredible Atk stat, even without the investment. And it hits like a truck when Celebi successfully passes an SD boost to it. Considering HP:Fire>Earth Power cause idgaf about Rotom-W.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance/Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Also stolen from said anti-meta team. :) The EVs let me set up all over Excadrill and ScaZarrf Landorus. U-Turn is to get out of Magnezone. Becuase....Magnezone is evil af. It's also a simple momentum-grabber. :(. I've not opted for Defog Mega-Scizor becuase why run a Mega just to Defog? I'd rather have an ace in the hole to help me out late game :0. You can switch up SD for Defog if you'd like, though. One thing worth poiting out is that you can't afford to adjust the Atk EVs in any way; as they make sure Bullet Punch always 2 hit K.O's any Clefable set, which this team really struggles against.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast

Standard set with Focus Blast>Icy Wind to nail Ferrothorn on the switch. Bisharp check and scald burns let me hax past M-Venusaur and other such checks. Also lets me check Tyranitar throughout the game. This thing is just a hard hitter; and with the Specs, Mega-Venusaur is still not incredibly reliable as Hydro Pump + SR really adds up - guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
(114, 116, 117, 119, 120, 121, 123, 124, 126, 127, 128, 129, 131, 132, 134, 135) - Watch out for a specially defensive one, though - 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 84-100 (23 - 27.4%) - It still adds up!

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 32 Atk / 172 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Mandatory Stealth Rocker, and fully defensive to check ZardX,and Tyranitar and Bird Spam in general. It's also the main check to Mega-heracross, but it can't take one - too many hits. The damage from Rock Blast and SR really adds up! Also, the 32 Atk EVs are there to one hit K.O Charizard X with EQ assuming rocks are not up. Stone Edge is played over Knock Off because of Talonflame and Mega-Pinsir One last disclaimer is: Be careful against other T-tars, don''t feel so safe bringing this in on it - because the Ice Beam may vary well be coming. So watch out!

shoutouts:
coolking49 - my indie bro <3
Zkillerthriller - Awesome time making this team and the artwork is awesome as well :P

Please guys....feel free to suggest any random thing that may pop up into your head. I'm open to a little shuffling. Not TOO much of course ^^.

Enjoy:
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 200 SpD / 16 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 32 Atk / 172 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Replays:-
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-180349796
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-180023137
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-179986575
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-179978314
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-179746315
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-181354245 - RIP Stall

Threatlist:-

(coming soon)

Last edited:
nothing to break HP fire mega venu, it walls the entire team. i guess you could switch focus blast for HP flying and try and weaken it with u-turn/landorus-t and bring in keld for the kill

So as I've already talked to you about alot regarding the team; it really struggles against Clefable and Stallbreaker Talonflame, as well as Mega Charizard-X and Bisharp. Mega-Charizard-X and Bisharp are atleast somewhat managable though, unlike Stallbreaker Talonflame who can just spread burn all over your team, and Clefable who is near impossible to kill if it's an Unaware, CM/Cosmic Power set. This team also really struggles with stall in general, that is why I'm suggesting a Stallbreaker Heatran set, which will also help taking care of the previously mentioned Talonflame and Clefable. It will also provide a decent Char X check, but you need to watch out for EQ. This would however, strongly weaken this team for the Mega-Heracross matchup. But this is OU - If you cover one hole, another one opens up. I feel like Talonflame and Clefable are alot more common than Hera, though.

Importable set:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Anyways, this is just my quick little rate. I hope I didn't discourage people from making their own posts.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite / Knock Off
- Superpower

If you are going to use SD Mega Scizor, I would go with this set-up. This set fits the post-Aegi meta much better, in part due to more speed being used. Even with little to no investment in bulk, Mega Scizor is still tough to take down. Investing 252 EVs in speed puts you in a decent enough speed tier to punish slower teams, and to outspeed defensive Rotom-W. Bullet Punch and Superpower are must-haves on this set for the priority and power respectively. Most run Bug Bite for a second strong STAB option, but Knock Off can be used as an alternative. If you are using Defog Mega Scizor, you may want to move into an even more defensive spread to replace the one you have now. 252 HP / 252 Def with U-Turn, Bullet Punch, Defog and Roost could work, although I'm less familiar with that kind of set-up.

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Small change, but HP Flying allows you to nail Keldeo's most common switch-in, Mega Venusaur, hard before pivoting out to a better answer.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Flying vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 168-198 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO

Venu and Amoongus can't switch-in to that too many times. Focus Blast is honestly inferior to Secret Sword in pretty much every situation.

Other than that, good team and good luck laddering!

nothing to break HP fire mega venu, it walls the entire team. i guess you could switch focus blast for HP flying and try and weaken it with u-turn/landorus-t and bring in keld for the kill
Assault Vest Kyu-B breaks it with Terravolt.

0 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 194-230 (54 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 200+ SpD Assault Vest Kyurem-B: 84-100 (18.5 - 22%) -- possible 5HKO

Assault Vest Kyu-B breaks it with Terravolt.

0 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 194-230 (54 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 200+ SpD Assault Vest Kyurem-B: 84-100 (18.5 - 22%) -- possible 5HKO
yeah, but no one is keeping venu in on kyurem, and kyurem hates poison

yeah, but no one is keeping venu in on kyurem, and kyurem hates poison
So he has something that forces out Mega Venusaur and can switch in consistantly, yet he has nothing to break HP Fire Mega Venu? Those two things really don't happen at the same time.

So he has something that forces out Mega Venusaur and can switch in consistantly, yet he has nothing to break HP Fire Mega Venu? Those two things really don't happen at the same time.
it is a check at best, especially with rocks etc. shaky when you only have one mon that can check a common threat, and the rest of your team just straight loses to it

went on tilt cause I was trying all of your suggestions out :(,jk tho really appreciate it; One problem I have noticed is that Kyub is a little underwhelming without that SD Pass; Trying out anti stall Heatran love it,but side by side I'm runnin a faster Celebi with Zen Headbutt>Seed Bomb;and HP:flying on Lando-T, and I'm running a max speed/sp.atk Heatran @ Lefties btw to bop M-Hera with FB...M-Venu is a problem,currently testing Tran>Tar...mixed results. Need some stuff to work on guys :(). Keep the suggestions coming. Maybe I should run something else>Celebi or Scizor? btw as of now Defog Scizor is not putting in too much work...all the Mag/Pins spam >_K<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)