(Peaked at #92) Underhanded is my middle name - A Semi-Sand (Abuse) team.

Yeah, my entire team is based around abusing various possibilities in the gen 5 meta-game. With the recent drop of Deoxys-N from Ubers to BL (bewilderingly), i decided to include it in my latest team, and if i'm abusing that pokemon, why not throw in a level 5 Donphan in the sand aswell, just to go that extra mile.

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 172 HP / 88 Atk / 188 Def / 60 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Slack Off
- Roar

Hippowdon is my Wi-Fi lead, although about 60% of the time he doesn't actually lead. He is there to shuffle out phys sweepers, Slack Off for recovery in the weather battle, and Fire Fang for Ferro + the Bug/Steels. The 60 in SDef allow him to take an Ice Beam from a mixed Genosect.

Deoxys @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

This is one of the main components of my team, with 398 speed and over 437 SpAtk, he is a prime candidate for Life Orb, and can 1.H.K.O a huge percentage of the meta game. I used to run him specsed, but decided his coverage was too nice to pass up, but with specs he hit 655 SpAtk.
If my opponents team is a weather team, or has a lack of priority, i will usually lead with Deoxys.

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Jellicent is my special wall, who can tank hits nicely. She can take a 1 Draco Meteor from a Specsed Lati@s, and can take 2 if not specsed, giving her time to use recover. If the opposing team doesn't use weather, she also forms a pretty nice defensive partnership with Hippo.

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill is here simply to abuse the sand, and to get off incredibly fast Spins. If entry hazards get up, my next pokemon, my main abuser, is rendered useless. Excadrill sorts that out with a resistance to SR, and Air Balloon to dodge spikes and ever-present EQs.

Level 5 Donphan (F) @ Shell Bell
Trait: Sturdy
Hardy Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Protect
- Earthquake

Aah, Donphan. The hilarity you provide. Donphan is clearly superior to Aron in that he has access to Ice Shard, which gives him the ability to kill anything with isn't holding Leftovers, and even some of them if they don't resist the sand. He is my revenge killer of choice to any pokemon which has begun to set up, although the new SubScizor has caused problems to him. Despite that, this monster has a solid track record.

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SAtk
Hardy Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

And finally Xatu, my counter for many a thing. I used to run Espeon here, to reflect hazards away from Donphan's side of the field (he owns my team, the little level 5 pimp), but i needed a Breloom counter. Xatu was perfect, he keeps magic bounce to fill the same role as Espeon, but resist all Looms common attack, fighting 4x, and grass 2x. And also, reflecting spore back to him is always funny ;)

And that's my RMT. I'm retiring this team, after a solid win-streak yesterday and hitting 92, i then had a barrage of losses and slipped to nearly 500th, so i've decided to make something new.

Tell me what you think please!

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Deoxys is Uber, you need Deoxys-S instead.
Run Aron > Donphan because it's also immune to toxic.
And TBH you dont need Rapid Spin on Excadrill if you played carefully enough with Xatu.

Post pics of the pokes above the sets, it's easier on the eyes :p

I think jolly on exca would be better, especially as it seems you're not using it too offensively, especially as a side with spikes/SR up on your side of the field before exca could have spin and an exca with one SD would sweep you. Outspeeding exca is pretty important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)