Perhaps a new Rayquaza set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow smogonites, I recently decided to create a new Rayquaza set. Now some may look crappy to you, but bear with me.
Rayquaza@ Macho Brace
Brave
EV's: 252 Attack/ 252 Special Attack/ 6 hp
Gyro Ball
Protect
Dragon Claw/ Dragon pulse
Ice Beam/ thunder bolt/ Eathquake/ Brick Break/ fling/ Flame thrower

This set is mainly used for Trick room purposes and for double battles. So please rate it.

Macho brace is useless, if you did find a Rayquaza that was brave and low speed, it will pretty much outspeed everything in TR (save forretress, who it won't beat w/ the brace), I mean TR isn't common in ubers. Go for life orb on it, and Gryo ball = lose too, bad type coverage

Via TM74 lol =D
what the fuck. you have GOT to be kidding me! How does a dragon tighten itself into a tiny iron ball?

that said, this set is horrible. Why are you saying we should run 252 in both attacking statuses? and why protect? did you run any calcs?

Though I wouldn't express it as rudely as you, Mantyke (lol =D ), yes, I find this set to be very useless. You max out two different attacking types...? Thats rarely (if never) seen...and it definitely doesn't work on Rayquaza...

Just because Rayquaza's attack and Sp. Atk stats are equal, it doesn't mean for us to say "Oh look! His Attack and Sp. Atk are the same! Lets max out both!". The fact that his attack and special attack are the same gives us variety. Some people run Rayquaza on a physical set, some on a special set. It gives us diversity, not a Gyro ball set...

Seriously, what outspeeds Rayquaza? I think Gyro Ball is just silly...and if you didn't know, Gyro Ball is only effective on monsters with higher speed than you, so...good luck on finding something faster than Rayquaza...

Honestly, not meaning to make you feel bad, but, this set's effectiveness in my opinion is unfortunately a 0 out of 10.

Though I wouldn't express it as rudely as you, Mantyke (lol =D ), yes, I find this set to be very useless. You max out two different attacking types...? Thats rarely (if never) seen...and it definitely doesn't work on Rayquaza...

Just because Rayquaza's attack and Sp. Atk stats are equal, it doesn't mean for us to say "Oh look! His Attack and Sp. Atk are the same! Lets max out both!". The fact that his attack and special attack are the same gives us variety. Some people run Rayquaza on a physical set, some on a special set. It gives us diversity, not a Gyro ball set...

Seriously, what outspeeds Rayquaza? I think Gyro Ball is just silly...and if you didn't know, Gyro Ball is only effective on monsters with higher speed than you, so...good luck on finding something faster than Rayquaza...

Honestly, not meaning to make you feel bad, but, this set's effectiveness in my opinion is unfortunately a 0 out of 10.
agreeing with you completely

..sorry about my idiocy blitz, but please do some background info, or post your set in the "post new creative sets here" thread...

Uh, interesting, could work as a surprise... Unfortunately DD Rayquaza is much more practical and those who resist dragon resist steel as well.

All right, basically you team it up with dialga. Make Rayquaza use protect , while your dialga sets up trick room. Then sweep them. rayquaza's lowest speed is 175 lowered to 87.5. I do not know how much damage it can do with that abyssmal speed. But you will most likely face an oppposing rayquaza to Dragon dance. This is just a suggestion though.

well the idea of a Trick Room Rayquaza is slightly intriguing, since he is one of the slowest Ubers, and if you go absolute min Speed you're slower than pretty much everything but Forry, Bliss, and some Metagross.

Gyro Ball on the other hand is stupid. He may be slow enough to go first in Trick Room, but that doesn't make him slow enough to hit max power Gyro Ball on pretty much anything but Deoxys / Mewtwo / Darkrai. Pretty much everything else will get hit for ~120 BP if you're lucky, the same as STAB Dragon Claw, and Dragon is a much better attacking type

I could see a Trick Room Rayquaza working though, something like Bronzong using Trick Room then Explosion, then your super slow Rayquaza could come out, use Swords Dance on a switch (or use Focus Sash if you want), then go on a three turn rampage with Outrage. You can 2HKO Forrestress and Metagross with +2 Life Orbed Outrage, occaisonally OHKO max / max Lugia, and always OHKO pretty much everything else.

If you pack a Magnezone to get rid of Forry / Metagross (needs to be fast to Magnet Rise before Metagross EQs) / Bronzong, so you don't risk any of them exploding on you while you 2HKO them, then you can just Outrage away with no fear. Magnezone can also Explode after he kills the steel.. Assuming you connect with both explosions and you're opponent actually has a Steel, you could theoretically take out a gigantic chunk of the opponents team, maybe even the whole thing, and you could go with a Lum / Persim Berry for a second round of Outrage.

Of course, it's gimmicky as fuck, and gets ruined by tons of stuff, but it seems like something very fun to try out

All right, basically you team it up with dialga. Make Rayquaza use protect , while your dialga sets up trick room. Then sweep them. rayquaza's lowest speed is 175 lowered to 87.5. I do not know how much damage it can do with that abyssmal speed. But you will most likely face an oppposing rayquaza to Dragon dance. This is just a suggestion though.
That's not all that bad of an idea. It sounds like it could work. But does Gyro Ball only hit one opponent in Double Battles?

Rayquaza doesn't have speed low enough to use Gyro Ball effectively. Steel doesn't have particularly good coverage in ubers, either (not like it has a lot in OU in the first place). Rayquaza has much, much better moves to use, as well. Gyro Ball is trash on him.

As for the rest of the set, a -speed Rayquaza could succeed in trick room, sure, but is that a new set? Not even close.

This is why I'm closing this thread:
1. The original post does not promote discussion. It obviously hasn't been tested and you have no damage calculations.
2. The set is awful because Steel is a poor attacking type, especially without STAB. Rayquaza is 4x weak to Ice Beam so making him that slow just leaves him more vulnerable. Six options for one slot is not a moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)