1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Perhaps more attention for doubles/triples

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by paintkiller93, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paintkiller93

paintkiller93

Since a majority of movesets and analyses are done with single battles in mind, single battles get all the attention. But singles isn't the only battle style out there.

So my idea is that on analysis pages, how about including some movesets for doubles/triples? Maybe there can be an update for PO with that option or maybe even a sub forum dedicated to multiple pokemon battles. It's just an idea.
  2. Oglemi

Oglemi I ask consent before I thrash anuses.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

VGC C&C exists and there are analyses for nearly all available Pokemon for VGC 2011 onsite.

We also have the GBU subforum in DST that focuses on the different metagames, I'm sure triples will be focused on in C&C in the future, but because Smogon is a singles-centric site, the singles metagames are being focused on atm.
  3. dragonboy52

dragonboy52
    is a Contributor Alumnus

There is already an option on PO for double/triple battles.
  4. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

http://www.smogon.com/bw/metagames/

If you click VGC '11 you'll get the analyses for pretty much all the Pokemon viable in last year's season's metagame. VGC '12 has plenty of analyses up and more coming as people write them as well. Doubles follows a different progression from Singles in that instead of having a new metagame as stuff is banned or a new game is released, the rules change once a year.

Due to no real support from Nintendo / The Pokemon Company (like Doubles) or being reinforced in the single player mode (like Singles) there hasn't been enough interest in Triples to really get anything going yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)