SM LC Pesciolino Furioso

looiiyut

GIOVANE AUTISMOTTA
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hi guys! looiiyut here, but you can find me on PS! as Br3to. I started playing LC in the last two months of Oras because I was really bored of OU, and eventually I fell in love with this tier.
I've been using the alts peche, rododendro and catapecchia on the LC ladder.
I like exploring the world of Z moves paired with underrated pokemon, so I built a team around Flyinium Z Goldeen last week.
BUILDING PHASE

I've never used Goldeen before, so I decided to follow Smogon analysis and pair this little fish with defensive Vullaby and Spritzee. Vullaby helps me with hazard control while Spritzee acts as cleric since Goldeen hates all forms of status and often risks getting burned by switching into Chinchou's Scald.
Onix is my Stealth Rock setter and Weak Armor Vullaby check, while defensive Timburr helps against setup sweepers such as Shellder, Tirtuoga and Dweeble. LO Abra with Dazzling Gleam was a problem so I put Grimer-Alola in the last slot.
I like this team and I went 21-4 on the ladder with the fresh alt Catapecchia after making it to top 15 with Rododendro, but the team isn't perfect so I'm looking for ways to improve it.

Pesciolino (Goldeen) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Lightning Rod
Level: 5
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Drill Run
- Knock Off
- Bounce

Goldeen is the star of the team. It has access to the best move in the metagame: Knock Off. Thanks to its ability it can switch safely into pokemon like Magnemite or locked Chinchou and threaten them with Drill Run. Waterfall is the main stab and Bounce paired with Flyinium Z is the icing on the cake in a metagame dominated by Fighting-types.
Goldeen's Attack and Speed EVs are maximized, allowing it to hit as hard and fast as possible, with a Jolly nature allowing it to hit 17 Speed.
Some calcs:
220 Atk Goldeen Bounce vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
220 Atk Goldeen Bounce vs. 0 HP / 156 Def Eviolite Timburr: 18-22 (75 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
220 Atk Goldeen Bounce vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 18-22 (72 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Broncio (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Vullaby is a great physical wall and my Defog user. Brave Bird is a great move which helps against Fighting physical attackers as well as being the main answer to Z-move Pumpkaboo. Overcoat is a good ability which allows it to switch into Foongus and gain momentum with U-turn.

Nasino (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Spritzee is a really good pokemon in the metagame thanks to its good bulk and fantastic Fairy typing, allowing it to check the ever-present Fighting- and Dark-type moves that dominate the LC metagame.
Cleric and Wish supporter of the team, It ensures longevity to the main star Goldeen.

Sbirulino (Onix) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Taunt

I needed a rock setter and a reliable answer to Weak Armor Vullaby, and Onix fills both of these roles very nicely if rocks aren't up on my side of the field. Jolly Onix reaches 17 Speed, being able to Speed tie with many common LC threats such as Mienfoo and Snivy and it works quite well paired with its ability Sturdy.
Onix can also be used to stop common sweepers such as Omanyte, Doduo and Zigzagoon.
Rock-quake provides great offensive coverage, and in the last slot Taunt is a good option to prevent certain Pokemon from setting entry hazards, but Roar is also helpful as it can phaze out problematic Pokemon.

Legnetto (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Timburr is one of the biggest threats in the Little Cup metagame. Making use of its fantastic bulk and high Attack stat, Timburr can survive plenty of hits and then heal off all the damage it has taken thanks to Drain Punch.
It helps me against Pokemon such as Pawniard, Shellder, Tirtuoga, Dwebble and also against hail teams thanks to Mach Punch. The moveset is pretty standard and doesn't really need any explaination.

Melma (Grimer-Alola) @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 116 HP / 240 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak

Grimer-Alola is one of the best Knock Off user in SM meta. This EVs spread makes it bulky and hard-hitting at the same time, with its great typing and access to Pursuit to handle Pokemon such as Gastly and Abra. Poison Jab hits Fairy-types and Shadow Sneak is a good priority to revenge kill some weakened Pokemon.

Threats:
Pawniard+Snubbul: I lost 3 battles against this core
Mudbray
Aurora veil+setup sweppers
There maybe be a few more I haven't encountered yet, so feel free to bring them up if you find any

Pesciolino (Goldeen) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Drill Run
- Knock Off
- Bounce

Broncio (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Nasino (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Sbirulino (Onix) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Legnetto (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Melma (Grimer-Alola) @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 116 HP / 240 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak

TEAM EMERALD and "Questa è casa mia e qui comando io" chat

Last edited:

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Hey, pretty cool and unique team you got there! Quite fun too, I had a blast fooling around with it on ladder. Just a couple small changes to help you against things this team struggles against. First, change Bulk Up to Poison Jab to help you against Pawniard + Snubbull which irritates this team a lot. For Mudbray, try running Scald over Waterfall. Scald is also just a really good move, even though its kinda weak on Goldeen, as spreading burns is always useful, and helps a ton against Mudbray. To help against set-up sweepers, try running 196 Atk / 156 Def / 156 Spe EVs on Timburr with an Adamant nature. This helps maximize Timburrs damage output, and to help revenge kill easier which should help against set-up sweepers. Not much to add here, quite in enjoyable team. Hope this rate helped!

TEAM EMERALD and "Questa è casa mia e qui comando io" chat

"Questa è casa mia e qui comando io" chat

you're welcome! ("Questa è casa mia e qui comando io" chat's founder here)
love you looiiyut, and... omg that Goldeen!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)