Physically Powered Up -OU RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Physical Power FTW

Team At A Glance

Hi this is my first RMT :p.Like the title says this team is physical and packs a lot of power.
-------------------

The Way I Built It

Yeah i decided to start with the physical Lucario which packs a lot of power even without a swords dance

Lucario's fire and ground weakness was best covered by Gyarados so it fits

The obvious X4 electric weakness covered by electrivire who can also pack quite a punch and after a speed boost outspeeds all other than ninjask

Yup Skarm came to remove electrivire's ground weakness and suck electric attacks into electrivire.Overall all weaknesses are balanced at this point

Enter the dragon.Latias takes the electric ground and fire and seemed a perfect fit.It also adds special power and acts as a good sp def wall after a cm

Last but not least a good Azelf lead to set up rocks prevent oppponents from doing the same and going boom on annoying stall kings.Azelf is included for quick set up and explosing nothing more lol
--------------------

The True power
/

Azelf @Focus Sash
Naive-Levitate
152 Att/100 Sp Att/252 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion
-Psychic
-Taut
Usual Azelf lead.Prevent opponents from setting up while you set up rocks.You can always go boom to prevent stuff from setting up etc.Pychic is for STAB Sp att.Naive just keeps psychic and explosion balanced
-------------------

/

Gyarados@Leftovers
Adamant-Intimidate
252 Hp/100 Def/100 Sp def/52 Spe
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge/Bounce
Bulky Adamany Gyarados that hits very hard after a dragon dance and can take a lot of hits without much trouble.Taunt is to stop status problems and roars.Dragon dance to set up.Waterfall is for STAB and last im thinking of bounce for STAB and paralysis though i could say that Stone edge comes in well to take out Salamence Zapdos etc
--------------------

/

Electrivire@Life Orb
Adamant-Motor Drive
4 Hp/252 Att/252 Spe
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Cross Chop
-Earthquake
Yup This Electrivire has brute physical strength.With an electric boost it outspeeds all other than ninjask and some scarf pokemon like Heatran Heracross etc.Can Hurt most of the walls badly and cripple them
-------------------
/

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish-Keen Eye
252 Hp/100 Att/152 Sp Def
-Spikes
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Whirlwind
Oh yeah with a lot of ev's to put up sp def this guy is a beast of a staller.Whirlwind helps get rid of things which set up and STAB Brave bird does one heck of a damage :p.
-------------------

/

Latias@Leftovers
Bold-Levitate
100 Hp/152 Def/52 Sp att/200 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Roost
-Refresh/Surf
Yup my sp att/sp def pokemon.Can set up well with calm mind.Roost is for healing.Dragon Pulse is STAB Dragon attack.Id prefer Refresh here as it can help me stall and set up well
------------------

/

Lucario*@Life Orb
Adamant-Stedfast
4 Hp/252 Att/252 Def
-Swords Dance
-Extreme Speed
-Close Combat
-Crunch
w00t last and final epic sweeper lucario.Not much to comment this thing is just too powerful :p
--------------------

Weakness
I dont see much here this team's weakness is completely balanced
--------------------
Stuff That Hurt Me
Latias-One heck of a threat.Hard to stop
Infernape-Once Gyarados is dead this thing just kills off the stuff i have
Heatran@scarf-Has a good chance of hurting me and can go boom
Metagross-Hurts bad.Only Luacario can properly hit it though if it doesnt carry thunder punch i can set up on it with gyarados
Gengar-Probably the biggest threat to this team.Id depend on skarmory to hold shadow ball and perhaps gyarados to kill it off

Changes
I leave this to you guys to comment on any changes.Ill give them a try

Thanks in Advance

Rate/Hate/Steal
---------------------------------------------------------

You don't see any weaknesses, really? Honestly? o_O First of all, I'm sensing a gigantic ass DDmence weak. Hell, even Mixmence tears this team a new one, except that it doesn't outspeed Latias as DDMence would.

You're also completely utterly fucked against opposing Latias as well, with your only hope is to win a CM war or something, although if you have to switch into it, you're probably going to be in trouble.

Honestly the team speed is somewhat slow, and you have a mjor issues with Dragons as it seems. Without changing too much, I'd honestly switch Lucario out for Scizor. The extra pack in Bullet Punch will help, as being able to check Gengar a bit, who seems to be able to wreck havoc as well here.

You don't see any weaknesses, really? Honestly? o_O First of all, I'm sensing a gigantic ass DDmence weak. Hell, even Mixmence tears this team a new one, except that it doesn't outspeed Latias as DDMence would.

You're also completely utterly fucked against opposing Latias as well, with your only hope is to win a CM war or something, although if you have to switch into it, you're probably going to be in trouble.

Honestly the team speed is somewhat slow, and you have a mjor issues with Dragons as it seems. Without changing too much, I'd honestly switch Lucario out for Scizor. The extra pack in Bullet Punch will help, as being able to check Gengar a bit, who seems to be able to wreck havoc as well here.
DD mence is Easily outstalled by Skarmory.But one point is true i did get rather hit badly by a specs latias earlier today and by weaknesses i mean like fire,water etc not pokemon lol.Thanks for the rate though ill try scizor out

With SR on the field, Salamence loses 25%. An Adamant CB Max attack Scizor will deal on average 65% to Salamence, meaning that if it mispredicts once and gets the Life Orb recoil, it's as good as done. If he chooses to switch, that's another 25% coming in, so you at least have a 'check'

DDmence pretty much always have Fire Blast, unless they run like a bulkier set with roost.

Im thinking perhaps changing Electivire to SpecsJolt. It beats DDdos with +1, and can beat Salamence without a DD, also remember that Lucario can come in after Salamence has taken a few turns of LO recoil + one round of SR and kill it off with Extremespeed.

With SR on the field, Salamence loses 25%. An Adamant CB Max attack Scizor will deal on average 65% to Salamence, meaning that if it mispredicts once and gets the Life Orb recoil, it's as good as done. If he chooses to switch, that's another 25% coming in, so you at least have a 'check'
So Cb scizor over lucario?My previous team used to carry a scizor.I saw way too many counters though and stuff like gyarados find it easy setting up

@shizzle seems to be a good idea but if he has a gyarados/electrivire combination im kinda dead lol

Trust me, there's like no one sane using that "combination." The simplest solution is just adding Scarf on Latias if you are that paranoid though. With addition of Jolteon as well, you now have two checks. Changing Latias to having Trick as well can potentially let you nab the item on Blissey, allowing Jolteon either sweeps. But with Scizor aruond anyways, you shuold just Pursuit it etc w/e.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Your team is being locked under rule #3 from the RMT rules.

"3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice."

Explainations such as "Oh yeah with a lot of ev's to put up sp def this guy is a beast of a staller.Whirlwind helps get rid of things which set up and STAB Brave bird does one heck of a damage :p." do not tell the rater why Skarmory is in your team and what role it fufills for you.

Here is a link to the rules. They are required reading before posting a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)