Pikachu: The Ultimate Revenge Killer

Pikachu isn't used so much because everyone says that he is weak. Yea right... I made a team that makes him the main damage dealer. Here goes.

Team preview:

Pikachu (M) @ Light Ball
Trait: Static
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Volt Switch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Brick Break
- Substitute

Pikachu is the revenge killer on this team, killing almost any pokemon with 70% or less HP, it does have some problems with Ghost pokemon but we got a counter for that too. In case of Ghost pokemon you simply volt switch into Empoleon and force them to switch. Volt Switch can kill a togekiss in two or even one hit. Brick Break kills Aipom, Weavile and other dark pokemon. It is a nice revenge killer in my opinion because of the light ball which doubles his attack ( 458 max ), and it also gets extremespeed which is a very nice move.

Druddigon (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw / Dragon Tail
- Superpower
- Glare
- Sucker Punch

Druddigon's main part in the team is to give some damage to attack based pokemon like cinccino or aipom such as sucker punch the low defencive pokemon like Darmanitan etc. Glare is very useful for cutting in half the speed of fast pokemon like Arcanine, Mienshao. But having a pokemon paralyzed is always good. Superpower kills some annoying pokemon like Weavile, Umbreon and such.

Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Modest
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock
- HP Psychic

Empoleon is a bulky pokemon and with the petaya berry and torrent it can pretty much sweep too. HP Psychic is for Fighting and Poison pokemon. Stealth Rocks are always good to have, and if the opponent likes fire pokemon its even better !! He can give hard times to a Sableye and give some damage to his own kind with the grass knot. He is faster than a Honchkrow so you can 1HKO it if you don't miss the Hydro Pump, and survive a moxie boosted sucker punch.

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

His main objective is to kill Heracross and Ghost type pokemon such as Froslass, Grass/Ice pokemon like Abomasnow, Weavile. Psychic is just in case an annoying poison pokemon comes around (Nidoking/Nidoqueen/Skuntank etc)... He doesnt like Stealth Rocks so much tough... So you might want to sweep with him before stealth rocks come in play.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Taunt/Explosion

I use Azelf to taunt recover/stealth rocks/set-ups. All he does is to damage the opponents pokemon as much as posible. He can be used to trick the opponent by using U-turn when u predict a switch... Thunderbolt is useful against water types and togekiss. Psychic is his main attacking move, and if you are lucky enough to give a SpD drop on a bulky pokemon the better. Also at low HP you can explode and ruin your opponents day :).

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Nidoking counters every type of pokemon. Flygon, Yanmega, Druddigon, Nidoking/Nidoqween and can do a lot of damage to other pokemon aswell. I like how he looks too. Earth Power is his stab move so... ya... Fire Blast is for knocking out ice pokemon like Abomasnow and to do some damage to other pokes like ghost types and such. Icebeam is for killing Gligar ( ohh yee ) and Flygon. It has decent defence, a good SpA and with the sheer force and life orb... it can do a lot of damage.

If you guys got some advices... they are very very welcome :).

UPDATE ( thx to shiranai ):

Preview:

Sweeper (Pikachu) @ Light Ball
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Volt Switch
- Substitute
- Brick Break

HitMehIDGAF (Druddigon) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Glare
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Blurp (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Pain Split
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave

Candle :3 (Chandelure) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Le' BOMB (Azelf) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Psyshock
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt

Tweety (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 231 SDef / 25 Spd
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Roar

Team Threats: Gligar, Flygon.​

Hey, I really like the idea of using Pikachu as a revenge killer, since with Ligh Ball Pikachu get Atk status rivalring to Groudon! So, let me see what I can say about your team:

You could focus a little more in a Pikachu sweep, with a backup plan if the yellow mouse gets down (and it will happen a lot since it is really frail). The best way to support Pikachu in it is laying multiple hazards on the field; this way I would reccomend using Qwilfish instead of Empoleon. Your current Empoleon can neither tank hits nor do major damages with Petaya, while Qwilfish can set a layer or two of Spikes, while tanking many physical hits thanks to Intimidate;

With Empoleon gone you will need someone else to set Stealth Rock. Azelf is one of the best setter of Rock thanks to its offensive pressure, being both fast and powerful. This way, tweaking a little the current Azelf build can finish your hazards setupper of the teams. So, instead of Thunderbolt use Stealth Rock, while U-Turn may be dropped so you can keep both Explosion and Taunt. Also, with Explosion you may use Normal Gem, bluffing a Focus Sash, while raising the damage Azelf can do.

Nidoking is a wallbreaker, thanks to its amazing coverage. But also both Pikachu and Specs Chandelure are wallbreakers too. So, I think you should swap Nidoking to a Specially Defensive Zapdos. Zapdos can take most special hits aimed to Qwilfish and recover with Roost, while still keeping decent offensive presence thanks to its naturaly high SAtk. Also, with both Rock and Spikes you can do some damage by simply phazing with Roar, weakening threats to the point Pikachu is able to defeat it.

Since I said to swap Nidoking, I'll say why: Chandelure can also work as a spinblocker. And talking about Chandelure I would say that Trick is better instead of Psychic. Trick can cripple most defensive threats, and most spinners are defensive one; and, except for Blastoise, no spinner will enjoy getting stuck with a Choice Specs. Fire Blast can be prefered in place of Overheat, but only if you will attempt a sweep with it, so it is more of a matter of preferance.

With Pikachu it would be better a Lonely (+Atk, -Def) or Hasty (+Spe, -Def) instead of Adamant;I would prefer a Hasty since you're running Substitute, and Pikachu can outspeed many threats with a base 90 Spe. Pikachu is already frail, so it definitely won't miss the defensive drop, while Volt Switch do miss the SAtk drop from an Adamant nature, and the remaining EVs should go to SAtk, instead of HP, this way Pikachu can get one extra Substitute than the usual 3, while having a better HP for taking Stealth Rock damage.

In Druddigon change the current EVs spread to 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def or 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk. If keeping the more defensive spread, Impish is better than Adamant. Keep in mind that unless the pokemon have a massive HP stats (namely Chansey and Blissey) bulk pokemon must always maximizes HP before either Def or SDef stats. And since you'll be running Spikes and Rocks, Dragon Tail seems like a better option, getting damages from the hazards.

Keep in mind that the defensive changes may not be absolut, since changing defensive pokemon are a lot harder than changing offensive ones, and your offensive core seems fine for me. I really hope I was of some help, and wish the best luck for your team, since a Pikachu sweep must be epic!

Empoleon: swap to Qwilfish
Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Pain Split
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave

Azelf: swap Thunderbolt for Stealth Rock;
swap U-Turn for Taunt;
keep Explosion (maybe change Life Orb for Normal Gem)
Nidoking: swap for SDefensive Zapdos
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt / Discharge (Pikachu may enjoy the paralysis)
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Roar

Chandelure: swap Psychic for Trick; maybe swap Overheat for Fire Blast
Pikachu: swap Adamant for Lonely or Hasty; put the extra 4 EVs in SAtk instead of HP
Druddigon: change the current EVs spread to 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def with Adamant nature or 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk with Bold nature
[/

I don't really understand your thought process with Pikachu's move set, why would you give it Volt Switch? Not only is it a special attack it completely defeats the purpose of getting up a sub. I looked up Pikachu's move pool and Volt Tackle seems like the way to go. If you're not a fan of the decently large recoil then Wild Charge or even Thunder Punch should replace it. And also there's no reason not to replace Static with Lighting Rod, as having an immunity greatly aids Pikachu in getting up a free sub.

I apologize, I should have gotten my facts straight. I think replacing Volt Switch with Wild Charge/Thunder Punch is still a good idea.

I did switch Thunder Punch for a match or two but its better volt switch. I died because i couldn't switch, didn't kill a def pokemon... and I don't need a good electric move if i got extremespeed to finish the job, i got it to safe switch out and give some extra damage.

Drop HP Psychic on Empoleon for Ice Beam. Unless the mon is 4x weak to Psychic, Surf will always do more damage. Even Aqua Jet would benefit Empoleon more than HP Psychic.

Drop HP Psychic on Empoleon for Ice Beam. Unless the mon is 4x weak to Psychic, Surf will always do more damage. Even Aqua Jet would benefit Empoleon more than HP Psychic.
As far as I know (since I saw the replay he posted some time ago) he isn't using Empoleon anymore. But what you state is true.
RobXboy, if you could update your first post you could avoid changes in pokemon that isn't in your team anymore, or changes that you already did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)