Pimpkrow!!! ...and a few other guys.

Pimpkrow!!!...and a few other guys.

Most of the time I don't make very serious teams. Usually you'll probably see my using something like a Virizion, but I'll always throw in something like a Masquerain (Intimidate + Quiver Dance FTW!). This used to be one of those teams, but I decided to "pro it up" a little to support my favorite Pokemon ever, Honchkrow.

It's by no means perfect and I'm not a very good battler (right now this team is sitting at a mighty impressive 1220 on PO :D ), but I enjoy playing with it a lot and I hope it can bet a bit better with your help.

A couple of things before you rate it though: Like I said, I'm not a big fan of the standardish stuff - yes, I know I'm using Jirachi but I had no choice - so please try to not turn this team in to a standard Team of Boredom, although I will use something if you think it will really really help my team. The Pokes I will really never use are Ferrothorn, Latios and I would rather sodomize myself with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than use Eviolite Chansey or Blissey. And of course, Honchkrow is not replaceable.

So enough of my bullshit and let's get into the team:

Terr
akion
@ Choice Band Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

Terrakion is usually my lead. It's raw power is simply amazing and I rarely have a match in which he doesn't kill at least one Pokemon. Do I need to explain the moveset? Guess so.

Close Combat is obvious choice #1. There really is hardly any safe switch into a CB Close Combat from this beast and the few Pokemon that are able to pull that off are usually handled by Stone Edge or X-Scissor. Most importantly, it deals with rock and steel types that bother my Pimpkrow.

What does Stone Edge do...? Well, it misses every fucking time I need it to hit. Other than that, Stone Edge 2HKOs some Gliscors switching into a predicted CC, but since most of them use Protect over Taunt for whatever reason I'll usually have to switch out. It also deals with the flying types that resist CC such as the huge threats Sigilyph and Masquerain...and Dragonite I guess.
X-Scissor is handy for Reuniclus and Latios, even though both of them don't appreciate a Close Combat (except for CM Reuniclus with max Def., but Trick Room seems to be the cool thing to do these days).
Quick Attack cause priority is always nice. I also get style points for ending the match with it. Although I'm thinking of replacing it with EQ since nothing on my team has it.

Synergy:

• Fighting: Chandelure
  • Ground: Honchkrow, Rotom-W
  • Steel: Chandelure, Rotom-W, Jirachi
  • Water: Rotom-W
  • Psychic: Honchkrow, Jirachi
  • Grass: Chandelure, Jirachi, Honchkrow

Chandelure
(F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat/Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

At some point at some time I heard someone say that slapping a Choice Scarf on a modest chandelier was the thing to do, so I gave it a shot and it works nicely. It's Overheat is somewhat of a special version of Terrakion's Stone Edge, except that it doesn't miss at the most convenient times. If you don't resist it and your name is not fat bitch Blissey or morbidly obese Chansey you may want to get the hell out. It does a nice job at handling sun teams, Celebi and really anything that's frail and not scarfed and not Jolteon.
Overheat and Flamethrower are the obvious STAB moves, one for tha powah, the other to clean up at the end of a match or for a reliable revenge kill. They are also yet another way of getting those steel types out of the way for the boss, the man, the krow.
Shadow Ball hits a lot of Pokes pretty hard for neutral damage and can sort of deal with CM Reuniclus. Sort of. The amount of Starmies I have killed with this move is...well, it's high. "Oh, hehe, it's Water vs Fire, I'm gonna win lulz". Yeah, not really.
The last move I am not sure about. I truly despise Gastrodon and it's fellow "I'm only weak to Grass and no one ever uses Grass-types" morons and I used to run Energy Ball, but bulky DD Dragonite was even more annoying so I changed it to HP Ice which can also hit Thudurus, his little brother Landorus that wishes he was as badass as him and Gliscor.

Synergy:

• Ghost: Honchkrow
  • Dark: Honchkrow, Terrakion, Hitmontop
  • Water: Rotom-W
  • Rock: Terrakion, Jirachi, Hitmontop

Honch
krow
(M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Roost

I asked Bruce Buffer if he would introduce Honchkrow for me, but it seems he's busy with UFC 134 (don't tell me who won or you're gonna get swept by Masquerain in every match you'll ever play). Luckily, he needs no introduction because we know how awesome he is. If not, I'll break it down:
Most people still run the set for the old days with Superpower and Heat Wave and what not, but this is just...better. Way, way better. This guy swept teams before I even built this team around him ('cause usually my teambuilding goes like this: Ok...I threw some random shit together, who's my last guy? Honchkrow!)
It's quite simple. Come in on something that's weakened, weak to a STAB move or locked into a convenient Outrage, kick it's face in, get that boost and go from there.
Brave Bird is of course the most important move, reliably 2HKOing Ferrobitch after a Moxie boost and just generally tearing shit up.
It gets a bit more tricky with the Dark-type moves. The thing is, Sucker Punch is obvious. Not Bisharp-obvious, but obvious. It's always a bit of a mindgame if my opponent will predict a SP and set up or status me or if he will attack predicting me to predict that he predicts that...never mind, you get the idea. Nevertheless, it's a very powerful priority move and is vital does to Honchkrow's not so awesome speed.
Pursuit is the other tricky move. I always kill Latios with it at -2 cause it fear the Sucker Punch. That's the great thing about Pursuit. It's not nearly as obvious as SP. Psychic and Ghost types will almost always switch and get pursuited.
Roost is so Pimpkrow can survive a bit longer. I don't use it in the middle of a Brave Bird everything-rampage, but when I see a Mr.Protect (Gliscor) and I know I get a free turn the I will use it.

Synergy
:

• Electric: Umm...well 5 guys are neutral to it. And no, I don't get swept by Thundurus.
  • Ice: Rotom-W, Chandelure, Jirachi
  • Rock: Terrakion, Jirachi, Hitmontop

Rot
om-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

I don't think I need to tell you how useful Rotom-W is. It's great against Sandstorm teams, decent against Rain (I play on PO most of the time, so I have to deal with the Drizzle+Swift Swim horseshit.) and just all around awesome. It cripples physical attackers, it makes good use of fat ass Blissey with Pain Split and it's dual stab moves are very powerful.
Conkeldurr likes to come in on this. I have no idea why because it takes 75% for Hydro Pump...guess they wan't me to Will-o-Wisp, huh? Hydro Pump is amazing and for whatever reason it doesn't miss at the worst times like Terrakion's Fail Edge does.

Thunderbolt is the more reliable STAB move. I use it to finish stuff off when it's weak enough, but most importantly to deal with bulky waters and Gyarados.
Pain Split is one of the most frustrating moves to face. You almost got this thing dead and...oh. 2/3 health again? Seriously, every time I do that to a Blissey it's almost as cool as the Red Sox leading the Yankees in the season series with 10-2...almost.
You know what WoW does. Just don't do it with Conkeldurr around.

Synergy:

• Grass: Jirachi, Chandelure, Honchkrow

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Wish

This used to be a Magnezone. However, my team lacked Stealth Rocks and I could deal with steel types fairly easily anyway, so now I got this thing. Normally I only like the Mixed Attacking Jirachi, but meh...guess I have little choice. It has many useful resistances and only one of it's two weaknesses is really bothersome to me (it gives me 3 Ground type weaknesses).
Stealth Rocks are good so I can get KOs a lot qui...wait, am I really explaining Stealth Rocks to you right now?
Body Slam + Iron Head is so annyoing that I actually annoy myself with it when I use it against someone else. I'm not the kind of guy that will apologize for hax, it's part of the game, but this thing...I don't blame anyone for ragequitting after they get flinched 9 times in a row.
Wish heals stuff. Neat, huh?

Synergy:

• Fire: Terrakion, Chandelure, Rotom-W

Hitmontop
(M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat

Best. Revenge. Killer. Ever. At least in my book. If you happen to be a Pokemon that is unfortunate enough to be at 40% health or less and you're not a Ghost, you're done. It's simple, really. Hit Fake Out, then Mach Punch and it's dead. Since I have a LO and there might be Sand up, I try to avoid useless spamming of Fake Out if I don't really need it.
Fake Out is like a Point Guard. It gives the assist when Mach Punch is not strong enough to do the job on it's own. I try not to use it when I don't have to since it takes 10% of my health as well +6% in the sand.
Mach Punch with Technician is freaking amazing. 40BP + STAB + Technician = 90 BP. It OHKOs Excadrill. It 2HKOs Heatran. It kills everything that doesn't resist it at 1/3 health. Need I say more?
Rapid Spin has replaced Sucker Punch. It's not too big of a loss and it helps out my Hocnkrow and Chandelure a lot. It also gives me a nice laugh when I see people wasting 4 turns on setting up all kinds of crap with their Forretress and then I get rid of it next turn.
I rarely ever use Close Combat, but it's handy for that slow stuff. With an Attack stat of 317 it can do some serious damage as well.

Synergy:

• Psychic: Honchkrow, Jirachi
  • Flying: Rotom-W, Jirachi

Closing comments:
I haven't really come across anything that can reliably beat the hell out of this team (not to say that there isn't anything, I mighty have forgotten about it) Rain teams, especially with Swift Swim are hard to deal with but honestly, if you want to resort to a tactic like that to get a win, please take it. Dragonite and DD Mence are a problem, especially since I only have one Ice move. I really don't want to make Chandelure Timid since that would cut down it's power too much (I've tried it, I don't like it.)
So that concludes this RMT. It's my first one, so feel free to stomp on it, but at least take off your shoes before you do so and remember: I don't want to win the World Championship of Pokemon with this, nor do I plan to take the #1 spot on that ladder, I just want a fun team that works well.

Thanks for reading and go Red Sox!

Importable:
Terrakion @ Choice Band Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

Chandelure (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Overheat
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Honchkrow (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Roost

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Wish

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat

approves this message.

Threat list:

Offensive Threats:
Aerodactyl - Never see it, but I guess it Taunts, then it Rocks and before it can attack it dies.
Breloom - Fodder something useless, then go to Chandelure. Honchkrow outspeeds the standard SubPunch set.
Conkeldurr - Rotom-W, Chandelure and Honchkrow all deal with it. More or less.
Darmanitan - It'll probably kill something (except for Rotom). It's so frail that it can be revenge killed by Hitmontop for almost full health, which it won't have due to Flare Blitz.
Deoxys-S - Hazards. Rapid Spin. Don't care. If it's an offensive variant I'll Sucker Punch it, although maybe a Fake Out is enough to kill it anyway.
Dragonite - Bulky DD: HP Ice from Chandelure. Should still outspeed after 1 DD. Offensive DD: This is a kind of a problem. I have to bait it to lock itself into Outrage and paralyse it with Jirachi. If it has Dragon Claw it will have Life Orb so I can revenge kill it eventually (Yes, I know that's not a solid strategy).
Empoleon - Never see it. Rotom, Terrakion and Hitmontop can deal with it I guess.
Espeon - Honchkrow all the way!
Excadrill - Can't do much to Rotom unless it gets magical flinches. It's OHKO'd by a Mach Punch, so yeah...
Gengar - Annoying. Chandelure outspeeds and OHKOs, if it's choiced Honchkrow deals with it easily. It always dies somehow, can't really say how.
Gyarados - I usually stuff it in a washing machine.
Haxorus - Similar to Darmanitan. Something will probably die, but it gets revenge killed easily.
Heatran - Terrakion, Hitmontop, Rotom-W. That should be enough. Besides, whenever I use it it always just dies. Must be similar for some other folks.
Heracross - About as rare as a win for the Houston Astros. I imagine that it can't do much to Chandelure and Jirachi.
Hydreigon - Almost always choiced. If it is, Jirachi and Chandelure can handle it, if it's LO then a Mach Punch will kill it sooner or later. Usually sooner.
Infernape - Chandelure easily handels all Stone Edge free variants, Rotom-W takes care of those.
Jirachi - It's so annoying...it can't pull it's Body Slam bullshit on Chandelure though, Rotom-W resists the hell out if it'S iron head and can burn it's haxxy ass.
Jolteon - Jirachi walls it kind of, it's frail as hell so Hitmontop can kill it with priority.
Kingdra - Assuming that there is no Drizzle + Swift Swim bullshit going on, this thing is no problem. If there is I can either try to handle it with Rotom or paralyse it with Jirachi. If it's a Specs Kingdra spamming Hydro Pump in the rain I like to resort to the tactic of telling my opponent to go fuck a goat.
Kyurem - I have played well over 200 battles (wild guess) with all kinds of different teams. I never ever ever see this. So I don't care. Fighting moves are fun.
Landorus - Rotom-W for all versions, Chandelure for the Scarfless.
Latios - Jirachi all day. And there is nothing funnier than Pursuiting this piece of shit with Honchkrow.
Lilligant - Rarely ever see it. If it has Quiver, Solar Beam, HP Fire and whatever, Chandelure takes care of it. If not...hell, I don't know. Noone uses this.
Lucario - Mach Punch to tha dome. Chandelure is immune to ExtremeSpeed (bet you didn't know that) and might outspeed. Just barely.
Machamp - Honchkrow. Terrakion to some extent. Rotom can burn it. It's kinda like Gengar. It always dies somehow.
Magnezone - It' handled by a lost of things, but I gotta watch out that it doesn't trap Jirachi. Although...it could probably paralyse it and 84HKO it.
Mamoswine - See Lucario. Owned by prority, it's own prority move does nothing.
Metagross - It's been a while since I've seen an Agility sweeper. Such a long while that I can't even tell what I would do. Rotom-W compeltely walls it if it's the standard set.
Mienshao - I salute my opponent for using this beast and take care of it with Chandelure or Hitmontop. Honchkrow would probably die to a HJK.
Reuniclus - CM: 3 of my guys have super-effective moves against this. Since it doesn't outspeed anything, it's not a big deal. Trick Room: Usually has three attacks and is a lot less defensive, so a Sucker Punch will do nice damage and it has nothing to OHKO Honchkrow.
Roserade - I think Rapid Spin is an appropriate counter since all it does it put shit to sleep and set up Spikes.
Salamence - Any Mence that does not use a speed boosting move is no problem. If it does, I have to resort to the same tactic I do with Dragonite.
Sawsbuck - Mach Punch to tha do...well, you know. It's frail and weak to Fighting which means instant death. And by instant I mean after a Fake Out and a Mach Punch.
Scizor - Rotom-W all day. Chandelure the rest of the day.
Scrafty- Honchkrow destroys it. That's all that matters.
Shaymin - The krow and chandelier take care of it.
Sigilyph - Immediately switch to Rotom-W and just smack it with T-Bolts before it gets +32/+93 defenses.
Smeargle - It will put something to sleep, do something gay and pass that gayness on to something. I can usually try to stop this process with Hitmontop...it works a lot.
Starmie - I mentioned in my Chandelure description how it usually dies. Can't do much to Jirachi and Rotom-W takes it out..
Terrakion - Hitmontop all the way.
Thundurus - HP Ice from Chandelure takes care of it nicely. It can't OHKO Jirachi so I can usually paralyse it. It's not a big deal and I really don't get why it's about to be banned. Latios on the other hand...
Tornadus - Assuming it's the Choice Specs Hurricane spamming piece of crap, I deal with it in a similar fashion as I do with Thundurus, only that Rotom-W checks it as well.
Tyranitar - Look at my team. Now look at T-Tar's weaknesses. Do I need to tell you how I deal with it?
Venusaur - Chandelure. If it happens to have Earthquake which it almost never does...no idea. Maybe Honchkrow can live a whatever from it and Brave Bird it, but I have no idea, I've never seen one with EQ.
Victini - I immediately forfeit because it's my 2nd favorite Pokemon and I don't want the guy using it to lose.
Virizion - Physical: Chandelure takes care of it, Hitmontop can revenge kill it. Calm Mind: Honchkrow can Brave Bird, Hitmontop can revenge it and worst case I can go for that speed tie which I never win with Terrakion.
Volcarona - Terrakion has Stone Edge, It doesn't resist fire and it's on sun teams a lot, so Chandelure can really hurt it. I have to make sure that it doesn't Quiver Dance too much.
Weavile - M to the A to the C to the...whatever.
Zoroark - Hitmontop has no problem with it, although I will usually fall for the Illusion and something gets killed cause I'm a moron.

Defensive threats will follow someday.

Nice team bro! It looks pretty hard to break. As for D-Nite and Mence...

Mamoswine @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4hp/252atk/252spd
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Superpower
-Icicle Crash/Stealth Rock
Revenges Dragons, kills Thundurus with SR support. I use Mamo to great sucess. I'll let you decide who you want to replace, if anyone. GL

Also, cometosmogonserverwedonthavedrizzleandswiftswim.

Use a set of this for Hitmontop:
Hitmontop@Life Orb
Adamant nature252hp/252atk/4def
-rapid spin
-mach punch
-sucker punch
-fake out

This set can spin for your honchkrow and chandelure, while being able to check excadrill with a combination of fake out and mach punch. It's only slightly different from your current set, but close combat is better on terrakion.

I love Honchkrow. I used to use Honchkrow all the time in gen4, but this gen with all the excadrill running around i stopped using it. I might consider using him on the next team I make.
This is a pretty cool team, good luck!

I'll give that Rapid Spin on Hitmontop a shot. Unfortunately I don't think I can fit Mamo into this team. The only thing it could really replace is probably Terrakion and that's not a trade I'd like to make. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll try to get that threatlist started today.

3 things :P

Firstly you may appreciate this?

Secondly I'd at least give Mamo a chance over Terrakion, it can be just as powerful.

Thirdly if you are going to use rapid spin on Hitmontop (which you really should) replace sucker punch.

Hope this helped, I may come back later to do in depth.

1) I for one prefer this honchkrow set,

Honchkrow w/ leftovers
Moxie and 252hp/ 251Atk/ 8Spe.

- Substitute
- brave Bird
- Roost
- Sucker Punch

This is my custom set which I love so much, you're the first person ive given it too, This poke almost single handedly got me to 1250 in UU, What he does is, forces switches, subs. Then If i cant touch the switch in i roost and go on my merry way. (Before people nag me Krow is too frail to use Roost, the point of the set is to only roost behind subs.) Or If they dont know how to deal with krow, and they try to fodder something out then revenge, i can sucker ounch the fodder and have a sub and +1 to face their next poke. Krow reaches 404 subs, so often the best way to use the set is to use things like deoxy's D, bliss, clef and chansey as set up fodder. the reason i have 8 speed as opposed to 4, is so i can outspeed other base 55's most notabkey blissey. This is not the easied Krow set to use, it needs to be used right to work but i beleive the reward is worth it.

2) If you want to fix the synergy a bit, use bronzong, he lowers ground weakness', only has 3 less attack than rachi, checks excadrill and get stealth rock.

3) Id replace overheat for energy ball on chandelure. Having both overheat and flamethrower on a choice set doesnt make sense to me. Plus if gastro is walling rotom which he will, You can double switch to chandelure for either the kill or just for some initiative. Id also replace flamethrower for fire blast.

Nice Honchkrow love / general annoyance with everyone's use of the same 12 pokémon. On that note, I quoted your adoration for Blissey. Hope that's ok.

@lionrt60: Thanks for the sprite. I put Rapid Spin on Hitmontop and I tested Mamoswine, but I don't like it a lot. I can still defeat Dragonite and Mence without it, not as easily, but it works out. In the recent battles I've had I had quite a few situations where I thought "Damn, I could really use that Terrakion".

@WuA: I'll try that set, although Pursuit has been really helpful so far. Replacing Jirachi with Bronzong is a possibility, but the problem with that is that Hitmontop, especially now that it has Rapid Spin + Life Orb, really benefits from the Wish support. Plus, it's nice to be able to flinchhax as a last resort. Then again, it would be nice against Dragons.

@munkieKONG: Thanks, and go ahead and use that quote :D. I fixed it in my original post, I had no idea how to spell barbed wire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)