XY OU Pincer Movement

image.jpg

Ok, this is my first RMT, so I hope you like it! I've been pretty successful with this one. I guess I would classify it as Semi-Stall or maybe Balanced.

image.jpg

Pincer Bullet (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Scizor. Ah, Scizor. Scizor here's my primary win condition. First, I have to scout in Team Preview to watch out for things like Charizard or Talon, or things that usually carry strong Fire-type moves. If I see none, it makes my game a heck of a lot easier, but if I do see one, Hippo can OHKO Talon with Rock Slide while surviving a Brave Bird, Charizard X falls to Latias most times and Charizard Y also gets killed easily by Rock Slide. If all threats to a sweep are dispatched, I switch in to setup bait, Mega Evolve, Swords Dance as they switch, and wreak havoc with Bullet Punch and Knock Off. Roost is there to make sure that powerful attackers don't get the best of me.

image.jpg

Sands of Doom (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Hippowdon is Scizor's best bud. He handles most of those annoying Fire-types Scizor can't handle and in general walls a ton of stuff. He's also my go-to lead, scouting for any dangerous moves that could end a Scizor sweep and taking little damage in the process. Earthquake is the primary STAB move and Rock Slide to get Talon, Charizard Y, and all other things that resist or are immune to Earthquake, giving Hippo false EdgeQuake coverage. Slack Off for additional recovery, and Whirlwind to stop a setup or get rid of something too dangerous to handle. I thought about using Stealth Rock, but I don't really want to lose any of these moves.

image.jpg

Latias the Almighty (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Thunderbolt

Latias defogs away Stealth Rock and stuffs. Draco Meteor kills things like Char X and Thunderbolt kills other things. Healing Wish is there if Latias has done her job and I need a quick heal of, say, Scizor or someone. I thought about using Latios, but I decided that taking hits for Scizor was more important than dishing it out. Latias can be a potent attacker on her own, though.

image.jpg

Jack the Breaker (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Mew is pretty much my secondary win condition. He's my stallbreaker, easily stopping stallish things like Mega Venasaur, who I can't handle too well otherwise. He Taunts as Venu Leech Seeds, Will-O-Wisps, and proceeds to annoy the enemy with Knock Off, gradual burn damage, and Slack Off. I sometimes also lead with Knock Off on things with Lefties. Of course, Mew can't handle powerful Dark-types and Ghost-types like Bisharp, Mandibuzz, and Gengar too well (though if Mew outspeeds, it can usually 2HKO Gengar with Knock Off). Luckily, Scizor beats Gengar with Knock Off and resists Knock Off himself. If Scizor's dead or permanently crippled and I'm in a dangerous mid-game position, Mew can come in and stall the opponent to death while switching to Hippo occasionally. Mew has caused many a rage-quit by driving the opponent insane.

image.jpg

Azure Wave (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Scald

Vaporeon's my cleric. As enemies have the unfortunate tendency to burn Scizor, Vaporeon's there to heal him or anyone else up with Heal Bell and sometimes Wish. Wish + Protect can also be used for self-healing, though Lefties is usually enough unless I'm facing a monstrous attacker. Protect for stalling and healing, pretty standard. Scald is there in case of a Taunt or if I want to try and get a burn on them.

image.jpg

Untouchable (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stored Power

Clef here handles Dragons exquisitely and can absorb status or other annoying things with Magic Guard. Sometimes people try to Toxic it even when I've already switched since they expect the Unaware variant. Unaware would certainly help against setup sweepers, but I've found that most of the time Mega Char X and company don't even try to set up because they predict the ability wrong (unless I switch into SR and take no damage). Calm Mind for Calm Minding purposes, Moonblast as my main STAB move, Soft-Boiled to regain HP, etc etc. Stored Power is incredibly powerful once I've got a good number of Calm Minds up.

Play: Basically, lead with Hippo to scout moves and wall. Whirlwind if necessary. Switch Scizor into something it can take, SD, sweep. Mew to counter stalling and win if Scizor's dead, Latias to Defog and help Scizor, Clef to take Dragons and things, and Vaporeon to heal the team.

So, there it is. All advice appreciated!

Last edited:
I think is just a mistake but you should put techinichan on scizor. And there's a little mistake on vaporeon's evs i guess.

Nice team :) . The combo mew + clefable breaks all stall and zor is a good cleaner.

But i see something strange on hippo : why do ya have whirlwind withouth stealt rocks? you can try to replace ww with rocks, it helps ya with pokès like talon and mega pinsir that can give some troubles. pay attention to their dances.

Thanks! Vaporeon's evs ARE messed up. I think it was 252 in Defense. I'll fix that. Scizor is intended to have Light Metal since it really won't be attacking before it Mega-Evolves, and then it has Technician anyway. Light Metal minimizes damage from Grass Knot.

I'll consider adding SR, but I think Rock Slide is good enough for my purposes. Whirlwind isn't for gradual damage, but for getting rid of things that would 2HKO Hippo or something so that either they're forced to give me a free turn or I can switch in Scizor for free pickings.

i usually use hippo with rock slide/ eq/ s rock and slack off. it's quite good (even if i prefer have hippo with rock&ww + another check for flying types). ya can try to use rocks, are good too break focus sash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)