Ability: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 204 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Volt Switch is extremly useful to pivot if needed or to switch out. Hidden Power Fire is the most important move on a magnet pull magnezone because it enables KOs on most commonly used steel types in the OU meta game e.g. Bisharp(10,5% Usage), Ferrothorn(16% Usage),Mega- and Normal Scizor(16,2% Usage). Flash Cannon is used as a secondary STAB but more importantly to hit Fairy super effectiv. Thunderbolt is used a stronger STAB so it is able to kill Scarf Keldo, Azumarill without Superpower and Gyarados without EQ and Mega.

The defense and HP EVs in addition to the bold nature are used to minimize the DMG it takes from Scizor's Superpower, Keldo's Secret Sword and other physical moves giving me more switch-in potential. 252 SpA EVs are needed to maximize the power of HP Fire and his other moves giving me more OHKO or 2HKO. 48 Speed EVs are used to outspeed non invested Adamant Scizor, Wall Sylveon, Chesnaught and 44 Spd EV Empoleon.

252 SpA Expert Belt Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 384-456 (118.8 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Secret Sword 66.6 - 79.4% (Scarf Keldo)
Hydro Pump 69.1 - 81.9% (Scarf Keldo)

252 SpA Expert Belt Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 269-317 (78.4 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Bullet Punch 5.6 - 6.7% (Bulky SD Mega Scizor)
Knock Off 25.5 - 30.1% (Bulky SD Mega Scizor)

252 SpA Expert Belt Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 317-374 (112.8 - 133%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Bullet Punch 7 - 8.5%(Offensive Mega Scizor)
Knock Off 31.2 - 36.8%(Offensive Mega Scizor)
Superpower 76.5 - 90.7%(Offensive Mega Scizor)

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
Focus Sash with Endeavor reliably brings something to 1 HP and that is awesome paired with the Priorty on Weavile. Stealth Rock is almost mandatory for a lead pokemon since it gives my team vital OHKO chances. Close Combat hits super hard since its STAB and it its other common lead mons pretty hard.Taunt is there to fruther cripple other lead pokemons like Ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Ferrothorn is a great Stealth Rock user because of its natrual bulk and ability to counter commonly used Defoggers or Spinners, such as Latios, Latias, and Excadrill. Leech Seed plus Protect gives Ferrothorn a pretty easy way to recover health combined with Leftovers it gains a great way to sustain through some threats without a fire move.I choose Knock Off over Gyro Ball because imo it is one of the best moves in the meta game and makes walling things way easier.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind
- Focus Blast

Shadow Ball is Gengar's main STAB, as its good coverage is extremly reliable. Altough Sludge Wave is a a good STAB I found the coverage its provides quite useless in this team and therefore I choose Thunderbolt over it to KO threats like Specs Keldo. Focus Blast gives Gengar the ability to hit quite a few mons in meta super effective. Icy Wind is to have coverage vs Ground, Dragon and Flying types.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Draco Meteor is a powerful STAB move and hits its usual switch-ins hard. Earthquake is useful for hitting Fire-types super effectively. Fire Blast hits stuff that resits EQ. Stone Edge is for Talonflame and other things weak to rock.I want to kick him because he feels underwhelming.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Icicle Crash and Knock Off are Weavile's hardest hitting STAB moves giving good coverage and good side effects. Ice Shard paired with Weavile's power make a hard hitting Priotry move which its things like Lando-T and Dragon types super hard. Pursuit is used to pursuit trap things and kill them.​

Last edited:
Infernape AND Ferrothorn with Stealth Rock? Maybe Spikes in Ferrothorn to more pressure in switchs.
Trick over Icy Wind or Thunderbolt for Chansey imo. Cool team.

A few things I'm gonna say.
  1. Mega Garchomp's main purpose is to be a Sand Abuser and Wallbreaker due to its ability, Sand Force, and this team has no Sand Setters.
  2. You have two Stealth Rock users and no hazard removal.
  3. Stall is VERY ANNOYING to this team (Mega Sableye literally sets up CMs on everything and 6-0es and gengar not having taunt or something is a bummer).
  4. The team is weak to a bunch of offensive mons too, including Mega Manectric, Talonflame, SD Bisharp (Mag and chomp aren't counters), SD Excadrill (Ferrothorn is NOT a counter to it), Keldeo, fast (Mega) Scizor (set up on Ferro, Weavile, or Gengar, weaken Infernape and win) and Belly Drum Azumarill ( gengar is not a counter at all and no power whip on ferro and slow Mag doesn't help), among others.
  5. Magnezone usually is Choiced because its coverage isn't really good enough to efficiently use Expert Belt.
I strongly suggest Hippowdon > Infernape. It checks Bisharp, Talonflame, Excadrill (to an extent) and Mega Manectric, among others. It also provides some nice support utility with Stealth Rock as well as sand for Chomper. On Ferrothorn, I suggest Spikes > Stealth Rock , Gyro Ball > Knock Off, and Power Whip > Protect along with the new spread of 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD. It checks Mega Altaria and the Lati twins better and is able to at least do nice damage to Azumarill.

A few things I'm gonna say.
  1. Mega Garchomp's main purpose is to be a Sand Abuser and Wallbreaker due to its ability, Sand Force, and this team has no Sand Setters.
  2. You have two Stealth Rock users and no hazard removal.
  3. Stall is VERY ANNOYING to this team (Mega Sableye literally sets up CMs on everything and 6-0es and gengar not having taunt or something is a bummer).
  4. The team is weak to a bunch of offensive mons too, including Mega Manectric, Talonflame, SD Bisharp (Mag and chomp aren't counters), SD Excadrill (Ferrothorn is NOT a counter to it), Keldeo, fast (Mega) Scizor (set up on Ferro, Weavile, or Gengar, weaken Infernape and win) and Belly Drum Azumarill ( gengar is not a counter at all and no power whip on ferro and slow Mag doesn't help), among others.
  5. Magnezone usually is Choiced because its coverage isn't really good enough to efficiently use Expert Belt.
I strongly suggest Hippowdon > Infernape. It checks Bisharp, Talonflame, Excadrill (to an extent) and Mega Manectric, among others. It also provides some nice support utility with Stealth Rock as well as sand for Chomper. On Ferrothorn, I suggest Spikes > Stealth Rock , Gyro Ball > Knock Off, and Power Whip > Protect along with the new spread of 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD. It checks Mega Altaria and the Lati twins better and is able to at least do nice damage to Azumarill.
Yeah I adopted the Ferrothorn changes I just tested it like that it is way outclassed by the normal set on this team.Altough Hippo is a cool poke a did not bad I feel that Mega Chomp on this team is actually quite bad. Other all I think I will try to replace the Mega while I keeping Infernape it gives me at least an option to kill Exacrill and some other threats. I also swaped out Expert Belt for Choice Specs for overall better DMG output.

Nice team :)
I somewhat struggle trying to figure out the objective of the team. You have a bulky magnezone, ferrothorn and to a degree Garchomp, alligned with a squishy gengar, weaville and infernape. Try inserting a legitimate pivot which lets you switch in your squishies easier. Magnezone can do this to a degree, however is easily worn down with such low speed. Infernape is my favourite pokemon, and i know first hand he struggles as a lead this gen with landorus-T and garchomps everywhere. Infernape is still viable, but he can't be entirely lead orientated. My lead infernape is;
Infernape @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
This set is stronger than a suicide lead infernape, as the latter is irrelevant against any team with loppuny, or one of the many pokemon who can carry defog/rapid spin. Additionally it lets you hit the pesky leads you will commonly see.
Secondly, I'm unsure about the relevance of Magnezone on the team. Your team has ample answers to steel types and honestly doesn't need a trapper. You could either make Magnezone relevant by replacing the Garchomp you're unhappy with with something that requires steel types removed to sweep, or remove the magnezone and put in a legitimate pivot.
I recommend running trick on Gengar's choice sets, that way you can really disrupt the opponents team and make it easier for your Garchomp and Weaville to deal some damage.
Best of luck on the ladder friend :D

Hello there! Off the bat, I noticed a rather big Keldeo weakness and I see that you wrote "Mega Garchomp feels underhwleming". You have a rather big Talonflame weakness as well and some of your sets are a bit off so let's get into it.

First off, I propose a change of Mega Garchomp -> Hippowdon. This will provide you a better birdcheck, electric-check, Charizard-X check and it provides a rocker which frees up your Infernape slot. This means that Infernape -> Starmie can happen which allows you to fix this big Keldeo weakness while having an easier way to beat Heatran and hazard removal for Weavile. Mega Alakazam is a huge threat to your team so an optional change of Ferrothorn -> Mega Scizor would allow you to check the likes of Mega Alakazam and Mega Gardevoir a lot better, helping the team significantly. It also helps vs offense with the extra priority.

Your Gengar set would be more optimal at wallbreaking with an item change of
Choice Specs -> Life Orb. This allows Gengar to switch up its moves to punish walls and Thunderbolt -> Sludge Wave gives Gengar a powerful secondary STAB which lets it break past fairies, stallbreak and TBolt doesn't really have much significant coverage anyway. Taunt -> Icy Wind will also help it stallbreak and Weavile/Starmie easily deal with Gliscor anyway. A Choice Specs Magnezone should be 4 HP / 204 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe -> 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe as those EVs maximize power and Magnezone's job is not to check Keldeo. The Ferrothorn EVs should be changed from 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def -> 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpDef if you keep Ferrothorn to check Manaphy better. Protect -> Power Whip allows this to happen also.

tl;dr

->

->

->
, Thunderbolt -> Sludge Wave, Icy Wind -> Taunt

optional

->

importable of changes

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Recover

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

optional:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Nice team :)
I somewhat struggle trying to figure out the objective of the team. You have a bulky magnezone, ferrothorn and to a degree Garchomp, alligned with a squishy gengar, weaville and infernape. Try inserting a legitimate pivot which lets you switch in your squishies easier. Magnezone can do this to a degree, however is easily worn down with such low speed. Infernape is my favourite pokemon, and i know first hand he struggles as a lead this gen with landorus-T and garchomps everywhere. Infernape is still viable, but he can't be entirely lead orientated. My lead infernape is;
Infernape @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
This set is stronger than a suicide lead infernape, as the latter is irrelevant against any team with loppuny, or one of the many pokemon who can carry defog/rapid spin. Additionally it lets you hit the pesky leads you will commonly see.
Secondly, I'm unsure about the relevance of Magnezone on the team. Your team has ample answers to steel types and honestly doesn't need a trapper. You could either make Magnezone relevant by replacing the Garchomp you're unhappy with with something that requires steel types removed to sweep, or remove the magnezone and put in a legitimate pivot.
I recommend running trick on Gengar's choice sets, that way you can really disrupt the opponents team and make it easier for your Garchomp and Weaville to deal some damage.
Best of luck on the ladder friend :D
For some reason or another I dont play with mixed Infernape to its full strength. I will keep him in mind but for now I wont change him.

Hello there! Off the bat, I noticed a rather big Keldeo weakness and I see that you wrote "Mega Garchomp feels underhwleming". You have a rather big Talonflame weakness as well and some of your sets are a bit off so let's get into it.

First off, I propose a change of Mega Garchomp -> Hippowdon. This will provide you a better birdcheck, electric-check, Charizard-X check and it provides a rocker which frees up your Infernape slot. This means that Infernape -> Starmie can happen which allows you to fix this big Keldeo weakness while having an easier way to beat Heatran and hazard removal for Weavile. Mega Alakazam is a huge threat to your team so an optional change of Ferrothorn -> Mega Scizor would allow you to check the likes of Mega Alakazam and Mega Gardevoir a lot better, helping the team significantly. It also helps vs offense with the extra priority.

Your Gengar set would be more optimal at wallbreaking with an item change of
Choice Specs -> Life Orb. This allows Gengar to switch up its moves to punish walls and Thunderbolt -> Sludge Wave gives Gengar a powerful secondary STAB which lets it break past fairies, stallbreak and TBolt doesn't really have much significant coverage anyway. Taunt -> Icy Wind will also help it stallbreak and Weavile/Starmie easily deal with Gliscor anyway. A Choice Specs Magnezone should be 4 HP / 204 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe -> 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe as those EVs maximize power and Magnezone's job is not to check Keldeo. The Ferrothorn EVs should be changed from 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def -> 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpDef if you keep Ferrothorn to check Manaphy better. Protect -> Power Whip allows this to happen also.

tl;dr

->

->

->
, Thunderbolt -> Sludge Wave, Icy Wind -> Taunt

optional

->

importable of changes

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Recover

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

optional:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Hope this helps!
I already change the Ferrothorn EVs I just forgot to change them in the thread thx for reminding me. Concerning Slugde Wave on Gengar while a secondary STAB is nice and all I found it being way worse than a better coverage move. I think with the number of water and flying types in OU thunderbolt is a overall better coverage move since I already have to steel STABs to deal with fariy. Life Orb over Specs is a choice which is in my opinion something that comes down to personal preferance,but I will test life orb and see if it works out better for me. For me personaly the Magnezone set as it is, is way more reliable than the full offense one.Relying on a supbar Speed stat while not using a decent Def stat seems inferior to me. Altough I am not a extremly good player, I play comp Poke now for a while and in my whole time I never seen a Magnezone on the enemy team and said to myself darn that thing will rip me apart because of his Sweeping potential. I know that this not the reason behind runing a Mangezone, but I feel like a pokemon that after it has done its Job falls off super hard is meh at best. So I start to create a set that still has the strong hitting power to dish out them sweet OHKO agaisnt steel types but is also able to tank some hits and this is how this set came to life. Also I know that Magnezone is not a Keldo check.However, it is important to note that it can check if needed. I will test your pokemon changes but with the changes you make Magnezone seems even more redundant so I will think about an overall new team kinda at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)