Pinsir Assault Squad [Peaked 1800]

Hello everyone, this is my first RMT!

I decided to play hyper offense once the mega-monsters come out this generation bringing a new era of fast and raw power.
My master piece is obviously Mega-Pinsir. I was so excited to see a first gen pokemon coming back with a such powerfull and impressive mega-évolution. He did not deceived me so far, and become more and more popular as expected, so great evolution. This is one of the best team i've made so far and i hope you will enjoy it!

Building process:

1. I choose Deoxys-S at first, he has enought speed to spread out at least one layer of hazards and can taunt every opposing SR setters.

2. Bisharp got a magnificent dark/fairy buff this gen and i believe is one of the best team mate for Deo-brothers, if not completely nescessary to prevent those ubiquitous and untimely defogs.

3. Aegislash pairs well with the two foregoing mons and is substancially the best anti-spinner right now. He works as a defensive pivot able to massive damages with the ghost type buff of shadowball.

4. I choose Rotom-W to be the second bulky member of the pivot core, both resisting every weaknesses each other. The Volt switch attack is the obvious key move i needed to gain momentum. Deoxys-S was replaced by his little brother because he did the job as good as him with the Red Card item.

5. Garchomp is here to bring me further resistances (especially fire and electric immunity). He's bulky, fast and powerfull, and can hit fairies thank to the ground stab. Enought to pick him in my team.

6. The MVP Pinsir takes the last slot. He is a such good wallbreaker and late game finisher. Definitively love him.
The team:

Deoxys-Defense @ Red Card
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Deoxys-D has sunny days ahead with the decision to not ban his big S brother. The EV's are simple, as much as bulk and speed as possible to lay out the maximum of hazards possible. Taunt prevents opponents hazards or defog and Magic Coat is here for faster opponents like Terrakion or Garchomp.
Red Card is the item of choice to get a second chance for a second layer. If i'm the first to set the SR, i've a chance to bring a 25% or even 50% rocks weak pokémon. This is marvelous.
There is two threats able to shut me down in one hit, LO Bisharp and Aegislash, but i'm still faster. I also don't like trickers but they are rather rare those days.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Bisharp
is godlike in the metagame. His double type give him an almost perfect neutral coverage and he don't fears any fairies except M-Mawile. The defiant ability is also huge to get + 2 over defog and +1.5 over intimidate, that means a lot of sweep opportunites without any set up move. The EV's in speed are done to outspeed defensive Rotom-w, Landorus-T and Heatran.
For the move set, everything is classic except Pursuit, which is a good way to take care of Latias and others low psys. I've to say Knock Off is incredible, the strongness of that stab and the extra effect can change the course of a match. Sucker Punch is a cool pseudo-priority but has to be used with parsimony if you don't want to be a set up opportunity (i mean sub) or get status.

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Air Ballon
on Aegislash, yes. It's a great lure against Excadrill, the most used spinner.
0 Atk Sacred Sword + Shadow Sneak = 102.3 - 121.2%. You always secure the K.O
16 speed EV's are here to outspeed slow natured Tyranitar, the rest goes in bulk and s.atk.
Aegislash has a great coverage and i don't needed a 4th move. I prefered the King Shield to scout attack and reduce potential OHKO attacks. Note that the ballon will make Subgliscor defenseless.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

What a passkey pokémon! Rotom-W fits in every teams and check so many threats: T-flame, M-Pinsir, Scizor...
At first, i choose to add speed and s.attack but i've found that a defensive set to be more usefull, volt switch is enought to get momentum. The physical defensive designed for the new metagame is the most appropriated set. ChestoRest increase the longevity and give me a way to absorb and then get rid of status.

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SAtk / 252 Atk
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Garchomp the beast is here to do massive damage and bring a load of resistances. The scarf option is perfect to outspeed the most threatening pokémon such as Charizard +1 or Thundurus-I ( who fails to prio-paralyze ). You can switch FB for Outrage for more power but i've found it was not worthwhile when fairies and steels are roaming in OU. Fire Blast can roast the bulky M-Scizor and 2HKO Skarmory.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
Hapiness: 1
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake

Oh yeah! M-Pinsir is here to do crush nearly everything. He eats annoying Venusaurs and Conkeldurrs for breakfast. Mold Breaker is here to lure Rotom-w. Jolly nature is really needed to outspeed lot of stuff. If i accomplish a +2 atk boost, i can easily 2HKO counters. The cherry on the cake is that boosted priority.
Earthquake should be the only 4th move needed to get rid of Aegislash, Rotom-W, Heatran, etc.

Threats:

Espeon (and M-Absol): Basically the Deoxys-D nemesis. Can't do too much until i pursuited/killed it.

Sableye: Another Deoxy-D problem, i can magic coat but i will always take Foul Play/Knock Off damages.

"EX-" Threats:

Thundurus-I : Outspeed most of my team, has a good coverage and spread paralysis. Aegislash can take hits but if he's here i really need the SR up to limits the damage taken.

M-Charizard X/Y : The team does not like their raw power, especially with fire weaknesses but i can easily RK them with Garchomp, Pinsir or priorities.

PS: I'm sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language but if you see uggly faults PM me to correct them!

Here the importable:

Deoxys-Defense @ Red Card
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Happiness: 1
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake

EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SAtk / 252 Atk
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
I do not own images, credits to their DeviantArt, Tumblr and blog creators.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As you stated yourself, Thundurus-I and CharXY are huge threats to your team, especially the latter. Your team is also a bit CB Talonflame weak (what offensive team isn't?), as it can easily pick off all your Pokemon except for Aegislash's King's Shield. Your Rotom-w can't take repeated hits, especially if it lacks ChestoRest, so you can't depend on it throughout the entirety of the match, and a smart player can easily take advantage of that.

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Rotom-W: 91-108 (29.9 - 35.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

That, combined with possible SR and lack of ChestoRest as stated earlier can put you in a pretty bad situation.

CharXY are pretty obvious threats. CharY just spams Fire Blast while giving 0 fucks about anything, really. The only things that resists Fire on your team are Rotom-W and Garchomp. The former is taken care of with Solar Beam, and the latter.. well, takes a lot from Fire Blast and Solar Beam as well. CharX rips through your entire team after a single DD, I don't think I need to explain on that. Thundurus-I can just punch holes simply by spamming Thunderbolt, and LO/Nasty Plot is destructive, as you have to work around having to rely on a mixture of Aegislash and Mega Pinsir to revenge it with either Shadow Sneak or Quick Attack.

Luckily, I have a solution in mind that solves all of these problems with very little changes to your team: simply changing SD Garchomp into Scarf Garchomp. This also fixes your Volcarona weakness, although I guess that's much more manageable since your team is built to pressure the opponent into not using Defog, or using it and suffering from a potential Bisharp sweep.

EVs: 252 Spe / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge

This set lets you reliably check and revenge-kill all of the aforementioned threats, with ease. The only thing it needs to watch out for is Thundurus's HP Ice, if you want to switch it in.

I would also suggest giving Rotom-W Chesto Berry and Rest over Leftovers and HP Ice/Tbolt. I know you like hitting CM Keldeo and Gyarados, but you can easily Volt Switch in their faces and then switch into either Mega Pinsir, who loves Quick Attacking Keldeo and Returning Gyarados, or Aegislash who doesn't take much from what they can carry, except if it's Earthquake Gyarados, and Specs Hydro Pump I guess. This gives your Rotom-W a chance for a second life, it can also sometimes bluff a scarf set if the opponent sees no Leftovers, but that's not always the case against a smart player, so don't always depend on it. I would also suggest changing the spread into a traditional, flat-out 252 HP/4 Spe/252 Def Bold spread, but if you like your current one then it's fine.

I'm not that weak to t-flame because he can't allow itself to come more than 2 times if SR are up ( recoil damages ). The chesto recovery is an acceptable option, i'll try it.

The scarf garchomp seems to be a good idea but i'm a bit affraid to be locked on fairies or skarmory too easily, should i put fireblast somewhere?

Thank for your suggestions.

As you stated yourself, Thundurus-I and CharXY are huge threats to your team, especially the latter. Your team is also a bit CB Talonflame weak (what offensive team isn't?), as it can easily pick off all your Pokemon except for Aegislash's King's Shield. Your Rotom-w can't take repeated hits, especially if it lacks ChestoRest, so you can't depend on it throughout the entirety of the match, and a smart player can easily take advantage of that.

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Rotom-W: 91-108 (29.9 - 35.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

That, combined with possible SR and lack of ChestoRest as stated earlier can put you in a pretty bad situation.

CharXY are pretty obvious threats. CharY just spams Fire Blast while giving 0 fucks about anything, really. The only things that resists Fire on your team are Rotom-W and Garchomp. The former is taken care of with Solar Beam, and the latter.. well, takes a lot from Fire Blast and Solar Beam as well. CharX rips through your entire team after a single DD, I don't think I need to explain on that. Thundurus-I can just punch holes simply by spamming Thunderbolt, and LO/Nasty Plot is destructive, as you have to work around having to rely on a mixture of Aegislash and Mega Pinsir to revenge it with either Shadow Sneak or Quick Attack.

Luckily, I have a solution in mind that solves all of these problems with very little changes to your team: simply changing SD Garchomp into Scarf Garchomp. This also fixes your Volcarona weakness, although I guess that's much more manageable since your team is built to pressure the opponent into not using Defog, or using it and suffering from a potential Bisharp sweep.

EVs: 252 Spe / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge

This set lets you reliably check and revenge-kill all of the aforementioned threats, with ease. The only thing it needs to watch out for is Thundurus's HP Ice, if you want to switch it in.

I would also suggest giving Rotom-W Chesto Berry and Rest over Leftovers and HP Ice/Tbolt. I know you like hitting CM Keldeo and Gyarados, but you can easily Volt Switch in their faces and then switch into either Mega Pinsir, who loves Quick Attacking Keldeo and Returning Gyarados, or Aegislash who doesn't take much from what they can carry, except if it's Earthquake Gyarados, and Specs Hydro Pump I guess. This gives your Rotom-W a chance for a second life, it can also sometimes bluff a scarf set if the opponent sees no Leftovers, but that's not always the case against a smart player, so don't always depend on it. I would also suggest changing the spread into a traditional, flat-out 252 HP/4 Spe/252 Def Bold spread, but if you like your current one then it's fine.
Totally agree with Scarfchomp being the superior option but would point out that you outspeed all the threats you are trying to deal with with an Adamant nature so you shouldn't run Jolly.

just a small suggestion, i recommend switching return with frustration with 0 happiness. this is just in case a ditto comes in and copies ur stats. his frustration won't be doing anything

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Totally agree with Scarfchomp being the superior option but would point out that you outspeed all the threats you are trying to deal with with an Adamant nature so you shouldn't run Jolly.
Adamant loses to Jolly DD CharX at +1, that's not good.

just a small suggestion, i recommend switching return with frustration with 0 happiness. this is just in case a ditto comes in and copies ur stats. his frustration won't be doing anything
Agree, but it should be 1 happiness, because that's the lowest amount of happiness possible, not 0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)