XY OU Pinsir+Bisharp: An OU Love Story (Peak 1824)

Lovely artwork by: c0mp

I'm back with a new team. This is the one I used to clear the suspect ladder and it's one of my first teams where I actually use good pokemon :ooooo. I had intended to be Anti-Meta in the construction of this team, but I ended up becoming another standard OU team. Hope you enjoy the two lines of "love story".

SteelEdges (M) (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut

Bisharp, Pinsir's lovely and loyal boyfriend. My main priority and 'nuke'. Life Orb is used to impress his lov-- I mean maximize power and make sure Bisharp gets OHKOs it otherwise wouldn't. By investing 4 Def instead of HP I only take 9% each attack. The adamant nature allows me to ohko manectric/medicham-mega with a sucker punch, two pokemon threatening to my team. The moveset is standard with knock off as my main attack, iron head for fairies and those that resist my dark stab, and sucker punch for speedy kills. I chose psycho cut over pursuit/Sd in effort to absolutely donk Keldeo on the switch, which is one of the most common send-ins against Bisharp.

QT pupe (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock

I use Landorus-T as my main check to Heatran. I had originally been using Ferrothorn as my 'physical wall' but I was having so much trouble dealing with heatran and talonflame I needed to change it. For the moveset, I have earthquake and u-turn as my two attacks, stealth rocks as my team's hazards, and toxic, to whittle down opponents that attempt to setup on me. Most opponents would expect a stone edge, so it works well in keeping pinsirs / talonflames from setting up. Since I had to replace ferrothorn, I have a huge weakness to Mamoswine and Kyurem-B now, and I have to play around those more carefully.

/roomban (Thundurus) (M)@ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Ban. Thundurus. When. This guy is so powerful. Instead of the standard set with Hp ice and max SpA, I'm running a physically invested thundurus with superpower and knock off. Knock off is nice for all of the latios/Latias that are switched in against me, and the investment allows me to snag an ohko. Superpower also deals MUCH more damage against heatran and excadrill, two more huge threats. I need no investment in SpA to guarantee kills against keldeo, pinsir-m, and alomomola with thunderbolt. Life Orb makes up for the lack of power. Lastly I have Thunder Wave to slow down pokemon with stat boosts up, or that could just otherwise be an issue to me team. BAN WHEN?

yung gerald (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 HP / 16 Spe
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Azumarill is my only way of dealing with Greninja and Keldeo (latios is rekt by icy wind sets). The assault vest allows me to take special hits from these two so much nicer, and I can easily knock them out with a play rough back. I run a bit of speed to outspeed the other AV azumarills with no investment, which can be honestly game changing. The standard Assvest azumarill runs knock off, as it helped players deal with aegislash back when it was OU. I choose to run bounce to catch those mega venusaurs off guard, which is the most common switch in to Azumarill. I also run Max Hp instead of Max Sp.Def so I can actually take physical hits (why do people ever invest spdef?)

SKREEE (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Def
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Latios is my only Special Attacker (fug you thundurus) and my way of clearing hazards for my pinsir and thundurus. Life Orb Draco meteors hurt. Psyshock can make M-Venusaur and Amoonguss more manageable, two pokemon that wall good portions of my team. HP fire is so crucial as ferrothorn is one of my largest weaknesses and my only other answer to it is close combat on Pinsir. The biggest downside to running hp fire however is I'm forced to run 30 IVs in speed, so I will always lose to other latis that aren't running HP Fire/Fighting. Latios is also my only other answer to keldeo which could otherwise annihilate my team with specs Hydro Pump. I have to be careful in keeping latios around, as physical walls like gliscor or ferrothorn can otherwise shit on my team completely. Also, it's named SKREEE because it's incredibly loud and annoying in the movie ;_;

QT me :3 (Pinsir) (F) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Mega Pinsir is Bisharp's qt grillfriend and one of the strongest pokemon in OU. Pinsir is my main setup sweeper and one of my only ways to deal with Ferrothorn. Bisharp is so proud when his lady gets a sweep. The biggest threats to Pinsir are Rotom-W, Talonflame, and Zapdos, all of these pokemon are meant to be handled by other members of my team. Close Combat is my coverage move as opposed to earthquake as it can hit Rotom-W neutrally, and Aegislash isn't in the tier to wall me anymore. I have to be very careful to keep rocks off the side of my field before trying to sweep, as I lose 49% on switch in and become suspectable to priority moves, like Ice Shard.

Threat list:
Breloom (Something is either dying or being put to sleep and I can't help that. Usually dealth with with Pinsir.
Zapdos (Stops all of my attackers with the exception of latios, which I risk discharge paralysis and can often not 2hko after draco's sp.atk drop.)
Ferrothorn (I have to slowly whittle down with latios, azumarill, and thundurus.
Rotom-W (Latios/Thundurus slowly chip it away)
Talonflame (Sucker Punch mind games and Landoge)
Heatran (Landoge and Pinsir, nothing switches in to freely)
Mamoswine (What isn't rekt by mamoswine?)

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-152676209

Importable:

SteelEdges (M) (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut

QT pupe (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock

yung gerald (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 HP / 16 Spe
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Bounce

/roomban (Thundurus) (M)@ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Superpower

SKREEE (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Def
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

QT me :3 (Pinsir) (F) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Last edited:
Have you ever thought that making a team this weak to birdspam might be a bad thing?!?!?!?!/!??

Hey there fren. ;] This team has great synergy and I got to 1700 with it ezpz, I really like it. I would suggest changing Bounce to Superpower on Azumarill since you are a bit weak to Ferrothorn, and Bounce isn't going to dent Venusaurs too much anyway. Great team buddy. ^_^

I really like the unique Bisharp set. If I can find the room to replace Swords Dance, I think psycho cut would be ten times more useful for KOing Keldeo on the switch. I like it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)