[Place Creative and Witty Name To This Extremely Long Title Here]

Ok, I'm back on smogon after taking a leave and I just got a youtube and an AR so i want to make sure this team is good enough so i need a another review of it. I have been having problems with gliscor and also set up sweepers like scizor. I did have a scarf chandelure with flash fire which did help with gliscor but it left me vulnerable to thinks like steels setting up on me since i carried HP ice.

Whimsicott@ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Nature: Impish [+Def, -SAtk]
Ability: Mischievous Heart
-Taunt
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Toxic

Overview: I just have on thing to say about Wishmicott. Cutest thing EVAR! But also with its amazing ability mischievous heart, it becomes one of the fastest anti-leads in the game and one of the fastest sub seeders to add.

EV's: The EV’s are to give this cotton sheep thing all the bulk it can get so it can shut down and set up a substitute on a lot of pokemon.

Moves: Taunt is to shut down set up sweepers like swords dance lucario and grachomp. and butterfly dance Uglamoth. Substitute + leech seed is to force a switch giving me a chance to toxic the switch in and then to stall with jirchi’s wish. I find toxic better move than encore to help with stall which all my teams hate.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Nature: Relaxed [+Def, -Spe]
Ability: Iron Barbs
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Brave Bird
-Roost

Overview: After putting The Legend Killer's sugggestions into place, skarmory replaced ferrothorn amd or a good reason too. Skarmory can wall a lot of pokemon on sand teams which my team hates a lot. With its extremely high defense and good defensive typing giving it only two weaknesses it can really be a pain only the fire types are gone. Plus it can pretty much wall a specs latios locked into draco meteor. Plus with reliable recovery that helps with stall.

EV's: The EV's are to give skarmory the max amount of physical defense with a careful nature so it can take neutral special hits better even without investment.

Moves: For this set I'm am using both stealth rock and spikes to make KO's easier for pokemon without offensive investment. Brave Bird is to make sure I'm not complete taunt bait while roost is for recovery and for stall.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly [+Spe, -SAtk]
Ability: sand veil
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Aqua Tail

Overview: Since I didn't battle back when garchomp was OU, I never knew if e was a pain or not. But since he was made OU again in 5th Gen he is still a threat. Plus he is still the fastest dragon bar latios and latias but with a choice scarf he can ouitspeed because most latiosare specs or life orbed nowadays. Plus with a base 102 speed it can outspeed dragonite, salamence, hydeigon and I can't remember the last one.

EV's: The EV's are to make sure it can hit hard and outspeed a lot of threats like +1 uglamoth and nasty plot lucario with max speed and max attack.

Moves: The moves are simple, outrage is t take out bulkier threats with dragon claw is for frailer threats that don't resist dragon type moves. Earthquake is to take out non-baloon heatran and chandelure. Aqua tail is to take out tyranitar and that sand crab thing. With these moves and massive attack it can revenge a big chunk of the new metagame.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Nature: Careful [+SDef, -SAtk]
Ability: Guts
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback

Overview: When saw this new fighting type I immediately fell in love with it. Massive attack, modest HP and great abilities make this one of my favorite pokemon EVAR. Plus with bulk up and mach punch to add with it, it is amazing.

EV's: The EV’s are to maximize its special bulk so it does not get hit by a neutral STAB attack and die. With the massive HP it will have enough bulk to survive a couple hits from the special side actually.

Moves: Bulk Up is to raise conkeldurr’s attack and defense evening out its defenses. Drain Punch is to get back any lost HP from bulking up. Mach Punch is for priority for revenge kill. Payback is to take out ghost and to hit reuniclus on the switch in.

Magnezone @ leftovers
EV's: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spe
Nature: Timid [+Spe, -Atk]
Ability: Magnet Pull
-substitute
-thunderbolt
-HP fire
-charge beam

Overview: Magnezone was known as the best scizor counter last gen when it wrecked havoc until magnezone got to it with its unique ability, good special attack and good bulk. None of that has change now that is can trap ferrothorn whch is a major defensive threat and 2HKO with HP fire.

EV's: The EV's are going to give is it some bulk with it HP investment while maintaining a good special attack with a speed just over 250.

Moves: substitute are to give it some time to set up with charge beam on ferrothorn. thunderbolt is used as STAB while HP fire is used for the likes of scizor and ferro. and charge beam is to raise magnezone special attack behind a sub.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Nature: Bold [+Def , -Atk]
Ability: Magic Guard
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Recover

Overview: Reuniclus is one of the most dangerous pokemon this gen as a bulky sweeper because of its good defensive stats and massive HP and access to calm mind. With a large amount of physical bulk is can boost its special attack and defense make it impenetrable to most pokemon.

EV's: The EV's are to give it as much physical bulk as possible to it can take tyranitar's crunch and OHKO with the focus blast at +1 bar it doesn't miss.

Moves: Calm mind is needs no introduction because it is needed for this set and only noobs don't know why it is on this set. psychic is the main STAB that damages a lot of pokes for at least neutral damage. Focus blast is to take out things like ferrothorn and ttar because they wall the STAB psychic. Recover is to heal off damage that reuniclus takes trying to set up.

Pretty good team. However, I think you should use Fire Fang instead of Dragon Claw on Garchomp, to smash annoying Ferrothorn's for X4 damage, instead of a neutral EQ. Also, with your Whimsicott, I don't think any (competent) player would actually try in set up in its face, so you might want to use Leech Seed/U-turn/Stun Spore/filler.

the greatmilenko but than i don't sponge a lot of special attacks as good and the ev's i use are fine. shadowxevo i will try it

the thing is why would you send a conkeldur out to sponge special attacks when you have many better pokemon to wall it off e.g. skarm and mzone.
with TheGreatMilenko 's spread of stats, you can pull off a few revenge kills

This is a pretty solid team. But there are a couple of things you can do to solidify it.

First, you have nothing to beat opposing Reuniclus'. You might have to get into a stall war with your own Reuniclus. But if your opponent takes out your Reuniclus, you can be easily swept by Reuniclus. You also have nothing to deal with Latios'. A Specs Draco Meteor is able to pose a huge threat against all your Pokemon. Specs Draco Meteor will do 68.56% - 80.4% to your Skarmory.

What you can do to stop these threats is add a Choice Band Specially Defensive Tyranitar. You can replace that Whimsicott, which really isn't doing much for your team but is being dead weight. Whereas adding Tyranitar is a huge bonus, as 5/6 of your team would be immune to the Sand. Here's the set:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band -- Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant - EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpDef
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Your team has nothing to take hits from a water type Pokemon. Something like a Specs Politoed can totally disrupt your team. A Rotom-W can pose a big threat especially with its status inflicting Will-o-wisp. What I would like to suggest here is using Celebi instead of Reuniclus. Here's the set:

Celebi @ Leftovers -- Natural Cure
Nature: Modest - EVs: 232 HP / 240 SAtk / 36 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

Now, with that Magnezone you can quite easily take out Steel type Pokemon. And you don't really need to use Substitute to take advantage of things like Ferrothorn and Charge Beam on them. No that's not what you want to do with Magnezone. You want to get rid of Ferrothorn's as soon as you can so that your opponent does not set up Spikes on you. So I would suggest using Specs Magnezone instead. Here's the set:

Magnezone @ Choice Specs -- Magnet Pull
Nature: Modest - EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Magnezone does help with your Garchomp being able to rip through teams and not worry about being resisted by Steel types. Something else you can do to seriously hurt your opponent is add a Choice Band Multiscale Dragonite and replacing Conkeldurr. With this thing coupled with Magnezone, you can easily rip through teams. Multiscale halves damages when Dragonite's at full health so you don't have to worry about being hit almost anything. Here's the set:

Dragonite @ Choice Band -- Multiscale
Nature: Adamant - EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed

Now, one thing that troubles me a lot is that your team is quite weak to Toxic Spikes. Your team can also function really well with entry hazards off your side of the field. So what you can do is replace that Skarmory with Forretress. Unlike Skarmory, Forretress is able to Rapid Spin. I would recommend this set:

Forretress @ Leftovers -- Sturdy
Nature: Sassy - EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Change

You can also try Pain Split over Volt Change to recover Forretress' HP. I hope all of this information helps. You should try all this out. If you still have problems with anything, then just let me know. You can also find a bunch of people that are able to help you out on #ratemyteam channel on SynIRC. Good luck.

You can replace Garchomp with Specs Latios to keep synergy with the team.

Latios @ Choice Specs -- Levitate
Nature: Timid - EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Surf
Hidden Power Fire
Trick
Draco Meteor

Garchomp is banned in OU now, at least on the Smogon server. Replace it with another good sweeping Drago like the one above or maybe this Hydreigon set:

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Levitate
EVs:
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Surf

Or, if you want something more Physically attacking, try this DDHax set.

Haxorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Shadow Claw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)