Plaque (NU)

I dunno what to say... But... here it is and hi!

The team...

Well, I guess it's mainly offensive, with Cacturne, Medicham and Dodrio to sweep. I didn't really about typing or stuff, but it works pretty well.

The Lead

Grumpig (M) @ Leftovers ** My Pig
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 140 HP / 100 Def / 252 SAtk / 16 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Magic Coat
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Thunder Wave

Well this isn't much of a lead, but I just wanted to put the grumpy pig in the team so I chose to kind of lead with it.

It Magic Coats status leads and mainly attacks with Psychic, and with Signal Beam to hit those Dark-types. Theres also Thunder Wave to paralyse the opponents team later in the game.

The Offensive Trio

Cacturne (M) @ Focus Sash ** My CactuS
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Cacturne! I love this guy, he sweeps like CRAZY! Swords Dance on the swap or let them hit the Sash, then OHKO the whole team (or most).
I chose this set and it works pretty well apart from Flying-types. Sucker Punch for priority and STAB, aswell as Seed Bomb and I didn't know what to put in the last space so I put in Brick Break (for Steel-types).

Medicham (M) @ Choice Scarf ** My ChamP
Trait: Pure Power
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Thunderpunch

Medicham is MENTAL! Then adding as Scarf makes it the speedy mental beast, STAB Hi Jump Kick and Psycho Cut... Then theres Ice Punch and Thunder Punch to round it up (I think).

Dodrio (F) @ Choice Band ** My TRio
Trait: Early Bird
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack
- Return

Dodrio is more amazing than I thought he would be. It has quite decent Speed and Attack and dents many teams. :)
It packs Brave Bird and Pursuit for fleeing people and then he has priority with STAB then it has Return.

The Support

Armaldo (M) @ Leftovers ** My ArmOR
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock

Armaldo may be weak to Stealth Rock (sob) but it can spin hazards away happily. It's well good use and it's the best spinner in NU (or Sandslash).
Rock Blast breaks Subs and still hurts them and can Knock Off items, Stealth Rock is there for well, setting up rockz.

Granbull (M) @ Leftovers ** My Bull
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

This Bull is great and can help the team with Heal Bell and Toxic/Body Slam, then Earthquake to hit those pesky steels.
Heal Bell cures status and then makes status with Body Slam and Toxic.

Well.... thats all! Rate and make comments.​

Hey there,

This team will need quite a few changes for the new additions to UU, such as Miltank, and Espeon, but I assume you are retiring the team before a whole new metagame begins. I'm here to help ^_^

Your biggest problem without a doubt is Ghost types, especially offensive Ghosts. Both Substitute Haunter and Sustitute Drifblim are going to be major headaches for your team to face, with both being able to set up on Cacturne, Granbull, and Grumpig easily, as well as Dodrio and Medicham if they are locked into the wrong move. For this reason, I believe you would appreciate a Skuntank on your team. Skuntank is an excellent Pursuit user and and can also use Sucker Punch to check problematic threats for your team. Here is the set:

Skuntank @ Leftovers
252 Attack / 232 Sp. Def / 24 Speed
Adamant / Aftermath
-Pursuit
-Sucker Punch
-Taunt
-Explosion / Poison Jab

Skuntank does well in a defensive role because of his great typing. With an emphasis on Sp. Defense, you will find Skuntank able to stop Ghosts and Psychics easily. Taunt is a great move to have in NU because many Pokemon rely on setting up to deal damage, and it also prevents Pokemon such as Dusclops from using Will O Wisp. This addition will help Medicham and Dodrio spam their STAB moves more easily, allowing you to break down defensive cores and ultimately sweep. Seeing as Granbull has quite a bit of overlap with Dodrio, I suggest dropping Granbull in favor of Skuntank.

On Medicham, consider Brick Break over High Jump Kick. Medicham packs an insane amount of power, so much, in fact, that Brick Break is usually enough to kill stuff off. High Jump Kick is an enormous risk because many NU'ers run ghosts specifically to switch into choice fighting moves. This would cause a large amount of recoil for Medicham, possibly causing it to faint, in which case you lose quite a powerhouse.

One other thing I would consider is moving Armaldo to your lead position. It handles more leads effectively (such as Persian), and can give you an early Stealth Rock. NU is known for being very Stealth Rock weak, so getting it up early is always good.

Thats all that I have, good luck with your team

Brick Break over HJK. Why? If you miss you do quite a ton of damage to yourself. Like the other poster said you might wanna try Skuntank. It traps many ghosts and provides a good synergy with your team.

You seem to have no special defensive Pokemon, i mean, your grumpig can provide some special defense, but in the long run it might be better to run a special defensive wall such as Cradily or Slowking to switch into things Like Espeon another pokemon you could use is a support set for LickyLicky

252 HP 252 Sp.defence (Calm) for Spc.defensive set

Flamethrower/IceBeam/Thunderbolt/Seismic toss
Toxic/Protect
Wish
Heal Bell/Protect

This Licky Licky can switch into just about any special attacker safely, and support your team, you could use this pokemon in place of your Granbull, sure you lose some offensive Power, but you gain wish support for your team, as well as the ability to ward off special attacks and still have access to Heal Bell

I also agree with frair, a skuntank would work exceptionally well in your team, as a Lead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)