Pleas Rate: 3 Man SS Team 'Desert Eagle'

Hello all, this is my first attempt ever at a serious competitive team this generation, so I figured I would start off my practice in the battle subway and random WiFi matchup arenas. These both require solid 3 man teams with little weaknesses, so I thought I would give the sandstorm team a go, here they are:

move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Return
item: Air Balloon
ability: Sand Rush
nature: Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Excadrill acts as my main physical sweeper for the team. This guy really takes great advantage of his sand rush speed boost courtesy of Tyranitar, and he uses it to outspeed a huge portion of the metagame. His attack stat is boosted to ridiculous levels after a swords dance, and return in the final slot ensures some great neutral coverage and strength. Air balloon is used to keep him from being OHKO'd from a nasty earthquake, and saves his life quite often.

move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Leftovers
nature: Sassy
evs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 SpD

Tyranitar acts as my lead sand streamer, mixed attacker, stealth rock setter, and special wall for the team. This set grants this pokemon some great coverage and a fine STAB move in Crunch. Finally, his leftovers help keep him alive while he decimates the likes of Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Forttress who try to set up on him.

move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Outrage
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Fire Blast
nature: Naive
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Now here's the guy that has given me more than a few headaches. Salamence here is used mainly to counter the multitude of fighting types in this generation, and he is seen sporting this mixed set to outspeed and hit hard near everything else. Now here is where the intricacies come in, I have debated more than a few times using roost over fire blast, and replacing Naive with a Jolly Nature. Reason being he will quite frankly stay alive a whole lot longer with this recovery option with all that residual damage, even at the loss of some coverage, and not lose some crucial defense needed to stay alive. Also and finally I was thinking about moxie over intimidate, now given, he may need to take less opponent damage given all the hurt he's putting on himself, but does the added power outweigh the risk?

Let me know what you think and thank you so much for helping me out, I really appreciate all the insight!

wtf 3 pokes
change this before a mod locks this

And if this is for battle subway, we can't really rate it, cause there's not a real "metagame" for it.

wtf 3 pokes
change this before a mod locks this

And if this is for battle subway, we can't really rate it, cause there's not a real "metagame" for it.
A moderator already looked at it actually and only told me to include descriptions about my pokemon. He then told me it was perfect to create a new thread. If you would have read more closely however you would have noticed it is also for Wifi matchups and will be my basis for a competitive team in the future, rather than only in game battling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)