Please play D/P on January 12th.

Probably darkrai, although I hope its something else, I would rather be surprised. I'm just glad I don't have to go to TRU lol

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
12th January is Junichi Masuda's birthday, so I can understand the significance of the date. What the special event or otherwise is, all we can do is speculate for the next two days.

12th January is Junichi Masuda's birthday, so I can understand the significance of the date. What the special event or otherwise is, all we can do is speculate for the next two days.
Glad to see that someone else caught that.

It also happens to be Masuda's 40th birthday, making it quite the occasion, indeed.

The more I think about it, though, the more my head hurts, so I'll just wait. Not much can be gained from thinking about it further, anyway.

Everyone seems to be gravitated towards the idea of Darkrai or something to do with WiFi, yet all that is mentioned in the blog is "to play D/P on 1/12". Could Masuda have programmed some event into the game that activates on 1/12? After all, not everybody has WiFi access... Somebody go set their DS time ahead 2 days and try it <_<

Toothache

Let the music play!
I have a friend doing that exact same thing on his Japanese Pearl copy, but so far nothing new (I'm keeping up to date with his progress on MSN, but nothing so far). This leads me more to believe a wifi event

Everyone seems to be gravitated towards the idea of Darkrai or something to do with WiFi, yet all that is mentioned in the blog is "to play D/P on 1/12". Could Masuda have programmed some event into the game that activates on 1/12? After all, not everybody has WiFi access... Somebody go set their DS time ahead 2 days and try it <_<
No, that shouldn't work...

They problem planted something in the game, and they send a signal out the activates it?

Maybe it's some kind of patch that'll activate Events and give us Items and rare Pokemon, or maybe make changes to the game all together. And even if there was some sort of program that's set to activate on January the 12th, that'd be some kind of secret...

Or maybe it's some kind of conspiracy to enslave mankind by using mind control through their Pokemon games that activates on January 12th. That'd be a real fucked up thing to do Gamefreak.... XD Oh well, at least it'll be a late birthday present to me.

Toothache

Let the music play!
We'll just have to wait I think.

My friend has spent the last hour looking everywhere, and has found nothing, so I can probably assume Davy is right with his assumption. Again, we'll have to wait to see, but I'm actually pretty curious and excited about what it could be.

If it's trash like Davy thinks, my pokemon pearl is going into the trash :P
No, I mean really.

They wouldn't just give a poke away like that- they want money.

So, they make it an event at a store, and they advertise and have sales on all pokemon stuff (like what they did with manaphy- the had a huge sale that day).

If it's something major like a patch, then it would have to be available long after 1/12 since only a minority of D/P players like us are on top of news/rumors like us lol. Though I think it's best to keep our expectations low like MiyamotoMusashi said, it could just be nothing. =(

The only clues on the blog appears to be his "New Year's resolution" which is to 'to gather up stuffs firmly'. Perhaps it's something regarding organization? More storage room for Pokemon? Or to catch'em all (event Pokemon)?

If it's something major like a patch, then it would have to be available long after 1/12 since only a minority of D/P players like us are on top of news/rumors like us lol. Though I think it's best to keep our expectations low like MiyamotoMusashi said, it could just be nothing. =(

The only clues on the blog appears to be his "New Year's resolution" which is to 'to gather up stuffs firmly'. Perhaps it's something regarding organization? More storage room for Pokemon? Or to catch'em all (event Pokemon)?
That'd be pretty cool.

Maybe they'll mess up and add an easy cloning glitch (as easy as Emerald's BT glitch)!

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Personally, I'm hoping for the Custap Berry. That seems like something they wouldn't have a big event for. Of course, that's probably just wishful thinking since I really want access to the Custap Berry for several Pokemon I'd like to train.

Has anyone as of yet attempted just tried setting there DS clock to the 12th? It could be already pogramed into the game... maybe...

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone as of yet attempted just tried setting there DS clock to the 12th? It could be already pogramed into the game... maybe...
I have. I set the DS's clock ahead, but I didn't sync up the Diamond game pak with it (via Pal Park). I played a few minutes, healed at the Poke Center, went to a mart to check for packages. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

EDIT: Also, I went into some tall grass. No strange encounters. Just Buizel and Pachirisu around the Valley Windworks, like usual.

I just wish, it turns out to be something good, not lame, since if it was I would be wasting the day, when I should be studying more for my Sunday final exam.

They probably are going to send out a signal on the 12th (maybe though wifi?) that activates something.

Either that, or they just want for us to play more.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
What's Junichi Masuda's favorite pokemon, first of all? If that's his birthday, he might give that out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)