Please play D/P on January 12th.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's the guys birthday so he promised "something different," and that's exactly what we got. If you chose to assume we'd get free Darkrais and Arceuses, then you deserve to be dissapointed.

I think it looks cool. :)

Happy Birthday Masuda!
Yeah, I agree with you Lee.

It was so painfully obvious that it wasn't going to be an exclusive pokemon event. I mean, c'mon, especially Arceus. The god of pokemon is NOT going to be magically just appear just because it's the Masuda's b-day, they're so obviously going to do an event for Arceus when t gets released.

Plus, this event was completely free, all you had to do was play the damn game. Who cares how many exclamation marks the guy used? Plus, this is the first time they've done this sort of thing since the release of D/P, so they have every right to use as many exclamation marks as they want.

Everyone, just for the record, at least this event was something true, unlike those past threads with that Baton Pass starters crap and the Wish Cresselia batcrap.

Happy Birthday Masuda!

Masuda said:
Oh, yes.
Here's a little surprise for you.
Please play Pokemon Diamond / Pearl on January 12th.
You'll find something different!!!!!
(Masuda isn't fat).

And thats it. He programmed an Easter Egg into the game for his B-Day. Cool :D Happy B-Day man hope you have a great one

I maybe made a discovery, but walking only in the Diamond Dust, my Aipom egg hatched within 2655 steps instead of 2805.
Maybe it's because of no Bike though...

Edit: doing again just to confirm if I didn't erase the counter accidentally

EDIT2: definately no counter erasing, and hatched in the 2530th step

I'll check the breeding guide to see if I missed nothing....

EDIT3: well, even outside DDust, the egg hatched faster...

ok.....friday 11 8.05 pm here in mexico...diamond dust already near to snowpoint... happy birthday masuda thanks for a great game

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I maybe made a discovery, but walking only in the Diamond Dust, my Aipom egg hatched within 2655 steps instead of 2805.
Maybe it's because of no Bike though...

Edit: doing again just to confirm if I didn't erase the counter accidentally

EDIT2: definately no counter erasing, and hatched in the 2530th step

I'll check the breeding guide to see if I missed nothing....

EDIT3: well, even outside DDust, the egg hatched faster...
No, it's normal to have fluctuations of up to 256 steps when ahtching eggs. It's due to the fact that every 256 steps starting from the first step you took the game checks an eggs in your party. It then takes their hatch timer down by one. If a hatch timer is on zero when it checks the egg will hatch. Therefore eggs don't always hatch in an exact number of steps.

Are there any other areas that might have different weather effects? Has anyone wondered around in the diamond dust to see if shinies are easier to catch? Maybe because of the diamond dust the shiny rare count is lower? Just an idea, but I do agree that it has to be something different more then just weather.

oh god, a bit dissapointed but hey, i've never seen diamond dust before!!!

altough that's just because i don't visit snowpoint city that often...

*facepalm*

And here I was hoping for a WiFi Mawile giveaway :pirate:.
Fuck yeah! But I'm not sure what they would give it that would make it better. Maybe Earthquake or Recover.

Roar of Time or Sacred Fire or something would be funny...

Ok, the event is 15 minutes away. I just saw the movie "The Orphanage" and it scared the CRAP out of me. I won't be sleeping for some time...

Fuck yeah! But I'm not sure what they would give it that would make it better. Maybe Earthquake or Recover.

Roar of Time or Sacred Fire or something would be funny...

Ok, the event is 15 minutes away. I just saw the movie "The Orphanage" and it scared the CRAP out of me. I won't be sleeping for some time...
Mawile+Recover would be the most epic event move pokemon ever well barring wishbliss miright?

Aww there's hearts in the snow isn't that cute :)

Darkari is still coming soon though, or they wouldn't have a silhouette on pokemon.com

Well I guess Diamond dust is the event. In that case thank you Mr. Masuda for the awesome weather effects, happy birthday and I wish that you may have many more to come.

Well I guess Diamond dust is the event. In that case thank you Mr. Masuda for the awesome weather effects, happy birthday and I wish that you may have many more to come.
Preferably in the third D/P game, a Recover / Earthquake / Roar of Time / Sacred Fire Mawile will be his birthday surprise.

Now granted I love snow, but... Recover on Mawile!

yeah Happy Birhtday and thanks for giving something, after all your supposed to recieve on your birhtday not give, so lets just wish him good health and a happy birthday, i know i am "Happy Birthday!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)