Please rate my IMMUNITY TEAM! 1600+

I wanted to build a team that uses immunities for safe switch-ins and power-ups, also causing opponents switch-outs. Generally, I wanted to make a team that uses less conventional pokemon, that only excell because of the synergy between them.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Ice Beam

First off is Gastrodon. Double immunities, with Storm Drain giving some way to set up. It walls off a lot of pokemon like Jolteon, Zapdos and sometimes Rotom-W and forces quite some switch-outs. Often I can get a burn by spamming Scald or surpise a dragon with Ice Beam. I tried going with a more offensive SAtk set, but it didn't work that well because the slug became too squishy.

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

The (triple immunity) Monster. With it's insane SAtk and using Specs, Chandelure is a huge threat and my most important special sweeper. Because Chandelure is so frail, I only switch it in when I'm really sure a fire/normal/fighting-attack will come (often getting a speed boost from Scolipede). Then I mostly go for Shadow Ball, OHKO'ing a lot, 2HKO'ing almost anything. I'm still doubting between Specs and Scarf, but right now I feel the Specs give my team a necessary offensive boost.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 204 Def / 252 HP / 52 Spd
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

The double immunity wall. Truly an amazing Pokemon. It walls off almost any physical sweeper, negating the likes of Talonflame, Scizor and so many others, while also granting great support with Defog and Toxic. Roost to wall things off and Foul Play to devestate anything with a high Att stat.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Play Rough

My main physical sweeper. Mawile has two immunities and also a lot resistances. It's extremely frail, but with it's mega-ability Huge Power it's just so strong offensively. Just by pure power, it can sweep almost anything (especially with a boost from Scolipede). Sucker Punch gives the team a much needed priority move.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Outrage
- Power Whip

The special wall. Immune to Grass-attacks with Sap Sipper and generally really strong against special attackers by using Assault Vest. Goodra kind of lacks offensive qualities, but with a boost from Scolipede or from Sap Sipper, Goodra can hit quite hard. Goodra has no problem with SAtk Heatran, Charizard or Rotom-W (without Will-o-wisp...), and often surprises players with its physical set and coverage.

Scolipede @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 124 Def / 128 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn

It's quite ironic the only Pokemon without any immunities is the star of my immunity team. Scolipede is kind of like the giant target. Want to hit him with fire? I pass some speed to Chandelure. Want to put him to sleep? I pass some speed and power to Goodra. Scolipede sets up Sword Dance + Speed for my physical sweepers, gives speed to the rest of the team, and also packs quite a punch with it's own STAB move.

I feel like this is a good replay video of how the team works: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-110850378

Two special attackers (one frail, one bulky), two physical attackers (one frail, one bulky) and two utility/support Pokemon, together having all immunities except ghost.

Please, rate my team! ^_^

Last edited:
Honestly,this is a very nice team and iim not that good at RMTs but my only concern is megahorn ,even in the replay that was a narrow ko on excadrill i suggest running Earthquake allowing u to damage common leads (Infernape,Excadrill for example).

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Liking the synergy of the team as far as immunities go and how they cover each other's weaknesses. One suggestion would be to replace Outrage on Goodra with Dragon Tail. Granted it's not as powerful but right now you could use a phasing move of sorts. Just a suggestion though, it seems like from the replay you haven't had too much trouble with mons that boost. Good job and good luck.

Thanks guys. I will definitely keep Megahorn, because I use Megahorn to revenge-kill a lot (first protect to get faster and kill with Megahorn) and occasionally I spam those Megahorns and get off quite a nice sweep. I think it has better coverage (nothing is immune to bug), it has STAB and I think I cover earth-based attacks with Gastrodon and Goodra which I can switch to.

I agree some phasing move would be good, but Outrage is important because it's Goodra's only decently strong attack, and also against dragons I don't want the slowness of Dragon Tail. I am considering giving Mandibuzz Whirlwind instead of Toxic though... Baton Pass teams are pretty devestating suddenly.

Also I'm now testing to use Life-Orb Gengar instead of Chandelure. I noticed the fire immunity and Flash Fire boost is rarely used. Also Chandelure adds up on my SR weakness. I think Gengar's immunity to ground might synergize better with Mawile. Gengar's coverage is also slightly more diverse, though unfortunately it doesn't have a strong fire-attack. Well, I think it's worth trying.

I've been thinking some VoltTurn would also help this team, though I haven't found good Pokemon that fit well in this team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)