National Dex Please Rate My National Dex Ubers Sticky Web Team

Hello! This is my first RMT, so please tell me if i can add more information or am doing something wrong.

Anyways, the format is gen9 national dex ubers, and here's my team. It's a sticky web one (i know the niche probably isn't all that great), and really the only things i care about are keeping rayquaza (it's my favorite mon) and keeping a sticky web setter. Also, I know i should add primal groudon, but im not sure where id put it, as another pokemon weak to ground seems to be bad news for the rest of the team, at least in testing.

Smeagol (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat
- Glare
- Whirlwind

Smeargle is the obvious suicide lead if the opponent doesn't have a magic bounce user to get sticky web up, maybe block stealth rock, and hopefully get a lucky moody boost and spread paralysis. Whirlwind is to stop substitute/shed tail mons like zygarde or cyclizar, or to faze set up sweepers (potentially late game if smeargle survives). I've experimented with shuckle, slurpuff, and even galvantula, ribombee, and masquerain but smeargle seems to be the best all around, but shuckle seems good too.

Rayquaza @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Air Lock
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake/V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

I've tried to build the team around set-up sweeper rayquaza. Jolly nature is to outspeed zacian crowned with webs up and to be able to participate in the battle without. Swords dance over dragon dance because of sticky web, and extreme speed over scale shot because i only have one other priority user in Yveltal (i prefer two). Earthquake over v-create for no drawback (but i might flip flop between the two). Heavy-duty boots over focus sash in case stealth rock goes up; im not good at predicting stealth rock vs attack with smeargle, and if it comes up late game i have no way to get it down. Again, i know rayquaza probably isnt the best option here, but i'm stubborn and frankly care more about having fun than winning.

Annihilape @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Smack Down/stone edge
- U-turn
- Low Kick
- Rage Fist

Annihilape's main role is to block rapid spin and discourage defog with defiant. Really, my opponents just seem to defog anyway and lose the defogger and maybe one other mon. However, with smeargle gone and webs down, i usually seem to lose those battles which makes me question whether i need annihilape for should just get better at creating too much pressure to defog. Anyway, smack down for an accurate OHKO on ho-oh (try saying that ten times fast) with +2 from defiant and defog. Low kick for OHKOing extreme killer arceus with enough speed to outrun it with webs up, rage fist for STAB ghost, and U-turn for pivot.

Nebbychadnezzar (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Nebby provides countermeasures against xerneas and zacian. Honestly, i can't remember why the speed/HP difference; smogon i think. Swords dance for boosting under webs. Sunsteel strike deals lots of damage to xerneas (or any fairy type) while earthquake can handle zacian or other steel types and dissuade groudon switch-ins under webs. Knock off for utility; i honestly didnt know what to do with the last moveslot and i think i jsut followed smogon.

Yveltal @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Dark Aura
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch

I've tried lots of other mons besides yveltal, but none of them seem to work as well. Taunt can prevent defog (IF yveltal is already in AND outspeeds), shuts down great wall lugia (which this team otherwise struggles with), and generally stops shenanigans. Sucker punch for priority. It also does some more damage as a Z move than dark pulse to special walls like kyogre. Dark pulse for ridiculous damage for a regular attack with STAB + dark aura and oblivion wing for countering (i think) marshadow and checking koraidon. I've run several calcs, and yveltal seems to take slighly more damage than it should, but in game it has always barely lived one of koraidon's attacks and then 2HKOed it in return with oblivion wing, healing enough to do so as well. Z crystal for nuking p-don and arceus forms.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

I really don't know what to do with this last mon. Arceus ground seems good, because it can take on p-don and steel types AND has stealth rock support, but it makes the team really weak to kyogre. Judgement can OHKO all but the most obscure p-dons, and ice beam can take out flying and dragon types, the former avoiding judgement. calm mind can make this thing into a monster.

This team definitely has to look out for kyogre, and extreme killer arceus if it has terra ghost for annihilape's low kick or if annihilape is just gone.

Thank you for rating!

Poke paste: https://pokepast.es/71f3395f8ff04fce

Edit: I had annihilape's speed EV's wrong

Last edited:
Wait shoot i posted this in SS even though im using SV. Facepalm. Can i delete my posts or does a mod have to do that?

Sorry, im new here to smogon forums if you couldnt already tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)