Please rate my team

Well I'm new to competitive battling so I really need help with my team.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy nature
EVs 252HP / 129 Atk / 129 SDef

Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Iron Defence
Explosion

I had trouble figuring out what my lead would be, but Bronzong has proven to be a good option. Its role is to set up Stealth Rock, raise its defence enough to survive a few physical hits and attack with Gyro Ball. Finally when it's low on HP it can explode and KO the opponent.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
EVs 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 Sdef

Faint Attack
Moonlight
Toxic
Protect / Roar

Umbreon is another special wall, but I need some help with its moveset. I use it to poison opponents and then stall with Protect - Moonlight but I think that Roar combined with Stealth Rock would be more helpful, and it would poison more opponents.

Weavile @ Expert Belt ?
Jolly Nature
EVs 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP

Night Slash
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Aerial Ace

Weavile is a solid physical sweeper. Night Slash and Ice Punch are its STAB moves. Aerial Ace is to deal with fighting types and Brick Break for steel and rock types.

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Timid nature
EVs 170 SAtk / 170 SDef 170 Spe

Shadow Ball
Psychic
Energy Ball
Pain Split

Mismagius is not the best special sweeper, but it helps my team a lot. Firstly, It can switch in on any fighting type pokemon that hurt Weavile and Umbreon and finish them off with Psychic. Shadow Ball is his STAB while Energy Ball deals with water types. The damage from Life Orb can be recovered with Pain Split which thanks to Mismagius' not so good HP also does considerable damage to the opponent.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs 160 HP / 132 SAtk / 216 Spe

Surf
Thunderbolt
Rapid Spin
Recover

Starmie is my spinner and can also sweep thanks to its very good speed and above average special attack. Surf for STAB and Thundebolt are its attacking moves, Rapid Spin sends Stealth Rock Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes away, while Recover is to regain health.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Adamant nature

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Swords Dance

Garchomp is my second physical sweeper and thanks to its great attack and good defences (add Yache Berry to this) has a lot of sweeping potential.

I know that my team is not perfect so I appreciate your help.

Well I'm new to competitive battling so I really need help with my team.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy nature
EVs 252HP / 129 Atk / 129 SDef

Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Iron Defence
Explosion

I had trouble figuring out what my lead would be, but Bronzong has proven to be a good option. Its role is to set up Stealth Rock, raise its defence enough to survive a few physical hits and attack with Gyro Ball. Finally when it's low on HP it can explode and KO the opponent.

You'd probably be better with Hypnosis in the third slot, since it is unquestionably a great move for any team. Alternatively, if you want to boost your defense, I'd recommend Reflect > Iron Defence, since it benefits your whole team.

Also, with Gyro Ball as your only safe form of offense, you don't have time to sit there and stall, since its 8 PP will wear down too quickly.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
EVs 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 Sdef

Faint Attack
Moonlight
Toxic
Protect / Roar

Umbreon is another special wall, but I need some help with its moveset. I use it to poison opponents and then stall with Protect - Moonlight but I think that Roar combined with Stealth Rock would be more helpful, and it would poison more opponents.

Wish > Moonlight. Firstly, Wish is not completely ruined by Sandstorm, which is very common. Secondly, Wish can be used to heal team members too.

Faint Attack is rather pointless in my opinion, since Umbreon doesn't have the offensive power to hurt much with it anyway. I know this leaves you open to Taunters, but you probably won't be using him to counter the most common ones (Gyarados and Tyranitar) anyway. Consider running Mean Look, to trap things and Toxic them to death, or Charm to prevent physical attackers taking of advantage of you. Baton Pass is always an option to go with Wish too.

Weavile @ Expert Belt ?
Jolly Nature

Night Slash
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Aerial Ace

Weavile is a solid physical sweeper. Night Slash and Ice Punch are its STAB moves. Aerial Ace is to deal with fighting types and Brick Break for steel and rock types.

This is fairly standard. Maybe its just me, but I'd be hardpushed to run a Weavile without Pursuit. Ice Shard should at least be considered too, even if for ScarfChomp alone.

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Timid nature
EVs 170 SAtk / 170 SDef 170 Spe

Shadow Ball
Psychic
Energy Ball
Pain Split

Mismagius is not the best special sweeper, but it helps my team a lot. Firstly, It can switch in on any fighting type pokemon that hurt Weavile and Umbreon and finish them off with Psychic. Shadow Ball is his STAB while Energy Ball deals with water types. The damage from Life Orb can be recovered with Pain Split which thanks to Mismagius' not so good HP also does considerable damage to the opponent.

Those EVs appear to be randomly split between the three stats, as they make no sense. Speed is generally best maximised. I see little reason not to maximise Sp.ATK while you're at it, since this appears to be a sweeper set.

HP Fighting is practically a must in place of Pain Split, since Tyranitar and Weavile can come in fairly freely at the moment and trap you.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs 160 HP / 132 SAtk / 216 Spe

Surf
Thunderbolt
Rapid Spin
Recover

Starmie is my spinner and can also sweep thanks to its very good speed and above average special attack. Surf for STAB and Thundebolt are its attacking moves, Rapid Spin sends Stealth Rock Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes away, while Recover is to regain health.

Standard.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Adamant nature

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Swords Dance

Garchomp is my second special sweeper and thanks to its great attack and good defences (add Yache Berry to this) has a lot of sweeping potential.

I know that my team is not perfect so I appreciate your help.

Jolly nature would better here, since Swords Dance covers your ATK, and the extra speed is never a bad thing. Otherwise fine.
Overall as a team, I believe that your lack of a Physical wall may let you down. Though the root problem is more your lack of resistances. At present, Heracross, Weavile, ScarfChomp and Yanmega will cause major problems for you. Calm Mind Suicune has a good chance of getting the better of you as well.

Weezing would be a good addition to this team, because it works so perfectly alongside Umbreon. It would be hard to fit something like that in though without having to switch a couple of other members around a bit.

You need to get rid of something though, to spread your weaknesses.

I know I lack a good physical wall, but in order to put weezing in my team I'd have to either switch him with Bronzong, or with one of my sweepers, which would change my whole strategy. So I was thinking, what if I replaced Umbreon for this:

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Impish nature
252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef

Toxic
Rest
Knock Off
Encore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)