Please rate my team!

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anybody could tell me what they think of my future Black Team and give any suggestions of anything to change around. Thanks in advance! Here it is:

1. Darmanitan (Hihidaruma)
Item: Chesto Berry
Ability: Zen Mode
EVs: 252 HP / 102 Defense / 102 Sp. Def / 54 Speed
Nature: Adamant [+Atk, -Sp. Atk]
Moves:
-Flame Charge
-Flare Blitz
-Psychic
-Rest

This is basically my main Pokemon. With Zen Mode, he becomes both a Physical and Special attacker, allowing him to hit all Pokemon. His EVs are planned out to take advantage of his nice HP base stat, and I put in those amounts in his defenses because I want him to be nice defensively in his Zen Mode state. I gave him Adamant nature because it would benefit both Attack and Special Attack, but I didn't put any EVs into either attack stat because I don't want him to be a full, blown-out attacker. (I have my Haxorus for that). I gave him Flame Charge to raise his speed, which I'll especially need when he goes into Zen Mode. Flare Blitz is just for strong, STAB attacking and to maybe drop below 50% health. Psychic is for a STAB Special move in Zen Mode, and Rest is there for if I want to be a Physical guy again. Tell me if you think this set would work!

2. Zoroark
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 206 Attack / 100 Sp. Atk / 204 Speed
Nature: Naughty [+Attack, -Sp. Def]
Moves:
-Night Burst
-Aerial Ace
-Flamethrower
-Pursuit

Zoroark is my second (and last) mixed attacker. With high Attack and Special Attack, he will be able to take down anyone who comes in his way. I decided that Night Burst and Flamethrower are the best Special moves for him, and I gave him Aerial Ace to take down all his weaknesses and Pursuit to work with his ability. Once they get rid of my Illusion ability, if they do not want to fight a Zoroark and choose to switch out, that's when Pursuit comes in! I was thinking of replacing this, however, with either Trickery/Foul Play or with Night Slash. Finally, I gave him a Focus Sash because of his weak defenses and so that I know he can survive at least one hit.

3. Jellicent (Burungeru)
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Defense / 158 Sp. Def
Nature: Calm [+Sp. Def, -Attack]
Moves:
-Recover
-Evil Eye
-Boiling Water
-Will-o-Wisp

Jellicent is my defensive Pokemon. With maxed out EVs in HP, and pretty much balanced Defenses, he will be one hard Pokemon to take down! I put a little less EVs in Defense than Sp. Def., and also have a Nature that boosts Sp. Def. I'll explain later why Defense is a little less supported. Moving on to his moveset...Recover is there to gain back that amazing HP of his, and this is also paired with Leftovers. Evil Eye is a good Ghost-type move, and is even better when I burn them with Will-o-Wisp or Boiling Water. Now that they are burned, also, their Attack will be halved, balancing out Defense and Sp. Def.

4. Galvantula (Denchura)
Item: Wise Glasses
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed
Nature: Timid [+Speed, -Attack]
Moves:
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Thunder Wave
-Volt Change / Electric Ball

Denchura is a main Special Attacker with high Speed. Compoundeyes as his ability will boost Thunder's accuracy to 91%, which is pretty good for me! Next, I gave him Bug Buzz, a strong, STAB, Special move. Thunder Wave is just to give the opponent a status condition and to slow them down. Volt Change is to escape any Pokemon that I don't think I can take with this guy. However, this could be switched with Electric Ball because it's stronger when they're slower. Though since I have Thunder, I don't think this is necessary and that Volt Change is the better choice. What do you think?

5. Haxorus (Ononokusu)
Item: Persim Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Nature: Adamant [+Attack, -Sp. Atk.]
Moves:
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt
-Earthquake
-Outrage / Dragon Claw

This guy is my sweeper! I love his Ability and his stats! Lol anyway, I put full EVs in Attack and Speed and a bit in HP. Nature: Adamant just to maximize his Attack. His first move is Dragon Dance, which I think is vital to a sweeper. Next is Taunt, to eliminate anyone from giving me an annoying status condition or from boosting/lowering stats. His two attacking moves are Earthquake and Outrage. However, the only move I'm shaky on here is Outrage because I've never used it before and it seems a little annoying since it can't be stopped after first selecting it. I could replace it with Dragon Claw, which is more reliable and controllable, and then I could change my item to maybe Lum Berry or something.

6. Mienshao (Kojondo)
Item: none (for Acrobatics)
Ability: Regeneration
EVs: 252 HP / 129 Attack / 129 Speed
Nature: Adamant [+Attack, -Sp. Atk.]
Moves:
-Fake Out
-Hi Jump Kick
-Acrobatics
-U-turn

Lastly, I have my next attacker: Meinshao. This guy is also big on HP recovery and such. For example, he has the awesome ability Regeneration. EVs are maxed in HP for this ability and the rest split between Attack and Speed. I'm not really firm on giving him Adamant nature though, since two of my other Pokemon have it already. What do you think would be a good Substitute? Anyway, Fake Out is his first move just to get some initial damage and to stop any Focus Sashes or Sturdy abilities. Hi Jump Kick is just a strong STAB move. Acrobatics seems cool and necessary since I don't have any Flying-type moves on my team. Plus, when Mienshao isn't holding an item, its attack power jumps to 110! U-turn is great for his ability and deals with any threatening Psychic-types.

Well, that's my team! If you would, help me decide on/change around any of the things that I'm not sure about or that you think wouldn't work it my team. Also, if anyone has any suggestion as to how I could use some strategies to bring my Pokemon together as a team more, I'd love to hear them! Thanks for reading!

I would use normal jewel on Kojondo if you need the lack of an item, it will power up fake out some and be useless if they try to use trick for some reason. I guess you could use bug jewel too if you use U-Turn a lot.

Hmm...sounds like a good idea! And then once the Jewel disappears after the first use, I will have no item, which will ensure that my Acrobat move will be powered up as well! Thanks for the tip!

On Darmitan, you say that Adamant "...would benefit both Attack and Special Attack..." Adamant LOWERS SpA, and raises Att. Would you please fix this picture for me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)