Please Read First.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not taken a crack at pokemon for almost half a year now. Well, as always, I got back in because of a new game. Anyway, the team I am building is for offline purposes only. No shoddy. Which means no rotom or skymin junk which was running rampant in shoddy when Platinum came out.​

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly EV: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
{Pressure}
----
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Taunt
Stealth Rock

Aerodactyl ends up being a suicidal lead pretty much. It's main purpose is to set-up stealth rock. Taunt is there to prevent certain leads from setting up as well. Earthquake/Rock Slide are for attacks for when it needs it. More than likely it will end up dying quickly.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant EV: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 1 SP. Def
{Technician}
----
Bug Bite
Bullet Punch
Sword Dance
Brick Break​

This is my late game sweeper set-up. Probably a bad idea to rely on this for a sweeper considering it's speed, but hopefully late game pokemon are either crippled through thunder wave, tricked with choice band or weakened enough for scizor to finish them off.​

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold EV: 252 Def, 252 HP, 1 Speed
----
Whirlwind
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Surf

The tank of my team. I felt I had no real defence agaisnt pokemon like Latias, Dragonite, or other pokemon that might start setting up. Whirlwind is there to try to get more pokemon with stealth rock out, or if Suicune cannot handle them (vaporeon).

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Timid EV: 252 Speed, 252 HP, 1 Sp Atk
----
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Thunder Wave
Substitute​

Jolteon will likely cause a lot of switches. Thunder Wave gives me that chance to cripple switch ins. It also helps to counter a few other non-scarfed pokemon like gengar, or gyarados.​

Azelf @ Choice Band
Jolly EV: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
----
Fire Punch
U-Turn
Trick
Zen Headbutt

Team was lacking in physical prowess without needing to set-up, so Azelf fills that spot. Trick is used to cripple any tank pokemon I come across. U-turn can be used to scout out pokemon. Fire Punch is needed for steel types. Zen Headbutt is simply for STAB.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive EV: ???
----
Close Combat
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Nasty Plot​

I forgot the EV spread for the typical MixApe, and Smogon database is not working for me for some reason. Considering I felt like having Scizor be a late game sweeper, and having Azelf limited to simply choice band left me with a power problem. Hopefully, infernape gains some additional coverage I need while still having the power to take them out.​

haunter

Banned deucer.
RMT rules said:
16. Play with your team before putting it up for rate. We as a community cannot emphasize this enough. No one wants to rate the team that you freshly created while eating breakfast or the gimmick you randomly put together. We as a community want teams that have been battle tested so that the obvious flaws have been hammered out.

This is particularly because just by playing with a team, you yourself can figure out what is wrong with your team. You don't need other people to help you quite yet - and to be blunt, you're just being lazy or have the wrong idea of what the RMT forum is if you're posting teams you spent fifteen minutes creating.
Test your team for a few days and then come back asking for people's help.

Also, most of your descriptions are really lacking. PM me updated descriptions after you've tested this team for a while and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)