1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

PO CaP Server working!

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by eric the espeon, Feb 6, 2011.

1. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

But not public yet (I've got a working private server, but RD will host the full one). And only has Syclant so far. And I've not got it to have the right ability yet (will ask someone tomorrow).

but.

Everything else works on my server.

[​IMG]

Teambuilder (open)

[​IMG][​IMG]

big image (open)

[​IMG]

It takes a while to add the data and everyone will need to download a new set of data files for their client when I'm done, and there is still a bit to figure out on getting abilities working (they seem to be stored in the same place as formes, but I'm sure when the PO technical people come back on they'll be able to explain it), and getting them to appear in the right generations (gen 5 only), as well as decisions about where in the dex to put them (I'd like to put at least placeholder pre-evos in) etc.. Still, only took a bit over an hour and a half to get this far. Now I know the process the rest should be in within the next few days.

so.. you guys can restart cap now that we have a sim? Just don't get carried away with crazy new effects and it should all be easy enough to implement.
  2. eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Post #2

todo list (open)

- Find out how to make generations work better - Asked coyo, RD is looking into it.
    - Find out how to make abilities work
    - Get non-animated mini sprites/add them - done, thanks wyv!
    - Add data for the rest of the current CaPs
    - Add legal combinations (need 4th and 5th gen versions, I think)
    - Add pre evo placeholders (can be edited at any stage, but better to add them in the right order/now)
    - Add new moves without strange effects
    - Give server data files to RD for hosting
    - Give client data files to public for playing

Other people/possibles:
    - Make Gen 5 style sprites
    - Make Pre-Evo sprites/mini sprites
    - Look into coding custom abilities (RD may be able to)
    - Cheer us on and enjoy it when it comes out :)

Planning:

Pre evo log (open)

[01:07] <ete_afk> I would like to add pre evos to the sim even though we don't have official info, because if we don't add them now
    [01:07] <Rising_Dusk> I have all the animated versions too.
    [01:07] <ete_afk> it will be a lot of messing about and blow up everyone's teams
    [01:07] <ete_afk> and no HD
    [01:07] <HD_AFK> lucky you
    [01:07] <ete_afk> RD, wyv, tennisace, Deck_Knight
    [01:07] <ete_afk> are you guys ok with that?
    [01:07] <HD_AFK> show's idea is shit and the british accents want me to kill myself
    [01:07] <ete_afk> well, guys and wyv
    [01:08] <ete_afk> right hd
    [01:08] <ete_afk> anyway, y/n on pre-evo placeholders
    [01:08] <HD_AFK> y
    [01:08] <SgtWoodsy> yeah
    [01:09] <Rising_Dusk> That's fine.
    [01:09] -->| BassDX (~R.E.G.I.S@synIRC-A5272C73.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #cap
    [01:09] <Rising_Dusk> I still think Strata shouldn't have pre-evos.
    [01:09] <Rising_Dusk> ._
    [01:09] <Rising_Dusk> ._.*
    [01:09] <ete_afk> lol
    [01:09] <ete_afk> it'll take a few hours till i hit those.
    [01:09] |<-- Forte has left irc.synirc.net (Ping timeout)
    [01:09] <HD_AFK> it'd be nice if strata grew smaller upon evolution(s)
    [01:09] <HD_AFK> like erosion and shit
    [01:10] <Wyverii> Mini-sprites sent via smogon pms.
    [01:10] <ete_afk> someone should set up the plan for BW spriteing of old CaPs/post it :)
    [01:10] <ete_afk> cool, thanks wyv
    [01:11] <Rising_Dusk> <3 Wyv
    [01:11] <Rising_Dusk> ete, I'd have to clear it with the other mods.
    [01:11] <Rising_Dusk> But Wyv said that she thought it would be cool.
    [01:11] <Rising_Dusk> Mostly, I'll need to run it by Doug.
    [01:11] <Rising_Dusk> Since he's "God" as it were.
    [01:12] <Wyverii> There's no problem with pre-evolutions really, only that most people don't really care for them battling-wise (I'm sure some diehard LC guys would disagree)
    [01:12] <Rising_Dusk> Well, Doug and we had all discussed it before at one point.
    [01:12] <Rising_Dusk> It would be a cool "fun project" to flesh out sometimes.
    [01:13] <Rising_Dusk> sometime*
    [01:13] <Wyverii> Nothing wrong with flavour.
    [01:13] <ete_afk> ^
    [01:13] <Rising_Dusk> Yeah, exactly.

Feel free to debate these, the only thing we kinda need to set early on is the number of pre evos each gets. Everything else can be changed easily later (though everyone will need a redownload. But they'll need that for new sprites anyway.). If enough people feel pre evos should not be included at all then I will not put them in.

Syclar
    Syclant (Mountaineer needed. Coding required.)
    Revenankh
    Embirch
    Flamelm
    Pyroak
    Breezi
    Fidgit (Persistent needed. Coding required.)
    Rebble
    Bolderdash
    Stratagem (Paleo Wave needed. Need to play with move data.)
    Privatyke
    Arghonaut
    Nohface
    Kitsunoh (ShadowStrike needed. Need to play with move data.)
    Monohm
    Duclohm
    Cyclohm
    --- Everything in up to here other than pre-evo stuff.
    Colosshale
    Colossoil
    Plicowatt
    Krillowatt
    Voodoll
    Voodoom
    --- Everything in up to here other than movepools+pre evo stuff.
  3. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Advanced Connection number please! Thanks, ete!

Error while connected to server -- Received error n°7: Connection timed out

D:
  4. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

This is awesome. I was going to try to figure this all out come next weekend, but you beat me to the punch! I hope that we can try to coordinate fifth generation CAP now. :)

Remember that this server won't be public until ete implements the rest of the CAPs and I host the server publicly on my machine. Right now ete's firewall blocks outside connections.
  5. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

6. zarator

zarator Credits to Mos-Quitoxe for the cute sprite^^
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

Awesome job ete! Maybe, if someone could start posting the CAP Committee nominations and TL noms as well, say, next week, it would be perfect. In the past Doug used to be the one posting these threads. I don't know if he's willing to do so again, but if he isn't, we would need someone else to step up and do so (maybe ete or R_D?).
  7. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence

Doug being replaced by Ete? Preposterous!
  8. eric the espeon

Ok, good news, I just tested and the CaP client seems compatible with normal servers. It just gives you a blank slot if you enter a battle on them. Everyone will still need to replace their current data file with the new one, but it's just a copy/paste job.

edit: and I may or may not become more involved with CaP than I have been for a while, but Doug can handle that kind of thread, or if he wants to pass it on, should pass it to someone a little more in touch with the community than myself.
  9. capefeather

capefeather no shit
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Doug is too busy being the God of Smogon to do a whole lot for our humble abode. But yeah, it's great that this has finally gotten rolling.
  10. Destiny Warrior

Destiny Warrior also known as Darkwing_Duck
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Amazing. Good job eric.
  11. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence

Thanks Eric! Can't wait until it goes public.
  12. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

[​IMG]

im a boss

oh and cool news
  13. Deck Knight

Deck Knight Photorealistic Seagull (PSG)
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

Old favorite user: Rising_Dusk

New favorite user: eric the espeon.
    (Rising_Dusk is also a favorite)

Good work this is beast.
  14. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence

I knew rey was going to do that. I saw the backround, and first thing that came to mind: Ohshit, what's rey's reaction?

Lol@DK's post.

When do you think it'll go public?
  15. eric the espeon

Glad people like it so far :)

I should be able to add all the data in under a week comfortably enough now I have the process, then RD can host (once he gets the data it should be quick enough). Fixing the two issues I'm unsure of, don't know how long that'll take. We can still play without them fixed, so long as we allow Deoxys-A to have Compoundeyes and only use gen 5... but yea, should actually solve it.
  16. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence

Deoxys with Compoundeyes. WTF?
    Only gen 5. But the CAPS are meant for gen 4...
  17. ssbbm

ssbbm

Thank you! :) Now I can go back to playing with my broken-mons! :)
  18. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Yes, we know. It is a technical error that needs to be resolved.
  19. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Nohface was also done, but Wyv's sprite was a bit different to what SDS wanted for the concept.
  20. eric the espeon

Update: Added all but movepool and pre evo information to Rev/Oak/Fidgit. Sadly movepool takes by far the longest, but at least I've got the methods for adding everything else worked out so I can add all the rest in one batch.

I'm going to go with the consensus about how many pre evos to include for later CaPs, so opinions please! If someone wants to go researching the old threads and find out if anything was decided upon or even discussed relating to pre evos, please do so and link us to important posts. Collecting up any information and sprites/pictures of pre evos would be helpful.

Edit: Update #2 Rev/Oak movepools in.. 4 AM. Taking a break.
  21. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

- Rebble / Bolderdash / Stratagem
    - Privatyke / Arghonaut
    - Nohface / Kitsunoh
    - Monohm / Duclohm / Cyclohm
    - Colosshale (Dark/Water) / Colossoil
    - Plicowatt / Krilowatt
    - Voodoll (Normal/Fight) / Voodoom
  22. smashlloyd20

smashlloyd20

Looks nice, can't wait for CAP to get started again!
  23. DetroitLolcat

DetroitLolcat Maize And Blue Badge Set :)
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Yes! Fifth Generation CAP will be here before we know it! Great work ete!
  24. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Good work man.

One question. Will Hal be able to join us?
  25. eric the espeon

No, but the standard scripts should have most of his functions, and we can rename the bots to HAL very easily/replace normal rules with CaP rules.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)