Pokébilities

OK Ive been thinking and haven't come to an answer yet so what to do with Trace
1)Omit it and let Megakazam keep it
2)Change its effect OR
3)Replace it with a different ability on each mon/the same ability on each mon
4)let it stay
Ends tomorrow at 3PM central time.

Last edited:
The problem is that with every poke other than megakazam having trace would get rid of their other abilities
Well, there's only gardevoir and porygon-2 really.
And porygon-2 isn't much of an attacker, so analytic and download might be good abilities, but if you want an attacker like that it's better to use P-Z with those abilities + adaptability
Gardevoir loses synchronize and telepathy. Which aren't that powerful.

What I meant is the users other abilities would be rewritten
I guess the other abilities could be rewritten. I mean sure the Porygon line will miss their other abilities but an ability that copies other abilities in a Pokebilities metagame makes sense in my eyes.

Would Download activate before Trace on P2? If yes, then I think that letting it stay would cause little harm. P2 could have made an amazing tank with Analytic+Download, but it can survive with Download+Trace. It's not like Garde needs Synchronize to function properly.

Would Download activate before Trace on P2? If yes, then I think that letting it stay would cause little harm. P2 could have made an amazing tank with Analytic+Download, but it can survive with Download+Trace. It's not like Garde needs Synchronize to function properly.
no since I would just give all the tracemons nuthin but trace

no since I would just give all the tracemons nuthin but trace
Since Download has an effect that lasts after the abilities have changed, and Porygon2 is an already good but not great Pokemon that could use any boost it could get, I would highly recommend you let P2 have Dowload+Trace, assuming that Download will trigger first.

Mega Charizard Y gets Drought+Solar Power+Blaze. Solar Power's HP loss only helps it get into Blaze range. Thank goodness Moody is banned. If it wasn't Bidoof would sweep entire teams. I am interested in Chlorophyll+Leaf Guard+Regenerator Tangrowth. Huge sun-based tank that is immune to status, has double speed, and gets health back every time it switches out.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mega Charizard Y gets Drought+Solar Power+Blaze. Solar Power's HP loss only helps it get into Blaze range. Thank goodness Moody is banned. If it wasn't Bidoof would sweep entire teams. I am interested in Chlorophyll+Leaf Guard+Regenerator Tangrowth. Huge sun-based tank that is immune to status, has double speed, and gets health back every time it switches out.
Nope. Mega Evolutions only have their standard ability, so Mega Charizard Y only has Drought. I'd've been worried if he got Solar Power + Blaze + Drought.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Some stuff I see quite interesting thats not in the OP

Sand Stream + Sand Force Hippowdon
Simple + Unaware + Moody Bibarel
Simple + Klutz + Unaware Swoobat
(Shame it has klutz)
Limber + Unburden + Pranskter Liepard (Gotta go fast)
Snow Cloak + Ice Body Glaceon

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Ok thanks for that clarification. Imagine Moxie / Guts / Skill Link Mega Heracross. Still interested in Tangrowth
It also gets swarm, but yeah thats still deadly

Another thing, Gardevoir's abilities are Trace/Synchronize/Telepathy, if option 1 is not chosen then fix this

Last edited:
Actually Moody was nerfed and allowed as you can see in the OP.

Prankster and Stall don't contradict each other at all. Prankster raises the priority of non-attacking moves by 1, and Stall makes all moves go last within their priority bracket.

So Sableye recover would outspeed scarf Deoxys-S psycho boost, but Azumarill Aqua Jet would outspeed Sableye recover.

Yanmega with Speed Boost, Tinted Lenses and Frisk. Could serve as a decent scout. Usaring gets Guts and Quick Feet as well as having STAB Facade to throw around. Too bad it has base 55 Speed. Kecleon's type changing gets even more interesting with Color Change and Protean. Magic Guard and Regenerator Reuniclus. Scrafty should find it much easier to set-up and sweep. And then their is Conkeldurr. It gets all of its amazing abilities at the same time. That should be fun.

Carracosta - Solid Rock + Sturdy + Swift Swim (just try to stop this guy from setting up)
Gorebyss - Swift Swim + Hydration (only fully evolved mon with this combo, and Shell Smash to boot)
Heatran - Flash Fire + Flame Body (small, but Flame Body is a great defensive ability that saw little use due to Flash Fire)
Mamoswine - Oblivious + Snow Cloak + Thick Fat (easily the best Snow Cloak abuser)
Miltank - Thick Fat + Scrappy + Sap Sipper (Fire and Ice resists + Grass immunity + near perfect coverage with Scrappy)
Octilerry - Suction Cups + Sniper + Moody (immune to phazing and boosts with Moody and Sniper Focus Energy)
Snorlax - Immunity + Thick Fat + Gluttony (no longer needs to choose between poison immunity and resistances, and indeed wants to be poisoned for status immunity)
Walrein - Thick Fat + Ice Body + Oblivious (Fire resist, practically Ice immune, Tauntproof, and permahail is back)

On the topic of Oblivious, Infatuation is now a real thing to watch out for now with Cute Charm becoming standard on many mons (including premier staller Clefable). Indeed, this combined with Rivalry makes Gender in general much more relevant.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)