Pokémon GO

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

I just wanted to give an advice, do NOT activate pogo while driving, especially on the highway. I've been doing that during 2 weeks every mornings / evenings when I was going at work and leaving it. I've just activated it for the eggs because the kms are still increasing. But I was walking in a park today, catching mon and few minutes after I couldn't be able to take any pokestop and all the Pokemon I've found were going away after I've used one ball.

Some people on Pokemon go room on PS! told me that it is certainly a softban due to what I've said above, because my gps location was changing too fast and they could think that I was manipulating it.

Hi,

I just wanted to give an advice, do NOT activate pogo while driving, especially on the highway. I've been doing that during 2 weeks every mornings / evenings when I was going at work and leaving it. I've just activated it for the eggs because the kms are still increasing. But I was walking in a park today, catching mon and few minutes after I couldn't be able to take any pokestop and all the Pokemon I've found were going away after I've used one ball.

Some people on Pokemon go room on PS! told me that it is certainly a softban due to what I've said above, because my gps location was changing too fast and they could think that I was manipulating it.
I had this earlier this month while I was traveling by train. I turned off PoGo when the train started moving, and I turned it back on when I arrived at my destination (roughly 100km away). For some reason the game thought I was still at the location I departed from, and it teleported me all the way to my current location. I got softbanned as well, and I got kind of frustrated because it really wasn't my fault at all. And I just wanted to play. Couldn't catch any Pokemon (they would run away instantly) and couldn't spin a single Pokestop. Luckily the trick to instantly lift the softban worked.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
they really need to sort out that sort of thing, if you are in a gym and lose, there should be a cooldown before you can do anything at that gym.
Nah, we need the guy/team who inflicted the most damages to get the priority, or the third team can still take advantage of your work. Two days ago, I killed a red gym, then a yellow, then it became red again and I was just powerless. Beat me afterwards if you want, but let me take those 10 coins ;_;

when its 1 low level pokemon that gets cleared every time, the person who won the gym battle should have the opportunity to put something in.
game taking the piss again, go to work, slowbro dratini and golduck on nearby list.
get home... .3km left on egg. walk... it adds ZERO to it.
and then start to eat.. Abra on the nearby list, ABRA!!!
oh and the game still doesnt reward exp properly, been getting a fair few blatant curveballs unregistering.

more to do with battery saver activating halfway home, so it zooms to location when i check the egg, therfore climing i was going too fast.. it has now at 1.99km just on my desk lol

That sounds more like a problem with your phone's GPS tracking than the game itself.
more to do with battery saver activating halfway home, so it zooms to location when i check the egg, therfore climing i was going too fast.. it has now at 1.99km just on my desk lol
Don't know, I don't think it's either my GPS or battery save mode. Sometimes I keep the app open when walking, and I keep looking at my screen. I don't walk faster than 5 km/h, and I also don't see any weird things regarding the GPS and location of my character. When I properly walk 5 kilometers, it never properly registers those 5 kilometers. Pretty annoying.

it was open, and now the egg has hatched into a Spearow... WHY!!! practically anything else OTHER then that, Fearow is freaking useless.
oh and apparently Niantic changed things withe egg accuracy (lol) and more diversity spawning... definitely the latter., and changed some moves, on pokemon, old ones will still have the, new ones won't.

it would be nice if I could level my Gyarados up... its sat in a gym for over a day now, i got enough candy to level it up twice. that's a good 76 cp right there :(
and the eggs only count from Point A to point B as the crow flys, within a set time (which seems to be like 10 minutes), it was far less because I used to get traveling on tram adding a good 0.3.. now it is lucky to add 0.01, and the tram travels slower in some points where it would probably add.

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Egg distances can get annoying quickly since they randomly update (one time an egg that said 5.0/5.0 hatch after I walked to my car, drive home and then walk into my room). That and the occasional egg hatching without an animation sometimes, where basically I'll go check on it and it'll just say 8/9 eggs and then require me to check recent mons to see what it is.

This has probably been asked before, but does anyone know the chances of getting a 10K egg or some method to increase the chance of getting one? All I've been getting are 5K's, which aren't bad, other than what they turn out to be.

Also, I've heard that some moves like Steel Wing and Water Pulse can be better for defending/holding gyms because of the way the AI uses them. If possible, does anyone have a list or know where to find one for moves that are better for defending gyms of whatnot?

Starters are so hard to catch, and the worst part is that for me they usually got bad IV's (got like 130 Bulbasaur candy and the highest one was like 66% perfect with the 2nd highest being 42% perfect).

Finally, does getting Great, Nice or Excellent on throws improve the catch rate, or is solely just an exp bonus?

starters are a pain in the backside, I think every squirtle I catch is way below 50% I did hatch a charmander a while back, so that has good IV's, i'm actually 1 candy off a wartortle
oh and moves were changed on pokemon, pokemon already owned that has these moves are uneffected.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqUqnmcUsAAqieL.jpg:large
wouldn't mind sitting a hyper beam chancy in a gym... high HP (terrible CP) and a freaking STAB nuke, yes please.
hard to say on catch rates tbh, I see little effect.

Hi,

So that's what happened. Now it makes sense. I was on a long distance bus trip and thought it would be good to turn it on. Then, I found out that I couldn't spin Stops or catch Pokemon.

EDIT: I still find it funny to see Diglett, Rhyhorn and Charmander spawn on Water ( I was on a ferry )

yea, and people have found water types on a volcano, I caught a seel, in a place where there is no water

Ninatic need to sort out the softban policy if they softban because you are going at a realistic speed, going to be fun if you are on a train and have the game running.

Last edited:
This has probably been asked before, but does anyone know the chances of getting a 10K egg or some method to increase the chance of getting one? All I've been getting are 5K's, which aren't bad, other than what they turn out to be.

Also, I've heard that some moves like Steel Wing and Water Pulse can be better for defending/holding gyms because of the way the AI uses them. If possible, does anyone have a list or know where to find one for moves that are better for defending gyms of whatnot?

Starters are so hard to catch, and the worst part is that for me they usually got bad IV's (got like 130 Bulbasaur candy and the highest one was like 66% perfect with the 2nd highest being 42% perfect).

Finally, does getting Great, Nice or Excellent on throws improve the catch rate, or is solely just an exp bonus?
Check this (click) out. Just click on a Pokemon and scroll down to its moveset. You will see the optimal moveset for both attacking and defending.

There should also be stuff on that site about capturing mechanics and such.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Egg distances can get annoying quickly since they randomly update (one time an egg that said 5.0/5.0 hatch after I walked to my car, drive home and then walk into my room). That and the occasional egg hatching without an animation sometimes, where basically I'll go check on it and it'll just say 8/9 eggs and then require me to check recent mons to see what it is.

this is the most accurate list if i recall correctly, takes into account the defense mechanics of gym battles accurately as opposed to other sites

as for your bulbasaur remark, thats because of the pokedex bug. the lower a pokemon's pokedex # is, the lower its attack IV will be, which means something like bulbasaur will have almost always a 0ish attack IV, making for really shitty bulbasaurs caught in the wild (this doesnt apply to eggs though, which makes the starters great hatches). This also explains why perfect Eeveelutions and dragonites are so common, eevee and dratini almost always have 15ish attack IVs in the wild.

I can't believe the 1.2 km bug still wasn't fixed. It is only present for some, but the Egg progress stops at exactly 1.2 km for some reason.

That said, it's funny how events made focus less and less on walking. People just chill in parks where they can reach ~4 PokeStops from a single spot and just wait until they recharge and are ready for use. Of course, lures are set on all Stops at all times, so there are Pokemon coming over all the time. But yeah, main source of Exp is just waiting for the Stops to recharge and catching the Pokemon that come to you, without moving from that bench in the park.

Maybe it would be handy if Karxrida could make the OP a bit more informative and put some simple questions and answers in there, just like the Simple Questions thread in the Wi-Fi section has. Stuff regarding IVs, catch rate, movesets, evolving, tools, and other tricks and tips would be useful, since I see a lot of people in this thread asking the same questions over and over again. It would be nifty to have a quick resource to everything in the OP.

... eeeeh... maybe I'm being a negative nancy but am I the only one who thinks this looks kind of shit?
I mean like, my big concern is the whole interactivity thing. Realistically, outside of Japan, what are the chances of meeting someone else who'd have it? Like, maybe this'd work in 1997, but Pokémon's popularity on a larger scale is essentially dead. If you find someone else around you in the USA or the UK that likes Pokémon even a little bit then you pretty much gave your soul to the devil. And without that multiplayer aspect which will never happen because maybe you'll have one friend who has it and fighting only them over and over again is going to get boring a la streetpass, it's kind of... eh. Just a boring gimmick that'll wear off quickly especially when actually doing it will look bloody stupid and embarrassing to anyone around you. And would you really be willing to walk significant distances just for one certain Pokémon? That's about on par with going to Japan for that one Moonblast Jirachi event.
Also it's free except you have to buy a wristwatch thing and it follows the F2P model so it can royally go fuck itself
This quote is now hilarious with the benefit of hindsight :-)

(No offense meant though, Kurona)

This quote is now hilarious with the benefit of hindsight :-)

(No offense meant though, Kurona)
Pffft, don't worry 'bout it. I always end up cringing when I look at my old posts.

That said I still find it incredible and unbelievable that it became a worldwide phenomenon. Like I was out with my friends yesterday and I used Pokémon Go and there was this park full of lures and everyone was there with their phones and I'm just like... what the fuck when did this happen; I'm hearing people call to each other about eevees and magnemites and candy

Pffft, don't worry 'bout it. I always end up cringing when I look at my old posts.

That said I still find it incredible and unbelievable that it became a worldwide phenomenon. Like I was out with my friends yesterday and I used Pokémon Go and there was this park full of lures and everyone was there with their phones and I'm just like... what the fuck when did this happen; I'm hearing people call to each other about eevees and magnemites and candy
It's crazy. There are people on my Facebook feed who never once talked about pokemon before this game came out. You walk down the streets and chances are someone's playing it. The college I'm going to has a gym and multiple pokestops, so I saw a bunch of people playing in their spare time when I went to orientation a while back. In the library there was even a board where it asked what team you were on and you could put a mark in the column. It's pretty cool that there's no shame in talking about pokemon in public (well, I never gave a shit, but there was definitely a reluctance for a lot of people.) I don't even care if this game is how some people are getting into pokemon. As long as they try out the main series, I'm fine.

I noticed that the game has been kinda fading away from the media, but I'm fine with that because I don't need them talking about it. It just brings out this negativity in a lot of people, like blaming the game for car accidents and shit. As long as there are people still playing the game though, it's all good.

there are no tips and tricks to anything, its all guesswork.
I find that chilling in parks with 4 lured pokestops is actually bad. you go through balls faster then you can refill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)