Pokémon GO

I'm pissed off. For some reason, the GPS at home is putting me in the only 50 meter circle that doesn't touch any of the 14 spawns I have nearby. I was used to having my 4 spawn points at home, and I couldn't enjoy the Halloween event properly because I worked a lot and was counting on my spawns to help me.

Sick.

At least you have 14 nearby spawns... I used to have one across the street I would walk out to get but it seems all the original nearby ones / new ones have changed with the most recent spawn point update and I would have to walk down the street to catch something. My game completely relies on me playing in the transit to and from school or any other place for pokestops and also catches, getting the one and sometimes second gym that I can feasably walk to from my house and hold for at least a little time, and occasionally taking a walk around the neighborhood.

I got 4 or 5 around my house and whether i get 1 or 2 depends where I am in the house, let alone the odd time it wanders and collects 2 other ones equally as close but by the sides.
the biggest issue about the event is what is spawning whereas before the event i was seeing Nidoran F shellder and Horsea... easier catches then what I see now. meaning pokeballs are draining faster then I can refill.
when you have seen, and caught 12 Gengars, while out and about.... I only had 3 before the event... caught 4 today.. these things are perma red circle.
still need 25 cubones for gold badge as well.
I think the double candies has been a wasted opportunity because... all the nests around here are useless (2-3 pokemon an hour.. all at the same time... all except the one decent spawnrate nest.. (which is caterpie) all these 2K eggs hatching rubbish, bar clefairy... 5Ks have been better given I got Ponyta and Vulpix x2... rest have been generic water stuff i can catch by the bucketloads, my 10k has been eevee.
so what exactly am I getting here? over 1500 ghastly candies (not even joking.. I had like 150 before that) 300 odd cubone candies.. 300 odd meowth candies... and all the usual stuff I see on Biome spawns... all the Halloween stuff has taken away all the spawns of things I actually dont see that much.

Last edited:
not that many a week, because you can play it while doing stuff. at home its just, go on at spawn time, and catch, do walk a bit when I do play, and had to go out to refill pokeballs today, but in total...3 hours actually playing it today, as is usually the case when I do go out. its just the Ghastly line here is spawning at insane rates.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
PokeGo Plus really helps for playing Poke Go whilst doing daily stuff. Saves you from having to keep your phone out all the time; just push a button on your belt or wrist. Particularly helpful for situations when keeping your phone out isn't ideal like when hanging out with friends, doing chores and during a lecture.

I wouldn't mind one of those, but for catching things, it only uses a pokeball, no berry, no extra bonus.. not a viable option in this event, but I can see the use of it and wouldn't mind it for the pokestop spins or to locate pokemon.

PokeGo Plus really helps for playing Poke Go whilst doing daily stuff. Saves you from having to keep your phone out all the time; just push a button on your belt or wrist. Particularly helpful for situations when keeping your phone out isn't ideal like when hanging out with friends, doing chores and during a lecture.
Hmm, was thinking to get Plus eventually. I think your comment just made me do it :)

Hatched my second 10k into a hitmonshit. Didn't think i'd be happier to hatch* an onix, but I was.

On the other hand, I evolved my perfect nidoran and got Poison Jab + Earthquake, so i'm ecstatic rn. The nidoran was level 14 so i'm gonna be pumping all future candies into that thing, but it just feels great to get the best possible moveset on it (admittedly nidoqueen doesn't really have a bad moveset though, just inferior ones).

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a hitmonanything better then a freaking eevee, would be a +1 on the dex and something stupidly rare around here.
did finish of my 2ks... more rubbish... and a Geodude with 14/14/14 :D

Yeah. I've only ever had one Hitmonlee and one Snorlax. No Hitmonchan or Lapras in dex yet. Living far from the city will do that to you. Naturally, Dratinis rarely spawn in my area.

event still going... Niantic please... and 1 cubone short of the badge.. had 2 High CP ones run, far too much of a drain on resources these event pokemon, especially high CP cubone/ghastly.
2 more 5k eggs hatched.. Paras and Krabby.
Ninaitc REALLY need to fix this.. there are things I never see, and never get hatched out of 5K eggs, yet its always stuff I do see often coming out, like Machop, Manky.. Eggsecute

event still going... Niantic please... and 1 cubone short of the badge.. had 2 High CP ones run, far too much of a drain on resources these event pokemon, especially high CP cubone/ghastly.
2 more 5k eggs hatched.. Paras and Krabby.
Ninaitc REALLY need to fix this.. there are things I never see, and never get hatched out of 5K eggs, yet its always stuff I do see often coming out, like Machop, Manky.. Eggsecute
What do you mean event still going? Are the bonuses still in effect?

i got a lot of grimer candy from this event... just got to work out how many I actually need to max level a muk
ahh normal spawns are back... and first thing I catch after the event is a zubat -_-
did just catch a 2x dragon move over 82% seadra.......... with 23 cp.. cheers Niantic lol

Last edited:
And one of the first I got was a Chansey. Obviously, tried it on a Gym. Pretty decent, poor IV but already past Lv20, usable to use to laugh at gym jackers.

I want that... just to try its stupid HP in Gyms.. how is it for that?
and as usual.. 1-2am.. something rare spawns... a Bulbasaur on sightings :( a few weeks before the event it was Lapras and Vaporeon on 2 days as well... all at silly AM, also a Grimer last night :(
its not like I can go look for it, if it spawns on the industrial estate, the spawn point is close.. the entrance is not.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Chansey is garbage for gyms. Always at the bottom, CP cap prevents its stats from shining, and will doom your teammates / yourself from prestiging effectively.

As a prestiger, Chansey is inferior to most options (it is really slow) but it is also the only Pokemon that can effectively prestige against everything and anything so if you want to try that, go for it.

Blissey in Gen 2 will be on a different level thankfully so at least the pink blob can be redeemed somewhat.

Event-wise:

Walked almost 100KM during the whole week. Maxed out Gold medals for Ghost and Ground. Hatched 2 Lapras back to back and manage to power both nearly to max thanks to the buddy change. Also got candy for evolving and powering up Porygon2 and Blissey in the future, and now I can safely say I can evolve all cross gen evos at 90%+ IV once Generation 2 is released.

Fun event, with my only complaint basically being the spawn rates destroying most common mons. I hope Niantic does more of these in the future as they really gave the game a significant boost in popularity since the early release days.

The New daily quests are exactly what people on the low end needed. Unless you found a Gum and sent in something over 1500 CP, CP was really hard to come by. With this, I should be able to raise up my mons to be in acceptable range for attacking and defending gyms.

In other news, the event ended today, but was able to snag myself a Seadra before the event ran out, something I was aiming for since day 1. Was ablt to take out an entire gym using Parasect (seriously; Slowbro/exeggutor combo is begging to get mono bugged) and was able to get a quick defender bonus to boot. Returning back to my neighborhood, I was surprised to see Red team controlling all points for the first time in months, so tomorrow if they're still up I will be contributing to rising them up and putting in some defenders.

Chansey is garbage for gyms. Always at the bottom, CP cap prevents its stats from shining, and will doom your teammates / yourself from prestiging effectively.

As a prestiger, Chansey is inferior to most options (it is really slow) but it is also the only Pokemon that can effectively prestige against everything and anything so if you want to try that, go for it.
I actually do that to seal gyms. Simply to doom my own 'teammates' who likes to jack gyms for their own (as such, I only do to Lv10 gyms). I must say it was fun. They seem to take long to take it down before putting their own 'mon again while I can snap a dragon quickly and get it maxed again while they're getting it maxed as well and put the Chansey again.

The New daily quests are exactly what people on the low end needed. Unless you found a Gum and sent in something over 1500 CP, CP was really hard to come by. With this, I should be able to raise up my mons to be in acceptable range for attacking and defending gyms.
What new daily quests? How do you access it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)