Pokémon GO

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I'd be fine with that. Prestiging took -some- skill in this casual-oriented game and it was a good thing to know how to do so.

Instead we get people camping gyms with infinite Golden Razz Berries and result in lockouts for everyone that's not in the gym (spoiler: this happened to me for nearly 3 hours last night, I probably killed the same 3K Blissey 100 times). It's honestly too brainless tbh.

Dratini raids would feed my 100% nites :D

getting rather fed up of some players behaviour and attitude though, this is a game, and yet people seem to think it is acceptable behaviour to drive to another town, target players, hang around for hours at the gyms there, make rude gestures when driving past, this is a serious problem, given the location of the gym to the house, and their behaviour when driving around earlier, I don't even know the account name of the player, but this is stupid now. supposed adults can't leave other people to play a game?

Minor update incoming.

Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.69.0 for Android and 1.39.0 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

• Added icons to the Pokémon information screen to indicate how the Pokémon was caught.
  • Added the ability for Trainers to spin the Photo Disc at a Gym after completing a Raid Battle.
  • Added the ability for Trainers to send Berries to their Pokémon defending Gyms through the Pokémon info screen when they are not nearby. Motivation regained will be less effective through this method.
  • Added the ability for Trainers to give Berries to Pokémon defending Gyms if their motivation meter is full.
  • Improved Pokémon Collection screen search functionality.
  • Fixed an issue where Trainers were unable to complete Raid Battles started before time expired on the map view.
  • Fixed an issue where Pokémon are not properly returned to their Trainer after defending a Gym.
  • Various bug fixes.

—The Pokémon GO team

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
If it was the old system of coin collection, the deployment of berries without specifically being at a gym would be a godsend, but given that you want stuff to come back, its only use is if you want a gold badge, and it's likely that the gym will either fall or stay regardless if you feed it remotely or not. Statistics are cool so I'm hoping the Pokemon icon screen looks spiffy.

Last edited:

breh

強いだね
Yay, now I can send gold razz to my blissey so that random asshats won't dump it out 10 minutes after I leave the gym.

The "swipe gym after raid" thing is also nice too.

I'd like to know what "various bug fixes" entails.

Problem might be actually defeating Gyms
Asshats can just keep spamming Golden Razzberries just to piss people off
Have few people do that to you once a day, and you suddenly have a graveyard of Pokémon

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Only the most dedicated of people truly care to do that, it's a war of attrition for the gold badges or simply territory.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Here we go
It's a start, though they're still missing the Legendary Beasts, Mew, & Celebi. Infact I would have not released Ho-Oh until they planned to release the Legendary Beasts since its their master (makes sense to release Lugia with the Winged Mirages). I'd also focus on a Mewtwo event next, then a Mew just to get all of Gen I released.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
It specifically says "one Legendary" so we're probably only getting one. I'm hoping Chicago players are smart and go for Mewtwo (nope).

Mewtwo invalidates the little competitive aspect this game had as it destroys every single gym uncontrolled.

Mew and Celebi are mythicals, so I assume they will be given at various events and not like Legendaries are
I think that the "only one" rule applies to the Legendary Birds, otherwise Mewtwo and Ho-Oh would be too OP

And they had some problems with the remote feeding, so they shut it down completely and will hopefully fix it quickly

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wait, why are GS duo separated?
In addition to CP as Blitzamirin mentioned, it may also be because they're sometimes paired together - like in the second movie, with Lugia being seen as the trio master. Much like Ho-Oh has been seen as the master of the beast trio (Ho-Oh revived the beasts, and capturing the beasts is necessary before you can encounter Ho-Oh in Crystal).

My guess is that they may release the beasts + Ho-Oh after the birds + Lugia, and then release Mewtwo. Not sure about Mew and Celebi.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Game Master File update:

Legendaries = 2% Catch Rate (Tyranitar, Lapras, Snorlax, Dragonite, Rhydon, and friends are 5%)
20 KM for 1 Buddy Candy.

Hope you all hoarded Rare Candies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)