Pokémon Great to Hate

When I first got into Pokemon, I thought Mightyena was single-handedly the best Pokemon ever. It had Intimidate, a favorite ability of mine, and it was a FREAKING AWESOME HYENA.

I later learned how awful it's stats were, how shallow it's movepool was, and now I can't bring myself to use it.

There's no Pokemon I really liked at one point that I hate now. However, I'll just spit Blaziken out there - I thought the design was cool when I first saw it, but now everyone orgasms over him and I'm just done with it. I boxed Torchic when I got it in Y, and I'm never going to actually use it other than dexfodder.

Plus, Hawlucha is an excellent Blaziken counter.

Don't really hate any pokemon myself, they each have their merits.

I did used to adore Butterfree. The anime episode (you know what I'm talking about) made me want to use one so much.

Then I got wiser in later gens and learned about BST and competitive battling. After seeing Butterfree's BST, I can't even think about using it, even in a story run because of other mons I could be using instead.

Charizard for me. Growing up when pokemon first came everyone was like " ZOMG Charizard is awesome" ( myself included) When i got right into competitive battling i realised how terrible it is. 4x weakness to stealth rock lol

I've never hated a Pokemon I've liked at one point. But I guess the best example I could give is Pidgeot. He's the best looking bird in the game next to Talonflame in my opinion, and his original card had amazing artwork. But in game he's worthless even with the strongest attacks you can put on it.

Sure, some pokemon are Overused or underwhelming, but I'll always love Tyranitar, Charizard, Salamence, Feraligatr, Scizor, and Mewtwo.

Hmmm, my personal favorite to hate and make fun of is Garbador. The design looks horrible, it doesn't really learn a lot of good moves, and its' BST isn't too good either. Even in comp battling, it's NU/PU/anything lower than that. IMO, the design was kinda blah, especially since there's already another Pokémon made from pure pollution/waste; Grimer and Muk. I'm not too thrilled about Trubbish for the same reasons I already posted about Garbador.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Hmmm, my personal favorite to hate and make fun of is Garbador. The design looks horrible, it doesn't really learn a lot of good moves, and its' BST isn't too good either. Even in comp battling, it's NU/PU/anything lower than that. IMO, the design was kinda blah, especially since there's already another Pokémon made from pure pollution/waste; Grimer and Muk. I'm not too thrilled about Trubbish for the same reasons I already posted about Garbador.
Garbodor isn't a bad Pokemon though; his design isn't very good and someone who saw Trubbish as sort of cute (come on he's a tiny rubbish bag with cute eyes) hated Garbo at first, but in NU he was one of the best spikers - probably THE best before Roselia and Scolipede dropped - and it still has uses now. It's BST isn't amazing but... it's a counterpart to Muk and Weezing, and it's stats are right on par with that. Muk is special defensive, Weezing physically and Garbodor is a mixed wall with pretty good 95 attack and far better speed at 75, and while it was stuck with the rather lackluster Poison-Typing if this thing was gen 1 you would like it. Anyway, the pollution Pokemon are:
Koffing/Weezing = Air Pollution
Grimer/Muk = Water Pollution
Garbodor = Land Pollution

Just because Garbodor was introduced late doesn't mean he doesn't fit right in. I know that you weren't expecting a reply but oh my God I hate it when these two get hate for no reason other than being gen 5, I mean really.

Garbodor isn't a bad Pokemon though; his design isn't very good and someone who saw Trubbish as sort of cute (come on he's a tiny rubbish bag with cute eyes) hated Garbo at first, but in NU he was one of the best spikers - probably THE best before Roselia and Scolipede dropped - and it still has uses now. It's BST isn't amazing but... it's a counterpart to Muk and Weezing, and it's stats are right on par with that. Muk is special defensive, Weezing physically and Garbodor is a mixed wall with pretty good 95 attack and far better speed at 75, and while it was stuck with the rather lackluster Poison-Typing if this thing was gen 1 you would like it. Anyway, the pollution Pokemon are:
Koffing/Weezing = Air Pollution
Grimer/Muk = Water Pollution
Garbodor = Land Pollution

Just because Garbodor was introduced late doesn't mean he doesn't fit right in. I know that you weren't expecting a reply but oh my God I hate it when these two get hate for no reason other than being gen 5, I mean really.

You do have a point there, but it being Gen 5 has nothing to do with why I dislike it. It's just one of those Pokémon that rubs me the wrong way.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
You do have a point there, but it being Gen 5 has nothing to do with why I dislike it. It's just one of those Pokémon that rubs me the wrong way.
You say that, but you do if this was a Pokemon in the first generation you played you would like it far better. If it was generation 1 it would be seen as a clear trio with the Pokemon I mentioned in the last post and it would be pretty likely that it wouldn't rub you the wrong way.

I still remember my thought processes upon seeing some of these utter disappointments:

Been waiting for a water/ghost forever > *sees frillish* > omg so excited > creams pants > *sees stupid mustachioed blue blob of stupidity* > damn.

Been waiting for grass/ghost forever > *sees phantump* > omg that is the awesomest thing ever > creams pants > *sees a derpy piece of wood wearing Charlie Brown's shirt* > damn. > *sees pumpkaboo* > omg there is still hope > *gets epically penismonned* > damn.

You say that, but you do if this was a Pokemon in the first generation you played you would like it far better. If it was generation 1 it would be seen as a clear trio with the Pokemon I mentioned in the last post and it would be pretty likely that it wouldn't rub you the wrong way.
Yeah, I'd still absolutely loathe Garbodor, purely because of its design. Trubbish isn't awesome, but it is a little cute, as you said. Garbodor, though? No.
And the fact that he was introduced in Gen V means that it's not exactly fair to ignore that. Besides, if he was in Gen I, Psychics would still rule the field and he'd be completely useless anyway.

Charizard...I just hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...ahem..

I cannot count how many times I've been hazed for saying that Charizard is bad and overrated. And with the MEvos, people are more stubborn and ignorant to anything but "Charizard is the greatest Pokemon ever." It makes me want to acquire a bullet to the brain at some days.

Hypno. A great alternative to not having someone to trade my kadabra with. Now I can't even consider it given how easy it is to trade online.

Recently, Zygarde. Some upstart slug that tries to pass itself off as a Dragon. Garchomp's my fav dragon and will always rule the dragon/ground title!

I always wondered about Deoxys. I hacked into a game once a upon a time at level 20 with my team so I could go on the journey with him but it pissed me off how he was so brittle. Same thing with Gengar, a glass cannon.

I always wondered about Deoxys. I hacked into a game once a upon a time at level 20 with my team so I could go on the journey with him but it pissed me off how he was so brittle. Same thing with Gengar, a glass cannon.
Well, Deoxys has three different forms. You must have had Attack form Deoxys.

And regardless of whether or not Garbador was in Gen I or not, I still would have hated it. End of story. I feel bad for Dunsparce though. So many peoples hate it because it's just such an underwhelming Pokémon. :(

I don't hate Ditto or Voltorb, but I used to like them a lot more than I do now. It's not anything negative though. I guess Pokémon like Jirachi, Uxie, Espeon, Scizor, Regice, Ludicolo, Reuniclus, Blaziken, Goomy, Klefki, and Gourgeist overshadowed them in my eyes. Chansey (And maybe Anorith. Maybe) could also qualify, even though I still love it a lot.
That said, I don't really hate any specific Pokémon (except Flareon, but I never particularly liked it), so this is just "great to not-so-great" for me.

Zubat. I thought he looked cool when I first got him in Red, and he could confuse opponents, to boot!

Fast forward after ten years of tunnels and caves, and I never want to see the little flying rat again...

Sooo, Chandelure.

Ya know, I had one in White 2. It was the star of my team. She kicked so much ass. I even got her to be a movie star. Choice Scarf with Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball and Trick. She was badass and annoyed my friends to no end in comp. battling.

Then X/Y comes around, and in the Battle Maison in Super Rotation Battles, Chandelure is like the bane of my own team of MKangaskhan, Aegislash, Slurpuff and Clefable. Almost every time I lost or got really close to losing was because of Chandelure. Now whenever I see one I think of the hell that was Super Rotation Battles.

I can't really think of any Pokemon that I used to love but now hate. There are, however, plenty of mons that I still love and use (at least in play through) even though I've since come to realise how terrible they are, relatively speaking.

Top contenders:
Pidgeot & Raticate: I still love these two, and they often get a play through spot.

Raichu: Plenty of better electric mons out there, sure, but none of them has ever appealed to me like this one - and this was before the anime.

Charizard: I still maintain he's a strong mon, and it's purely the SR meta that makes him difficult to play. Now, with MEvo, I feel like I can use him without getting slated by the entire scene. My 2nd favourite mon of all time right from my first playthrough of Red back in the day.

And now for the big one...

Butterfree! I adore this mon. Not sure if I'd say its my 3rd favourite mon or not, but it's definitely top 3 most used. I always loved how it reached 3rd Evo by lvl 10, and how it got relatively early access to psychic moves (which were at a premium back in red days). I just used him in my Y playthrough, and loved every minute. Hell, I'm probably gonna use him competitively just because.

There's probably more, but that'll do for now.

Probably Lapras

I mean I still like the design and it's not a bad pokemon, but I used to think it was this amazing almost quasi-legendary powerhouse back in Gold, this was before I had any idea of stats, physical/special moves, STAB...basically anything.

I didn't really get back into pokemon until Black/White, though played a bit of the previous gens, think I had a go on a friends or something. But I became aware of the competitive scene, not so much wanting to actually be involved, but realising that pokemon had these stat spreads, STAB and such mattered a great deal, EV training existed, natures etc. I realised Lapras just wasn't that great, particularly offensively, pretty much mediocre stats all round bar its high hp and horribly slow. Didn't have any decent abilities, especially if you weren't running a rain team. Just...wasn't what I thought it was.

Then as others have said Pigeot, back in the day it was fine but now it's just so obviously outclassed by so many other flying types, sad really..

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Onix and (to a lesser extent) Dwebble.

Onix is an awesome frickin rock snake that I knew of since FR/LG. I loved it, even though it had sucky attack. Dwebble is a cute little rock insect crab thing. Fast-forward to today, trying to find an old amber by smashing rocks in glittering cave. EVERY FRICKIN TIME THESE TWO (either that or root/cover fossils :\).

I never really hated any Pokemon I loved but I've liked using Metagross progressively less ever since gen 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)