Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that this won't be a popular opinion on this forum, but damn it, I have to say it. I hope that they nerf stealth rocks so it doesn't strip away half HP from fire/flying, fire/bug. and bug/flying types. Volcarona literally gets one chance to attack when it switchs in. One. And if it's roared out it's as good as gone.

i think that sans sr/with a nerf volc and possibly dnite would be uber, but i so do not have a problem with that lol

i do agree that they should be nerfed, though. it's pretty ridiculous.

Personally I think that's why they introduced sky battles. I believe stealth rocks won't be a option due to them being so high in air, since ya'know stealth rocks is magnetized rocks.. so it needs to have something to levitate off of.

I think there are some cool and interesting features in the goat for transportation, and custom characters, but i think the graphics and the small gameplay we have seen looks childish, and almost degrading to the veterans of pokemon.

My only problem with Sky Battling is how the Pokemon will look when they faint. Like srsly, will they spin plumet to their death?
i was wondering that myself, but i'd guess that you just recall them before they hit the ground?

ALSO

I use a Grass Knot, Dragon Pulse, Psychic, and Flamethrower Life Orb Timid Latios, his name is Drew.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT REMINDED ME OF
[YOUTUBE]5wPV-tY0cwo[/YOUTUBE]

NOSTALGIA TIDAL WAVE WHOOOOSH

I think there are some cool and interesting features in the goat for transportation, and custom characters, but i think the graphics and the small gameplay we have seen looks childish, and almost degrading to the veterans of pokemon.
You literally just joined to say that? lol. I am a veteran of pokemon, been playing it since I was seven, and I think that the graphic look absolutely amazing. I think that many of my fellow pokemon lovers will agree

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
They could just make Hidden Power randomized and set the BP to 70. It would be as simple as adding a value 01 through 12 (Hex value for 18) to the end of a Pokemon's data string. There could also be a check in place for Pokemon transferred over to keep their current HP type.

They could do that or...base it off NATURE! *insert maniacal laughter here* Want HP Bug, Keldeo? Better be Brave! Need HP Fire, Celebi? Well I don't think you're Jolly enough for it.

You literally just joined to say that? lol. I am a veteran of pokemon, been playing it since I was seven, and I think that the graphic look absolutely amazing. I think that many of my fellow pokemon lovers will agree
I've been playing since I have been three. Competitively since nine :-)

I don't know if you all saw, but the tower in Lumiose City has the gym logo on an archway that seems to lead into it. You can see it in the new trailer 33 or 34 seconds in while the player is running around the square in the middle of the city.

EDIIT: I made a screencap
Holy.. How come I didn't noticed this? It'll be a Electric-type Gym for sure.

I've been playing since I have been three. Competitively since nine :-)
That's not the point. My point is that the graphics look cartoonish because THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO. It's supposed to be a mix between sprites and and full cel-shading.

Edit: oops wrong guy. But yeah. Also, your a young 'un ain'tcha? I'm 21

well, it's, uh... not sprites at all, actually. full 3d models. that's a real 'memory is ram!' thing to those who know a thing or two about graphics in a game ehehe. but i think you mean that it's like a mix of the classic style of the sprites?

That's not the point. My point is that the graphics look cartoonish because THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO. It's supposed to be a mix between sprites and and full cel-shading.

Edit: oops wrong guy. But yeah.
Erm... Gogoat is pretty fucking majestic. It is beautiful, in a way. It use to be a NU/RU attackmon. I like the fact that you can ride it, too. I hope riding your own will boost friendship/happiness level.

Just throwing this out there, but does anyone else think they'll include water battles as well?
at first i read that as 'water bottles' and was like

BUT THOSE ARE BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT :'(

i think if it were water 'mons only then pokes like ludicolo and lanturn would rule in such a tier due to not only resisting common attacks to deal with waters [both of them, in ludicolo's case], and some moves, like surf, probably wouldn't work [but maybe whirlpool gets a buff?]

overall it sounds like it'd be a little repetitive because essentially mono-water [though if lugia can't participate... ???] but still really interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)