Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamefreak did say something vague about having special powers only available in Mega Evolution, and that got me thinking. It might be more than just increased stats. Yes you can deal more damage as Megazard than Charizard, but Deoxys-A can do more. It might be something unique to Megaevos. Maybe these guys can use certain moves (recharge and/or stat drop moves) without any drawbacks? IDK

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Same logic still applies. Theres no real basis for that assumption.
1. No one ever said anything about any logic. So the fact that you are trying to attack what I said makes no sense.
2. I never even mentioned the other horde so your logic makes no sense.

The fact that they look similar in many ways is good enough and I've thought that from before the horde picture was even shown. In short all I was really saying was my opinion and there's no reason to attack my post for that.

Gamefreak did say something vague about having special powers only available in Mega Evolution, and that got me thinking. It might be more than just increased stats. Yes you can deal more damage as Megazard than Charizard, but Deoxys-A can do more. It might be something unique to Megaevos. Maybe these guys can use certain moves (recharge and/or stat drop moves) without any drawbacks? IDK
I think the 'special powers' was referring to the abilities (and possibly typings) that they get when they Mega Evolve.

Giving anything the ability to use moves without waiting for the charge/recharge sounds like its just asking to be broken.

I wasnt attacking anything, I was just pointing out that there wasnt really any reason to assume that Orotto and Sudowoodo are in the same evolutionary line.

And the reason I referred to the horde with Tauros and Miltank is because you seemed to be using the fact that Sudowoodo and Orotto appeared in the same horde as confirming the fact that theyre related, when it actually more likely means that hordes can be mixed pokemon that are still somewhat similar.

Last edited:
I think the 'special powers' was referring to the abilities (and possibly typings) that they get when they Mega Evolve.

Giving anything the ability to use moves without waiting for the charge/recharge sounds like its just asking to be broken.
Isn't the whole idea of Megaevos to be broken though? With some mons, new abilities and typings (Ampharos) is all Gamefreak CAN do... but for these guys, who don't get too much in abilities (except for Zard and maybe Blastoise but I doubt it) they could really become "mega" by being their signature moves with impunity. It's not too likely, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happens.

Last CoroCoro until the games are out will be coming next week yeah? I'm really hoping they keep the new Pokemon reveals to a minimum. Do Orotto, the aplaca thing and maybe 1/2 more. I'd rather more new MegaEvos than new Pokemon.

The new type chart is the most exciting thing, finally all the debating over Fairy can be put to rest (maybe).

COULD OROTTO BE APART OF THE SUDOWOODO FAMILY?!?!
I think it's a "joke". There's one Sudowoodo, the Pokemon who pretends it's a tree, in a horde of actual tree Pokemon.

Guys, it could be that one of Orot's types has been adjusted in terms of the type chart, and they're saving it for this last CoroCoro not only to officially reveal it but to show off its type. It's a stretch but hey anything can happen at this point.

Personally, I'm expecting the new type chart, the revelation of Orot, alpaca, and 2 new pokemon (who also happen to have reworked types), and maybe some early game details.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Last thing we need is DroughtMegaZard spamming Blast Burn without any recharge.

Last thing we need is DroughtMegaZard spamming Blast Burn without any recharge.
This. Also I know its been said already but i hope other starters get mega evolutions, Meganium specifically, we can all agree it really needs it. They could give all the johto starters another type or some new abilities I don't know. Anyways i hope they give it to more pokemon that really need it.

Power whip animation:
Why... why can't I like this more than once?!

WAY old but I'm pretty sure MKhan hits twice with the same power with Parental Bond. I noticed the first hit on Conk left it with 82/172 HP, followed by a hit that knockes it out. For the second hit to be half base power/ damage dealt would involve some serious min/max damage. But I REALLY don't want to bring back that convo, I will not reply further on this.

Pokémon Bank....doesn't.... cost anything to use during the trial period... why are people thinking it has some initial cost to use? They give you that period of time because THEY KNOW how much we want our old pokes, I'm glad they figured out a way to do it at all. (The bit about future releases really stands out to me)

On a more lighthearted note, I LOVE how the targets react to Leaf Blade's individual strikes instead of reacting only once. Definitely a plus for other move animations. Gotta say though, kinda dissapointed how Protect looks considering how awesome the other attacks in that same battle look.

@Wazzup360 I like that possible shiny portrait of shiny MZard, but I like this coloration too, bit darker with red eyes
1175590_572783322758729_2080261840_n.jpg
You know what would be funny?

If it got U-turn

Last edited:
Why are they giving us so many starters!? 6th gen starters, then Torchic...and now 1st gen starters as well!? Madness.
Well what else would they give out at the start? Legendaries are most likely going to be given out later on (for movie tie-ins, etc.)

And to be fair, the Kanto starters are in-game freebies

Nah I reckon they put some little hidden things in there such as the afore mentioned alpaca (which looks sick btw) and also did anyone notice the start of gyarados going through mega evolution? It was right at the end of all the clips showing mega evolution when we see gyarados in a pink glow. So I reckon the list of pokemon supposedly getting mega evos is true , and if so, I can't wait for mega scizor!!!
Yeah I saw the Gyarados thing too

Did.... The Agonist.... just receive a warning/infraction? He just happens to share the same profile icon as IcyMan28.

Anyways.... MZard has made me completely forgive GF for Fairy type.

due to the fact that there are about 317 pages of responses on this thread, this question may have been already asked/ be redundant to the discussion.

Regarding the ability to mega-evolve in a turn, (implying that the opponent does not know if you have the item to mega-evolve), does anyone else get the vibe that this will be a new prediction to be made in competitive battling? I'd love to hear your thoughts etc, because I know that I might bluff the mega-evolution until a certain turn where the damage will be increased by a lot and catching my opponent off-guard..

I think you're right! but that would just make Mzard and Msaur in the sun more of a problem, as the only things to stop them are embargo Zam,persian and weavile.

For the Sudowoodo/Orroto thing everybody should calm their poketits.

There are two possibilities here:
Either Sudowoodo is related to Orroto in one way or another (doubt it personally, beacause Orroto looks like a Grass/Dark or Ghost (it's a treant of sorts so these types and the looks are fitting) rather than say oh I dunno a Rock/Grass evo of Sudo)
Or horde battles hold similar Pokemon (in Miltank's case Tauros and in Orrotos case Sudowoodo as part of its camouflage).

IMO I hope Tauros and Miltank are related (have a shared pre-evo), but NOT that Sudowoodo having Orroto as in evo (mainly because of aesthetic reasons). As for the matter of Orroto and the llama-like Pokemon being revealed in Corocoro. It might be so, but let's not get our hopes up. If we get from Corocoro final starter evolutions I'll be happy.

Why... why can't I like this more than once?!

WAY old but I'm pretty sure MKhan hits twice with the same power with Parental Bond. I noticed the first hit on Conk left it with 82/172 HP, followed by a hit that knockes it out. For the second hit to be half base power/ damage dealt would involve some serious min/max damage. But I REALLY don't want to bring back that convo, I will not reply further on this.

Pokémon Bank....doesn't.... cost anything to use during the trial period... why are people thinking it has some initial cost to use? They give you that period of time because THEY KNOW how much we want our old pokes, I'm glad they figured out a way to do it at all. (The bit about future releases really stands out to me)

On a more lighthearted note, I LOVE how the targets react to Leaf Blade's individual strikes instead of reacting only once. Definitely a plus for other move animations. Gotta say though, kinda dissapointed how Protect looks considering how awesome the other attacks in that same battle look.

@Wazzup360 I like that possible shiny portrait of shiny MZard, but I like this coloration too, bit darker with red eyes View attachment 1258 You know what would be funny?

If it got U-turn
agreed, just took thw color as close as posibble to the shiny sprite :P didn't change the eye tough.

Reactions: PME
Well what else would they give out at the start? Legendaries are most likely going to be given out later on (for movie tie-ins, etc.)

And to be fair, the Kanto starters are in-game freebies
Three starters for an in-game run is overkill, we will utterly destroy every single gym with them, unless they make the games super hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)