Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about they make hidden abilities simply a lesser probability of encountering compared to regular abilities? So you can toss on some new abilities as hidden abilities on older Pokemon, give new Pokemon hidden abilities, and bring back some/most/all of the DW hidden abilities. It wouldn't be that big of deal in regards to breeding because of the new inheritance model for abilities they implemented in gen5... you aren't really left to rely on getting lucky on hatching that rare ability as long as you have a female with the ability you want.

Anyway, I really like Meowstic. One of my favourite designs revealed so far! I don't know if I want to use the female (aka french spy) or male (aka bishounen black mage). Attacker or support... guess it depends on the rest of my team. I'll leave it up to fate of whichever gender of Espurr I encounter first (the prev-evo of Meowstic according to the Pokebeach rumours).

Last thing: did they REALLY remove Ice-types getting a defensive boost in Hail?? I hope that was just a spelling mistake... that was hardly game-breaking. Poor Ice type.
NOPE I'M DUMB

Last edited:
If you need a dragon move, you get draco meteor, which does more over three turns even when factoring in that SpA drop
If you NEED a dragon move, then you probably aren't a dragon. No dragon = no draco meteor (unless it's an event)

g: did they REALLY remove Ice-types getting a defensive boost in Hail?? I hope that was just a spelling mistake... that was hardly game-breaking. Poor Ice type.
They never had a boost.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Not at all.

1-3 turns of sleep AND you're allowed to attack the turn you wake up.

vs.

20% chance to thaw for an infinite amount of turns and you don't get to do anything the turn you thaw.

They're not even comparable, frankly.
Guys, let's try to fact check before we start making statements like these. After generation two, you are able to attack on the turn you thaw.

It seems like every other post lately is filled with misinformation. A quick Google or Bulbapedia search usually yields worthwhile results.

So, the new Pokemon have been revealed in English! Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, and Furfrou! I love that Pyroar has different male and female forms.

I might go with Chespin just for the sake of Quilladin's name.

Guys, let's try to fact check before we start making statements like these. After generation two, you are able to attack on the turn you thaw.

It seems like every other post lately is filled with misinformation. A quick Google or Bulbapedia search usually yields worthwhile results.
I actually looked there first and misread it. I made a mistake. No need to be snarky about it.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I was offering genuine advice for avoiding situations like these. People have been correcting each other all day and it is detracting from discussion. No snark intended.

If you NEED a dragon move, then you probably aren't a dragon. No dragon = no draco meteor (unless it's an event)
Dude, that's the point I'm going for here.
Dragon is a crap offensive type unless you get STAB on it. If Dragons weren't naturally badass with awesome stats and movepools then they would have gotten a buff this gen instead of a nerf

Dude, that's the point I'm going for here.
Dragon is a crap offensive type unless you get STAB on it. If Dragons weren't naturally badass with awesome stats and movepools then they would have gotten a buff this gen instead of a nerf
I hope this is sarcasm, but it felt nothing like it
Resisted by one type and is super effective on a type... Normal isn't even a horrible offensive type and it is super effective against nothing, has two resists(one shared by Dragon) and an immunity.
Return and Double Edge see use without STAB.

Hmm...which part of the Pokebeach rumors haven't been confirmed yet?

1) The rivals give you their fully evolved starter after the end of the game.
2) Belch (seems like a cool move, but a waste of a moveslot/megastone)
3) Patrice
4) Starter final types (speaking of which, where do you guys get the idea of Chespin being a dark night?)

Come to mind
I don't think Chespin will become a dark knight, I think he will just become a plain knight. Quill + Paladin, as many others have mentioned previously. At this point, grass/steel or grass/fighting fits more with the knight archetype. I know that the rumors originally said water/dark, fire/psychic and grass/fighting, but pokebeach later said he made a mistake and turned it to water/fighting, fire/psychic and grass/dark.

I think that was a miscorrection. With the rumors being so accurate, I'm betting my money on:

water/dark, fire/psychic and grass/fighting

to fit in with the original uncorrected rumors.

Pokebeach's leaked information doesn't make sense to me.
It would make sense if Chespin3 was Fight, and Froakie3 was Dark.
Since Chespin is the Knight and Froakie the thief....

I hope this is sarcasm, but it felt nothing like it
Resisted by one type and is super effective on a type... Normal isn't even a horrible offensive type and it is super effective against nothing, has two resists(one shared by Dragon) and an immunity.
Return and Double Edge see use without STAB.
That's because Return is available on every Pokemon, (Dragon Claw/Outrage is not) and Double-Edge gets good distribution too, and they're just better moves without STAB due to more power and fewer downsides. So mons with mediocre movepools can use normal moves as filler. If you don't get STAB on any of the following and have access to Return, Double-Edge, Dragon Claw, or Outrage, you go with the normal moves.

I don't think Chespin will become a dark knight, I think he will just become a plain knight. Quill + Paladin, as many others have mentioned previously. At this point, grass/steel or grass/fighting fits more with the knight archetype. I know that the rumors originally said water/dark, fire/psychic and grass/fighting, but pokebeach later said he made a mistake and turned it to water/fighting, fire/psychic and grass/dark.

I think that was a miscorrection. With the rumors being so accurate, I'm betting my money on:

water/dark, fire/psychic and grass/fighting

to fit in with the original uncorrected rumors.
That would actually make a lot more sense. Especially with Froakie being the Rogue and Gamefreak showing no indication of wanting starters to be able to go against the rock paper scissor formula they enforce

That would actually make a lot more sense. Especially with Froakie being the Rogue and Gamefreak showing no indication of wanting starters to be able to go against the rock paper scissor formula they enforce
Exactly and I think that this would make rival battles get harder as you move through the game....and I think that makes more sense than rival battles getting easier as you progress through the game.

Are you saying that Pokebeach was wrong or that the leaker gave us the correct info, but then "corrected" it when he felt like GF was gonna get him?
That could be it. I mean the leaker might have been gamefreak themselves, because a lot of the info is pretty detailed for an average tester to be able to spot. I get this feeling that gamefreak/leaker "corrected" it to bring up the discussion and hype before the game is released, without spoiling too much so future reveals are more surprising. Pokebeach might not have been wrong. It's a typical strategy that a lot of other gaming companies uses.

Last edited:
So... I was trying to figure out what DBZ villain could have possibly "inspired" Mega Mewtwo X and I think I've found him!
(Super) Janemba

VS mega Mewtwo X

I shouldn't question why my big pictures were put in hide tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Imposter Ditto can... oh god, scarfed Megas?!
Wow, that could really make people think twice before Mega Evolving. In fact, Mega Garchomp would probably be the biggest target for Ditto to copy, as its increased attack combined with Sand Force AND a Choice Scarf to mitigate its lowered speed would undoubtedly wreak havoc on the enemy's team.

They should ditch the 1 ability system and just give mons all the abilities they could possibly have... lol

Seriously though, they need to rework the 2 normal abilities w/Hidden Ability thing. All abilities should be available through breeding or found naturally in the wild.
"The Torchic you'll get via the Nintendo Network has the Hidden Ability Speed Boost. Speed Boost increases a Pokémon’s Speed at the end of every turn, making it a very powerful Ability. You can't find a Torchic with this Ability through regular gameplay, making this an exceedingly rare Pokémon. This Level 10 Pokémon knows the moves Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, and Ember, a solid foundation of moves to start Torchic's growth."- Official XY webiste
Nope. Well, that sucks. Hopefully more hidden grottos.

So... I was trying to figure out what DBZ villain could have possibly "inspired" Mega Mewtwo X and I think I've found him!

(Super) Janemba
VS mega Mewtwo X

Sorry that these are so big. You could just delete this post and keeps Wyverns reply if this is too big.
Are you sure?

What is this talk of Scarfed MEvo'd Pokemon? Are you assuming that you can Trick a Pokémon's Mega Stone off of it without causing it to degenerate?

What is this talk of Scarfed MEvo'd Pokemon? Are you assuming that you can Trick a Pokémon's Mega Stone off of it without causing it to degenerate?
Not exactly what they were talking about, but an interesting idea. Would tricking the stone away cause a Mega Evolved pokemon to devolve, and could an Imposter even turn into a mega in the first place.

At first, I was like "It will play the same roll as it did last time", but then I realized that It can actually USE the item slot. Think about this:

Mega is copied
Switch to something to tank
Some how kill the Mega
Bring out your life orb'd/scarfed Mega Ditto
........I thought Ditto lost its transformation on switch out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)