Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yveltal and Xerneas types

before the next batch of news comes out in a few hours what type do you think the legendries are Xerneas could be a psychic and ice type and Yveltal could be a flying and dark type both have a strength and weakness on each other makes sense and anyone else see the new Pokémon the sea horse and shrimp and bird pkmn on pokebeach

Ha! So Fairy type is really. Funny... Back in the original XY thread, I remember there was a big 'discussion' about Light type/a new type and I was saying that Light type sucks and doesn't make sense, and brought up Fairy type as being something that was at least better flavour wise in regards to design/theme/etc. tl;dr I have amazing prediction skills.

Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable need to become pure Fairy type, and I think the next obvious choice is Snubbull/Granbull (they are the Fairy Pokemon after all). Actually, I'm pretty sure most of the Fairy egg group will become Fairy type or at least gain it as a secondary type. Of those exclusive to the Fairy egg group: Jigglypuff already has (and by extension we can assume Wigglytuff), Chansey/Blissey (Normal/Fairy) and Audino (pure Fairy but probably Normal/Fairy) are other obvious choices and Plusle & Minun will probably go the way of Marill. Others that I see becoming Fairy: Castform, Snorunt (maybe Glalie, too, but that's weird), Cottonee/Whimsicott, Cherubi/Cherrim, Mawile (was this not mention in Pokebeach's rumours??) and Skitty/Delcatty. Togetic and Togekiss would probably make more sense as Fairy/Flying vs. Normal/Fairy. A few others I could see becoming retroactively Fairy or part Fairy as well. I'm hoping Celebi and Jirachi stay the way they are, but if they do have to become part Fairy than to drop the Psychic type or Grass or Steel respectively.

I like Noivern, he reminds me of a Digimon for some reason. Flying/Dragon typing is kinda strange though. Vivillon is a bit run of the mill, and I wish they weren't so lazy with it's 'arms', 'legs' and eyes.

The three new Pokemon revealed at E3: The blue crawfish is my favourite (re: me being good at prediction: I was at the zoo last week and was looking at some blue crawfish and thought it would be cool for there to be a blue crustacean pokemon). The evolved form of that cool bird is kinda strange though, it looks like he is wearing really high pants but that flame-looking design makes me think that it will be Fire/Flying. The coked out seahorse is interesting (Water/Poison?)... Reminds me of something from the Mario franchise for some reason.

I had this long post about how good Cress would be with fairy typing but I got a server error when I tried posting it.

Basically the gist of it is that Cress would become a hard counter to pretty much every current OU dragon minus Hydreigon, since Fairy might be dark weak.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Kind of brilliant how Fairy is only weak to Poison and Steel. Since steel resists both of those types, having a Fairy and Steel type should be able to keep you truly safe from Dragons.

Anyone else notice how Noivern looks like a more western-styled dragon? Very European looking, so it may be safe to assume some other pokes will be European based.

Kind of brilliant how Fairy is only weak to Poison and Steel. Since steel resists both of those types, having a Fairy and Steel type should be able to keep you truly safe from Dragons.
Afaik we only know that Fairy is SE against Dragon and nothing else

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Pokemon Direct starts in a couple hours!
If we do indeed get Arceus-Fairy, do you think it'll be better than Arceus-Steel at walling / defeating Dragon-types? Because Arceus-Fairy's supposed weaknesses are a lot less prominent than those of Arceus-Steel, and assuming that the Fairy-type does indeed get resistances (no resistances seems sort of sketchy), it could act as a CM mono-attacker much better than Arceus-Steel can.

I'm loving pretty much everything at this point except the Pokemon Amie thing and the bit that says "The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. Friendly Pokémon may perform better in battle".

I would really really prefer to never have to use this function if I don't have to. I'll be quite irritated if I have to use it for my Pokemon to function properly competitively.

Bummed that Noivern isn't a Swoobat evo. Also, all that talk of IV's effect on Hidden Power changing really scared me. I hope they don't do this (they probably will not). I mean we worked hard in 4th and 5th gen to rng specific hidden powers and for the mechanics to be totally different in gen 6 would be a slap in the face. Sigh

And also, anyone know what websites will be streaming the Nintendo event tonight at 6?(west coast)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I am really digging the clean 3D Pokemon animations. The Pokemon Amie feature really shows this off - well done!

Really hyped about the new Fairy-type of course :>

Light would still be a better name/flavor for a type, because it encompasses new ideas without overlapping old ideas as much as Fairy does. I also don't like that Fairy is pink, because that immediately will make many people think "Oh, so It's girly-type."

That being said, I'm happy that they made a new type, because certain things needed to be fixed in terms of type balance. That being said, if Fairy ends up being the only new/changed type, I'll be disappointed, because it wouldn't be quite enough to fix everything.

Im guessing that the red hawk like bird shown in the "sky battle " image is the evolution of the early route bird

Posted from Smogon.com App for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)